What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (7 Viewers)

Helaire-ious said:
Someone just stole Zeke in my PPR league. This might be borderline veto worthy or, at least, up for worst trade of the year. These 2 teams keep doing deals together. These 2 teams did the recent Barkley deal I just posted too. Collusion?

Team A gave Zeke & 2021 1.03

Team B gave Sutton, Haskins, Ruggs, 2022 3rd, Two 2021 4ths & 2022 2nd
I don't veto very often (never so far in my Dynasty league) at all but think I might have to here.  All of that hot garbage isn't really worth Zeke or 1.3 but definitely not both.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't veto very often (never so far in my Dynasty league) at all but think I might have to here.  All of that hot garbage isn't really worth Zeke or 1.3 but definitely not both.
I don't think you veto but it's worth asking the guy to give his thoughts on why he thought this made his team better in some way.  Just a simple open discussion to feel it.  If you can tell there is no good answer and collusion is going on then you start thinking about a veto. 

Just for the record here I would give serious consideration to the other side for Zeke straight up. The 1.03 is a different story and the combo is crazy. I'm not a huge Ruggs or Sutton fan but I would caution that some of these veto comments scream "overvaluing Zeke and undervaluing Ruggs and Sutton". Don't get me wrong I don't love the other side vs just Zeke but I don't think it is crazy or that far off. 

I don't think you veto but it's worth asking the guy to give his thoughts on why he thought this made his team better in some way.  Just a simple open discussion to feel it.  If you can tell there is no good answer and collusion is going on then you start thinking about a veto. 
I asked for his thoughts yesterday & he never replied. Today, I reversed it & then he said "blow me" & he's not paying for the league. No wonder he has been making these deals & did not pay his dues yet. He's no longer in the league after that.

I asked for his thoughts yesterday & he never replied. Today, I reversed it & then he said "blow me" & he's not paying for the league. No wonder he has been making these deals & did not pay his dues yet. He's no longer in the league after that.
This is why I think before there is any overturn actual discussion is needed.  Just overturning with no explanation can be overblown and cause this exact thing to happen.  Communication is always key and necessary.  It's a shame it came to that.

This is why I think before there is any overturn actual discussion is needed.  Just overturning with no explanation can be overblown and cause this exact thing to happen.  Communication is always key and necessary.  It's a shame it came to that.
I explained why I did it. He did that bs AFTERWARDS. He had since yesterday to reply to me as well & never did, but magically does now? Nope. Seriously considering the other 1 or 2 big deals he just did w/that same other owner now. Can't have a crap team for the next guy

Strongly recommend altering your charter so this isn't a thing.

I don't blame you at all.  If it was just for one, then I would have let it go but for both was just ridiculous.  With no response, he got what he deserved then.  Your league is better off without him.

FFPC SuperFlex

I gave Woods, Thielen
I got Hurts, B Edwards, 2022 3rd, Kelley, Perine

Continuing my tear down. Now I have a QB that isn't named Ben. 

I explained why I did it. He did that bs AFTERWARDS. He had since yesterday to reply to me as well & never did, but magically does now? Nope. Seriously considering the other 1 or 2 big deals he just did w/that same other owner now. Can't have a crap team for the next guy
I'd reverse them if they even sniffed of imbalance.

Standard 12 team PPR. Not a Superflex or TE Premium. 1 RB start.

Curtis Samuel and 2021 4.10

For

Sam Darnold, 2021 1.12 and 3.12 

FFPC SuperFlex

I gave Woods, Thielen
I got Hurts, B Edwards, 2022 3rd, Kelley, Perine

Continuing my tear down. Now I have a QB that isn't named Ben. 
Initially thought you could have gotten more for both Woods and Thielen. Especially from a win now team, but wondered what other QB you could have received in this type of deal (maybe Mayfield). It's a gamble for Hurts, but it could end up being a home run. I think this is a pretty good trade for a team trying to offload aging veterans for younger players. But a very good chance that neither Hurts or Edwards ever amounts to anything. 

