Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

****OFFICIAL 2021 OFF- SEASON DYNASTY TRADES****

34 minutes ago, barackdhouse said:

This makes my head spin. Haha. Ok I'm trying to figure this out and I think I have to go with the picks side. If that side needs a RB that bad I think I would much rather take one at 1.01 than move for Chubb.

If the bigger motivating factor is to get a difference maker in Hill, then I'm not sure how much I love him more than Godwin *or* Robinson individually. I do like Hill a bit more than each of those guys, but again not sure the gap justifies the cost. I guess I'll say it isn't terrible but if I were a Hill owner that had to have him "pried away from me", this would probably do it. Chase at 1.01 isn't out of the question as a grand slam either BTW.

I am not involved.  It was a recent startup so all teams pretty equal.  T. Hill, Chubb helps the one team compete now.  the picks side plus Godwin, Robinson makes that team WR heavy and still in contention.

• Like 1
  • Replies 32.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• menobrown

• One More Rep

• barackdhouse

• FreeBaGeL

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No, they won't accept

It's a bit much to say the trade should be overturned. It's just a bunch of junk for a bunch of junk.

You mean it went down in a league you used to be in??  I’d go ful Vontae Davis on that league asap 

19 hours ago, barackdhouse said:

FFPC not involved:

Team A gives 1.02

Team G gives 1.05, 2022 1st and 2nd

ETA no idea why I typed G instead of B

I'd lean the 1.5 side but absolutely see this closer right now then most opinions.

I think of stuff like last year were I gave 3/8 for 1.1 after the NFL draft. Was that trade a mistake on my part? Hell yes but that's not the point. The point is I paid it, and the guy with 1.1 actually turned me down before two days later changing his mind and I'd argue I paid more to move up less. So again when I think about the trade in that context I sure don't think it's that bad, and certainly not if those 2022 picks end up later either.

7 hours ago, barackdhouse said:

There is a team in one my FFPC leagues that I didn't quite notice existed in this state. I just bought into that league myself recently. It is one of the worst FFPC teams I have ever seen and they just did this:

Team A gives Mack
Team B gives Crowder, 3.11

I haven't said which side of this the team falls on so I'll wait for maybe a couple responses, but leaving out the trade pieces his players are: Lock, J Wilson, Edmonds, Lindsay, Bell, DJ, Mostert, Hunt, Carson, Julio, A Brown, Tonyan, K and D. They only have two 2022 5ths and one 6th. Not counting the 3.11 going in the direction it did, they have two current 4ths for 2021 draft capital. Ugh IDK. 

Free Crowder and 3.11.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, NE_REVIVAL said:

FFPC not involved

Team A Gets:

Evans, Mike 
2021 Pick 5.03

Team B Gets:
Thomas, Logan
Snell, Benny
Ruggs, Henry
Team Defense, WAS 
2021 Pick 2.10

Team B took over orphan and been very aggressive in making deals and I give him an "A" for effort so far but I don't like Ruggs or this deal. He told me he was interested in trading future picks for one of my RBs but never mentioned Evans. (fwiw, he had acquired him previously in a deal for Julio & Swift). 

Likely going to  to need Logan Thomas last month as a 29 year old breakout TE to not be a mirage , Ruggs to take a momentous step up or drill that 2.10 with a Gibson/Claypool type hit. Not betting on any of those. Easy to see a year from now were a team with a good roster has no use for anyone that team B got back.

Now I'm not rushing to buy Evans right now but this is like team A rolled his trash to the curb and found a $100 bill.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, rockaction said:

Yeah, I was with you in agreement and then ran it. I also agree that Chubb is overvalued and that the future first is undervalued a  touch. I'm sure RotoUnderworld's calc would make it heavy towards the Godwin side, too, because of the picks. So I guess one is left with their own personal thoughts -- at least for me == that the picks and the 1.01 sort of cement the deal, anyway.

When I said the Chubb side probably was the value side it was just a guess but since Rock checked DLF, I checked a few different calcs. DLF was pretty close to even but slightly favoring 1.1, UTH & Rotounderworld somewhat solidly (~12%) on 1.1 side, DTC  had it ~30% for the Chubb\Hill side. Pretty big discrepancy with DTC. Fwiw, I probably trust UTH over the others though Rotounderworld is brand new (at least to me) so time will tell.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, smbkrypt24 said:

Another one, this one a Blockbuster:

Godwin, A. Robinson, 1.01, 2022 1st, 2022 2nd

for

Chubb, T. Hill, 1.06

I like both sides, would come down to what my team looks like and where I think the 2022 1st ends up.

Godwin and Robinson have some destination risk with FA coming up. In a vacuum I think I would lean Chubb & Hill but could see the other side.

