What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (21 Viewers)

It’s so hard to discuss these in hypotheticals since we don’t know what the motivation of the teams involved are, too. Is it a rebuild, a retool, a team with 6 RB looking for a QB of the future, a ready to win team that needs a QB2 now - any/all of those factors can impact what someone is willing to pay to make the move.
yeah these deals don't exist inside an academic model or a vacuum. that truth gets lost too easily.

FFPC 1QB not involved

Team A gave Mixon, 1.11
Team B gage A Jones, 2.05

I might take the Mixon side there. I'm paranoid about his foot though.

FFPC 1QB not involved

Team A gave Mixon, 1.11
Team B gage A Jones, 2.05

I might take the Mixon side there. I'm paranoid about his foot though.
I like Mixon and I’ve defended him several times before, despite never owning him in dynasty. I do, however, own Aaron Jones, and I would not make this swap in my league. So I have to roll with the AJ side. 

Here is a good lesson in fantasy relations. You could have responded with something snarky because 2.09/future 2 is a pretty bad offer, and that may have put the guy off. Sometimes a bad starting offer is simply that and keeping that door open is always a good idea. Even if someone bombards you with stupid offers year after year they’re bound to send something stupid you actually like.
I agree with this. Usually counter-offers don't work because the trade has to be one they have come up with. I have responded to bad trade offers with a counter and they usually just sit there with no response until they time out or I rescind them.

I would take Mixon over Aaron Jones straight up so for sure with the pick bump.
I don't get this take.  Mixon has had 2 1000+ yards in 4 seasons, averaging 4.1 and 4.9 respectively.  He did catch 35 and 43 passes in those two years.  Last year was a bust with 3.6, but will throw that year out the with him only playing in 6 games and with COVID.  Jones has a better track record running the ball (similar yards, better average 5.2 to 4.1, and TDs 37 to 20), similar reception numbers, but with Jones slightly better.  However, Jones is a year and half older, so I can see the attraction there for Mixon.  Mixon will be 25 in July and Jones will be 27 in December. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't get this take.  Mixon has had 2 1000+ yards in 4 seasons, averaging 4.1 and 4.9 respectively.  He did catch 35 and 43 passes in those two years.  Last year was a bust with 3.6, but will throw that year out the with him only playing in 6 games and with COVID.  Jones has a better track record running the ball (similar yards, better average 5.2 to 4.1, and TDs 37 to 20, similar reception numbers, but with Jones slightly better.  However, Jones is a year and half older, so I can see the attraction there for Mixon.  Mixon will be 25 in July and Jones will be 27 in December. 
I don't pay for what you did, I pay for what I think you'll do.

Jones is older, Dillon's going to impact him and arrow is pointing up in Cincy after they improve the OL and Burrow goes into year two.

Jones is older, Dillon's going to impact him and arrow is pointing up in Cincy after they improve the OL and Burrow goes into year two.
Ok, I can see that, but I don't think Jones will slow down for another two seasons.   Plus, how is Mixon's foot injury coming along?  I always worry about foot injuries to RBs.  I don't think Dillon is going to impact Jones anymore than he did last season.  Did the Bengals improve their OL?  I haven't watched their FA signings.  Who's to say they will in the draft?  There is talk about Sewell, but they may go Chase.

I don't think AJ Dillon is going to impact Aaron Jones any more than J Williams did. In fact, I would argue he will have less of an impact.

Ok, I can see that, but I don't think Jones will slow down for another two seasons.   Plus, how is Mixon's foot injury coming along?  I always worry about foot injuries to RBs.  I don't think Dillon is going to impact Jones anymore than he did last season.

I don't think AJ Dillon is going to impact Aaron Jones any more than J Williams did. In fact, I would argue he will have less of an impact.

I think Jones should be good another two seasons as well, basically Kamara lite is how I see him. But I will back up my previous comment that I do in fact think Dillon's going to eat into his workload and production more then Jamaal Williams has in the last two seasons and a lot more.

I truly don't care about the foot injury, it's not like it even required surgery.

I'd probably rank them even if they were the same age,  the 1.5 years is a small thing but it's enough to push Mixon over him a little for me.