12 team SF PPR IDP

gave: 1.02, ‘22 1st

got: AJ brown, 2.12
Interesting deal...as an AJ Brown owner I would pass, it's not worth the risk...just looking at this deal (i.e. not future deals based off of obtaining those picks), for this deal to make sense you need to absolutely hit on both picks (and I mean hit big time)...for the 1.2 the best case scenario is probably equal to Brown so for this deal to make sense you have to hit on that pick and have that other #1 (which you don't know where it will land) be a decent amount better than the 2.12...so, while there is an path to this deal working out if it doesn't end in a best case scenario you have traded a 23 year stud that only appears to getting better...I just don't see the need to take that risk with such a valuable asset.

Interesting deal...as an AJ Brown owner I would pass, it's not worth the risk...just looking at this deal (i.e. not future deals based off of obtaining those picks), for this deal to make sense you need to absolutely hit on both picks (and I mean hit big time)...for the 1.2 the best case scenario is probably equal to Brown so for this deal to make sense you have to hit on that pick and have that other #1 (which you don't know where it will land) be a decent amount better than the 2.12...so, while there is an path to this deal working out if it doesn't end in a best case scenario you have traded a 23 year stud that only appears to getting better...I just don't see the need to take that risk with such a valuable asset.
Or you’re loaded at WR and REALLY need a RB. 

Or you’re loaded at WR and REALLY need a RB. 
That could be a scenario but if I was in that situation I might be targeting someone with a little more of a track record to limit the bust factor or trying to turn it into two RBs somehow (i.e. 1.2 and a quality RB instead of the pick)

That could be a scenario but if I was in that situation I might be targeting someone with a little more of a track record to limit the bust factor or trying to turn it into two RBs somehow (i.e. 1.2 and a quality RB instead of the pick)
If he takes Etienne at 1.2 it was a mistake.  If he takes either Chase or Williams it wasn't.

I love Chase but why roll the dice on him if you already have AJB?
It takes more than AJB.  Dynasty is all about acquiring stud assets, not drafting for need and taking a lesser player.  I personally like Javonte Williams more than Etienne.  I have the 1.03 in one league and need RBs bad, but I will pass on Etienne and take either Chase or Williams, whichever falls to me.  Same league as Boone22.

That future 1st should be able to accomplish this or go a really long way towards it. The list of vet RBs I would take over 1.02 is pretty small but notable. Those guys aren't going for the 1.02 though, so who would you be buying? A lesser vet that still holds some value like Zeke? Maybe. If I had WR depth this would be a slam dunk trade for me.

That future 1st should be able to accomplish this or go a really long way towards it. The list of vet RBs I would take over 1.02 is pretty small but notable. Those guys aren't going for the 1.02 though, so who would you be buying? A lesser vet that still holds some value like Zeke? Maybe. If I had WR depth this would be a slam dunk trade for me.
For me as a Brown owner it is an easy no...unless you nail both those picks you have given up one of the top assets in all of fantasy...if I am that loaded at WR I will deal one of the other guys to fix my RB position.

For me as a Brown owner it is an easy no...unless you nail both those picks you have given up one of the top assets in all of fantasy...if I am that loaded at WR I will deal one of the other guys to fix my RB position.
But just one of those picks could equal or surpass AJB. I'm just not seeing eye to eye on notion you need to nail them both.

AJ Brown is one of the best players in the NFL.

In PPR fantasy last year, with ELEVEN touchdowns, he was around the 13th best receiver.

That's because he plays for the Titans and will continue to for a long long time.

I would take the two picks in this trade.

Could is the key word.  If they surpass AJB, it won't likely be by much.  Too much risk for me.
Sure a lot of things could happen but my main point is you don't have to hit both picks. To me this is exactly the kind of reward that justifies the risk, and to me the risk is not that high because while AJB may be one of the best young WR's in the game he's pretty far from some type of league winner.

When I look at trades, I'm keeping an eye on what it does to my starting roster. Others feel like they "win" the trade if they get the better player.

If I believe that I can improve on Player X by more than I might lose by trading Brown for the 1.2 then I'll do the deal.

