What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (17 Viewers)

It's interesting what the term "dynasty" means to different people. I'm not remotely considering a 10 year span. The way the sands shift in the NFL, it's more like 3 years, max.

And in any year where I'm in the playoffs I'm going to try and go for it all even if I have to borrow from or sacrifice the future. But that's not right or wrong, just the way I like to play. 

It's interesting what the term "dynasty" means to different people. I'm not remotely considering a 10 year span. The way the sands shift in the NFL, it's more like 3 years, max.

And in any year where I'm in the playoffs I'm going to try and go for it all even if I have to borrow from or sacrifice the future. But that's not right or wrong, just the way I like to play. 
Same. I *always* compete now. And I always look to the future, but I rarely sacrifice the present for the future. I have the experience and faith to know that if I borrow from the future I will still come out ahead. I always seem to have draft capital every year and an improved roster IMO. So why not get better right now?

Cool. I think with your experience, you've got it. I think the standard is to think of two-year windows, though I admittedly am not an expert. But how could one think ten years down the road when running backs are done at 27 and every play is a hit away from ending a career if not a season? 

12 team PPR
10 keeper league

I gave: Fournette

I get: 1.08 and 2.09

Not sure how I feel about it. I think LF has a RB2 type year but I wanted to get out while I could. I think he has a better chance of losing value than gaining value over next 1-2 years. 
Fournette here and kind of easily unless he's like my RB5 or I'm not competing.

Well, fantasy football shouldn't mimic real football in that sense IMO. If you want to increase the value of QBs, give 6 pts per passing TD instead of 4 and give bonuses on yardage or some other statistic. 
I don't play SF but regular one start QB leagues have devalued the most important position in not just football but team sports and probably the most glamorous.

The 6tps per  passing TD does not help either or does not help much because the root of the problem for QB's in 12 team leagues there are more then 12 good QB's.

My excuse is that I feel I *might* have an even bigger edge on my competition in SF than in regular leagues. Especially FFPC. 
And this is the reason I don't play SF simply because it would be new to me and I'm doing well enough in non-SF  to endure a possible learning curve in something I'm not familiar.

The 6tps per  passing TD does not help either or does not help much because the root of the problem for QB's in 12 team leagues there are more then 12 good QB's.
Then give bonuses for yardage along with 6pts per TD.  Having a shortage at QB where the likes of Herbert is chosen over Lamb and Jeudy is a bit much, don't you think?

2020 Inaugural year

12 team PPR, 1QB 3WR 2RB 1TE 2Flex 11bench 3taxi 4IR

trade

team A, michael thomas, 2021 1st

team B, saquon barkley, 2022 2nd, 2023 2nd

teams

team A starters chris carson, kareem hunt, Michael thomas, DK Metcalf, Deebo Samuel, DJ chark and decent prospects 

Team B starters Saquon Barkley, Leonard  fournette, keenan allen, tyler boyd, michael gallup, preston williams, denzel mims, not much else
Pretty close. If i was team A I think I would have stayed the course. That team had the chance to be dominate. 

What the hell does "real draft" matter when it comes to FF?
For people that like to approximate the importance to a team of one's quarterback, it means a lot. Every year we see quarterbacks going in the first because they're so valuable to a team's success down the road. I get you don't like it for FF purposes. Some people do.  

One question: Why so in love with traditional fantasy football valuations? They're not the level of priority one puts on stats in the NFL in the least. One could argue that you want the most accurate picture of NFL vis a vis fantasy football because what you're really looking to see by playing is how well you evaluate talent in the NFL. 

For people that like to approximate the importance to a team of one's quarterback, it means a lot. Every year we see quarterbacks going in the first because they're so valuable to a team's success down the road. I get you don't like it for FF purposes. Some people do.  

One question: Why so in love with traditional fantasy football valuations? They're not the level of priority one puts on stats in the NFL in the least. One could argue that you want the most accurate picture of NFL vis a vis fantasy football because what you're really looking to see by playing is how well you evaluate talent in the NFL. 
Each to their own, it's AMERICAN.  I'm just saying it's not my cup of tea and wondered why anyone would value it, when QB scoring can be enhanced, not make a shortage of them, or value them over other positions.

Then give bonuses for yardage along with 6pts per TD.  Having a shortage at QB where the likes of Herbert is chosen over Lamb and Jeudy is a bit much, don't you think?
No matter what you do with scoring you still have more QB’s then starting spots so does not change their value much.

No I don’t think Herbert going over those WRs is a bit much. Happened in the real NFL.

Again I don’t play SF but it does it’s job of making the most important position in the game  a lot more fantasy relevant and I see a lot of merit in that.

Each to their own, it's AMERICAN.  I'm just saying it's not my cup of tea and wondered why anyone would value it, when QB scoring can be enhanced, not make a shortage of them, or value them over other positions.
I'm in agreement about to each their own, too. Though that's slightly more relativistic than America prefers and preferred to be, at least in the religious/colonial era of the country. Okay, I digress. It's American.   

I don't play SF but regular one start QB leagues have devalued the most important position in not just football but team sports and probably the most glamorous.