I did one last month he went 1.04 (I think that is a little early) right after Mahomes, Murray and Allen. 4 more QBs came off right after him before CMC at 1.09. In FFPC. His ADP though is 1.08 but that includes Watson who will undoubtedly fall pretty far.
Well I just saw Watson go at 1.09 in an FFPC SF startup this morning so nevermind on that. Plus this just happened:

Team A gave Watson
Team B gave 1.03, 2022 2nd

Plenty of people that aren't scared off it would seem.

Yep. Even if he steals more carries/red zone looks, he’s not nearly the pass catcher that Williams was, so that should net more targets and receptions for Jones. 

Well I just saw Watson go at 1.09 in an FFPC SF startup this morning so nevermind on that. Plus this just happened:

Team A gave Watson
Team B gave 1.03, 2022 2nd

Plenty of people that aren't scared off it would seem.
:shock:

siri, how do I start my league in the worst possible way, and what’s the most I could possibly pay for the riskiest asset? 

:ding: ::see above::

I’m inclined to agree. If anything it might keep AJ fresh.

The deciding factors on impact will be how Dillon is used as a receiver & at the stripe. If he starts eating into the GL touches & receptions, obviously that’s bad for AJ’s value. 

Couple of big ones in a few of my leagues today, both of these are 1-2-3-1-flex, PPR, 12 team:

Michael Thomas + 1.05 + Aaron Rodgers

for

CeeDee Lamb + 1.08 + Kirk Cousins

Antonio Gibson + Michael Pittman

for

George Kittle + Chris Carson

Couple of big ones in a few of my leagues today, both of these are 1-2-3-1-flex, PPR, 12 team:

for

for

Followed up by two unrelated teams to the first two:

Watson + Fournette + Gerald Everett

for

Dak + Hunt + 4.02 + 4.05

Followed up by two unrelated teams to the first two:

Watson + Fournette + Gerald Everett

for

Dak + Hunt + 4.02 + 4.05
If Watson only gets a few games, the Watson side is gonna look pretty awesome for this deal. 

if Watson is out longer / faces criminal charges, team Dak/Hunt gonna be super happy. 

Unpossible to know at the moment. 

for

completely depends on what direction each of these teams is headed. If team Thomas / ARod / 1.05 is built to win now and then rebuild, I love this deal for them. 

Tough call though. Gotta see how Jamies the saint is. And don’t know how many years ARod has left. 

for

Kittle/Carson for me & it’s not close. 

How much would you leverage your future to win it all now?

I have very little draft capital this year (3.12), I have no 1-2 next year, & 2023 I have all 5 picks.

I also have a win-now roster that lacks depth. Mahomes/Carr/DJones, Carson/RoJo/(scrubs), ARob/Hopkins/Evans/Fuller/Samuel/(scrubs), EEngram/Gronk/Uzomah

Team Watson/Jacobs has a lot of nice pieces, but it’s SF & Brady is his only other QB. He made the playoffs in 2020 so he’s picking 8th. We were chatting & he was talking about a possible fire sale/rebuild, and I’m tempted to sell the farm for a couple of assets, try to win it in 2021-2022 then blow it up for a future rebuild. 

If you had my team, would you be willing to pay a 2021 3rd, 2022 3/4, & 2023 1/2/3/4 + Samuel & for CEH/Metcalf? Or CEH/Tee Higgins? Or Jacobs/Metcalf? Or Jacobs/Higgins? Or any one of those players even? 

Or is it crazy to leverage that much of my future for any of those combos?

Or would I be better off standing Pat, trying to win this year and blowing it up next year by selling my top 3 WRs for 2023 picks, tanking 2022 & going for a major rebuild? 

You’re GM of my team for the next 10 mins. What do you do?  

How much would you leverage your future to win it all now?

I have very little draft capital this year (3.12), I have no 1-2 next year, & 2023 I have all 5 picks.

I also have a win-now roster that lacks depth. Mahomes/Carr/DJones, Carson/RoJo/(scrubs), ARob/Hopkins/Evans/Fuller/Samuel/(scrubs), EEngram/Gronk/Uzomah

Team Watson/Jacobs has a lot of nice pieces, but it’s SF & Brady is his only other QB. He made the playoffs in 2020 so he’s picking 8th. We were chatting & he was talking about a possible fire sale/rebuild, and I’m tempted to sell the farm for a couple of assets, try to win it in 2021-2022 then blow it up for a future rebuild. 