It has a lot to do with risk tolerance too. The key word above is "believe". IOW how strong is my belief. So the equation looks like this in my head:

If

Belief(1.02 + 2022 1st) > AJ Brown + Player X

Then

Make the trade

End-if

And since I know the value of 1.2 equals Chase or Harris, this looks like something I'd do.

But just one of those picks could equal or surpass AJB. I'm just not seeing eye to eye on notion you need to nail them both.
My point is the chance of whoever is selected at either pick surpassing AJB as a Dynasty asset is very slim...could the pick turn into a CMAC?  Sure, but the odds are very much in favor of that not happening...that is why when I look at this deal I feel hitting on both picks is the likely path to success...my overall point is I just don't see the need to take the risk for how I value AJB...now, if you are not that high on him than this deal makes far more sense.

Sure a lot of things could happen but my main point is you don't have to hit both picks. To me this is exactly the kind of reward that justifies the risk, and to me the risk is not that high because while AJB may be one of the best young WR's in the game he's pretty far from some type of league winner.
I guess it comes down to current roster construction and risk tolerance.  Maybe its just that I've been burned plenty by "can't miss prospects" that I'd rather take the sure thing.  Especially if the sure thing is a 23 year old stud.  Now if the 22 1st ends up top 1-3, I'd see this as a win.

I'd reverse them if they even sniffed of imbalance.
Couldn’t disagree more. Just go back to last year’s thread to see how flawed this line of thought is. I am guessing over half the trades that are thought of as imbalanced actually end up a good deal for team that the community thinks got fleeced.

Glad my AJB trade generated so much debate haha. For what it’s worth, I also had 1.01, and felt that my team needed a true WR1, which led to my deciding to make the trade. Appreciate all the thoughts!

My point is the chance of whoever is selected at either pick surpassing AJB as a Dynasty asset is very slim...
Not at 1.02 it isn't. The future 1st is thinner but still decent. I think the word 'slim' is doing a lot of heavy lifting when we consider top WR/RB on the board over the years. I think the odds are quite good that the 1.02 will meet AJ Brown as a dynasty asset. Exceed? Might be asking a lot. The future 1st and if there is a need at RB, makes this easy. If I didn't have a need at RB I would have a hard time moving Brown for this. I don't think it is crazy to prefer the Brown side but I don't think the risk of the 1.02 should be much of a factor in it.

I mostly agree but you're not factoring in any of the risk with AJ Brown here.  He's a great player but he's already valued like a top 3 fantasy WR even though he's yet to put up numbers anywhere close to that.  Obviously that doesn't mean he never will but when a guy is being valued in a position that he's never come close to finishing in, that is risk.

The Tenn excuse is easy but Tannehill threw for 4000 yards and 33 TDs last year.  How much better do we think that is going to get in the near future in Tenn?  

I love AJB and have him valued super highly but we have to acknowledge that there is risk in him never taking that next step to being a truly elite WR.  He's not a super high volume guy like Hopkins or Diggs so he's probably not going to get his points with 120 receptions, which means to be an elite top 3 WR he's gotta put up yardage/TD numbers like Tyreek Hill and needless to say there are fewer yards and TDs to go around in his offense than Hill's.

My point is the chance of whoever is selected at either pick surpassing AJB as a Dynasty asset is very slim...could the pick turn into a CMAC?  Sure, but the odds are very much in favor of that not happening...that is why when I look at this deal I feel hitting on both picks is the likely path to success...my overall point is I just don't see the need to take the risk for how I value AJB...now, if you are not that high on him than this deal makes far more sense.
Again the thing being overlooked here is 1.02 passing AJB in dynasty value because AJB's value potentially dips as well.

AJB is currently dynasty WR5 with a startup ADP of 2.01.

Just a mere 2 years ago in 2019 here are the dynasty WRs with startup ADP of 1.11-2.05

1.11 Mike Evans
1.12 Odell Beckham
2.1 JuJu Smith-Schuster
2.2 Amari Cooper
2.3 Chris Godwin
2.5 DJ Moore

ALL of them have dropped significantly in value since then.  And that's despite pretty much all of them having already put up a better season in the NFL than AJB has so far.

