What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (35 Viewers)

12 team, PPR, 6 per TD, QRRWWWTFKD - Deep Benches

Demarco Murray, 1.6, Jalen Strong,  3.11, 4th in 2017

Gio Benard, Devante Parker, 2.3,  2017 1st

12 team PPR (neither mine)

DeMarco Murray, 2017 2nd, 3.6, 2017 4th

for

2.2 OTC (took Drake)

then

2017 1st, 3.11

for

2017 2nd, 2.4 (took Michael Thomas NOS)

Was shocked the 2.2 trade wasn't for Thomas given he dropped. The fact that Thomas was still there drove up the price for sure.

I would rather have gio than Murray, and I haven't seen parker go for much less than 1.6 in most leagues. 

2.3 for Murray would be reasonable,  especially while it's otc, and a 2017 first for 1.6 isn't bad.

If you gave two murrays and two 1.6s it would be a pretty even trade.   

for

2.2 OTC (took Drake)

then

2017 1st, 3.11

for

Was shocked the 2.2 trade wasn't for Thomas given he dropped. The fact that Thomas was still there drove up the price for sure.
I'm going to get angrier when I hear which other running backs were on the board besides drake,  aren't i.

I'm going to get angrier when I hear which other running backs were on the board besides drake,  aren't i.
Prosise went 2.3, Howard is still there too. Actually I shouldn't speak too soon I know the guy with 2.4 likes Howard a lot. Maybe he will eschew Thomas as well.

You should be working the phones for 2.5 now.  You might be able to swap 2.5 plus trash for 2.4 if he's actually deliberating right now. 

for

2.2 OTC (took Drake)

then

2017 1st, 3.11

for

dems ugly

Zealots Field (non-PPR)

Traded:

Brandin Cooks

Received:

Jared Goff

2016 4.12 pick

2017 2nd round rookie pick (should be at the top of the round)

Needed to do this as, due to retirement of Peyton Manning, my startable QBs were Brady/Garoppalo.

My WRs now are Dez, Cobb, AJ Green, Hopkins, Julio and Treadwell, so I felt I could sacrifice Cooks.

I made two trades during our draft last night.  Superflex.

Goff slid to 2.3.

I offered for the pick and got countered with Dion Lewis for the 2.3

i accepted, took Goff and was later offered Yeldon for Goff straight up. 

I acdepted.  So two moves transformed Dion Lewis into TJ Yeldon.  
In Superflex, I view these players as follows:

• If team is strong at QB: Lewis > Goff > Yeldon
  • If team is weak at QB: Goff > Lewis > Yeldon
:shrug:

Last edited by a moderator:
12 team PPR, start 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1K, 1D, 2F

Two trades today:

• Trade 1

Team A gave up:

Cooper, Amari OAK WR

[*]Team B gave up:

• Year 2016 Draft Pick 1.02
  • Year 2016 Draft Pick 2.02
  • Year 2016 Draft Pick 2.03
  • Year 2016 Draft Pick 2.04

[*]Trade 2

• Team C gave up:

Michael, Christine SEA RB
  • Rawls, Thomas SEA RB

[*]Team D (my team) gave up:

• Mathews, Ryan PHI RB
  • Tate, Golden DET WR

12 team PPR, start 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1K, 1D, 2F

Two trades today:

• Trade 1

Team A gave up:

Cooper, Amari OAK WR

[*]Team B gave up:

• Year 2016 Draft Pick 1.02
  • Year 2016 Draft Pick 2.02
  • Year 2016 Draft Pick 2.03
  • Year 2016 Draft Pick 2.04

[*]Trade 2

• Team C gave up:

Michael, Christine SEA RB
  • Rawls, Thomas SEA RB

[*]Team D (my team) gave up:

• Mathews, Ryan PHI RB
  • Tate, Golden DET WR
Cooper by a lot

Tate side for me

Zealots Field (non-PPR)

Traded:

Brandin Cooks

Received:

Jared Goff

2016 4.12 pick

Needed to do this as, due to retirement of Peyton Manning, my startable QBs were Brady/Garoppalo.

My WRs now are Dez, Cobb, AJ Green, Hopkins, Julio and Treadwell, so I felt I could sacrifice Cooks.
Is Zealots super flex?

12 team 30 roster PPR

Gave:

Devin Funchess

Got:

Notes:

Before people start screaming I gave him away or that he is really worth a late 1st or early 2nd. OK, but this was the best deal I could get.

From my Dynasty 101 class:

A player is only worth what someone in your league is willing to pay.

I am in desperate need to add a RB in that league (even if it was only the best rookie that was still available) and there was a run on RBs in the 2nd that I missed out on.

Starting with the 2.08 pick (while they were on the clock) I offered Funchess straight up for every pick. The 3.08 was the only owner who accepted. Most didn't even both to reject the offer or acknowledge they even received it, just ignored it and picked.