If you had my team, would you be willing to pay a 2021 3rd, 2022 3/4, & 2023 1/2/3/4 + Samuel & for CEH/Metcalf? Or CEH/Tee Higgins? Or Jacobs/Metcalf? Or Jacobs/Higgins?

Or is it crazy to leverage that much of my future for any of those combos?

Or would I be better off standing Pat, trying to win this year and blowing it up next year by selling my top 3 WRs for 2023 picks, tanking 2022 & going for a major rebuild? 

You’re GM of my team for the next 10 mins. What do you do?  
Why would anyone give those players for those picks?

Why would anyone give those players for those picks?
Just spitballing. Maybe I go all in on CEH or Tee. Or Jacobs, who he’s suddenly super down on but would help my team a lot. I’d think that package might have him at least considering it. 

Dude isn’t winning anything this year or likely next. His team has had a string of horrible luck. :shrug:  

Maybe it’s a dumb idea...I know he covets draft picks more than most. 

Was going to say the same thing but then I thought it's also not right that Mahomes might not buy you a top 5 rookie pick in some standard leagues.

Wish a middle ground existed.
A middle ground probably could easily exist.  Add more points to the QB scoring to magnify the importance in 1 QB leagues. 

Buying players for my orphans:

FFPC SF:

I gave 2022 2nd, 4.02
I got Ronald Jones, Minshew

FFPC SF different league:

I gave 3.12, 2022 3rd
I got Ertz

FFPC SF:

I gave 2022 2nd, two 2022 3rds
I got Gabriel Davis, Fuller

FFPC 1QB:

I gave 1.09, 2.04, 2022 1st (late but not mine), Corey Davis, Henderson
I got Diggs, A Brown, 3.12

This is a reminder of why I don’t play super flex. Hurts for Kelce shouldn’t be on the table no matter the format.
He shouldn’t be in superflex either, it’s just a great deal for the guy trading hurts. 

There’s only a few guys who even have the potential to score at te like Kelce does year after year. It’s a scarce position and he’s basically like a wr1 scorer there. Even the other guys who might score close to kelce- Waller and kittle- are way way less valuable. Having a middling qb in your flex spot isn’t worth giving the points at te, you’re losing ground. Add to that the fact that hurts still has a terrible Oline and terrible wrs, there isn’t really even some massive upside there. 

Won my 12 team PPR dynasty league last year but never like to sit idle. Just made this trade. 

Gave: Zeke, Jacobs, 1.12, 3.12 picks 
Got: Akers, McLaurin, 2.4 pick 

Thoughts? I realize Zeke and Jacobs COULD bounce back, but felt I moved 2 declining assets for 2 rising young stars. 

I see it as paying 5 quarters for a dollar. Worth it. Team is loaded and I had a lot of capital. Still have my future 1st, 2.01. Now I stack Jefferson, Diggs, Juju, Pittman with Dobbins, Gibson and Robinson. Mahomes and Kittle. It's my best single QB FFPC team and IMO it just got a lot better. A couple different calculators back it up as basically 5 quarters for a dollar. And although I like Corey Davis I think they are grading him higher than what he can get on the market in most places. Other guy's team was wasting Diggs so he got a haul and can make other moves now. Henderson and Davis were roster cloggers for me in FFPC. And although this deal was 2 players for 2 players, Brown isn't going to last my roster past this season so in a sense it is like a down payment on a roster spot later. Anyway I was drunk and I want to see Diggs getting 11/120/2 in *my* lineup.

I see it as paying 5 quarters for a dollar. Worth it. Team is loaded and I had a lot of capital. Still have my future 1st, 2.01. Now I stack Jefferson, Diggs, Juju, Pittman with Dobbins, Gibson and Robinson. Mahomes and Kittle. It's my best single QB FFPC team and IMO it just got a lot better. A couple different calculators back it up as basically 5 quarters for a dollar. And although I like Corey Davis I think they are grading him higher than what he can get on the market in most places. Other guy's team was wasting Diggs so he got a haul and can make other moves now. Henderson and Davis were roster cloggers for me in FFPC. And although this deal was 2 players for 2 players, Brown isn't going to last my roster past this season so in a sense it is like a down payment on a roster spot later. Anyway I was drunk and I want to see Diggs getting 11/120/2 in *my* lineup.
I read that as AJ Brown.  Oops.

The first trade was silly to get davis and fuller so cheap.

