What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (17 Viewers)

It appears D Adams is a bit undervalued  That's coming from a guy whose been unimpressed from the get go  Barring injury he should have a really good Season (if not more)  

FFPC $500 Dynasty League, TE premium.

I traded TE Hunter Henry

for

RB Mark Ingram

WR Keelan Cole

Thus far in this league’s off-season, I’ve traded WR AJ Green, RB Devonta Freeman, and TE Hunter Henry. 

I’ve acquired 2018 1.6, 2.7, 2.9, RB Mark Ingram, WR Robert Woods, WR Will Fuller,  WR Keelan Cole, TE Jack Doyle and a 2019 1st round pick.
Sorry in advance for negative opinion but afraid my opinion is that you lost this deal and have made your team worse since you took over.

No worries! We all have differing opinions. This league was a startup draft last season. I finished second overall in the playoffs, so won a nice cash prize. 

My team had some deficiencies at RB, as I lost Cook, Carson due to injury and had to ride it out with Freeman, Rod Smith, and Gillislee. 

I’m heavily involved in draft analysis, and am privy to insider information. ATL has worked out 9 RB’s thus far, and will be drafting a RB to replace Freeman in the first 3-4 rounds. They’re very concerned about his knee issues, as well as Coleman’s contract situation. 

Green is 30, and has shown a significant drop off the last two seasons. The Bengals o-line is disgraceful and I’d never put a significant amount of fanatsy confidence in the red rocket. I’m stacked at WR with Michael Thomas, Tyreke Hill, Will Fuller, Robert Woods, etc. 

Henry chalked up a whopping 11.5% of targets in the SD offense last year. He’s competing for targets with Allen, M. Williams, Ty Williams, Benjamin, Gordon, Eckler, and whatever TE they draft to replace Gates. 

I also have Dalvin Cook and other significant pieces on this team. Very happy with opportunity to trade Freeman straight up for 1.6 (potentially a starting RB in this class) and I received 2.7, 2.9. Analysis on Freeman’s stats show a significant drop off the past two seasons. 

Overall I believe I sold high on Henry, and jettisoned dead weight in players that are clearly descending. 

Sorry in advance for negative opinion but afraid my opinion is that you lost this deal and have made your team worse since you took over.

12 team PPR with large rosters and taxi squad. Salary cap $500

Demaryius thomas($40) and 2019 2nd (will be late)

For

2.03, 3.01, 3.06, 5.02
I sort of viewed it like this:

- picks 25 and 50 this year is about the same as my 2019 2nd which will be late (won league last year, didnt lose anyone, Thomas was picked up at trade deadline and did nothing for me)

- Picks 15 and 30 equal up to about a late 1st, which I would have been happy to get for DT

- Yes this is an IDP league, but IDPs don't score a ton and are not nearly as valuable as most other IDP leagues.  

- Though Demaryius is overpaid, his cap was not hurting THAT bad, but it does lessen his value some (maybe 10-20%?)

I appreciate the thought process, Tejas.

Personally, i understand your goals as i tend to trade 1 for 2 or 1 for 3, but at some point i realized that fielding a strong weekly lineup and not having to pick between boom/bust WR3's and RB2's makes lineup setting (and therefore FF) easier. YMMV

FFPC $500 Dynasty League, TE premium.

I traded TE Hunter Henry

for

RB Mark Ingram

WR Keelan Cole

Thus far in this league’s off-season, I’ve traded WR AJ Green, RB Devonta Freeman, and TE Hunter Henry. 

I’ve acquired 2018 1.6, 2.7, 2.9, RB Mark Ingram, WR Robert Woods, WR Will Fuller,  WR Keelan Cole, TE Jack Doyle and a 2019 1st round pick.
Man this does not look like a great series of moves. It just feels very light on your end. You got a bunch of complimentary pieces with maybe the exception of Ingram and gave up a premium TE of the future (I still believe Henry will finally get his time in the sun this year) and 2 guys who are easily top 15 players at their position who people refuse to value that way due to down years and down offenses. The picks are nice but you're going to need to be extremely savvy with them to make up for the loss in raw value

I'd like to unload Adams for a good return but the Packers` interest in WRs isnt related to Adams, IMO.

