What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (25 Viewers)

Usually I would never tank (legally) after just one week, but like always say, if you aren’t finishing high enough to make the playoffs, then finish near or at the bottom.  Finishing in the middle and not making the playoffs is about the worst thing you can do in dynasty.   
Like Ricky Bobby says, If you ain’t first, you’re last. 

There are a couple of really stacked teams, but they’re not young teams. 

my 3-year playoff window closed & now my players are rapidly aging.  It’s not going to be fun to suffer through 2021-2022, but it’s time to rebuild. 

14 team PPR Superflex (not involved)

Same team made the first trade before week 1 and the second one after (different trade partners)

Trade 1: Team A traded Damien Harris, 2023 1st, 2023 2nd to team B for Matt Ryan

Trade 2: Team A traded Matt Ryan to team C for Jacoby Brissett, 2022 3rd, 2023 1st

The picks in the first trade were his own and would be shocking, even 2 years out, if they're not top 3 (if not #1 overall). Had previously traded all of his 2022 picks (also likely top 3 with high probability of #1 overall). Had/has Josh Allen as only starting QB.

The picks received in trade 2 were from the defending champion who had just lost Fitzpatrick (his only starting QB this season).

Team A is a high volume trader (18 trades last season, 16 so far this season) and is establishing a history of losing almost every trade, some of which I've posted previously in this thread. Only the 2nd year of the league. Hopefully he doesn't orphan the team but it pretty much run into the ground. Had the lowest score in the league week 1 - 89.26 in a start 10 (QB/2RB/2WR/TE/Flex/SF/K/DST). 10 teams had 150+ points to show the disparity. At least we have rules to collect fees for future draft picks traded, so he is paid up through 2023.

I gave: 

2022 high pick (that I just got for CEH) 

Mike Evans, who I’ve been trying to deal for 3 years. 

i got:

2023 early 1st (my first that I dealt away 2 years ago, so likely top 2)

2023 mid 1st

2023 mid 2nd

Gabriel Davis 

Now I have 3x 2023 1st round picks. 

Still have Carson & ARob & two teams fighting over them. :pickle:  

@rockaction likes this post. 👍🏼

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow. You sure are breaking it up. Don't know if I'd have the guts to do that or wait that long for picks, but there ya go!
I’m in it for the long haul? :shrug:  

Believe if it not I have a pretty young core of talent left. I wasn’t gonna win anything the next 2 seasons anyway. 

But now I’ve got a 2022 1st round pick, & 4x 2023 1st round picks to rebuild with, plus three 2023 2nds and a couple of extra 2022 2nd round picks as well. 

It won’t be fun for the next couple years. But I had my fun the last three years. Cashed, cashed, just missed cashing. 

The rebuild is with house money. And it was fun working the deals. Took most of the day, in between trying to earn a living. 

Believe if it not I have a pretty young core of talent left. I wasn’t gonna win anything the next 2 seasons anyway. 

But now I’ve got.4x 2023 1st round picks to rebuild with, plus a couple extra 2nds and a couple of extra 2022 2nd round picks as well. 

It won’t be fun. But I had my fun the last three years. Cashed, cashed, just missed cashing. 

The rebuild is with house money. And it was fun working the deals. Took most of the day, in between trying to earn a living. 
That's the fun part of the rebuild, I assume. The deals. And watching the draft picks accumulate. Our league does not let us trade two years out, or I'd have traded a few guys already. I have to wait until 2022 to do that. It's not a great rule, but that's the rule.

That's the fun part of the rebuild, I assume. The deals. And watching the draft picks accumulate. Our league does not let us trade two years out, or I'd have traded a few guys already. I have to wait until 2022 to do that. It's not a great rule, but that's the rule.
That’s a rough rule.  We took a vote for it in this league - we decided that if everyone paid 2 years out, we could do it. 

And since we pay every year, it just means an extra year’s fees are always in the kitty.  Not like it costs us more every year now. 

That way if a team rage quits or whatever (highly unlikely in this league. lol) then the pot is covered. 

