What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (20 Viewers)

I was looking at this exact trade. Now I have a frame of reference. I'm really hesitant without Big Ben in Pittsuburgh, though.
I think Claypool and Godwin are nearly the same receiver in terms of situation and production. Claypool is a couple years younger and I get the 2nd, which in SF is like a 1st-lite. 

Also, and this is important, neither Godwin or Claypool will crack my starting lineup in this league except in the case of injury and bye weeks. 

And Claypool absolutely has WR1 upside. I worry about the mouths to feed with Godwin and see his value on a major descent this year. I worry about the same mouths to feed problem with CC, though, but of all Pitt WRs who has the most TD upside? In Tampa?

I think it is a pretty fair player for player trade but I'm getting the 2nd. 

I agree with @Jonesin For Some Football that you are taking on a bit of risk that Claypool has top flight WR in him. Godwin has already done it, is a 2nd on top worth the risk? I personally don't think so. I also think it's selling a bit low on Godwin and buying high on Claypool.
I think it is selling high on Godwin and buying low on Claypool. I love him and I could be wrong but I am betting Godwin will never be top 5 again. Probably not top 10. Claypool might. 

This is my WR5 in a SF format where I can start only 3 WRs unless I bench my second QB. Then I can start 4. If I don't like my 3rd RB, which I just might. Long way of saying the risk you speak of is minimal, because even if it is realized it will likely be on my bench. 

The risk of Claypool becoming a bench clogger is less than the risk of Godwin doing so IMO. Neither is likely.

FFPC SF

I gave Adams, 2022 4th
I got Mixon, 2022 2nd

Need RBs pretty bad and am strong and deep at WR. Rodgers drama scares me.
I have Adams in a FFPC and would not do this deal even if Rodgers was traded. I guess we value Mixon different even with super flex making the 2nd little better

FFPC SF

I gave Adams, 2022 4th
I got Mixon, 2022 2nd

This seems like too much for Mixon. Mixon is valued highly in the FF cognoscenti community, but Adams is steep. Maybe I'll send out a flyer to the Adams owners in my leagues.

FFPC SF

I gave Adams, 2022 4th
I got Mixon, 2022 2nd

Fully understand the Rodgers fear but if he doesn't get dealt this will be one you will regret in a pretty big way...even if he does go I probably wouldn't do it as I am not a big Mixon guy...quality RB but he will be 25 in July and has never had more than 1,500 total yards or 10 total TDs in four seasons...I understand testing the waters on Adams but Mixon is not the guy I would do it for.

Jonesin For Some Football said:
I agree with preferring Akers but depending where that 1st & 2nd end up, they get like #1-2 overall, and Akers has a sophomore season like Sanders just did then this will be a home run for the Sanders side.  Especially if he bounces back.  I don't see an issue with the trade but could end up being a slight overpay and I think the Akers love has gone a little too far personally.  I know I may be in the minority.
Agree. I think it’s as at least an equal chance Sanders has the better career than Akers (seems like the better talent to me). Why not take the picks side? 

barackdhouse said:
FFPC SF

I gave Adams, 2022 4th
I got Mixon, 2022 2nd

Man, I own Mixon and would deal him in a heartbeat for Adams only because I have CMC, Henry, Chubb, Hunt, AJones, and MDavis

Last edited by a moderator:
Sermon even if my team was a contender. Good trade, legit surprised you could get that for Julio.
I was surprised as well. He was drafted at 1.08 two weeks ago and I don’t think I could have ever gotten the 1.08 for Julio on the clock. I think that 8 pick was after a tier break and maybe he wasn’t thrilled with Sermon after the fact. Not sure...

barackdhouse said:
I think it is selling high on Godwin and buying low on Claypool. I love him and I could be wrong but I am betting Godwin will never be top 5 again. Probably not top 10. Claypool might. 

This is my WR5 in a SF format where I can start only 3 WRs unless I bench my second QB. Then I can start 4. If I don't like my 3rd RB, which I just might. Long way of saying the risk you speak of is minimal, because even if it is realized it will likely be on my bench. 

The risk of Claypool becoming a bench clogger is less than the risk of Godwin doing so IMO. Neither is likely.
I wondered your WR depth, this makes sense

PPR Dynasty 12 teams, TE premium.

Team A:  Kamara, 2022 3rd (projected late, 21 pick was 12th)

Team B:  Jeudy, Gaskin, 2022 1st (projected playoff team, 21 pick was 9th)

PPR Dynasty 12 teams, TE premium.

Team A:  Kamara, 2022 3rd (projected late, 21 pick was 12th)

Team B:  Jeudy, Gaskin, 2022 1st (projected playoff team, 21 pick was 9th)
Kamara.  Always taking the dollar bill over the separate quarters.  The 22 third (to balance?) was pretty funny though

12 team ppr QB/2RB/3WR/TE/FL

Team A gave up 

• Reagor, Jalen PHI WR; 
  • Fant, Noah DEN TE;
  • Year 2021 Draft Pick 5.12
Team B gave up 

• White, James NEP RB; 
  • Johnson, Diontae PIT WR;
  • Year 2021 Draft Pick 4.11

Seperate trade, but in the same league

Gave:

Got:

Shenault
Funny, I did almost the opposite and traded Shenault to move from the bottom to the top of the second round to snag Waddle when he was falling.  Who was there at 2.02 that you passed on?

barackdhouse said:

I don’t really get this. I think the fact that Godwin missed 4 games last year is clouding his value a bit.  TB was not an ideal situation last year, yet Godwin put up 65-840-7, which would prorate out to 87-1120-9 over 16 games.  He averaged 15.9ppg last year, which was more than Evans, McLaurin, and Amari (QB woes noted).  He averaged just 1.2ppg less than Metcalf, who is everyone’s darling. Guess I just don’t see this inherent downside to Godwin.  He’s on a one year deal, one in which they paid him $15MM for, so he could very easily end up in a primo spot next year as a number 1 as well.  

