What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (28 Viewers)

I know some win now guys still really value Julio, I mean he is elite, but I think more savvy dynasty owners know the cliff is coming soon. I'm not sure he'll bring a 1st round in trade by this time next year. I was honestly a little surprised by the deal but happy to take it. 
JuJu went before Julio in most redraft leagues last season - or very close to the same spot. It took one of the worst QB situations in the league to ruin his season so Julio isn’t even really a “win now” upgrade. This was a pretty terrible trade for the other side.

JuJu went before Julio in most redraft leagues last season - or very close to the same spot.
Most? You sure about that? I've yet to see it myself and have been in 5 drafts and have had friends share several others with me and in none of those drafts has JuJu been within a round of Julio, with Julio going first. In FFPC best balls right now it's a 22 pick difference. And yea, JuJu is way better value 22 picks later then Julio and way more valuable in dynasty but I'm not seeing what you are saying here.

ETA-I'm sorry you said last season. I just caught that, but not sure what last season has to do with this season and how they are currently looked at for immediate value.

I know some win now guys still really value Julio, I mean he is elite, but I think more savvy dynasty owners know the cliff is coming soon. I'm not sure he'll bring a 1st round in trade by this time next year. I was honestly a little surprised by the deal but happy to take it. 
My favorite trade I've made this offseason was dealing Julio/Bell/2.4 for 1.3/1.4.

So our trades were kind of similar but since I value 1.1/JuJu over 1.3/1.4 and while I like  Lindsay a little more then 2.4 it sure is not making up that difference and I think you did better for sure and like I said that was my favorite trade I've pulled this offseason. Like you I was surprised the guy did it. After we did our trade about a week later he gave a future first for Mark Ingram. Now it seems obvious to me. He took over a orphan team in FFPC and seems like he's going to go all in for a year or two and likely bail.  Can't help but think that's similar mindset of person doing this deal with you.

Last edited by a moderator:
ETA-I'm sorry you said last season. I just caught that, but not sure what last season has to do with this season and how they are currently looked at for immediate value.
You really can’t see the point I was making? 

When Big Ben was expected to be his QB  before last season people valued their current production closely. Redrafters are very fickle and most base their draft on what happened last season - which in the case of JuJu is probably shortsighted since he suffered as a result of horrific QB play. Ben will be back this season. 

So yes I still don’t think Julio v JuJu in a “win now” scenario for this upcoming season favors Julio much if at all. And from a dynasty perspective there’s a clear winner.

You really can’t see the point I was making? 

When Big Ben was expected to be his QB  before last season people valued their current production closely. Redrafters are very fickle and most base their draft on what happened last season - which in the case of JuJu is probably shortsighted since he suffered as a result of horrific QB play. Ben will be back this season. 

So yes I still don’t think Julio v JuJu in a “win now” scenario for this upcoming season favors Julio much if at all. And from a dynasty perspective there’s a clear winner.
I see the point you are trying to make but do you not see that people don't value them the same for redraft and with respect to trying win now don't you see why that matters?  And FWIW last year I rarely saw JuJu go over Julio last year, was close but rarely saw him go ahead of Julio. Ben's now 38, coming off a major surgery and the question of if JuJu can operate without AB taking away the attention still hangs over a lot of people. So whether you think they are the same or not this year that's not the consensus.

So yea, JuJu might be better then Julio next season, won't shock many people, but right now that's not what people are banking on when they are drafting and it's not what I think is going go happen either. To be clear I think Julio is the better play next year but not so much that you sacrifice the massive age gap. That's not even close. But it still stands that if the person did this trade to win now then Julio over JuJu helps that cause in my opinion and opinion of most people as the massive ADP gap suggests.

I don't even think you focused on the right parts of this trade to analyze the win now angle.  My guess right now is the RB I can get at 1.1 has a bigger gap in scoring vs Bell then Julio has over JuJu.

I see the point you are trying to make but do you not see that people don't value them the same for redraft and with respect to trying win now don't you see why that matters?  And FWIW last year I rarely saw JuJu go over Julio last year, was close but rarely saw him go ahead of Julio. Ben's now 38, coming off a major surgery and the question of if JuJu can operate without AB taking away the attention still hangs over a lot of people. So whether you think they are the same or not this year that's not the consensus.