Funchess was expendable because I also have Nuk, Jeffery, Landry, Tate, Hurns, plus added rookies Doctson, Shepard and Boyd. I also got Agholor and Smelter waiting in the wings.

Zealots Field (non-PPR)

Traded:

Brandin Cooks

Received:

Jared Goff

2016 4.12 pick

Ouch

16t PPR: QRRWWTFKDDD 14x max Contract League, $400 Salary Cap

Team A gave up: 1.08, 1.10, 1.11, Keenan Allen $21

Team B gave up: 2017 1st, DeAndre Hopkins $26

After all that it will seem anti-climatic.  It was Daniel Lasko :bag:   But he was my target from 3.04 on, so I don't feel that bad.
Oof.  Do you get points based on the number of RBs you have on your roster?  Because that's the only RB "need" that Daniel Lasco is filling.

You've taken a good approach to it but I don't think I would have fessed up to this trade :P .  Why were you even targeting a draft pick at that point.  Just trade him for a player that will at least see the field if you're intent on giving Funchess away for nothing.

After all that it will seem anti-climatic.  It was Daniel Lasko :bag:   But he was my target from 3.04 on, so I don't feel that bad.
Appreciate the candidness and context but still can't get behind this one. Especially given the Lasco pick. If this was an OTC type pick and you got a guy who fell I'd understand but this was selling low on Funchess and reaching for Lasco. Not my style. To each there own.

Another one:

Team A gave up: 1.05, Vernon Davis, 2018 1st

Team B gave up: 2017 1st (certainly early), 2018 1st
I wonder if both owners came away expecting they were moving up in the 2018 as part of this deal?

Cant recall ever seeing a deal of future picks from the same round like that.

Another one:

Team A gave up: 1.05, Vernon Davis, 2018 1st

Team B gave up: 2017 1st (certainly early), 2018 1st
Hmm 2017 1st is worth the 1.5 and an old free agent te that sold off his future contracts to investors, making it not really worth the effort to play anymore? I like being able to trade picks that far out but I don't like trades like this. Vernon Davis. Someone got value for Vernon Davis. I'm still shaking my head.

12 team 30 roster PPR

Gave:

Devin Funchess

Got:

Notes:

Before people start screaming I gave him away or that he is really worth a late 1st or early 2nd. OK, but this was the best deal I could get.

I am in desperate need to add a RB in that league (even if it was only the best rookie that was still available) and there was a run on RBs in the 2nd that I missed out on.

Starting with the 2.08 pick (while they were on the clock) I offered Funchess straight up for every pick. The 3.08 was the only owner who accepted. Most didn't even both to reject the offer or acknowledge they even received it, just ignored it and picked.

Funchess was expendable because I also have Nuk, Jeffery, Landry, Tate, Hurns, plus added rookies Doctson, Shepard and Boyd. I also got Agholor and Smelter waiting in the wings.
This thinking is usually applied when talking about someone possibly over paying, never really see it used for under paying/selling

I particularly like the part where in the same sentence you say you need an RB, but then also say that most of them are gone now, lol

You know its a bad deal when there is a whole paragraph justifying it.

How does that help your desperate need for a RB? I think you would have been better off trading Funchess in season (after a nice game) for an underperforming RB. Lasco may not even see the field much this season behind Ingram, Spiller and Hightower.

You need a new professor. This is not economics and you are not selling a product. In economics, sure, this is true. But the difference is that you have the choice to hang on to your asset in FF. In the "real" world selling products, you don't have that option. So if you think your guy is more valuable than the offers, don't take the offer. You don't HAVE to sell.

Funchess isn't worthless, but what value does he really have?  He wasn't exactly an elite prospect,  Benjamin is coming back,  Ginn emerged as a legit threat, olsen is a stud,  and they're a fairly run heavy team to begin with.  

I get that some of you guys think he's worth more and I don't blame you if you own him and think you could get more for him, but to me he's worth a late second at best - and during the draft it's going to be hard to get that.   Personally, I have zero interest in the guy, so i wouldn't even give that late second for him.  And while lasco isn't exactly the kind of guy I'd target if I needed a running back, funchess isn't exactly the bait I'd be trading if i was looking for a starter.  

I don't think lasco solves anyone's rb problems, but if I'm strong at receiver,  I'm fine getting a bunch of young backup rbs and hoping one of them gets a chance during the season.  Seems like some of you guys are still overvaluing funchess.

I pursued Funchess unsuccessfully this offseason. I think hes a buy low right now, if I could get him for a 3rd id be pretty happy.

I think Ginn is gonna find his way out of the starting roster.

Why make this move then? On paper seems like dramatic undersell regardless of your depth. Are these 16 team leagues? Is this typical value one can get in league like this?
As I'd stated, I was down to 1 startable QB (Brady/Garoppolo).  People knew I was over a barrel and treated me accordingly.

Users who are viewing this thread