What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (21 Viewers)

FFPC SF not involved

Team A gives Lamb

Team B gives Ekeler, D Jones, 2022 2nd
Fair.

DJones could break out. He showed flashes with a terrible OL & no weapons. 

That’s probably the gamble here. Lamb is a get tho, and Eke will provide value. 

it’s a fair trade. One of those where someone’s feelings about Eke & Jones steer the perception of whether they’d accept or not. 

As a DJ SF shareholder I’d probably take the deal if I could afford to lose the RB. 

Fair.

DJones could break out. He showed flashes with a terrible OL & no weapons. 

That’s probably the gamble here. Lamb is a get tho, and Eke will provide value. 

it’s a fair trade. One of those where someone’s feelings about Eke & Jones steer the perception of whether they’d accept or not. 

As a DJ SF shareholder I’d probably take the deal if I could afford to lose the RB. 
I would take the Lamb side and to me it isn't close.  Even if that pick was a 1st instead of a 2nd I wouldn't trade Lamb for that.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would take the Lamb side and to me it isn't close.  Even if that pick was a 1st instead of a 2nd I wouldn't trade Lamb for that.
Agreed...the key to me is the QB...sometimes in SF you need to make a tough trade to shore up your QB position...if I was in that situation and was gonna give up Lamb I want a QB that I can count on to take my QB unit to another level and Jones is way to risky to count on that.

Count me in the “Melvin Gordon will be the RB1 in Denver in 2021” camp.

He should be significantly more valuable than a random future 2nd. The 3rd is worthless 
Gordon should be the RB1 but I think Javonte Williams closes the gap more than Philip Lindsey did, and Lindsey got plenty of run. Gordon is at the age 28-29 when his value will drop precipitously after this season, so while this is a bit light if you don't "need" Gordon this is not a terrible deal - and realistically you're not getting a 1st.

And while 3rd round picks are far from sure things, to say they're "worthless" in a standard league is disingenuous, let alone in a super-flex league. I've landed plenty of talent in round 3 (and of course plenty of misses) - and they make nice trade sweeteners.

Gordon should be the RB1 but I think Javonte Williams closes the gap more than Philip Lindsey did, and Lindsey got plenty of run. Gordon is at the age 28-29 when his value will drop precipitously after this season, so while this is a bit light if you don't "need" Gordon this is not a terrible deal - and realistically you're not getting a 1st.

And while 3rd round picks are far from sure things, to say they're "worthless" in a standard league is disingenuous, let alone in a super-flex league. I've landed plenty of talent in round 3 (and of course plenty of misses) - and they make nice trade sweeteners.
That's the part I get on board with. If someone really won't do a trade without a third, I'll throw it it. Nice way to put it over the top if necessary.

I'd agree with that statement in a vacuum but depending on roster situations, I could understand the other side.  If you had a big need at QB in SF and believed Stafford could do big things in his new home, there is nothing wrong with that side either.  Especially if deep at WR.
Agreed if Stafford was my 2nd QB and I am competing for a ship I would hold off, but I like the value.

12 team 0.5 PPR SF

Gave: Tee Higgins, Robby Anderson, Pollard, ‘23 3rd

Got: Stafford, ‘22 2nd
If you need a QB this is not a lot to give up for someone who has a chance to be very legit with his new team...Higgins is a player but with Chase onboard that takes a little shine off of him...Anderson is not a player I would worry about dealing...I am a big fan of Pollard and would hate to give him up but he still has Zeke in front of him...add in you are upgrading from a #3 in 2023 to a #2 in 2022 and I think this is an easy deal to make in the SF format...also, since this is not an overpay I think you could get more for Stafford in-season from a contender if your team was in a spot where that made sense...the more I look t this deal the more I like it.

I think it is closer in SF, where often getting QBs is like pulling teeth. 

As I said, I’d probably make the trade as a DJones owner, but not if I’m down to 2 QBs as a result. 

Value is what you can get for a dude.

