What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (13 Viewers)

No way are Friermuth or Jordan worth anywhere near more than Fant at this time. Pitts, yes.
I think Fant for Pitts would be a fair trade. Rookie fever is spreading faster than COVID right now. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn’t the Cards have some OL issues last year that exacerbated that situation? 

I seem to recall he had a lot less time to throw & was forced to scramble more (as opposed to choosing to do so). I don’t remember if it was injuries or if they were just a subpar unit (or both?)

So maybe a little bit of chicken & the egg on that one. 
Cards need some serious OL help.

FFPC

Team A got: Will Fuller and Noah Fant

Team B got: Salvon Ahmed, 4th, LAR Defense

Now I know what you're thinking, "it's heavily lobsided" and you're right. FFPC reversed it rather easily. So then I thought that Fant was available for cheap.

I then traded Darrynton Evans, Gabriel Davis (who I absolutely love) and 2.06 for Fant. Still stealing though so I'm perfectly happy getting a young stud TE behind my Kittle. 
Yeah I like Fant there, too, but if by any chance I was weak at WR and had someone like Kittle at TE, I might move Fant for something like this but I would definitely look for a better deal. I'm guessing you are strong enough at WR that losing Davis isn't doing much (if anything whatsoever) against you but gaining Fant is a great shore up for a strong contender. Maybe like getting a Coke for 3 quarters. Doh!

FFPC Superflex (this is a $250 orphan I bought for $29):

I gave Gaskin, 2022 2nd
I got Slayton, Harris, 3.05, 3.07

I have room to take another player here and this is a project that *could* win this year but I need to make these kinds of moves and churn.

Just a shout out that today I saw that there is a $250 team in one of my SF FFPC leagues for sale right now and that there is a high bid of $800. I just won the ship in this one and this new owner is going to have to win the whole thing to profit here. The team is good and a contender but not great.

I saw a $750 team today that has set the "buy now" price at $12,000 and right now there is a high bid of $4,000. I saw another that was a $1250 team with a current high bid of $5,000. 1st place in the $750 is $3750 (and possibly another ~$600 by finishing as the 1 or 2 seed). It would require winning the league to break even basically. These teams *are* in fact t-i-t-s but dang. I think that is just stupid. I paid full price for one orphan this year and I think it is just as stacked as these ones. 

This one was interesting....

14 team short lineup (QB, 1RB, 1WR/TE, 3 Flex) Non PPR league with typical standard scoring...

Team A trades A.Rodgers & T.Hill

Team B trades Tua & 1.03 (Team B's only other QB is Teddy, he had Brees who just retired)

On the surface it looks like the Rodgers/Hill side easily but Aaron is 37 with another expected 1.32 years while Tua will be 23 with another 11.26 expected years (Given that he actually remains a starter, which is a big given.)

Hill will be 27 with another 4.22 expected years vs. the 1.03 (Looking like team receiving that pick will be going RB) which would have an expected 6/7 years remaining (Also assuming that pick sticks.)

Short term is 100% on the Rodgers/Hill side and long term could be too if Tua and/or 1.03 bust. But, if Tua and 1.03 hit, I'd figure that side wins pretty easily long term.

Just looking at both sides as I thought it was an interesting trade. Personally I'd side with the "Bird in the hand" Rodgers/Hill side but just wondering what others think.

14 team short lineup (QB, 1RB, 1WR/TE, 3 Flex) Non PPR league with typical standard scoring...

Team B trades Tua & 1.03 (Team B's only other QB is Teddy, he had Brees who just retired)

On the surface it looks like the Rodgers/Hill side easily but Aaron is 37 with another expected 1.32 years while Tua will be 23 with another 11.26 expected years (Given that he actually remains a starter, which is a big given.)

Hill will be 27 with another 4.22 expected years vs. the 1.03 (Looking like team receiving that pick will be going RB) which would have an expected 6/7 years remaining (Also assuming that pick sticks.)