The end deal seems good to get diggs

FFPC SF:

FFPC 1QB:

Both are heavily slanted in your favor IMO. Especially the first and I don’t like Fuller and feel he’s worth a 2nd at best.

FFPC SF:

FFPC 1QB:

On the first trade I'm 100% not trying to be a contrarian as I know some have aid they see it as lopsided but I see it as equitable in a vacuum due to how precious roster space must be right now in SF, not liking Fuller with Tua.

The second trade also seems equitable though I'd probably take the picks side but that's based in part on prior trades I've done coloring my opinion.

And your new avatar is tripping me up.

Won my 12 team PPR dynasty league last year but never like to sit idle. Just made this trade. 

Thoughts? I realize Zeke and Jacobs COULD bounce back, but felt I moved 2 declining assets for 2 rising young stars. 
I can see the argument on both sides here.  I like Scary Terry a lot this year but when Fitzmagic is gone, his value could drop.  I think I would have leaned towards the Zeke/Jacobs side before they signed Drake/Riddick but now the Akers side probably is better but I think Zeke has a bigger year this year personally.  I have no problem with either side.

On the first trade I'm 100% not trying to be a contrarian as I know some have aid they see it as lopsided but I see it as equitable in a vacuum due to how precious roster space must be right now in SF, not liking Fuller with Tua. I think it is equal as well but I do like Fuller a *little*. I think the FF community is being really weird about Tua. Everyone is already writing his death sentence but I think it is way premature. This was obviously a play for Davis though.

The second trade also seems equitable though I'd probably take the picks side but that's based in part on prior trades I've done coloring my opinion. If I had the other guys team I would have slammed this deal on the picks side. We sent maybe ~15 offers back and forth before we settled on this one. I managed to keep the best 3 pieces that were on the table (in terms of the pieces that were malleable) in my future 1st, the 2.01 and I kept Pittman instead of Corey Davis. On paper they're equal but I'm pretty big on Pittman. The original offer came from him as his A Brown for my 3.0x and it escalated from there. 

And your new avatar is tripping me up. That is my pops from the mid 70s, I think possibly shortly after I was born. He passed away 20 years ago yesterday so like I said I was drinking heavily and made a big play for Diggs. I should have shopped my capital around but it was really fun. The other guy is in a lot of leagues with me as well and we have done a lot of deals.

There is definitely some value on the Zeke/Jacobs/1.12 side but I actually really don't think it's super close. I don't get what the other person is seeing here. Needs a RB I have to assume. Akers has a (relatively easy) path to FF stratosphere this year and McLaurin is maybe in the same category.

I have a lot of faith in what Rivera is doing in Washington and I think they will find a QB for the future. McLaurin is so much better than most people realize and with Samuel there and a competent QB to go along with a formidable running game with an electric young RB, the sky is the limit for McLaurin in 2021 especially. 

You can get some good win now RB production out of Zeke and Jacobs though and 1.12 could be nice. But they'll never sell those two RBs again. 2.4 isn't necessarily much different from 1.12 either. Anyway I think it's a slam dunk for you.

barackdhouse said:
 I think the FF community is being really weird about Tua. Everyone is already writing his death sentence but I think it is way premature. This was obviously a play for Davis though.
I don't think it's just the fantasy community, a lot of people question Tua in real football though that question is not so much he's not any good, it's just a question of he is game manager type or elite. I'm personally not writing off Tua the football player,  or being good in fantasy, but when I found myself last year being bummed for Parker when Fitz got yanked I think it's appropriate to be concerned about going from Watson to Tua.

And yes I figured Davis was key target for you and it's a good price for both of them if I'm not looking at roster space.

My only holdup on the Diggs trade is everytime I've traded for an 27+ year old stud WR's it's gone a little to a lot wrong-even when the player worked out what I could have picked ends up trumping them. That's what I meant by it seemed equitable to me but my past trades color my opinion and made me lean picks.

And cool story on your pops,  nice way you have chose to honor him, very nice.

Another Edmonds deal.

Zealots Field PPR (not involved)

Team A traded Chase Edmonds and Derrick Henry

Team B traded Saquon Barkley

Team A now has Barkley, JK Dobbins, Alvin Kamara, Jox Mixon and others as his RBs

Team B now has Cam Akers, Edmonds and Henry as his RBs (just those 3)

Users who are viewing this thread