While others have said Lamb should command a better QB in return, and I agree, sometimes a Daniel Jones is the best trade you can work out in a specific league with ~11 other owners.

some may not be willing to deal a QB, may already be deep at WR, or may not have an Ekeler to give back. 

value is in the eye of the beholder. I don’t think this deal is so off-balance that it’s the “not close” no-brainer you’re asserting.

Without the picks involved, the Dynasty Dominator app has the DJ/Eke side winning this 258 to 184. So to say it’s not close seems inaccurate on its face, but especially when you consider context of potential trade partners and what assets are available. 

And hey, maybe the team giving up Lamb isn’t as high on him, or is higher on DJ than you.

This looks like a fair trade to me, even if it’s one you don’t care for. 

the more I look t this deal the more I like it.
I think this applies to a lot of the knee-jerk evals of deals in here. 

I mean, some, like the Dalvin Cook deal, are just objectively terrible & lopsided & easily mocked as such.

but on some of the close ones, there’s either a cognitive dissonance between “value on paper” vs “getting a deal done” or there’s inherent bias where a shark may hate one or more players involved and that clouds judgement on what constitutes a fair deal.

just because someone personally hates Daniel Jones, for example, that doesn’t negate DJ’s value, except in deals that person is making. 

I’ve said it before and I’ll keep saying it (and @Dr. Octopus recently did as well) - in the context of a dynasty league there are a limited number of potential trade partners. They all have needs, and they all have existing pieces they can or can’t move. Some are in win-now, some are rebuilding & let’s be honest, some have no idea wtf they’re doing. 

So among say 5-6 teams, you’ve got to work out a deal. And now bring SF into the mix where some teams hoard QBs and some teams simply don’t have the QB equity to move unless they’re blown away by an offer.

and that’s when you need to step back to evaluate (again, for example) how fair a Daniel Jones + Eke for Lamb deal is, or the Higgins + stuff for Stafford.

Neither of those deals are unfair in context. But I can see some of the sharks in here hating them. And that’s ok too. We all have our takes. I just try to look at deals in the context described above rather than through the lens of scorn & derision because someone subjectively views a certain player as ascending and/or has distain for other players in the deal. 

FFPC SF

I gave Julio, Trautman
I got Pittman, 2022 2nd

On this squad this is my WR5 for a younger WR that I think is going to break out. Julio would be on my bench most weeks in this league. So will Pittman. I like Trautman a lot but I have Kelce, Fant and a couple other young TEs I also like. Right now I have 24 players on my roster where I had 25 yesterday. We have to cutdown to 20 by week 1. Long ways away but I have a *lot* of depth on this team and that is a problem before cutdown. WR depth in the SF format is really a tough dynamic. There is just no shortage of good WRs available everywhere. Right now I'm looking at cutting TY Hilton (who might outperform Pittman), Landry, a QB that is likely starting week 1, and one of the young TEs I like. 

I think this applies to a lot of the knee-jerk evals of deals in here. 

I mean, some, like the Dalvin Cook deal, are just objectively terrible & lopsided & easily mocked as such.

but on some of the close ones, there’s either a cognitive dissonance between “value on paper” vs “getting a deal done” or there’s inherent bias where a shark may hate one or more players involved and that clouds judgement on what constitutes a fair deal.

just because someone personally hates Daniel Jones, for example, that doesn’t negate DJ’s value, except in deals that person is making. 

I’ve said it before and I’ll keep saying it (and @Dr. Octopus recently did as well) - in the context of a dynasty league there are a limited number of potential trade partners. They all have needs, and they all have existing pieces they can or can’t move. Some are in win-now, some are rebuilding & let’s be honest, some have no idea wtf they’re doing. 

So among say 5-6 teams, you’ve got to work out a deal. And now bring SF into the mix where some teams hoard QBs and some teams simply don’t have the QB equity to move unless they’re blown away by an offer.

and that’s when you need to step back to evaluate (again, for example) how fair a Daniel Jones + Eke for Lamb deal is, or the Higgins + stuff for Stafford.

