What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (28 Viewers)

Yeah, there will be lots of crow eating in this thread regarding Conner. But hey, I robbed him!

I thought you were the type of guy who would come back and toot his own horn. You still robbed him it doesn't matter what they do after, it is about the value at the time of the trade. . You robbed him at the time. It is going to work out for him? Sure looks like it, but keep making trades like that and you will miss more than you hit and end with very little talent on your roster.

msudaisy26 said:
I thought you were the type of guy who would come back and toot his own horn. You still robbed him it doesn't matter what they do after, it is about the value at the time of the trade. . You robbed him at the time. It is going to work out for him? Sure looks like it, but keep making trades like that and you will miss more than you hit and end with very little talent on your roster.
You type a lot of words, but sure don't say much that hasn't already been said repeatedly. 

12 team ppr te premium, not involved in either

Team A sends T Burton

Team B sends (3) 2019 2nds currently projected to be 1 mid and 2 late

Deal 2

Team A (same as team above) sends Ebron

Team C sends D. Foreman, 2019 2nd, currently projected very early

10 Team PPR

Team 1 gives: D. Freeman, C. Kupp and 2019 1.05

For

Team 2 gives:  K. Drake, C. Davis and 2019 2.04

The RB would be paired with McCaffrey and the WR would be a WR3 on Team 1 squad.  

I think Team 1 is assuming more of the risk here (despite better unproven talent); am I delusional here?

10 Team PPR

Team 1 gives: D. Freeman, C. Kupp and 2019 1.05

For

Team 2 gives:  K. Drake, C. Davis and 2019 2.04

The RB would be paired with McCaffrey and the WR would be a WR3 on Team 1 squad.  

I think Team 1 is assuming more of the risk here (despite better unproven talent); am I delusional here?
I think the pick is on the wrong side. I prefer the players in 1 to the players in 2, so the first rounder is just a bonus.

How do you know the 2019 draft order already?

I think the pick is on the wrong side. I prefer the players in 1 to the players in 2, so the first rounder is just a bonus.

How do you know the 2019 draft order already?
I agree that there is something missing from the Team 2 offer.  Re: Draft Order—purely speculation on my part, and could be different at year end, but likely not by more than a pick. 

Team A sends T Burton

Deal 2

TE premium? If not, holy rape Batman!

TE premium? If not, holy rape Batman!
yeah its 1.5 ppr for TE, can start up to 3

I am not a fan of either deal. But on opposite sides.

I think in this league Burton is possibly worth more. I also think outside of catastrophic injury, he would retain his value and could still be moved later. So I dont like moving him now personally. Side note* Team A Has ertz, so he doesnt NEED Burton, but still.

The other deal is just bad from team C but he just lost Walker this week and has no real depth. Not that Ebron is depth but his weekly upside is better than average by a lot.

yeah its 1.5 ppr for TE, can start up to 3

I am not a fan of either deal. But on opposite sides.

I think in this league Burton is possibly worth more. I also think outside of catastrophic injury, he would retain his value and could still be moved later. So I dont like moving him now personally. Side note* Team A Has ertz, so he doesnt NEED Burton, but still.

The other deal is just bad from team C but he just lost Walker this week and has no real depth. Not that Ebron is depth but his weekly upside is better than average by a lot.
I'm dropping Ebron for Eifert in 1 league.

Team A sends T Burton

Deal 2

With this scoring I would take Burton in the 1st one. I would take the pick in the 2nd

You'd give two 2nds to downgrade from Burton to Ebron?  That's my take on it, I don't care where those 2nds are "projected" to be because it's way, way too early to know that.

Not sure if this is directed at me but if so you are badly misquoting me.
Not intentionally, were you referring to something other than the trade here?  Because if you are, I added that that was my take on it, not necessarily your words/how you saw it.  Sorry, I guess I was just taking a bit of a circuitous route to make my point, didn't mean to pick at anything from you.