Now I feel that AJB is different than all those guys and will be a stud going forward, but the risk that is not the case is being SEVERELY downplayed here.  AJB is not a lock top 5 WR for the rest of his career.  He is very, very far from that at this point.

I mostly agree but you're not factoring in any of the risk with AJ Brown here.  He's a great player but he's already valued like a top 3 fantasy WR even though he's yet to put up numbers anywhere close to that.  Obviously that doesn't mean he never will but when a guy is being valued in a position that he's never come close to finishing in, that is risk.

The Tenn excuse is easy but Tannehill threw for 4000 yards and 33 TDs last year.  How much better do we think that is going to get in the near future in Tenn?  

I love AJB and have him valued super highly but we have to acknowledge that there is risk in him never taking that next step to being a truly elite WR.  He's not a super high volume guy like Hopkins or Diggs so he's probably not going to get his points with 120 receptions, which means to be an elite top 3 WR he's gotta put up yardage/TD numbers like Tyreek Hill and needless to say there are fewer yards and TDs to go around in his offense than Hill's.
I think his numbers take a nice leap this year...what he did last year was very impressive when you factor in he played a good portion of the year pretty banged up...IMO there was zero doubt he was hurting in a big way the last part of the year and the fact he gutted it out was a big plus for me...also, Davis and Jonnu will be gone and with their defensive holes it will be interesting to see what they add to the WR/TE units.

Again the thing being overlooked here is 1.02 passing AJB in dynasty value because AJB's value potentially dips as well.

Just a mere 2 years ago in 2019 here are the dynasty WRs with startup ADP of 1.11-2.05

1.11 Mike Evans
1.12 Odell Beckham
2.1 JuJu Smith-Schuster
2.2 Amari Cooper
2.3 Chris Godwin
2.5 DJ Moore

ALL of them have dropped significantly in value since then.  And that's despite pretty much all of them having already put up a better season in the NFL than AJB has so far.

Now I feel that AJB is different than all those guys and will be a stud going forward, but the risk that is not the case is being SEVERELY downplayed here.  AJB is not a lock top 5 WR for the rest of his career.  He is very, very far from that at this point.
I hear you but I would have made the proposed deal for all of those guys except Beckham at that point of their career...which does show the potential downside but IMO Beckham is due to the head not the talent and right now I don't see that with Brown...it appears I value AJB more than everyone else...I just see insane physical traits that are rarely seen.

I hear you but I would have made the proposed deal for all of those guys except Beckham at that point of their career...which does show the potential downside but IMO Beckham is due to the head not the talent and right now I don't see that with Brown...it appears I value AJB more than everyone else...I just see insane physical traits that are rarely seen.
He is a monster but is he ever going to be Antonio Brown, D-Hop, Adams, Megatron, Hill type?  Especially in that offense?  I highly doubt it.  I wouldn't take just 1.2 for him straight up but another 1st for the last pick in the 2nd in a SF league makes it worth it for me.

Also, there is no way Tenn lets Davis & Smith walk and doesn't replace them with someone putting up stats so I doubt that affects him Brown much.

I probably like AJB as much as you, and have him as a top 3 dynasty WR personally.  But I am just being realistic here.  The argument being presented is that he was a locked in stud and the only way 1.02 could end up more valuable than him is if the 1.02 became CMC.  That just isn't reality.  There are a lot of non-CMC rookies from the last few years that are worth more than JuJu or Godwin now, even though those guys a couple years ago were valued as highly as AJB is now.

If anything his lack of high reception volume makes him an even tougher guy to assume will be locked in as a top 3 guy because in the modern NFL most of the consistently top 3 fantasy WRs are 100+ catch guys.

1.11 Mike Evans
1.12 Odell Beckham
2.1 JuJu Smith-Schuster
2.2 Amari Cooper
2.3 Chris Godwin
2.5 DJ Moore

Understood, but we also need to look at the 1.02 pick over the last couple years.  Using Mike Tagliere (Fantasy Pros) as freely accessible, here are is rankings:

2020 - Johnathon Taylor (2020)

2019 - David Montgomery (2019)

2018 - Sony Michel (2018)

2017 - Leonard Fournette (2017)

Users who are viewing this thread