Neither of those deals are unfair in context. But I can see some of the sharks in here hating them. And that’s ok too. We all have our takes. I just try to look at deals in the context described above rather than through the lens of scorn & derision because someone subjectively views a certain player as ascending and/or has distain for other players in the deal. 
I totally agree with everything you said here but I just give my personal opinion and my valuation of guys affects how I view a trade.  Definitely wouldn't say those are unfair trades though at all.

The Lamb deal wasn't for Jones it was for Ekeler. We can yap forever about Jones this or Jones that but the main piece on that side was Ekeler. And I don't think the deal was very good for Lamb. That wasn't enough. I prefer the Stafford side quite a bit on the other one just because I don't believe Higgins will ever be a dominant #1 difference maker now that Chase is there. Stafford is a good get in SF for a couple backup pieces.

I totally agree with everything you said here but I just give my personal opinion and my valuation of guys affects how I view a trade.  Definitely wouldn't say those are unfair trades though at all.
Yeah, I mean - we all do that. Just like value =/= exactly what one rankings sheet or another or one calc or another says in context of a league, we each value players differently. 

It's why I love discussing players with other sharks here - we are not as much slaves to group-think rankings as in some other fantasy circles. And even then, as a group many of us can be convinced. I went from trying to acquire Chase Edmonds before the Conner signing & being talked out of it by @rockaction, to later being convinced by the same member that he was a good value after the Conner signing, to actively pursuing & acquiring Edmonds for less than I was initially going to pay for him. 

That is all about personal opinion, and being open/flexible to the opinions of others. 

We all have players we love or hate - I've been burned by players that others love. I will never forgive Keenan Allen for costing me an LCG appearance when he jumped for a TD on the 1st drive of the game, came down on his hip & left the game with 0 points in a playoff game I lost by 1.7 points. It's not entirely rational. It certainly doesn't make Keenan Allen any less valuable. But I'm unlikely to roster him again. 

But if I see Keenan Allen in a deal, I try not to let that cloud my evaluation of the deal. If I slight Allen, it won't be for costing me an LCG appearance, it'll be for his age relative to team needs big picture kinda thing. 

Sometimes personal preference can work for the positive. Back in the day when Jailbird Jamal was coming out of a prison stint, and off a torn ACL, no one liked him. I got him at 3.02 after taking LT2 1.02 & (I think) Marvin Harrison. He had a 2000+ yard season & I won my 1st LCG. I liked Lewis more than most, & figured he'd be rested. I also saw a random clip on SportsCenter about how new procedures made ACL recovery better (many were skeptical of this at the time) and they actually mentioned Lewis by name and showed a clip of him cutting.  So I don't discount that personal preference at all. 

But it's only one component of evaluating a deal, is all I'm saying, and it should be of lesser importance than some other factors. 

FFPC SF

I gave Julio, Trautman
I got Pittman, 2022 2nd

On this squad this is my WR5 for a younger WR that I think is going to break out. Julio would be on my bench most weeks in this league. So will Pittman. I like Trautman a lot but I have Kelce, Fant and a couple other young TEs I also like. Right now I have 24 players on my roster where I had 25 yesterday. We have to cutdown to 20 by week 1. Long ways away but I have a *lot* of depth on this team and that is a problem before cutdown. WR depth in the SF format is really a tough dynamic. There is just no shortage of good WRs available everywhere. Right now I'm looking at cutting TY Hilton (who might outperform Pittman), Landry, a QB that is likely starting week 1, and one of the young TEs I like. 
I dunno....if Julio is healthy this year, I have a hard time seeing him on anyone's bench. That's a tough deal for me. I take the JJ side here. 

12 Team, PPR, Superflex, not involved

Team A got 2024 1st round pick

Team B got QB Ben Roethlisberger, WR Brandin Cooks, WR Sterling Shepard, TE Hayden Hurst
That's some long-term planning!  We can't even deal past 2023 in my league. 