And this is the reason I don't play SF simply because it would be new to me and I'm doing well enough in non-SF  to endure a possible learning curve in something I'm not familiar.
Agreed on the first part. On the 2nd I think it's worth noting that most owners are new, so if you can just be better at that learning curve than them...you're theoretically winning. You have a strong foundation in FFPC, with the nuances of cutting down to 16 and 20, with the TE scoring, heck even the FABB is new and daunting to a lot of people. I am only a couple seasons into my first SF dynasties. I have two startups this year and one team that is going into 3rd season. Playoffs both years but no $$ so I really can't be patting myself on the back that much yet. But if there is an early lesson I'm trying to learn (or test to see if I'm right), it is that WR is king just like regular FFPC, and that you *can* wait on your QB's if you're really careful about it. I don't know how any of these FFPC SF squads are supposed to carry more than 3 RBs when we get to 16. If you do, it *is* coming at a price. Developing young WRs or TEs? You can almost forget about it. I also noticed that in the rookie/FA drafts, there is a *lot* of FA talent available. The 3rd round this year included Edwards, Claypool, Gronk, Hurst, Damien Williams, Marvin Jones. I took Jarwin at 4.05, I don't know how nobody took him before. Stidham and Tyrod Taylor were there for desperate @QB teams.

Sorry just realized this is completed trades thread.

My FFPC SF startup just had Lamb and Jeudy go 4.11 and 6.05 while Herbert went 8.02. QBs in their range were Tua, Stafford, Rodgers, Ryan. Doesn't diminish your point, though, and I'm sure we could find some other examples that fit what you're saying. I mean I personally am in love with Pittman, who went 10.09 (me), so compare him to other QBs in that range like Carr, Stidham, Brees, Haskins and Rivers. ??

Also, I think it's really fun. And I *love* having a QB shortage to go along with a top RB shortage, top WR shortage, and top TE shortage. I think it makes it challenging, and I really like that.

12 team PPR dynasty 

Gave: 2.8 rookie pick (Aiyuk or Shenault would have been my selection if kept) and Thielen 

Got: Irv Smith Jr, 3.3, 1st in 2021

12 team PPR dynasty 

Gave: 2.8 rookie pick (Aiyuk or Shenault would have been my selection if kept) and Thielen 

Unless that is projected to be a very high pick, I'll take Thielen and Aiyuk.

Thielen seems set up for insane volume this season to hold you over and Aiyuk is a really intriguing 1st round pedigree prospect with all the tools. That combo would get me to move off a 1st if I had a good roster. 

And since it's a 12 teamer I wouldn't value Irv highly enough to impact this.

Unless that is projected to be a very high pick, I'll take Thielen and Aiyuk.

Thielen seems set up for insane volume this season to hold you over and Aiyuk is a really intriguing 1st round pedigree prospect with all the tools. That combo would get me to move off a 1st if I had a good roster. 

And since it's a 12 teamer I wouldn't value Irv highly enough to impact this.
Well I needed a 2nd TE behind Kelce and not really big on anyone in this draft. And I have MT, Beckham, AJB, McLaurin, Parker, Preston Williams, Crowder, Harry at WR, so won't really miss the aging Thielen from my roster.  :shrug:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I needed a 2nd TE behind Kelce and not really big on anyone in this draft. And I have Mt, Beckham, AJB, McLaurin, Parker, Preston Williams, Crowder, Harry at WR, so won't really miss the aging Thielen from my roster.  :shrug:
Seems like you won't, and it's good to get your guys.

I wonder if you could have just taken Aiyuk, and if you really needed a TE (a 2nd TE isn't something I'd be worried about in June) send that Thielen/Aiyuk duo for a better package in a month or two when the hype has risen on Aiyuk. And by better package I mean a better TE, future pick package, or whatever else you need then.

Anyways, not criticizing you, just an interesting trade to discuss. Just seems like a decent amount to pay for a random future 1st and an unhyped TE prospect. 

I honestly didn't even look at the team's overall roster to try and guess where that future 1st might be (until right now), but if I had to guess, more likely a non playoff team than playoff team, so it could work out in my favor. The projected starters would be Josh Allen, Mostert, Dobbins, Ingram, Theilen, Woods, Aiyuk or Marvin Jones, Kittle. 

I honestly didn't even look at the team's overall roster to try and guess where that future 1st might be (until right now), but if I had to guess, more likely a non playoff team than playoff team, so it could work out in my favor. The projected starters would be Josh Allen, Mostert, Dobbins, Ingram, Theilen, Woods, Aiyuk or Marvin Jones, Kittle. 
If it’s a 12 team league, that’s looking like a non-playoff roster to me. 

