What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (25 Viewers)

12 Team PPR league. 

1.7, 2.2, 4.2 for 1.4

1.4 was Pitts 

1.7 was Javonte Williams

2.2 hasn’t happened yet.  
IMO this is a draft-board trade...if you have 4 studs on your board it's a great deal for the 1.4...if there are 7 guys you really like than I see what the other guy is doing although I would have liked something with a little more meat than the 4.2 as the other piece...this year (for me) I would rather have the 1.4.

12 TM Dyno with IDP—NO PPR- balanced scoring 1.5/.75 per tackle/asst

Team A: M Thomas

Team B: F Warner

start max 4 WR

team moving Thomas owns : J Jefferson/K Allen/T Mclaurin/ J Chase/C Davis/D Mooney/B Edwards/J Palmer

must start 4 LB

DeionJones/Nick Kwiatkoski/J Davis(Wash)/Rashaan Evans current starters 

NOTE: both players are projected to score 180 points in our scoring format

which begs the question: upgrade at LB and spread out the talent or keep the depth at WR- 

12 TM Dyno with IDP—NO PPR- balanced scoring 1.5/.75 per tackle/asst

Team A: M Thomas

Team B: F Warner

start max 4 WR

team moving Thomas owns : J Jefferson/K Allen/T Mclaurin/ J Chase/C Davis/D Mooney/B Edwards/J Palmer

must start 4 LB

DeionJones/Nick Kwiatkoski/J Davis(Wash)/Rashaan Evans current starters 

NOTE: both players are projected to score 180 points in our scoring format

which begs the question: upgrade at LB and spread out the talent or keep the depth at WR- 
It’s tricky to know what to expect from Thomas without Brees. 

I think Warner will be just as good, if not better in 2022.

Team Thomas Looks like they could use the LB more. 

In that scoring system either works. 

Well, shopped Mahomes. Here’s how it ended up: 

I gave: Mahomes, Ertz 

I got: Z.Wilson, CEH, Higgins, 2022 1st, 2023 1st. 

I know many will hate this deal. I’m fully expecting to get killed by all y’all.

Comments in the value thread were like “Mahomes is so good that to send him to another team you need to cripple that team with what you get back” - and that’s all well and good, but some of y’all may find it surprising how few teams actually want to cripple themselves by overpaying or even paying “fair value” for Mahomes. 

My team, though a combination of aging, circumstances & injury became  very thin at RB & WR. Not to the point that I was non-competitive (finished as the 4-seed, playoffs, 2nd round exit (again). For 3 years I’ve been good enough to get there, not good enough to go over the top. And then TB picked up Fournette (hurting RoJo), my WRs got older; RBs got hurt.

Then I “went for it” last year and traded some depth to get Carson, hoping for a ‘ship before the rebuild. 

I tried every team. 7/12 wanted Mahomes. Most didn't have replacement QB to deal (which I felt I needed because Carr may not be long-term & who knows what Daniel Jones will be. Some others just didn’t have the players to trade & others tried to pretend that reasonable offers “weren’t close” for them, despite several calcs swing they were even. Came close to a Burrow/Sermon/AJ Brown/2023 1st, but at the 11th hour they decided against it. 

So I took the best deal I could find, and in doing so, took a big risk on Zach Wilson, hoping he’s the next 2-way threat QB. I get CEH who I’m still relatively high on & Higgins, who I also really like.

And with the Hopkins deal I made earlier, now I have Pitts, too.

So now I have enough players to field a roster & the rebuild has begun. 

And with 3 extra picks in the next 2 drafts (2 firsts & a 2nd) if it doesn’t work out, I still have some decent core players to rebuild with & 2 extra firsts to work with. 

Sometimes the best deal is the one you can make. My only other concrete option was Goff/Deebo/Akers, and I can’t stand Goff, don’t want to root for the Rams & have injury concerns about Deebo & his style of play.

I won’t cry if y’all are mean to me for this deal. I understand many of you wouldn’t have made it. Mahomes is a consistent weekly plug & play & it’s hard to move off of such a player. But sometimes your team reaches the point where you have to diversify assets to continue to compete & I felt like this was the best I could do given what the teams in my league were offering.

I await the heckling. I’m sure it won’t be pretty. It’s ok. I have thick skin. 

FFPC SF not involved and two different leagues here:

Team A gave Chubb
Team B gave Cam Newton, two 2022 1sts

Team X gave Golladay, Corey Davis, 2022 2nd
Team Y gave Winston, Irv Smith, OBJ

Last edited by a moderator:

I don't mind it at all. :shrug:

Things are worth what people will pay, not what they're priced at. Guys put QBs on the block all the time and never trade them because they don't think they're getting "what the guy's worth". Well, fella, that's why he's been on the block since February - you're not getting your asking price.