• Like 1

Someone just stole Zeke in my PPR league. This might be borderline veto worthy or, at least, up for worst trade of the year. These 2 teams keep doing deals together. These 2 teams did the recent Barkley deal I just posted too. Collusion?

Team A gave Zeke & 2021 1.03

Team B gave Sutton, Haskins, Ruggs, 2022 3rd, Two 2021 4ths & 2022 2nd

Edited by Helaire-ious
  • Like 1
24 minutes ago, Helaire-ious said:

Someone just stole Zeke in my PPR league. This might be borderline veto worthy or, at least, up for worst trade of the year. These 2 teams keep doing deals together. These 2 teams did the recent Barkley deal I just posted too. Collusion?

That’s terrible 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, IHEARTFF said:

dwayne haskins?

I hope it's Haskins Robbins or something like that.

• Laughing 4
33 minutes ago, Helaire-ious said:

oof

• Like 1
1 minute ago, IHEARTFF said:

her?

Naw. I'm just playing on Baskin Robbins, the famous ice cream chain.

To bring it back to content-based stuff, that's a terrible trade.

1 minute ago, rockaction said:

Naw. I'm just playing on Baskin Robbins, the famous ice cream chain.

To bring it back to content-based stuff, that's a terrible trade.

I figured. I was making a poor joke on a joke.

Just now, IHEARTFF said:

I figured. I was making a poor joke on a joke.

Ah, okay. That was pretty bad on my end, admittedly.

1 hour ago, Helaire-ious said:

Even if Zeke wasn’t involved, 1.03 by a mile

• Like 2
10 hours ago, Helaire-ious said:

For the most part that is like saying I'll give you 10 nickels for 1 dollar. 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

In this case it's ten nickels for two dollars.

I was referring to team B  giving 10 nickels for Zeke and the 1.03.

Edited by JohnnyU
13 hours ago, Helaire-ious said:

I don't veto very often (never so far in my Dynasty league) at all but think I might have to here.  All of that hot garbage isn't really worth Zeke or 1.3 but definitely not both.

Edited by Jonesin For Some Football
  • Like 1
29 minutes ago, Jonesin For Some Football said:

I don't veto very often (never so far in my Dynasty league) at all but think I might have to here.  All of that hot garbage isn't really worth Zeke or 1.3 but definitely not both.

I don't think you veto but it's worth asking the guy to give his thoughts on why he thought this made his team better in some way.  Just a simple open discussion to feel it.  If you can tell there is no good answer and collusion is going on then you start thinking about a veto. 

• Like 3
32 minutes ago, Jonesin For Some Football said:

Just for the record here I would give serious consideration to the other side for Zeke straight up. The 1.03 is a different story and the combo is crazy. I'm not a huge Ruggs or Sutton fan but I would caution that some of these veto comments scream "overvaluing Zeke and undervaluing Ruggs and Sutton". Don't get me wrong I don't love the other side vs just Zeke but I don't think it is crazy or that far off. 

1 hour ago, Gally said:

I don't think you veto but it's worth asking the guy to give his thoughts on why he thought this made his team better in some way.  Just a simple open discussion to feel it.  If you can tell there is no good answer and collusion is going on then you start thinking about a veto. 

I asked for his thoughts yesterday & he never replied. Today, I reversed it & then he said "blow me" & he's not paying for the league. No wonder he has been making these deals & did not pay his dues yet. He's no longer in the league after that.

• Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, Helaire-ious said:

I asked for his thoughts yesterday & he never replied. Today, I reversed it & then he said "blow me" & he's not paying for the league. No wonder he has been making these deals & did not pay his dues yet. He's no longer in the league after that.

This is why I think before there is any overturn actual discussion is needed.  Just overturning with no explanation can be overblown and cause this exact thing to happen.  Communication is always key and necessary.  It's a shame it came to that.

• Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, Gally said:

This is why I think before there is any overturn actual discussion is needed.  Just overturning with no explanation can be overblown and cause this exact thing to happen.  Communication is always key and necessary.  It's a shame it came to that.

I explained why I did it. He did that bs AFTERWARDS. He had since yesterday to reply to me as well & never did, but magically does now? Nope. Seriously considering the other 1 or 2 big deals he just did w/that same other owner now. Can't have a crap team for the next guy

Edited by Helaire-ious
21 minutes ago, Helaire-ious said:

Strongly recommend altering your charter so this isn't a thing.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, barackdhouse said:

Strongly recommend altering your charter so this isn't a thing.

I read this as character at first glance and thought ,damn that seemed really harsh, lol.

• Laughing 1
1 minute ago, menobrown said:

I read this as character at first glance and thought ,damn that seemed really harsh, lol.

dang you autocorrect!! yeah that would be harsh. just seems dangerous to allow trading for people that haven't paid.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Helaire-ious said:

I don't blame you at all.  If it was just for one, then I would have let it go but for both was just ridiculous.  With no response, he got what he deserved then.  Your league is better off without him.