(Also, I love Claypool more than most.  Just don’t get quite understand why people have soured on Godwin so much after a top 15 ppg finish ast year.)

I don’t really get this. I think the fact that Godwin missed 4 games last year is clouding his value a bit.  TB was not an ideal situation last year, yet Godwin put up 65-840-7, which would prorate out to 87-1120-9 over 16 games.  He averaged 15.9ppg last year, which was more than Evans, McLaurin, and Amari (QB woes noted).  He averaged just 1.2ppg less than Metcalf, who is everyone’s darling. Guess I just don’t see this inherent downside to Godwin.  He’s on a one year deal, one in which they paid him $15MM for, so he could very easily end up in a primo spot next year as a number 1 as well.  

(Also, I love Claypool more than most.  Just don’t get quite understand why people have soured on Godwin so much after a top 15 ppg finish ast year.)
I totally agree with you here.  I don't know that Godwin is ever the WR2 overall again but he is still a WR1 and would have been last year if he didn't miss time.  That was also with learning a new QB with no offseason.  Claypool is good but to say they are even (or even close to even) is misguided to say the least.

MTskibum said:
Gave:

1rst round 2022

2nd round 2022

Got:

DK Metcalf
I don't mind this trade from either side.  I know the DK lovers here probably will say that isn't enough for him but getting 1.02 along with another 1st, 2 2nds, and a 3rd for him seems about right.  Just hate seeing people make these trades for late 1sts but getting a top end talent and a pick next year that could be high too goes a long way. 

I love DK though so hard to give up on him and I live in the Pacific Northwest so he probably would be more expensive to try to get him in one of my leagues.

Not to split hairs but you are using week 17 which most people don't factor in and the numbers in bold would tell a slightly different story.  Both AB and Godwin kind of got their averages jumped up in week 17 when Mike Evans barely played. And if you are using the timeframe from when AB arrived and not using week 17 then Godwin checked in as an extremely low  end WR3.

I would not want to use the phrase soured on Godwin, but this is why people are not as high as they were heading into last year.

12 team ppr QB/2RB/3WR/TE/FL

Team A gave up 

• Reagor, Jalen PHI WR; 
  • Fant, Noah DEN TE;
  • Year 2021 Draft Pick 5.12
Team B gave up 

• White, James NEP RB; 
  • Johnson, Diontae PIT WR;
  • Year 2021 Draft Pick 4.11
I don't quite understand what Team B is doing here.  He's shuffling off a starting WR in a Start-3 WR league and isn't getting a starter back in return at that position.

Sure, he -hopes- Reagor becomes a productive starter, but unless there's some significant TE premium at play, I prefer Diontae.

Zealots, PPR, Full IDP

Gave up Ke'Shawn Vaughn 

Received 2022 4th rounder

I don't like Gio being in TB and I don't see Vaughn ever really being used.  

I don't quite understand what Team B is doing here.  He's shuffling off a starting WR in a Start-3 WR league and isn't getting a starter back in return at that position.

Sure, he -hopes- Reagor becomes a productive starter, but unless there's some significant TE premium at play, I prefer Diontae.
I agree with you here completely.  It doesn't move the needle much but they also got the pick upgrade here.  I like Diontae over Reagor by lightyears.  I guess I could see if they had absolutely not TE help at all as I like Fant.  This is fair enough but I'd say it is a definite overpay for Fant here.

HUGE trade in super flex

Jalen guyton for Tyrod Taylor :excited:

(Team getting TT has Watson and just drafted mills)
Glad to see Guyton getting some love, a couple weeks ago in one of my dynasty leagues I did the below trade.

Gave:

Received

Guyton

FWIW....  I am rostering Guyton .... until I have to decide on cuts in August..

But did this trade...  12 Team 0.5 PPR 1 QB /1-3 RB / 2-5 WR / 1-3 TE  (1.0 PPR TE)

I gave up 2022 2nd (guess mid-early)

I received JAX WR DJ Chark 

Last edited by a moderator:
Just went down in a Zealots Field superflex league I'm in.  (Not involved.)

for

1.06, 2.06, 2022 1st, 2022 2nd

At the point of the trade, the first 2 picks were off the board (Lawrence and Fields).

= = = = = 

To me, the team that traded the 1.03 was the clear winner.

The team that traded for the 1.03 took Trey Lance.

for

At the point of the trade, the first 2 picks were off the board (Lawrence and Fields).

= = = = = 

the team that got 1.03 must have really needed a QB and believes Lance is going to be awesome.

for

= = = = = 

If it wasn't for Lance I'd go with the picks, but I'm buying into the Shanny/Lance marriage.

Whoever drafted 1.02 is probably kicking himself.

Users who are viewing this thread