FFPC SF not involved and two different leagues here:

Team A gave Chubb
Team B gave Cam Newton, two 2022 1sts
fair deal. Chubb is still limited by Hunt & 2 firsts is nothing to sneeze at. Newton seems irrelevant.

team X gave Golladay, Corey Davis, 2022 2nd
Team Y gave Winston, Irv Smith, OBJ
Hard to know what this is until we know what Winston is (or more importantly, isn’t)

One of those rare occasions where I don’t really like either side of this trade, but if Winston is the man in NOS (a huge if), that’s the side that wins this trade.

Last edited:
I don't think you can make an argument that what you did is selling low. People can talk about whether he should be moved in the first place but I don't think you can say you could have got more.
Assuming this is directed towards me, no - this was the best I could do. I worked the trade desk literally all day after work. The ones who wanted Mahomes most couldn’t afford him. 

And if I could have made moves to rebuild while retaining him, I would have. Just didn’t have the depth to get that done for anything but inferior talent. 

I know many will hate this deal. I’m fully expecting to get killed by all y’all.

Comments in the value thread were like “Mahomes is so good that to send him to another team you need to cripple that team with what you get back” - and that’s all well and good, but some of y’all may find it surprising how few teams actually want to cripple themselves by overpaying or even paying “fair value” for Mahomes. 

My team, though a combination of aging, circumstances & injury became  very thin at RB & WR. Not to the point that I was non-competitive (finished as the 4-seed, playoffs, 2nd round exit (again). For 3 years I’ve been good enough to get there, not good enough to go over the top. And then TB picked up Fournette (hurting RoJo), my WRs got older; RBs got hurt.

Then I “went for it” last year and traded some depth to get Carson, hoping for a ‘ship before the rebuild. 

I tried every team. 7/12 wanted Mahomes. Most didn't have replacement QB to deal (which I felt I needed because Carr may not be long-term & who knows what Daniel Jones will be. Some others just didn’t have the players to trade & others tried to pretend that reasonable offers “weren’t close” for them, despite several calcs swing they were even. Came close to a Burrow/Sermon/AJ Brown/2023 1st, but at the 11th hour they decided against it. 

So I took the best deal I could find, and in doing so, took a big risk on Zach Wilson, hoping he’s the next 2-way threat QB. I get CEH who I’m still relatively high on & Higgins, who I also really like.

And with the Hopkins deal I made earlier, now I have Pitts, too.

So now I have enough players to field a roster & the rebuild has begun. 

And with 3 extra picks in the next 2 drafts (2 firsts & a 2nd) if it doesn’t work out, I still have some decent core players to rebuild with & 2 extra firsts to work with. 

Sometimes the best deal is the one you can make. My only other concrete option was Goff/Deebo/Akers, and I can’t stand Goff, don’t want to root for the Rams & have injury concerns about Deebo & his style of play.

I won’t cry if y’all are mean to me for this deal. I understand many of you wouldn’t have made it. Mahomes is a consistent weekly plug & play & it’s hard to move off of such a player. But sometimes your team reaches the point where you have to diversify assets to continue to compete & I felt like this was the best I could do given what the teams in my league were offering.

I await the heckling. I’m sure it won’t be pretty. It’s ok. I have thick skin. 
That's like four 1sts. Not bad at all.

12 team Superflex PPR league, but QB scoring is significantly depressed. Start 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 4F, 1SF, 1K, 1DST... so 96 RB/WR/TE players will start every week even if a QB starts in every Superflex spot. Startup draft begins in a couple weeks.

• Gave up 2021 Draft Pick 1.01; 2021 Draft Pick 10.01
  • Got 2021 Draft Pick 1.02; 2021 Draft Pick 8.02

This is a 12 team PPR league with these starting lineup requirements: 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 4F (R/W/T), 1SF (Q/R/W/T), 1K, 1DST. Since we have to start at least 8 R/W/T players x 12 teams each week, it seems very likely that the SF position will typically be a QB.

However, QB scoring is much lower than I have ever seen in any league: 0.0333 per passing yard (1/30); 2.667 per passing TD; 0.0667 per rushing yard (1/15); 4 per rushing TD.

As a point of reference, Mahomes averaged 19.315 ppg in this system last season. QB24 by ppg was Bridgewater, who averaged 13.572 ppg. So Mahomes was worth less than 6 ppg more than Bridgewater. That is less than the spread between RB12 and RB36, but it is more than the spread between WR12 and WR36 (about 3.4 ppg). Granted that is just one season, but it gives a feel.

My thought was that in this system, Mahomes offers less of an expected positional advantage than in most leagues, so I am more reluctant than I would usually be (in Superflex) to take a QB at 1.1 and have to wait for 22 more players to be drafted before drafting my second player and first potential non-QB. I expect a significant dropoff in talent to occur over that span.