Short term is 100% on the Rodgers/Hill side and long term could be too if Tua and/or 1.03 bust. But, if Tua and 1.03 hit, I'd figure that side wins pretty easily long term.

Just looking at both sides as I thought it was an interesting trade. Personally I'd side with the "Bird in the hand" Rodgers/Hill side but just wondering what others think.
So Rodgers/Hill for Tua/someone that hopes to be anywhere near Hill.  Team B in a landslide. 

I'm just throwing out the hypothetical that Rodgers has lets say a year or two left and Tua hits and is a top 10 QB for the next decade. It;s a standard league which knocks Hill's value some and 1.03 is Eteine or J.Williams who becomes a productive starter at RB for 5-6 years. If the team acquiring Rodgers/Hill is not in win now mode it's not as cut and dry.

I'm just throwing out the hypothetical that Rodgers has lets say a year or two left and Tua hits and is a top 10 QB for the next decade. It;s a standard league which knocks Hill's value some and 1.03 is Eteine or J.Williams who becomes a productive starter at RB for 5-6 years. If the team acquiring Rodgers/Hill is not in win now mode it's not as cut and dry.
You could be right, but that’s a lot of ifs. 

Just a shout out that today I saw that there is a $250 team in one of my SF FFPC leagues for sale right now and that there is a high bid of $800. I just won the ship in this one and this new owner is going to have to win the whole thing to profit here. The team is good and a contender but not great.

I saw a $750 team today that has set the "buy now" price at $12,000 and right now there is a high bid of $4,000. I saw another that was a $1250 team with a current high bid of $5,000. 1st place in the $750 is $3750 (and possibly another ~$600 by finishing as the 1 or 2 seed). It would require winning the league to break even basically. These teams *are* in fact t-i-t-s but dang. I think that is just stupid. I paid full price for one orphan this year and I think it is just as stacked as these ones. 
Huh.  Interesting.  I have several FFPC squads that are really loaded and while on the one hand it would suck to move on from something built up and clicking, I do really love startup drafts and have been looking for a way to get into more without bringing the league count up too high.

This is Rodgers/Hill in an utter landslide for me.

Non-ppr just increases things even more as Tyreek is perfect for that format given his biggest weakness is total receptions and his strength is TDs.  He was WR2 in that format this year with an absolute CHASM between him and WR3.  We're talking Adams 17ppg, Tyreek 16ppg, and no other WR in the league over 12.6ppg.

At 1.03 in non-ppr Etienne/Harris will likely be gone which will leave you with Chase/Smith who even at their absolute upside will probably never score at Tyreek's level given the format since even hitting on a stud WR in that format leaves them well short of Tyreek type scoring.  It just doesn't happen in that format.  Heck in the last 3 years no one has even approached Tyreek's 16ppg.  The only person to even come close was Tyreek himself in 2018.

Huh.  Interesting.  I have several FFPC squads that are really loaded and while on the one hand it would suck to move on from something built up and clicking, I do really love startup drafts and have been looking for a way to get into more without bringing the league count up too high.
Yea I have to say I am curious to see what some of my teams would go for, but I don't think I can give up a true dominant squad without a more compelling reason than a marginal short term profit.

But pivoting to do a startup makes sense. I foresee giving myself 2 to 3 years to turn these bad orphans of mine into dominant teams and most of my orphans are in strong win now form already. I can see flipping those for startups eventually. And the idea would be to leave them in better shape than I found them.

FFPC Superflex (this is a $250 orphan I bought for $29):

I gave Gaskin, 2022 2nd
I got Slayton, Harris, 3.05, 3.07

I have room to take another player here and this is a project that *could* win this year but I need to make these kinds of moves and churn.

Why on Earth would anyone pay these prices (5x the buy in) for someone else’s team? I can’t wrap my head around this, especially with something like fantasy football where nothing is a sure thing.