And yeah - the wheeling & dealing was intense. I was an inch away from getting Lance. Soooooo close!   :wall:

But with several good young players, a 1st and a couple 2nds next year, and 7 picks in the 1st two rounds of 2023, (5 of the forest 13-14) I’m hoping I can load up. I’ll just have to hope I get enough good advice from the nice folks of FBG when the time comes.   :wub:  

it’s funny - I’m actually much less stressed with my now-depleted team than I was from owning a ‘tweener team. I hated the idea of perpetually being not quite good enough, while having a few elite aging assets losing value every year. 

I told y’all I was gonna see how 2021 started & make the decision. I saw the “haves” teams put up 220, 200 & 190, while I “the have not” struggled to eek out 136, and I knew it was time. 

It wasn’t just a bad week. My team was incapable of those 190+ weeks. It’s why I kept getting bounced from the playoffs. 

Can’t half-A## it. Gotta go whole hog. 

I'm happy to be here for this, Hot Sauce Guy. A teardown is a huge thing. You're giving up some good guys and some weeks of winning up for a little ways into the future. If you're in it for the long haul, guys like Tank Bigsby and Bijan Robinson are going to look awfully good in a few years.

I can make no guarantees like that. I'm trying to navigate the world as best I can; fantasy football has been like ten years for me and I'm still not sick of it. I wonder what happens to me when and if the boards go, though. My interest has always been very social, and these boards are such a big part of it.

I hope I keep my ifam, is all I'm saying.

That’s a rough rule.  We took a vote for it in this league - we decided that if everyone paid 2 years out, we could do it. 

And since we pay every year, it just means an extra year’s fees are always in the kitty.  Not like it costs us more every year now. 

That way if a team rage quits or whatever (highly unlikely in mine. lol) then the pot is covered. 

And yeah - the wheeling & dealing was intense. I was an inch away from getting Lance. Soooooo close!   :wall:

But with several good young players, a 1st and a couple 2nds next year, and 7 picks in the 1st two rounds of 2023, I’m hoping I can load up. I’ll just have to hope I get enough good advice from the nice folks of FBG when the time comes.   :wub:  

it’s funny - I’m actually much less stressed with my now-depleted team than I was from owning a ‘tweener team. I hated the idea of perpetually being not quite good enough, while having a few elite aging assets losing value every year. 

I told y’all I was gonna see how 2021 started & make the decision. I saw the “haves” teams put up 220, 200 & 190, while I “the have not” struggled to eek out 136, and I knew it was time. 

It wasn’t just a bad week. My team was incapable of those 190+ weeks. It’s why I kept getting bounced from the playoffs. 

Can’t half-A## it. Gotta go whole hog. 
Man, I wish I could take your advice, but next year is such slim pickings apparently. If we did 2023 I'd know my course of action. As it is, I sit after the week almost exactly where I should be -- 7th or 8th place. It's perfectly awful. I've got Mahomes, and he makes me just good enough to compete every week and win.

It's why I feel like value for him in a six-point league isn't being had unless one gets two big-time guys back in return (that's a red herring for what you're doing, but true). I'd need two big-time starters to part with him and a QB in return, too, the way our rosters go. Nobody is going to pay that. He'd swing the league if I ever decided to deal him, too.

Oh well, just spitballing.

I'm happy to be here for this, Hot Sauce Guy. A teardown is a huge thing. You're giving up some good guys and some weeks of winning up for a little ways into the future. If you're in it for the long haul, guys like Tank Bigsby and Bijan Robinson are going to look awfully good in a few years.

I can make no guarantees like that. I'm trying to navigate the world as best I can; fantasy football has been like ten years for me and I'm still not sick of it. I wonder what happens to me when and if the boards go, though. My interest has always been very social, and these boards are such a big part of it.

I hope I keep my ifam, is all I'm saying.
If the boards go, hopefully there’s a grace period where those of us who wish to stay in touch can arrange that. There’s social media & whatnot. I chat with @yoman on IM, for example. Groups, Twitters, etc.

I agree though. For the ups & downs of social interaction through words (miscommunication, coming across not as intended, “tone”,, etc, it’s still great to have community. 