That said, that's a bunch of tough sell players for a future 1st round pick. I guess if the value is there for the pick in 2024 it'll turn out to be a good deal, but I'd probably have wanted to wait & see 

• How Roeth looks - could have likely capitalized on selling him to a win-now mid-season if a QB gets hurt
  • How Cooks looks. It's unlikely it'll be Watson, but that doesn't mean Cooks won't perform with whomever. 
  • Hurst's production - with JJ gone, I could see a lot of productive 2 TE sets with a QB who loves throwing to the TEs.
I don't love this deal as it feels like someone is bailing  a little early on these players & coulda probably received more in-season with a series of deals than by lumping them all together for a player they won't have for 3 years.

The Lamb deal wasn't for Jones it was for Ekeler. We can yap forever about Jones this or Jones that but the main piece on that side was Ekeler. And I don't think the deal was very good for Lamb. That wasn't enough. I prefer the Stafford side quite a bit on the other one just because I don't believe Higgins will ever be a dominant #1 difference maker now that Chase is there. Stafford is a good get in SF for a couple backup pieces.
Of course Eke is the better player in the deal right now. That's obvious. But DJones is what made the value right. 

Especially in SF.  

Like I said, I'd probably take the Lamb side (and I own DJ) - but a young QB in SF who just got a bunch of weapons back and a perceived upgrade at OL does add a lot of value, whether you value him or not. 

If I'm the lamb owner I certainly don't do a 1:1 for Eke.  And they could conceivably flip DJ if he has a nice start to the season. 

Shockingly, I'm getting interest in Jones, and have since the Golladay signing. None are deals I consider fair value, but that's a million x more interest than I got in him before. :lol:  

FFPC SF

I gave Julio, Trautman
I got Pittman, 2022 2nd

Nice deal...first of all when you are in a numbers crunch any time you can add draft picks for a probable cut like Trautman (due to your numbers) you are being smart...the second piece is if you like Pittman (and I do) than this deal makes even more sense as you are getting a young, potential breakout player...real smart roster management/Dynasty deal.

Nice deal...first of all when you are in a numbers crunch any time you can add draft picks for a probable cut like Trautman (due to your numbers) you are being smart...the second piece is if you like Pittman (and I do) than this deal makes even more sense as you are getting a young, potential breakout player...real smart roster management/Dynasty deal.
In this context I agree, but I could also see Julio having a big year in TEN, making this a bit of a low-sell. 

Of course if JJ continues along the oft-injured trend he was on, it’s a great trade. 

I’m not sure we can fairly judge it until we’ve see which Quintorris Lopez Jones shows up in TEN. 

I do like Pittman though. 

Don't see a bad trades accepted thread. Lol. This one might join the previously discussed Dalvin Cook trade. Just posted in my 14 team PPR SF league. I'm not involved, please help me see the other side. Am I missing something?

Team A trades: Garoppolo, A. Gibson, R. Higgins, Ertz, 2022 1st
Team B trades: Roethlisberger, Z. Moss, Claypool, H. Henry, 2022 3rd

Of course Eke is the better player in the deal right now. That's obvious. But DJones is what made the value right. 

Especially in SF.  

Like I said, I'd probably take the Lamb side (and I own DJ) - but a young QB in SF who just got a bunch of weapons back and a perceived upgrade at OL does add a lot of value, whether you value him or not. 

If I'm the lamb owner I certainly don't do a 1:1 for Eke.  And they could conceivably flip DJ if he has a nice start to the season. 

Shockingly, I'm getting interest in Jones, and have since the Golladay signing. None are deals I consider fair value, but that's a million x more interest than I got in him before. :lol:  
You are right.  He was almost untradable due to zero value before this offseason.  I like the kid but this is a make or break year for him I think.

Don't see a bad trades accepted thread. Lol. This one might join the previously discussed Dalvin Cook trade. Just posted in my 14 team PPR SF league. I'm not involved, please help me see the other side. Am I missing something?