Beyond he and Cobb the cupboard is pretty bare. They're looking for someone to complement Adams. I don't think any addition would mean subtraction for Adams.
While I agree as far as fantasy production, I would still wait to target him until after the draft. He's already being valued highly as an early 2nd round startup pick so his cost would not increase much, if at all, if GB passes on a WR early. His trade value will almost certainly take a hit if they draft someone in the 1st or 2nd round.

12 team PPR TE 1.5

Team A gives 2.12

Team B gives Vance McDonald, 4.02

And another same format:

Team C gives 2019 2nd

Team D gives Vance, 3.06

Last edited by a moderator:
Gave: 2.5, Jeremy Hill, Garcon

Got: 2019 1 (mid), P. Richardson
The #1 is the most valuable asset in this deal...Hill is a big wildcard, Garcon has some short-term value but is very limited in Dynasty and Richardson did get a contract that says they want him to be successful...if I am dealing a future 1 (which I do not like doing) I need to be getting something very legit back or I am doing it in-season where the return could be the difference in winning a championship...really not sure what this deal accomplished...

The #1 is the most valuable asset in this deal...Hill is a big wildcard, Garcon has some short-term value but is very limited in Dynasty and Richardson did get a contract that says they want him to be successful...if I am dealing a future 1 (which I do not like doing) I need to be getting something very legit back or I am doing it in-season where the return could be the difference in winning a championship...really not sure what this deal accomplished...
When Jeremy Hill becomes the next Corey Dillon or even Blount who can catch and Garcon becomes the number 1 to the Savior Jimmy G, you will think otherwise and I will be regretting this deal :)

12 team ppr

Team A gets Funchess, 1.05, '19 1st

Team B gets D Adams, 1.11

Different transaction, same league

Team A gets Doug Martin, '19 2nd

Team B gets 2.08

When Jeremy Hill becomes the next Corey Dillon or even Blount who can catch and Garcon becomes the number 1 to the Savior Jimmy G, you will think otherwise and I will be regretting this deal :)
I like Garcon and to some extent Hill, but I could see Hill not even making the team. I think Burkhead gets first crack at starting regardless.

menobrown said:
Speaking for myself it's more about being high on Cook then down on Adams.
As I stated in so many words not really the biggest fan of GB WR's since like post Cobb's 1st Season almost  But Rodgers is a Good QB and will be throwing to someone besides TE's and RB's  Guess there is a chance some Stud is brought in who can learn the system quickly  However, imho Adams is darn near must-start status at this time  Really my post was more based on " I'd like to unload Adams for a good return "  No idea what entails a good return   Now maybe I was thinking a bit negative and posted to quickly too  Meaning I wouldn't be willing to pay it  But I could see the justification 

On a side note,  I do agree with D. Cook!

P.S.  Sorry about earlier post  Think it was most met for newbies (not really needed)

12 team PPR with large rosters and large taxi squad. Salary cap of $500  IDP starting 6 IDPs (though the scoring is not weighted heavily, for example Demarcus Lawrence scored like 130)

Aaron Rodgers ($77)

for

Marcos Mariotta, 3.10, 3.11,  2019 1st (team is not good but has promise, though PROBABLY still non playoff),  and 2019 2nd (same team as the 1st)

This is the same league as the Demaryus Thomas deal recently posted, I am the team that dealt away both Thomas and Rodgers(coincidentally both to the same team).  The salary is not as huge of an issue as it looks.  I don't think anyone has EVER had to just outright cut a guy because of salary, but it does play a factor as I was well over the cap and had to make moves to get under.  

Still have Russell Wilson at QB which played a big role in this decision.  Really rooting for that 2019 1st to be somewhere in the 3-4 range

Gave: 2.5, Jeremy Hill, Garcon

Got: 2019 1 (mid), P. Richardson
I would actually think this was a solid deal if you had put the words (likely late) instead of (mid).  If that pick is late one next year, say 9-12 range this is a reasonable deal for both team, though still earlier than I'd have done it if I was going to go after 2.5.

Giving up pick 17 in the current, plus what I consider a small upgrade on talent, for a future pick in the 9-12 range for a draft that might not be as deep is a perfectly reasonable trade to me if worked out like that.