It's why I feel like value for him in a six-point league isn't being had unless one gets two big-time guys back in return (that's a red herring for what you're doing, but true). I'd need two big-time starters to part with him and a QB in return, too, the way our rosters go. Nobody is going to pay that. He'd swing the league if I ever decided to deal him, too.

Oh well, just spitballing.
I mean, getting Mahomes was what set this whole thing in motion. But exactly like you, I was not winning with Mahomes. I was just good enough to lose in the playoffs every year. 

In addition to these deals losing CEH, ARob, Evans & Carson, I started by dealing Hopkins & Mahomes (How I got CEH, in part) 

I turned Mahomes into CEH, Higgins, Zach Wilson & a 2022 1st & a 2023 1st

Traded the 2022 1st & 2023 4th for Pittman.

i turned Hopkins into a 2021 1.08 (Pitts) and a 2022 2nd

i turned Samuel & that 2022 2nd into Edmonds

Then CEH for 2022 1st

Then turned that 2022 1st + Evans into 2x 2023 1st (including 1.01), a 2023 2nd (2.01) and Gabriel Davis

Then ARob/Carson into 2022 1st, 2023 1st & 2023 2nd. 

😳

that’s the rebuild. Until I make the picks anyway. And I’m damn tempted to deal Edmonds & Fuller, too. 

it’s enough to make your head spin. 
:lol:  

I remember your Mahomes deal but wasn't aware of the two firsts you also got. See, that's two big-time talents in Higgins and CEH plus two firsts, though this was SF, so that's a pull you needed.

Interesting to see it all shake out. That first for Pittman is no sure thing, but Harmon's got your back on that one.

I'm less sanguine about Pitts, but that's about tight ends and history rather than scouting assessment of talent.

Anyway, interesting stuff. I hope it works out.

I remember your Mahomes deal but wasn't aware of the two firsts you also got. See, that's two big-time talents in Higgins and CEH plus two firsts, though this was SF, so that's a pull you needed.

Interesting to see it all shake out. That first for Pittman is no sure thing, but Harmon's got your back on that one.

I'm less sanguine about Pitts, but that's about tight ends and history rather than scouting assessment of talent.

Anyway, interesting stuff. I hope it works out.
Appreciate the moral support. heh

I think Zach Wilson will turn out to be a nice pull in the Mahomes package, too. 

We’ll see how it looks in 2023 after the draft. At this point all I can do is plan. 

And hope to lose a lot of games between now and then. 

I gave: 

2022 high pick (that I just got for CEH) 

Mike Evans, who I’ve been trying to deal for 3 years. 

i got:

2023 early 1st (my first that I dealt away 2 years ago, so likely top 2)

2023 mid 1st

2023 mid 2nd

Gabriel Davis 

Now I have 3x 2023 1st round picks. 

Still have Carson & ARob & two teams fighting over them. :pickle:  

@rockaction likes this post. 👍🏼
Did you send him flowers?  If not, then you're just being selfish. 

I mean, getting Mahomes was what set this whole thing in motion. But exactly like you, I was not winning with Mahomes. I was just good enough to lose in the playoffs every year. 

In addition to these deals losing CEH, ARob, Evans & Carson, I started by dealing Hopkins & Mahomes (How I got CEH, in part) 

I turned Mahomes into CEH, Higgins, Zach Wilson & a 2022 1st & a 2023 1st

Traded the 2022 1st & 2023 4th for Pittman.

i turned Hopkins into a 2021 1.08 (Pitts) and a 2022 2nd

i turned Samuel & that 2022 2nd into Edmonds

Then CEH for 2022 1st

Then turned that 2022 1st + Evans into 2x 2023 1st (including 1.01), a 2023 2nd (2.01) and Gabriel Davis

Then ARob/Carson into 2022 1st, 2023 1st & 2023 2nd. 

😳

that’s the rebuild. Until I make the picks anyway. And I’m damn tempted to deal Edmonds & Fuller, too. 

it’s enough to make your head spin. 
:lol:  
 Nice work @Hot Sauce Guy...  the hard question is do you have an Image for how you see the franchise in 2024?  

Youth, depth or targeting studs on the rise?  I agree 2023 draft prospects are looking strong. 