I feel like I'm missing something as most of the "wins" are for Team A.  The 2 best pieces in this deal by far (depending on your feeling on Claypool) are Gibson and the 22 1st.  Not sure how those picks ended up on those sides.  Gibson is so far ahead of Moss and that 1st so far ahead of a 3rd that this is terrible and does belong in a worst trades thread.

Nope. I like Claypool a lot and I am even a little high on Moss, but this is robbery.

Edited m: I’d misread the direction of those picks. Terrible deal. The team giving up Higgins/Gibson should be the one giving the 1st. 

Yikes. Why can’t I ever get offers like this?! 

Looks pretty fair to me. :shrug:  

note: not perfectly balanced,  but basically Gibson / Higgins for Moss / Claypool / Henry

not a deal I would except, but I don’t think it’s “worst traits ever“ category either.
I think you are missing the picks.  I'd agree if it was Jimmy G/Gibson/Higgins/Ertz for Ben/Moss/Claypool/Henry.  That is fair enough.  But a 1st for a 3rd on the side of the "loser" of that fair-ish trade seems bad to me.  I'm not huge on Moss or Henry and Claypool has a ton of question marks for me on that offense wanting to run more, a ton of WRs there, and Ben gone after this year.

I dunno....if Julio is healthy this year, I have a hard time seeing him on anyone's bench. That's a tough deal for me. I take the JJ side here. 
I have Keenan Allen, Jefferson, Evans, Chase, Viska, Gabriel Davis, and now Pittman. I have a hard time believing Julio is going to put up the kind of Julio numbers we're used to in that Tennessee offense with AJ Brown there. In FFPC SF format, you can only start 3 WRs unless you decide to bench your 2nd QB. It's not like it would be crazy to start Julio as my #3, but honestly I don't see it. And I *love* Julio Jones and have crushed in fantasy for years with him on my teams. But I really think the era of 150 targets is gone. And realistically I probably need to move more WRs. Pittman just became just as much as a roster clogger as Julio was but at least he is young and his value is plausibly going to keep going up. Julio wasn't going to take this team over the top and gaining a roster spot is huge. I actually feel worse about moving Trautman.

Thanks but yeah I could not stomach the idea of cutting a guy like Trautman who I do think breaks out this year. I would cut Hilton or Landry first. These kinds of constraints really do force action. But I can't develop the Gabriel Davis/Pittmans of the world if I'm holding onto aging vets that I am choosing (wrongly or rightly) to bench most weeks. I would cut Hilton or Landry but never Julio. Not this year anyway.

I have Keenan Allen, Jefferson, Evans, Chase, Viska, Gabriel Davis, and now Pittman. I have a hard time believing Julio is going to put up the kind of Julio numbers we're used to in that Tennessee offense with AJ Brown there. In FFPC SF format, you can only start 3 WRs unless you decide to bench your 2nd QB. It's not like it would be crazy to start Julio as my #3, but honestly I don't see it. And I *love* Julio Jones and have crushed in fantasy for years with him on my teams. But I really think the era of 150 targets is gone. And realistically I probably need to move more WRs. Pittman just became just as much as a roster clogger as Julio was but at least he is young and his value is plausibly going to keep going up. Julio wasn't going to take this team over the top and gaining a roster spot is huge. I actually feel worse about moving Trautman.
Makes sense. Completely understand the deal. I think you did well, especially with the unknowns of JJ’s health & usage in TEN. 

The only “but” is that Julio is an absolute monster when healthy, and he could pull a Randy Moss type of resurgence. He is a legit uncoverable superstar when he’s right, and if he does have 1 more BUF year in him, I wouldn’t be shocked to see him outperform Viska & Chase. 

Chances are very good that he won’t, and looking at your roster, you’re likely correct to have made the deal. And even if he does have that big year, we’re still only talking about your WR4, so NBD. 

like I said, I like Pittman, and I think he’s a nice get in return. And like you said, you don’t need to cut Trautman for nothing, who I also see as an up & comet. 