• Love 1
22 hours ago, Helaire-ious said:

I am commish. I don't know if I should ask them for an explanation or what. I was flabbergasted when I saw that trade.

I'd ask Team A if they're leaving the league.

7 hours ago, Helaire-ious said:

I explained why I did it. He did that bs AFTERWARDS. He had since yesterday to reply to me as well & never did, but magically does now? Nope. Seriously considering the other 1 or 2 big deals he just did w/that same other owner now. Can't have a crap team for the next guy

I'd reverse them if they even sniffed of imbalance.

• Thanks 1
13 hours ago, barackdhouse said:

FFPC SuperFlex

I gave Woods, Thielen
I got Hurts, B Edwards, 2022 3rd, Kelley, Perine

Continuing my tear down. Now I have a QB that isn't named Ben. 

Initially thought you could have gotten more for both Woods and Thielen. Especially from a win now team, but wondered what other QB you could have received in this type of deal (maybe Mayfield). It's a gamble for Hurts, but it could end up being a home run. I think this is a pretty good trade for a team trying to offload aging veterans for younger players. But a very good chance that neither Hurts or Edwards ever amounts to anything. 

12 hours ago, mzkp54 said:

12 team SF PPR IDP

gave: 1.02, ‘22 1st

got: AJ brown, 2.12

Interesting deal...as an AJ Brown owner I would pass, it's not worth the risk...just looking at this deal (i.e. not future deals based off of obtaining those picks), for this deal to make sense you need to absolutely hit on both picks (and I mean hit big time)...for the 1.2 the best case scenario is probably equal to Brown so for this deal to make sense you have to hit on that pick and have that other #1 (which you don't know where it will land) be a decent amount better than the 2.12...so, while there is an path to this deal working out if it doesn't end in a best case scenario you have traded a 23 year stud that only appears to getting better...I just don't see the need to take that risk with such a valuable asset.

Edited by Boston
  • Like 1
7 minutes ago, Boston said:

Interesting deal...as an AJ Brown owner I would pass, it's not worth the risk...just looking at this deal (i.e. not future deals based off of obtaining those picks), for this deal to make sense you need to absolutely hit on both picks (and I mean hit big time)...for the 1.2 the best case scenario is probably equal to Brown so for this deal to make sense you have to hit on that pick and have that other #1 (which you don't know where it will land) be a decent amount better than the 2.12...so, while there is an path to this deal working out if it doesn't end in a best case scenario you have traded a 23 year stud that only appears to getting better...I just don't see the need to take that risk with such a valuable asset.

Or you’re loaded at WR and REALLY need a RB. 

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, Boone22 said:

Or you’re loaded at WR and REALLY need a RB. 

That could be a scenario but if I was in that situation I might be targeting someone with a little more of a track record to limit the bust factor or trying to turn it into two RBs somehow (i.e. 1.2 and a quality RB instead of the pick)

Edited by Boston
24 minutes ago, Boston said:

That could be a scenario but if I was in that situation I might be targeting someone with a little more of a track record to limit the bust factor or trying to turn it into two RBs somehow (i.e. 1.2 and a quality RB instead of the pick)

If he takes Etienne at 1.2 it was a mistake.  If he takes either Chase or Williams it wasn't.

1 minute ago, JohnnyU said:

If he takes Etienne at 1.2 it was a mistake.  If he takes either Chase or Williams it wasn't.

I love Chase but why roll the dice on him if you already have AJB?

6 minutes ago, Boston said:

I love Chase but why roll the dice on him if you already have AJB?

It takes more than AJB.  Dynasty is all about acquiring stud assets, not drafting for need and taking a lesser player.  I personally like Javonte Williams more than Etienne.  I have the 1.03 in one league and need RBs bad, but I will pass on Etienne and take either Chase or Williams, whichever falls to me.  Same league as Boone22.

Edited by JohnnyU
  • Like 1
34 minutes ago, Boston said:

That future 1st should be able to accomplish this or go a really long way towards it. The list of vet RBs I would take over 1.02 is pretty small but notable. Those guys aren't going for the 1.02 though, so who would you be buying? A lesser vet that still holds some value like Zeke? Maybe. If I had WR depth this would be a slam dunk trade for me.

1 hour ago, Denver724 said:

Standard 12 team PPR. Not a Superflex or TE Premium. 1 RB start.

Curtis Samuel and 2021 4.10

For

Sam Darnold, 2021 1.12 and 3.12 

In what world is Curtis Samuel worth a first plus?

• Like 3
  • Gottabesweet changed the title to ****OFFICIAL 2021 OFF- SEASON DYNASTY TRADES****