Not intentionally, were you referring to something other than the trade here?  Because if you are, I added that that was my take on it, not necessarily your words/how you saw it.  Sorry, I guess I was just taking a bit of a circuitous route to make my point, didn't mean to pick at anything from you.
No problem at all, just miscommunication and for sure on my end.

I was talking about the single trade of Ebron for Foreman and a 2. My comments were not looking at totality of trade or any part of the trade involving Burton.

No problem at all, just miscommunication and for sure on my end.

I was talking about the single trade of Ebron for Foreman and a 2. My comments were not looking at totality of trade or any part of the trade involving Burton.
Ok well i completely misread that post.  I thought it was Burton and three 2nd's (late) for Ebron, Foreman, and an early 2nd.  Those were two different trades haha.  My bad.

msudaisy26 said:
I respectfully disagree. Market value doesn't score fantasy points. Sometimes you have to surrender market value to get your guy. Maybe the new Conner owner just got lucky, or maybe he or she was just a step ahead of the rest of us. 

I respectfully disagree. Market value doesn't score fantasy points. Sometimes you have to surrender market value to get your guy. Maybe the new Conner owner just got lucky, or maybe he or she was just a step ahead of the rest of us. 
That is fine, but if you keep taking less than market value or paying more than market value you will have a bad team in the long run. 

Right but that's a different equation - it's about being right.  And I am a firm believer in that, I will frequently "overpay" for my guy.  But that doesn't change the fact that it's an overpay.  I could have traded Kareem Hunt for Phillip Lindsay and scored a bunch more points Sunday but it would still be terrible value for Hunt.

12 team PPR QRRWWWTF 

Team A gave: DJ Moore, Kenny Stills

Team B gave: Courtland Sutton, James Washington, 2019 3rd 

Last edited by a moderator:
Right but that's a different equation - it's about being right.  And I am a firm believer in that, I will frequently "overpay" for my guy.  But that doesn't change the fact that it's an overpay.  I could have traded Kareem Hunt for Phillip Lindsay and scored a bunch more points Sunday but it would still be terrible value for Hunt.
Conner is worth more than what the owner paid today,  a single game after the trade went down. Not sure your Hunt/Lindsay comparison holds up. 

Raback said:
12 team PPR QRRWWWTF 

Team A gave: DJ Moore, Kenny Stills

Team B gave: Courtland Sutton, James Washington, 2019 3rd 
Sutton, but I really, really like Stills and would do all I could to weasel out of giving him up and doing someone else in the same value territory instead.

Concept Coop said:
Conner is worth more than what the owner paid today,  a single game after the trade went down. Not sure your Hunt/Lindsay comparison holds up. 
I don't agree with your Conner part, but you help illustrate my point here - if Lindsay and Hunt keep this pattern up then yes, it will turn out "I was right".  Doesn't mean I got good value at the time of the trade though.  So now we're just moving the timeline but the result is the same.  At some date in the future any trade might turn out to look differently than it did on trade day - one day, 60 days, whenever.  Doesn't mean it wasn't robbery when it happened.

msudaisy26 said:
That is fine, but if you keep taking less than market value or paying more than market value you will have a bad team in the long run. 
Not true.  Market value changes. Taking less than market value for a guy whose market later drops well below what you took is a good deal.  Paying more than market value for a guy whose value goes up beyond what you paid is a good deal.  It's hard to predict market value, but if you do it right you profit. 

The guy who sold Calvin Johnson for a little less than market value when he turned 29 is really happy he did so... 

Not true.  Market value changes. Taking less than market value for a guy whose market later drops well below what you took is a good deal.  Paying more than market value for a guy whose value goes up beyond what you paid is a good deal.  It's hard to predict market value, but if you do it right you profit. 

The guy who sold Calvin Johnson for a little less than market value when he turned 29 is really happy he did so... 
It is difficult to be right enough to do that. I bet the guy that sold Larry Fitzgerald cheaply at 29 is regretting it. 