I think you are missing the picks.  I'd agree if it was Jimmy G/Gibson/Higgins/Ertz for Ben/Moss/Claypool/Henry.  That is fair enough.  But a 1st for a 3rd on the side of the "loser" of that fair-ish trade seems bad to me.  I'm not huge on Moss or Henry and Claypool has a ton of question marks for me on that offense wanting to run more, a ton of WRs there, and Ben gone after this year.
Oh - yes, somehow I’d misread that. The 1st is going the wrong way. :lol:  

my bad, that’s a terrible deal, and basically stealing for the team getting Gibson/Higgins. 

Agreed.  No worries.  We all quick read sometimes.  I wish someone would offer me a deal like this.
Lol - I edited my post & said the exact same thing. I see deals like this go down and think, “why can’t the dummy in my league target me for once?!”

This deal went down on Tuesday and I’m still irritated because I was interested in Mike Davis. 

Bernard, Giovani TBB RB

Davis, Mike ATL RB

for

Ryan Fitzpatrick

Now, it’s debatable whether Fitzmagic is worth that in SF, but it sure feels like the Fitz owner got a starting running back on the cheap. 

I have no idea what Bernard is worth but if he’s the new James White, it could be quite a bit in PPR. 

Hot Sauce Guy said:
Lol - I edited my post & said the exact same thing. I see deals like this go down and think, “why can’t the dummy in my league target me for once?!”

This deal went down on Tuesday and I’m still irritated because I was interested in Mike Davis. 

Bernard, Giovani TBB RB

Davis, Mike ATL RB

for

Ryan Fitzpatrick

Now, it’s debatable whether Fitzmagic is worth that in SF, but it sure feels like the Fitz owner got a starting running back on the cheap. 

I have no idea what Bernard is worth but if he’s the new James White, it could be quite a bit in PPR. 
Even in SF, Fitzpatrick is replaceable. There’s a fairly decent chance he’s not the starter for the full season. 

Even in SF, Fitzpatrick is replaceable. There’s a fairly decent chance he’s not the starter for the full season. 
Yep. That’s what I’m sayin - basically got 1.5 RBs for virtually nada. 

I never get offers that lopsided. Everyone I trade with ends up countering 37 times asking for more. 

Hot Sauce Guy said:

Bernard, Giovani TBB RB

Davis, Mike ATL RB

for

Ryan Fitzpatrick

I am holding Gio for that reason but I have a feeling he isn't worth a ton with RoJo and Leo there.  I don't play much SF but that does feel light for a starting RB.  Either way, I can understand your frustration.

I am holding Gio for that reason but I have a feeling he isn't worth a ton with RoJo and Leo there.  I don't play much SF but that does feel light for a starting RB.  Either way, I can understand your frustration.
Neither RoJo nor Fournette have shown the ability to catch with anything resembling consistency. They went after Gio for that reason, so you should definitely hold Gio for a little longer. He could be a 5-7 reception / 3-5 carry a week player, which would make him flex-worthy in most PPR leagues. 

Neither RoJo nor Fournette have shown the ability to catch with anything resembling consistency. They went after Gio for that reason, so you should definitely hold Gio for a little longer. He could be a 5-7 reception / 3-5 carry a week player, which would make him flex-worthy in most PPR leagues. 
Oh I plan on it until I see some of the season for sure.  I just don't have high hopes.  I know he is a better receiver and younger but I remember when people were thinking Shady would take production from those two last year and it didn't happen.  He is worth holding for sure but I am skeptical.

Hot Sauce Guy said:

Bernard, Giovani TBB RB

Davis, Mike ATL RB

for

Ryan Fitzpatrick

Gimme the starting QB in an ascending offense and the roster spot.

12 Team PPR Superflex, not involved

Team gave Mike Davis, Hunter Henry, then a few thirds and fourths in the next couple years, (4 picks total, I can come back and list if wanted).

Team gave 2023 1st round pick.

Users who are viewing this thread