I can see the value in the complete rebuild, but you did have some nice assets to work with and appear to have been a "playoff contender" but not enough talent yet for the title... Did you consider the potential of a single deal for getting you "over the hump"?  Or was it too much of an obstacle in your league?  Curious minds want to know!! 

Hot Sauce Guy said:
Yeah, I’ve been following that as well. 

Because it’s likely to be a top 3 pick, I might be able to flip it into 2023. I’m definitely keeping that in mind. 

Theres just no way I can turn a 2022 1st into 2x 2023 1sts. 
Probably not but maybe more picks or a young player with a 2023 pick.  You never know.  Rookie fever is a real thing when we get in to the offseason.

But now I’ve got a 2022 1st round pick, & 4x 2023 1st round picks to rebuild with, plus three 2023 2nds and a couple of extra 2022 2nd round picks as well. 

It won’t be fun for the next couple years. But I had my fun the last three years. Cashed, cashed, just missed cashing. 

I like the moves if you can stomach being bad the next 2 years.  I like the value.  I also have 1 22 1st and 3 23 1sts with 2 2nds that year.  Looking forward to that draft.  That is also the draft we are doing in Vegas (every 5 years).

Probably not but maybe more picks or a young player with a 2023 pick.  You never know.  Rookie fever is a real thing when we get in to the offseason.
I actually managed to do it by adding Mike Evans, who I couldn’t give away for 3+ years. And one of the 2 is mine that I traded away 2 years ago, so it’ll be a top 2 pick.

:pickle:  

12 team Superflex league. 
Contender but in QB trouble after losing Fitz (have Watson and Tannehill). 

Gave: 2022 1st, 2022 2nd, Rountree

Got: Carr, Antonio Brown 

I can see the value in the complete rebuild, but you did have some nice assets to work with and appear to have been a "playoff contender" but not enough talent yet for the title... Did you consider the potential of a single deal for getting you "over the hump"?  Or was it too much of an obstacle in your league?  Curious minds want to know!!
Open to either, honestly. 

I find those draft picks get a whole lot more valuable the closer we get to the draft. 

I might be getting another 2022 1st for Chase Edmonds, and that would give me 2 1sts in a year I’d be happy to deal them away. 

Then in 2023 it’s going to depend on who’s on the board when my picks are up. 

RB & WR will be my big needs. From what I understand, 2023 should be good for that. And I’ve got 5 picks in the top ~14 (possibly the top 13) to play with. 

I might be getting a low 1st 2023 for Edmonds, too - that’s a work in progress. Then I’d have 5x 1sts in ‘23

This seems like a really good deal.  QB and AB could be a stud this year.
Carr is perpetually underrated in both real and FF. 

He’s 30, has been consistently healthy & while he lacks Mahomes/Allen upside, his steady 20-30 a week is superflex gold. 

AB is obviously a short term rental, but I could see Carr playing well for another 5-7 years barring injury. 

Absolute bargain. 

12 team PPR, 1 QB, no TEP

I gave: Goedert + 2022 2nd (mid-late)

I got: Claypool

Finally got someone to bite on one of the TEs I've been hauling around all year.  Still have Pitts, Higbee, and Juwan at TE so plenty of ammo there

12 team PPR, 1 QB, no TEP

I gave: Goedert + 2022 2nd (mid-late)

I got: Claypool

Finally got someone to bite on one of the TEs I've been hauling around all year.  Still have Pitts, Higbee, and Juwan at TE so plenty of ammo there
Love that value. I have Claypool worth more than that package.  Nicely done. 

10 Team full PPR 1QB/2RB/3WR/1FLX/1TE

Rebuilder (likely bottom-two) gave : Rodgers, Lockett. Received: Hurts, Aiyuk.  Tried moving Lockett/Rodgers since last offseason, finally got a contending taker.  I'm probably two successful off-seasons out of being back in the mix.

Did you consider the potential of a single deal for getting you "over the hump"?  Or was it too much of an obstacle in your league?  Curious minds want to know!! 
Sorry, in my excitement I missed this question.