But why you won the trade today and I'd never do this if I was the other team is no way on earth am I giving up a mid second pre-draft for a potential high future pick. No way. I'd have to be OTC with a player I love to move into what I'd call consideration phase to do a trade like that. Not now.

12 Team PPR:

Gave: 2.9, Ross, Taywan Taylor

Got: Corey Coleman, 2.5
Coleman, 2.5

I easily could see one of Gordon/Coleman gone by end of the draft. See nothing but upside there with Coleman (given where his value is currently). Thought Ross was wildly overdrafted by the Bengals (JMO They reached big time as result of Corey Davis & Mike Williams going before their pick). If he's able to stay on the field, I think he's more of the best ball type (if he can even find his way as a WR). I do like Taylor but will have to be patient IMO with Matthews and Davis there.

I would actually think this was a solid deal if you had put the words (likely late) instead of (mid).  If that pick is late one next year, say 9-12 range this is a reasonable deal for both team, though still earlier than I'd have done it if I was going to go after 2.5.

Giving up pick 17 in the current, plus what I consider a small upgrade on talent, for a future pick in the 9-12 range for a draft that might not be as deep is a perfectly reasonable trade to me if worked out like that.

But why you won the trade today and I'd never do this if I was the other team is no way on earth am I giving up a mid second pre-draft for a potential high future pick. No way. I'd have to be OTC with a player I love to move into what I'd call consideration phase to do a trade like that. Not now.
The guy has been a playoff team for last 2 years so late is possible but I think 5-8 is more likely.

His key players:

Cam

Miller, Lewis, Foreman, Murray, Hill, White

Allen, Gordon, DIggs, Tate, Fitz, Garcon

Olsen

There are just some guys every year who mortgage the future because they want to get back in after they mortgaged the future the prior year.

No way you give a future 1st for that.....no way.

No way you give a future 1st for that.....no way.
Yes you do if it's a projected late one you are giving up and/or someone you view as worth a late one is OTC at pick 2.5. 

You all know that people don't usually give up a similar pick in what is considered a deep draft, and add a slight talent upgrade, so they can have the same pick the next year in a potentially worst class?  I mean if you are giving up pick 12 this year to get pick 12 next year you are doing this wrong. There should be an expectation of the pick you are giving up next year being better than the immediate pick you get to make this year and vice versa. In this case the posted team truly seems middling and that's not a risk I'd take giving up my future one for 2.5 unless there was a player sitting there I absolutely loved. If I thought I was giving up pick 10 next year for pick 17 this year that makes more sense, but I got to feel confident of that and have a player in mind when I make the deal.  I saw Kamara drop to #17 in a draft last year, not saying this in hindsight when I say this and  if I was in that draft I'd have paid my future first for that pick.  In the deep WR draft in 2014 I was OTC at 2.7 and someone offered me their future #1 and I took it. They took Allen Robinson who the had a top 12 overall grade on. These are the kinds of deals that make sense, OTC when you see a player you covet still kicking. 

I like Garcon and to some extent Hill, but I could see Hill not even making the team. I think Burkhead gets first crack at starting regardless.
These are my thoughts. He's a sell if you can get any kind of 2nd (maybe early 3rd). I'd hold if you can't get that equivalent.

In a 12t ppr 1.5 TE

Just today.

Was offered Kamara and Mike Evans for 1.1 and D Thomas.  I took it even though I really didn't want to give up Barkley
dumb.  Barkley needs like 5 straight 350 point seasons to justify that

14 teams, superflex, ppr, devy

Gave: 2.04/3.04

Got: R. Woods/3.07

The picks values are weighted down because it is a devy league, 2.04 is probably equal to 2.12 or something like that. I needed more WR depth and like Woods as a WR3/4. 

----------------------

12 teams, ppr, devy

Gave: JuJu, Guice, Devy 1.01

Got: C. Davis, Chubb, Devy 1.05

I overpaid slightly, imo. I have tons of JuJu and wanted to diversify into C. Davis. Guice and Chubb are awash in my eyes. whoever lands in the better spot during the draft will likely overtake the other. 

The picks values are weighted down because it is a devy league, 2.04 is probably equal to 2.12 or something like that. I needed more WR depth and like Woods as a WR3/4. 