Same league. Startup draft starts tomorrow. It is a third-round reversal draft, so I originally had 1.1, 2.12, 3.12, 4.1, and so on. Another trade:

• Gave up 2021 Draft Pick 1.02; 2021 Draft Pick 2.12; 2021 Draft Pick 3.12
  • Got 2021 Draft Pick 1.10; 2021 Draft Pick 2.03; 2021 Draft Pick 3.03
Combining the two trades, I think I got pretty good return for moving from 1.1 to 1.10 (-9 spots):

• Moved from 2.12 to 2.3 (+9 spots)
  • Moved from 3.12 to 3.3 (+9 spots)
  • Moved from 10.1 to 8.2 (+23 spots)
I didn't really want a QB at 1.1 or 1.2 due to the depressed QB scoring, so would have likely ended up with McCaffrey or Barkley at 1.2... so that is what I gave up, substituting RB 4-5 or WR 3-4 for McCaffrey/Barkley.

Interested in opinions on this.

That's like four 1sts. Not bad at all.
That’s exactly what my trade partner said when I kept pressing for Metcalf instead of the other 1st+Higgins. (He was sure to note that Higgins was 2.01, which is “just like a 1st”) so technically it’s like 5.

How long will people will chase that 2019 Ekeler year?
What do you mean, exactly? My last post in the Ekeler thread:

I think he sees volume. 
Sure he will. What is the alternative? The other RBs are Justin Jackson, Joshua Kelley, and Larry Rountree. 

Ekeler was RB #13 in ppg last season (PPR); #6 in 2019, and #25 in 2018, despite the fact that Gordon was also #5 that season.

Last season, though he was RB #13 in overall ppg, he was RB #7 in total points (PPR) in weeks 1-3, then got hurt in week 4 and didn't play again until week 12. He was RB #6 in total points in weeks 12-17. So in the 9 healthy games he had last season, we was RB #6/7, showing he was able to maintain his 2019 performance.

He just turned 26 and is in the midst of his prime. He is in incredible shape, and possibly the strongest player in the NFL, pound for pound.

Now he gets a new coaching staff with influences from Sean Payton, Sean McVay, and Kyle Shanahan, who have all had offenses great for RB fantasy production.

What's not to like?
I'm not saying I would trade Watson and a 2022 first for him in a Superflex... but I might. It would depend on the league parameters and my roster makeup. For example, if I had multiple other high quality QBs and was weak at RB, I would strongly consider it.

What do you mean, exactly? My last post in the Ekeler thread:

I'm not saying I would trade Watson and a 2022 first for him in a Superflex... but I might. It would depend on the league parameters and my roster makeup. For example, if I had multiple other high quality QBs and was weak at RB, I would strongly consider it.
I mean I think he was lightning in a bottle and won't see those numbers again. But I have to admit, I've never given him much thought at all. He seems more of a Lindsay or Cohen type to me.

I mean I think he was lightning in a bottle and won't see those numbers again. But I have to admit, I've never given him much thought at all. He seems more of a Lindsay or Cohen type to me.
I could be wrong, but I don't think he was lightning in a bottle at all. At least not unless he proves to be unable to stay on the field. His production has been impressive since the first time he got opportunity. And he has virtually no competition on the roster for touches. And he is playing in the Payton/Shanahan offense.  :moneybag:

As for Lindsay/Cohen, were either of them ever RB6 in a full season? :no:  

I could be wrong, but I don't think he was lightning in a bottle at all. At least not unless he proves to be unable to stay on the field. His production has been impressive since the first time he got opportunity. And he has virtually no competition on the roster for touches. And he is playing in the Payton/Shanahan offense.  :moneybag:

As for Lindsay/Cohen, were either of them ever RB6 in a full season? :no:  
No, but as you said, Ekeler has gotten plenty of opportunity. I just mean they seem like the same type of player - as in their numbers will be gotten through the air and not carries.

No, but as you said, Ekeler has gotten plenty of opportunity. I just mean they seem like the same type of player - as in their numbers will be gotten through the air and not carries.
But your post said how long will people chase 2019. My point is, he's the same guy with the same opportunity for the foreseeable future. "How long will people chase" makes it sound like they are chasing production he will not replicate. But there is no reason to think that IMO.

Not really, Andy. The first year he got real opportunity was when Gordon held out. Otherwise he was at the tail end of a committee provided Gordon was healthy. 2019 was great, 2020 he was hurt. It's a definite trade hoping he is close to attaining his 2019 value, though, that is correct. Can he? I don't know.

But it's not like he's been a long-time guy with tons of opportunity that he hasn't cashed in on. The noise he made came from the back-end of a not even back-end of a committee with Gordon getting all the goal line looks when healthy.

Users who are viewing this thread