Cook averaged 15.8ppg over their last 7 games last season on a total of 28 targets, primarily because he caught 7 TDs.  Over his first 6 games  of the season he had a similar 27 targets, scored 2 TDs, and averaged 7.3ppg.  The targets were pretty consistent all season, so I think people are insane relying on Jared Cook this season expecting a similarly unrealistic TD rate.  
Cook's game logs

--------Bridgewater QB--------

2-37-0

2-25-0

1-7-0

3-21-0

4-41-1

3-37-1

-------Brees QB---------

2-37-0

6-74-0

2-33-1

6-99-1

3-85-0

2-64-0

4-54-0

3-84-2

2-44-1

5-54-0

Pretty clear and obvious difference there.  The difference isn't "first 6" vs. "last 7".  It's "without Brees" vs. "with Brees".  His 16 game pace with Brees was 65-1050-12.  Obviously the TD rate and YPC will probably regress some but there is plenty of room for regression built in, especially when we're talking about throwing him away for virtually nothing.

These guys can't all be Travis Kelce with 100 catches.  Mark Andrews had 48 catches over the last 13 weeks.

No matter what you do with scoring you still have more QB’s then starting spots so does not change their value much.

No I don’t think Herbert going over those WRs is a bit much. Happened in the real NFL.

Again I don’t play SF but it does it’s job of making the most important position in the game  a lot more fantasy relevant and I see a lot of merit in that.
I dont play SF either.  Curious though on how its managed.  12 team league, need 2 starters, account for bye weeks, each team would need three.  There aren't 36 NFL starters, so whats the solution for team with just 2 and the bye weeks?  I've heard they can start a RB/WR in that slot, seems like a huge disadvantage.  

Anyone come up with a good way to up the value of QB's in 1 QB leagues other than making TDs 6 points?

I dont play SF either.  Curious though on how its managed.  12 team league, need 2 starters, account for bye weeks, each team would need three.  There aren't 36 NFL starters, so whats the solution for team with just 2 and the bye weeks?  I've heard they can start a RB/WR in that slot, seems like a huge disadvantage.  

Anyone come up with a good way to up the value of QB's in 1 QB leagues other than making TDs 6 points?
Yardage bonuses.

You just have to start someone else. I guess there is a big difference between 2QB and superflex. I haven't done 2QB, but in superflex, and in FFPC, putting in another top option RB/WR/TE isn't that big of a deal really, and happens quite frequently. You say there aren't 36 starters, well there aren't 26 that you would want to start, so it's even more scarce than you think. I mean there are some seriously decent flex options that aren't QBs. But obviously the preference would usually still be for that ~26th QB. I mean you really are probably getting more points from Nick Foles or Ryan Fitzpatrick than say **looks at SF rosters** Gallup, Jarwin, Waller, Herndon, Jefferson, Pittman. But you're not crying if you start one of those guys instead of a QB, either because of byes or being thin. I personally am kind of thin and top heavy at RB on these squads, so you might weigh one of these bottom of the barrel QBs against what you would think of as your RB3. #### this is completed trade threads again. We should take it over to a SF thread.

Interesting one in a Superflex recently 

Micheal Thomas for

Miles sanders and mclaurin.
I love Thomas but I think Sanders is a great piece here.  Seems pretty fair and would depend on rosters/scoring but nothing wrong with this one.  If I had enough RBs, I'd prefer MT as he is by far the best player in the trade but nothing wrong with either side.

12 team PPR dynasty 

I think this is an overpay for a future asset that you don't know where it will be.  Could work but Shenault/Aiyuk and Thielen are worth more than that I believe but roster makeup could make a huge difference here.

You just have to start someone else. I guess there is a big difference between 2QB and superflex. I haven't done 2QB, but in superflex, and in FFPC, putting in another top option RB/WR/TE isn't that big of a deal really, and happens quite frequently. You say there aren't 36 starters, well there aren't 26 that you would want to start, so it's even more scarce than you think. I mean there are some seriously decent flex options that aren't QBs. But obviously the preference would usually still be for that ~26th QB. I mean you really are probably getting more points from Nick Foles or Ryan Fitzpatrick than say **looks at SF rosters** Gallup, Jarwin, Waller, Herndon, Jefferson, Pittman. But you're not crying if you start one of those guys instead of a QB, either because of byes or being thin. I personally am kind of thin and top heavy at RB on these squads, so you might weigh one of these bottom of the barrel QBs against what you would think of as your RB3. #### this is completed trade threads again. We should take it over to a SF thread.
yes, my bad....

14 Team PPR, TE 1.75 PPR

Team A got AJ Green

Team B got Penny, Jonnu Smith
That's quite a TE premium format but Jonnu's not the TE to take advantage of it.  Penny's won't cost his teams a roster spot all year but will chew up an IR spot. Not throwing in towel on Penny but don't know if he'll amount to anything either with such a serious injury and possibility we don't get to see him give us or Seattle reason to believe he's the post-Carson anwer so for me I'd still take AJG here, no idea if other two will ever amount to anything but I trust  AJG has enough left to give me at least two good seasons.

Understood. I wish he wasn't in such a crowded team for the ball...so many stars on that team?
Totally. Elliott, Lamb, Cooper, and now you'll get Jarwin emerging. I just think that it'll clear out back to two as there are contract outs that people in the SP have pointed out. If you were the recipient of 1.5, you dealt even and I can't really criticize it. You moved into this year's first, or as some people would have, second tier, where the former is 1.01 and 1.02 ahead of everybody, and the latter is 1.01-1.07 as one tier.

Users who are viewing this thread