----------------------

12 teams, ppr, devy

I overpaid slightly, imo. I have tons of JuJu and wanted to diversify into C. Davis. Guice and Chubb are awash in my eyes. whoever lands in the better spot during the draft will likely overtake the other. 
I like the first one, but not the second.

----------------------

12 teams, ppr, devy

Side getting woods in first. 

Guess I don't understand the second one. I'm in no way saying Davis doesn't have value, I actually really like him but I feel like most people right now have juju over him pretty easily, guice over Chubb and 1.1 or 1.5 so for value you gave all the best peices at this moment. Woulda thought with giving up those 3 decent peices you could have done more then diversify your young WR talent

Yes you do if it's a projected late one you are giving up and/or someone you view as worth a late one is OTC at pick 2.5. 

You all know that people don't usually give up a similar pick in what is considered a deep draft, and add a slight talent upgrade, so they can have the same pick the next year in a potentially worst class?  I mean if you are giving up pick 12 this year to get pick 12 next year you are doing this wrong. There should be an expectation of the pick you are giving up next year being better than the immediate pick you get to make this year and vice versa. In this case the posted team truly seems middling and that's not a risk I'd take giving up my future one for 2.5 unless there was a player sitting there I absolutely loved. If I thought I was giving up pick 10 next year for pick 17 this year that makes more sense, but I got to feel confident of that and have a player in mind when I make the deal.  I saw Kamara drop to #17 in a draft last year, not saying this in hindsight when I say this and  if I was in that draft I'd have paid my future first for that pick.  In the deep WR draft in 2014 I was OTC at 2.7 and someone offered me their future #1 and I took it. They took Allen Robinson who the had a top 12 overall grade on. These are the kinds of deals that make sense, OTC when you see a player you covet still kicking. 
....but Garcon and Hill?  What am I missing here.  You don't give a future 1st for Garcon unless you're one of those dynasty owners who quit the league after leaving the cupboard bare and old.

....but Garcon and Hill?  What am I missing here.  You don't give a future 1st for Garcon unless you're one of those dynasty owners who quit the league after leaving the cupboard bare and old.
I think all he's saying is it's fine to give up a future late-1st straight up for a current year mid-2nd if you have a loaded team and player you really like who you're targeting. Especially if you believe that the 2018 rookie class is deeper than the 2019 one will be. 

Which in the context of this trade would mean Garcon/Hill=Richardson and 2.05=2019 late 1st. 

I think all he's saying is it's fine to give up a future late-1st straight up for a current year mid-2nd if you have a loaded team and player you really like who you're targeting. Especially if you believe that the 2018 rookie class is deeper than the 2019 one will be. 

Which in the context of this trade would mean Garcon/Hill=Richardson and 2.05=2019 late 1st. 
Most would agree that Garcon isn't worth a future 1st regardless of the situation.  Hill is waiver wire material. 

Most would agree that Garcon isn't worth a future 1st regardless of the situation.  Hill is waiver wire material. 
Please re-read my post. I'm not sure how to make it clearer. Nobody is arguing this point.

People, myself included, are saying that the 2.05 in this trade isn't worth that much less than a future 1st (only if the 1st is guaranteed to be late), which has zero to do with Hill or Garcon.

Garcon/Hill is basically equal to Richardson. Garcon side probably worth a little more. 

Then it comes down to 2.05 vs. future 1st, which is what this discussion is about...

Please re-read my post. I'm not sure how to make it clearer. Nobody is arguing this point.

People, myself included, are saying that the 2.05 in this trade isn't worth that much less than a future 1st (only if the 1st is guaranteed to be late), which has zero to do with Hill or Garcon.

Garcon/Hill is basically equal to Richardson. Garcon side probably worth a little more. 

Then it comes down to 2.05 vs. future 1st, which is what this discussion is about...
Ok then, I'll rephrase my answer to, no way I trade a future 1st for the 2.05 regardless of what I thought this draft was compared to the future year.

Ok then, I'll rephrase my answer to, no way I trade a 2.05 for a future 1st regardless of what I thought this draft was compared to the future year.
I already gave a long winded reply, and gave examples, of situations where I would and that it makes sense. But right now this situation fits none of that criteria.

What I would say is there is no way I would ever trade 2.5 when I have zero idea who will be on the board.

Users who are viewing this thread