Sounds a little like one of the old Misfits leagues where RB’s were hoarded like crazy. Still too light for Tyreek IMO, while in non-ppr even top WR aren’t worth much, Tyreek should take at least a top 2 pick plus a sweetener. He’s paired up with Mahomes and likely looking at possible 3 or 4 more years of top 3 WR finishes. He’d be WR1 overall for me so I would need the top pick or more likely an existing solid RB for him. No guarantee all 3 of the top RB prospects end up in good situations or drafted as high as we think so trading for that pick now has some extra downside.

1.07 for Kyler Murray

12 team ppr, 1 QB
This seems like a very light deal for a QB that young but depends on what else you have at QB.  1st rounders for QBs are hard to come by in 1 QB leagues.  No way I take that if I'm a Murray owner right now but that could change after pro-days.  Just don't see the benefit of doing this so early.

Oh, I agree that he’s a very good QB, with room to grow (no pun intended) but like you I get a bit taken aback when I see him in the huddle. When you see a pass rush you almost get afraid for him as if he was a boy. He is very good at avoiding the rush and knowing when to slide. I’m rooting for him just because he’s so different - even Brees, Baker and Jackson never seemed that small out there.
I'd agree with you if we were in the early 2000s, 90s, or earlier.  You can't touch a QB high, you can't tough them low, you can't land on them, you can't brush up against them it seems.  He won't take the hits that will cost him his career.  He does seem small in the huddle but he is also a better passer than Lamar or others already.  He finished top 5 with being banged up (of course he will still take some hits) and that is the only reason he was kept in the pocket.  Not because of teams magically figuring him out.  Not saying he is untradable but no way I trade him for a maybe at #7 unless I had another good QB option.

Exactly. It's the very reasons that explain away his lowered output that are the reasons I'd take about ten other guys before him.

It's not that he's not elite. I just think he comes with a lot more risk than several other guys.
I totally get the concern but no way I'd want Lawrence instead of him.  Or A-Rod (due to age).  Or Burrow really personally but can see the argument.  Not sure why Trevor is so loved.  Yes he is an incredible talent and should be good in the NFL but he is still an unknown, Ryan Leaf or RG3 were incredible talents too, and he is going to Jax who ruins QBs.  Just a terrible organization, that just hired a horrible choice at coach, that can't even hire a strength coach properly.  Terrible situation.  No thank you as a QB1 or to swap Murray for in a good situation that you have already seen him perform.

This is easily the A-Rod/Cheetah side for sure as Tua hasn't shown anything really and 1.3 has bust potential.  I don't have a problem with a move like this for a team looking to rebuild but they should have definitely been able to get more for those 2 players.

This is easily the A-Rod/Cheetah side for sure as Tua hasn't shown anything really and 1.3 has bust potential.  I don't have a problem with a move like this for a team looking to rebuild but they should have definitely been able to get more for those 2 players.
I think they should have been able to get two firsts for Hill. That's about his going rate. I mean, that trade isn't even close if you ask me.

I totally get the concern but no way I'd want Lawrence instead of him.  Or A-Rod (due to age).  Or Burrow really personally but can see the argument.  Not sure why Trevor is so loved.  Yes he is an incredible talent and should be good in the NFL but he is still an unknown, Ryan Leaf or RG3 were incredible talents too, and he is going to Jax who ruins QBs.  Just a terrible organization, that just hired a horrible choice at coach, that can't even hire a strength coach properly.  Terrible situation.  No thank you as a QB1 or to swap Murray for in a good situation that you have already seen him perform.
My personal statistical analysis (I call it the WAG method) says that Lawrence has less of a chance of busting than Murray does of having a career ending injury.

Neither is that Kelce one up top (a good trade). That's probably the worst trade I've seen posted here in quite some time.
That is terrible.  Last year before the trade deadline in week 10 I gave CEH, Justin Jefferson, Noah Fant, my 2nd, my 3rd, and Ahmed for Josh Jacobs and Kelce.  Kelce is worth a ton more than that.  I have someone offering me 2 future 1sts, 3.2, and a future 2nd for Kelce right now.