So yea, JuJu might be better then Julio next season, won't shock many people, but right now that's not what people are banking on when they are drafting and it's not what I think is going go happen either. To be clear I think Julio is the better play next year but not so much that you sacrifice the massive age gap. That's not even close. But it still stands that if the person did this trade to win now then Julio over JuJu helps that cause in my opinion and opinion of most people as the massive ADP gap suggests.

I don't even think you focused on the right parts of this trade to analyze the win now angle.  My guess right now is the RB I can get at 1.1 has a bigger gap in scoring vs Bell then Julio has over JuJu.
I only brought up Julio in that post because of the post I was responding to (look up) mentioned how “win now” teams value Julio. 

But in my original post when I said I’m not even sure it’s a “win now” trade I also considered the very real possibility that the 1.01 outproduces Bell. And while I like Lindsay he’s not really a difference maker.

Dr. Octopus said:
I only brought up Julio in that post because of the post I was responding to (look up) mentioned how “win now” teams value Julio. 

But in my original post when I said I’m not even sure it’s a “win now” trade I also considered the very real possibility that the 1.01 outproduces Bell. And while I like Lindsay he’s not really a difference maker.
It looks more like a “new owner” type trade than an “any sort of strategy” type deal.

Dreamer said:
Traded Calvin Ridley, Brees, Mostert and Zach Pascal for Davante Adams and Tom Brady.
You got the best player, but I think other owner got the best deal/value BUT...I'm really big on Mostert, and if you aren't then it probably looks great for your side. 

Dreamer said:
Traded Calvin Ridley, Brees, Mostert and Zach Pascal for Davante Adams and Tom Brady.
This is a steal...Adams is easily the best player in this deal...anytime you can nibble around the edges of your roster and get a stud you'll take it...I don't see what the other owner is thinking here at all...I like Ridley but he should not be the centerpiece of a deal this big, he should be around the second best player that is coming back for Adams...due to his age Brees has limited dynasty value (and is on a similar career timeline as Brady so he doesn't even improve in that area) while Mostert and Pacal are complete wildcards who could both be on their team's bench by mid-season this season...you need far more definitive assets and/or draft picks if you are dealing a legit stud like Adams...this deal really doesn't make sense to me at all...

This is a steal...Adams is easily the best player in this deal...anytime you can nibble around the edges of your roster and get a stud you'll take it...I don't see what the other owner is thinking here at all...I like Ridley but he should not be the centerpiece of a deal this big, he should be around the second best player that is coming back for Adams...due to his age Brees has limited dynasty value (and is on a similar career timeline as Brady so he doesn't even improve in that area) while Mostert and Pacal are complete wildcards who could both be on their team's bench by mid-season this season...you need far more definitive assets and/or draft picks if you are dealing a legit stud like Adams...this deal really doesn't make sense to me at all...
Other owners team is thin, and he was high on Ridley and Mostert.

Other owners team is thin, and he was high on Ridley and Mostert.
While Mostert looked fantastic last year he is a 27 year old RB that you probably picked-up on waivers last year...I have zero issues with him being thrown in but if he does not duplicate something that literally came out of nowhere last season this guy is screwed...as stated above there is just way too much room for error in this deal...

I've been trying to move Mostert - his market is not very robust.
Shanahan is such a wildcard with RBs that it would be taking a big chance to add him prior to the draft and free agency...once those things settle down (as well as Breida's status) there may be more of a market for him but gotta believe it's tough not being suspect of him regardless of how good he looked last year. 

I've been trying to move Mostert - his market is not very robust.
Very true. But I don't think people listened to Shanny late in the year. He made it clear Mostert deserved to be the starter and was so happy/proud of him. The kid ran for 6 yards per carry. I think the job is his until he blows it or gets injured. A great buy low IMO. 

Very true. But I don't think people listened to Shanny late in the year. He made it clear Mostert deserved to be the starter and was so happy/proud of him. The kid ran for 6 yards per carry. I think the job is his until he blows it or gets injured. A great buy low IMO. 
I agree that he is a nice buy low...the issue here is in a move for a stud like Adams he is not being bought low.