I don't agree with your Conner part, but you help illustrate my point here - if Lindsay and Hunt keep this pattern up then yes, it will turn out "I was right".  Doesn't mean I got good value at the time of the trade though.  So now we're just moving the timeline but the result is the same.  At some date in the future any trade might turn out to look differently than it did on trade day - one day, 60 days, whenever.  Doesn't mean it wasn't robbery when it happened.
The time needed to bridge the gap in value acts as a measure of said gap in value. It wasn’t robbery if it took a single game to bridge that gap. It would take a whole lot more than things breaking right for a week for Lindsay to bridge the gap between he and Hunt. 

I won my favorite league for the first time last year, in large part by “getting robbed” while acquiring Kamara. I don’t think the other owner finds any comfort knowing he robbed me at the time. I know I don’t lose any sleep knowing I paid 35% of his current value, wondering if I could have paid 25%, as the market would have suggested.

Maybe it was a bad trade and the owner got lucky. Or maybe they were displaying some foresight.

It is difficult to be right enough to do that. I bet the guy that sold Larry Fitzgerald cheaply at 29 is regretting it. 
I disagree.  That assumes the market is efficient, and the dynasty market is wildly inefficient at times.  

Look at Jerick McKinnons obviously inflated market value this off-season.  There was plenty of room between actual value and market value for you to sell below market value and get a return above actual value. 

I just sold Julio below market value.  Had to overpay a little based on market value to get Michael Thomas, and Julio was part of the package.  I'm pretty sure this is going to be a good move based on where market value for Julio and Thomas will be in a year and in 2 years... Could be wrong, but Julio's age will impact market his value very negatively even if he doesn't retire. 

Hankmoody said:
You'd give two 2nds to downgrade from Burton to Ebron?  That's my take on it, I don't care where those 2nds are "projected" to be because it's way, way too early to know that.
Unless I'm misreading the original trade it looks like the same team is sending away both Burton and Ebron, not acquiring either.

Market value is what someone will pay, not what you “think” it is.

We kind of forget that in FF sometimes.

and that we also have a limited market to actually trade in (11 other teams) as opposed to the dynasty universe.
This is absolutely true.

In a 10 team Superflex, where i went to the finals last year with an old(er) roster, i realized i needed to kick off a mini-rebuild.

I am trying to trade Philip Rivers, who can still be a QB1 this year and unfortunately my options of which contending teams could use him are very limited.  This is sadly going to force me to deal him for less than I would like, but i am not sure what else i can do.  Trying to be patient, but having him on my roster right now is also limiting my chances at drafting 1.1.

Just sharing as an example of what you described Doc.

16 team, PPR, start QRWWWTFF plus IDP

A few trades

Godwin, Chris TBB WR for a 2nd, probably pick 24-30

Martinez, Blake GBP LB for jones, Deion ATL LB

Mayfield, Baker CLE QB;McKinnon, Jerick SFO RB;James, Jesse PIT TE for Brees, Drew NOS QB;Crowell, Isaiah NYJ RB;Cook, Jared OAK TE

Lindsay, Phillip DEN RB for Grant, Corey JAC RB;Chark, D.J. JAC WR;Fowler, Dante JAC DE

Adrian Peterson for a 4th

Martinez, Blake GBP LB for Smith, Alex WAS QB;  2020 Round 3 Draft Pick, 2019 Round 6 Draft Pick 

12 team .5 ppr qrrwwffd. Was strong at rb, weak at wr, and lost Delanie.

gave: 2019 3rd

got: Robert woods

gave: breida

got: Jimmy graham

gave: Eifert/Delanie

got: Lockett 

Weird trade unless the guy just really need to clear a roster spot. Godwin was a second round pick in rookie drafts who showed some flashes last year and has a chance to shine now (and had a good Week 1).
The guy trading him away just took over the team so he might either not like Godwin or just wants to build.

and that we also have a limited market to actually trade in (11 other teams) as opposed to the dynasty universe.
This is why I have moved almost exclusively to large leagues.  My original dynasty league is 12 teams, but I learned quickly that my strength was at trading.

In order to maximize my victims, I'm now in 18-team single copy, 24-team dual copy, 32-team dual copy, 32-team single copy and a cluster#### 96-team 6-copy league.

Users who are viewing this thread