Yea I have to say I am curious to see what some of my teams would go for, but I don't think I can give up a true dominant squad without a more compelling reason than a marginal short term profit.

But pivoting to do a startup makes sense. I foresee giving myself 2 to 3 years to turn these bad orphans of mine into dominant teams and most of my orphans are in strong win now form already. I can see flipping those for startups eventually. And the idea would be to leave them in better shape than I found them.
NM, I will PM u instead so as not to go off topic with the DD auction stuff.

If I were worried about QB injuries Josh Allen would be the standout #1 on my list.  Yes he's big but he runs like freaking Marshawn Lynch out there and takes some utterly massive hits on a reasonably regular basis.  He reminds me a ton of Cam Newton and we saw how fast things can go south with that running style.

Realistically there's probably not a top 10 QB in the league right now short of Russell Wilson that I would necessarily worry about getting hurt a significant amount less than Murray.  Rodgers has a pretty bad injury history for a QB.  Burrow and Dak both are already coming off of major injuries.  Mahomes doesn't run as much but he runs around a LOT behind the line of scrimmage and takes some really awkward tackles when getting sacked.  Gets his legs/knees twisted up all the time and he's shown that while a bum wheel would affect him less than a running QB it still does affect him a lot.

12tm SF TE Prem IDP Devy

Deshaun Watson, 22 4th

For

Justin Fields, 2.11, 3.10

Any pick can be rookie, devy, or IDP. League has been going for a few years so 20-30 devy, maybe a few more owned already.

I can't format this very good on my phone but each of these pairs is from a different league

FFPC regular

I gave Hunt, 4.07

I got 1.11, 2022 2nd

I gave 2022 4th

I got Henderson

FFPC superflex

I gave Jonnu Smith

I got 2022 2nd, 4.03

I gave 2022 4th

I got Trautman

I gave 3.01, 2022 2nd

I got Winston

Not involved SF:

Team A gave Adams, 4.10, 2022 7th (yep)

Team B gave Mixon, Landry, 2022 2nd

I would take the Adams side but I don't think it is terrible.

I can't format this very good on my phone but each of these pairs is from a different league

FFPC regular

I gave Hunt, 4.07

I got 1.11, 2022 2nd

I gave 2022 4th

I got Henderson

FFPC superflex

I gave Jonnu Smith

I got 2022 2nd, 4.03

I gave 2022 4th

I got Trautman

I gave 3.01, 2022 2nd

I got Winston

Not involved SF:

Team A gave Adams, 4.10, 2022 7th (yep)

Team B gave Mixon, Landry, 2022 2nd

I would take the Adams side but I don't think it is terrible.
I like your side in all your deals.  I can see either side of the last one, but I'd probably take Adams.

I think it is low for Adams but not terribly low. If the Bengals can take a step forward Mixon can still be a stud. But this is not the deal that would pry Adams from me. At all. 

I took over a Zealots team and gave up the following for Adams:

Dobbins, Pittman, Bud Dupree, 2.11, and 2022 2nd and received Adams and Isaiah Simmons.  

I liked it from my side quite a bit.  
Not like you gave up nothing, though. Dobbins is a stud waiting to happen. Simmons is the kicker in that one. I loved that part of your deal.

FFPC regular

Gave: Reagor, Gaskin, 1.12

Got:  Mike Evans

Roster consolidation trade.  Gaskin was on my roster bubble.
Like it if you're tight on roster spots. 

It's going to be interesting to see what the Eagles and Fish do, if anything, to address those positions this off-season.   

12 team ppr (TE premium) SF

Team A gives 2021 2.03 rookie pick

Team B gives 2021 3.06 rookie pk, 3.07 rookie pick, 2022 3rd round rookie pick.

That is a very interesting trade...what were Team A's (the one getting Ekeler) RBs prior to it?
Taylor is only one of big time value, then Gordon and Edmonds. His only other two are Bell and Conner and they might be cuts.