Three straight years of “going for it” took a toll. When I had Mahomes / Hopkins I was just good enough to get bounced in the playoffs by the elite teams.  I’d be scoring 150-Ish, they’d be scoring 200+

In a league where half the teams score 120-Ish.

So I dealt those two to see if I could diversify / cash in on Mahomes. Got great value for him. Still wasn’t enough. 

and since I’ve been dealing to consolidate talent for 3 straight years, I didn’t have much draft equity, and I’d 2-for-1’d myself into a very thin roster. 

so no way for me to make a deal to get to the promised land. I’d taken all my shots. I had 5-6 solid pieces and very little depth.

Im excited to rebuild. 

10 Team full PPR 1QB/2RB/3WR/1FLX/1TE

Rebuilder (likely bottom-two) gave : Rodgers, Lockett. Received: Hurts, Aiyuk.  Tried moving Lockett/Rodgers since last offseason, finally got a contending taker.  I'm probably two successful off-seasons out of being back in the mix.
Rock solid. Shocked anyone would pay that for ARod / Lockett. ARod might be playing his last football in GB & them who knows. Lockett is gonna be 29 on Sept 28th.

nice trade for you. 👍🏼

That's how you rebuild.
Conceptually I agree. Sadly, no one in my league would pay that kind of value for 2 rapidly aging assets, especially in a 10-team league.

Shocked to see it, really. 

Team Hurts / Aiyuk just saw a game that was a good step towards securing Hurts future as the starter, and seems to be panicking on Aiyuk. Badly. Terrible move for that team. 

Conceptually I agree. Sadly, no one in my league would pay that kind of value for 2 rapidly aging assets, especially in a 10-team league.

Shocked to see it, really. 

Team Hurts / Aiyuk just saw a game that was a good step towards securing Hurts future as the starter, and seems to be panicking on Aiyuk. Badly. Terrible move for that team. 
Yeah I have no idea how to value assets in 10-teamers. I'm in a 14 and a 12 with 2r/2w/2f so lots more startable players.

FFPC SuperFlex:

I gave Fant, Palmer, 2022 2nd
I got McLaurin, H Henry

Different FFPC SF:

I gave Najee
I got CEH, Jacobs
FFPC is 1.5 for TE, right? I still think you got McLaurin at a really nice price. Somebody panicked about Heinecke.

I don't know about the other trade. I just...don't know.

tombonneau said:
Yeah I have no idea how to value assets in 10-teamers. I'm in a 14 and a 12 with 2r/2w/2f so lots more startable players.
I know value fluctuates a little due to supply & demand, fewer teams, more available players, etc

but age should translate to any league size. 

FFPC SuperFlex:

I gave Fant, Palmer, 2022 2nd
I got McLaurin, H Henry
McClaurin side. 

Different FFPC SF:

I gave Najee
I got CEH, Jacobs
Harris side. But that’s personal preference. I loved his usage if not results.

I’m a Jacobs guy, and still a “CEH has upside” guy, but Harris has a rare role. 

Could totally see doing it if the team needs dictated it. 

FFPC is 1.5 for TE, right? I still think you got McLaurin at a really nice price. Somebody panicked about Heinecke.

I don't know about the other trade. I just...don't know.
Yeah 1.5 and I have Waller. 

I still like CEH more than most and have him above Harris. I am fine being in the minority on that and I know you hate him. I consider him tied to Mahomes in a way (the older) Harris is tied to whatever they throw out there after Ben. I have Mahomes in this SF league and like the pair. Jacobs adds depth that I like. I may actually feel emboldened to move a different RB now. 

I think positive TD regression for CEH is coming.

Yeah 1.5 and I have Waller. 

I still like CEH more than most and have him above Harris. I am fine being in the minority on that and I know you hate him. I consider him tied to Mahomes in a way (the older) Harris is tied to whatever they throw out there after Ben. I have Mahomes in this SF league and like the pair. Jacobs adds depth that I like. I may actually feel emboldened to move a different RB now. 

I think positive TD regression for CEH is coming.
Yeah, I really didn't know about the trade. I like both CEH and Jacobs for Harris, I think.

Users who are viewing this thread