And then he rushed Coleman 22 times in the divisional round of the playoffs.  Coleman was also well on his way to a similar usage in the Conference round until he dislocated his shoulder early (after 6 carries already). 

The SF backfield is a crapshoot.  There will be no singular guy unless others get injured.  You will have to guess which guy will get the majority of the work.  They do not have a the same lead runner each game. 

I just traded David Johnson and a 2nd for Hopkins and a 4th.

It was a really difficult decision because DJ was probably my 4th best RB, and I really like this draft and giving up a second was tough, but I think I got decent value in Hopkins.

Thoughts?

It was a really difficult decision because DJ was probably my 4th best RB, and I really like this draft and giving up a second was tough, but I think I got decent value in Hopkins.

Thoughts?
Veto

Minor, but gave up Fitzgerald for a 2021 3rd rounder in my 12 team PPR dynasty. Nuk should bury what little value he had left. 

12 team ppr

Team A gave up Hockenson, T.J. DET

Team B  gave up Hurst, Hayden BAL TE
Gotta go with Hockenson here...he is 4 years younger and while his rookie year was nothing special he is only a year removed from being a very highly regarded prospect who was drafted #8 overall...due to that I would still like to see what he looks like this year...I assume this deal went down right after Hurst got traded...right?

Thoughts?
I do not believe this was a really difficult decision.

Reasons?  I thought it was bad but the worst trade offer seems a bit extreme.
Because Barkley is still a top 5 fantasy asset and Goedert is ascendant in a position scarce of talent.

Carson is coming off major injury and is just okay. Jones is a zero. Waller takes a hit with Witten coming to town. 

So it's a bunch of meh and the 1.3 for two studs. Gross.

Because Barkley is still a top 5 fantasy asset and Goedert is ascendant in a position scarce of talent.

Carson is coming off major injury and is just okay. Jones is a zero. Waller takes a bit with Witten coming to town. 

So it's a bunch of meh and the 1.3 for two studs. Gross.
I thought it was bad and posted about it.  Goedert just isn't there yet with Ertz there, I didn't see the Witten thing yet though, and the one guy thinks Jones can be a RB1 with TB12 there but I think they go get another RB in FA/draft anyways.

I thought it was bad and posted about it.  Goedert just isn't there yet with Ertz there, I didn't see the Witten thing yet though, and the one guy thinks Jones can be a RB1 with TB12 there but I think they go get another RB in FA/draft anyways.
I'm on record as saying it's a horrible trade because I think Barkely and CMC are in a tier by themselves. I would in fact take Barkley 1.1 in a startup without a second thought.

But for me I put close to zero stock in used up Witten bringing down Waller. As for Jones I think it's silly to trade for him because you think Brady can make him a RB1 when Brady is far from guaranteed to sign with Tampa.  If that's the reason it's dumb. I actually think Jones showed quite well last year behind that stinky OL and has legit breakout potential if he gets a shot, but basing in on Brady when he's not signed is foolish and of course if they get Gordon/Gurley or draft a RB high he probably won't get a shot either. He's hold on the job is so shaky he's just not the kind of RB you pay much for right now, got to let FA and draft sort out and then go after him if you like him.

I'm on record as saying it's a horrible trade because I think Barkely and CMC are in a tier by themselves. I would in fact take Barkley 1.1 in a startup without a second thought.

But for me I put close to zero stock in used up Witten bringing down Waller. As for Jones I think it's silly to trade for him because you think Brady can make him a RB1 when Brady is far from guaranteed to sign with Tampa.  If that's the reason it's dumb. I actually think Jones showed quite well last year behind that stinky OL and has legit breakout potential if he gets a shot, but basing in on Brady when he's not signed is foolish and of course if they get Gordon/Gurley or draft a RB high he probably won't get a shot either. He's hold on the job is so shaky he's just not the kind of RB you pay much for right now, got to let FA and draft sort out and then go after him if you like him.
Totally agreed on Jones.  I read TB12 to TB is all but done.  But that is per someone in TB.

Users who are viewing this thread