The team who gave up Ekeler is down to Montgomery and ROJO as his only RB's worth anything.

I prefer Team A's side; the pick makes the difference for me.
Thanks for opinion, I think you mean you prefer the side getting the pick which would be Team B as Team A is the giver of pick 1.9.

I thought team A won easily myself. It's a bunch of roster cloggers and meh guys(and I own Gallup and Gabriel Davis in leagues) for a RB whose current ADP I believe is that of a late first round redraft pick and he's only 26 with little wear and tear. I'd also rate Samuel as third most valuable asset in the trade, after Ekeler and the 1.9.

You don't know what you get with the 1.9 but right now I only see one difference maker in this trade and it's Ekeler and in FFPC when you got a chance this time of year to shed some roster room and get a difference maker at RB who is not to old I think it's hard to beat in a non SF format.

Taylor is only one of big time value, then Gordon and Edmonds. His only other two are Bell and Conner and they might be cuts.

The team who gave up Ekeler is down to Montgomery and ROJO as his only RB's worth anything.

Thanks for opinion, I think you mean you prefer the side getting the pick which would be Team B as Team A is the giver of pick 1.9.

I thought team A won easily myself. It's a bunch of roster cloggers and meh guys(and I own Gallup and Gabriel Davis in leagues) for a RB whose current ADP I believe is that of a late first round redraft pick and he's only 26 with little wear and tear. I'd also rate Samuel as third most valuable asset in the trade, after Ekeler and the 1.9.

You don't know what you get with the 1.9 but right now I only see one difference maker in this trade and it's Ekeler and in FFPC when you got a chance this time of year to shed some roster room and get a difference maker at RB who is not to old I think it's hard to beat in a non SF format.
Yup...you nailed it.

menobrown said:
FFPC, in the league but not involved:

Team A gave: 1.9,  Tonyan, Gallup, and Gabriel Davis

Team B gave: Ekeler and Curtis Samuel
This strikes me as a free Tonyan and Gallup. The roster space is something worth while for sure, Samuel himself would be hard to hold, but value wise this is lopsided. It makes way more sense if Team A has no RB's and is tight on roster spots. 

FFPC

I traded: Adam Thielen and Kenyan Drake

I got: DJ Chark, 2022 3rd

I was the reigning runner up in this league, my team is quite old so figured getting a bit younger with upside is the way to go. I'm not a huge Chark fan but this at least free's up a spot. I view Drake as pretty useless for any team. Backup for the rest of his career. Value is probably not on my side.

FFPC

I was the reigning runner up in this league, my team is quite old so figured getting a bit younger with upside is the way to go. I'm not a huge Chark fan but this at least free's up a spot. I view Drake as pretty useless for any team. Backup for the rest of his career. Value is probably not on my side.
Drake might go back to Arizona to start at a reduced rate compared to his 8.5 million dollar deal on the transition tag this year. He's negotiating against himself there, because Chase Edmonds, despite insistence to the contrary, isn't a full-time guy by build and Eno Benjamin and Jonathan Ward are seventh round and UDFA guys, respectively. All you have to do is look at Edmonds' usage when Drake was out and how AZ hustled Drake back to see the writing on the wall. Drake might not be so useless for any team considering that. Unless AZ drafts a guy. There's always that, and if they do, Drake is not long for AZ as anything but a backup or change of pace guy. And then he's useless.

Thielen's days are certainly done as a number one in MN. He was completely touchdown-dependent this year, though red zone looks to receivers year-to-year are statistically positively correlated. Chark may just be ascendant given Lawrence and with the provision they don't add another top-flight receiver. Lots of moving parts in this deal will determine how it turns out for you. Consolidation for you seems really important in FFPC. You didn't do too too badly, in my estimation, and you certainly got younger and more consolidated. If those were your goals, then okay. Cool.

FFPC

Chark’s a big-time buy for me right now. I like this for you. 

Users who are viewing this thread