What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (22 Viewers)

In a 12tm 1QB PPR.

Have Dak, Rodgers, and Wentz. Trying to move Rodgers and/or Wentz to improve at WR or Draft Capital.

What are some WRs & draft picks that you all deem similar value for both?

Rodgers - 

Wentz - 

In a 12tm 1QB PPR.

Have Dak, Rodgers, and Wentz. Trying to move Rodgers and/or Wentz to improve at WR or Draft Capital.

What are some WRs & draft picks that you all deem similar value for both?

Rodgers - 

Wentz - 
Rodgers I would give up an early 2 for Rodgers and early 3 for wentz. Late 2 if I really needed qb for wentz.

not sure wr equivalent

FFPC SF

I gave Big Ben
I got 2022 2nd (probably late)

Now I'm going to at least entertain the notion of rostering Minshew whereas he was already cut in my mind. Ben needed to go anyway. I have Josh Allen and Rodgers at QB1 and QB2.

Super Flex 12 team 25 man rosters - 1 QB, 1 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE 1 K 1 DEF 1 SF 2 F

Gave 2.06, 2.07, 3.07

Got 2.01

I think there is a tier break at 2.01, maybe 2.02 so happy to get into that range.  

Super Flex 12 team 25 man rosters - 1 QB, 1 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE 1 K 1 DEF 1 SF 2 F

Gave 2.06, 2.07, 3.07

Got 2.01

I think there is a tier break at 2.01, maybe 2.02 so happy to get into that range.  
This deal all depends on your board (as you pointed out for why you did it) so it is probably a good deal for both Owners.

Mega trade in FFPC.  Currently 13th round of the startup draft.

Dalvin Cook, Nick Chubb, Davante Adam's, and Aaron Rodgers

For

DK Metcalf, Chris Godwin, Michael Carter, and three future 1sts

Of the future 1sts the most likely scenario is one is non playoff and two are playoff.  

For

Of the future 1sts the most likely scenario is one is non playoff and two are playoff.  
Huge trade and hard for me to be critical of either side but also hard to say which side I'd want to be on.

One side seems well positioned for a 2-3 year window of winning now and other side seems positioned to add a strong amount of young long term assets. I know it's a startup but how I felt about my team would likely dictate the side I'd prefer.

That trade kind of reminds of one of my first FFPC startups. One guy started trading for a ton of future #1's and I was thinking he was playing for the future but instead he started flipping all of those #1's for immediate help and won the league in year one. Now he did a lot of that after the draft but seeing this team accumulate a few extra #1's and then send them away to build a win now looking team sure reminds me of that league.

For

Sure. Um. Sure. I've seen people do big trades during startups involving already drafted players but I've never been involved in one. Always seemed at least a little counterintuitive to me but this looks perfectly square. Depends on the rest of my team and what I'm trying to do like Meno said above.

Mixon is the only player in there I’m interested in rostering. Well Jacobs also, I suppose, but I think there’s a non-zero chance this is his last season as a full time feature back. 

I’d also easily roll the dice on OBJ over Williams, although I have no interest in either unless discounted.
Guess it comes to an end a little earlier than I thought.

For

I haven't seen startup values in a while, but it seems weird that someone would have Cook, Chubb, and Adams all on the same team. Did he make trades before the draft to move up?

I agree with the others that this is pretty even, but I prefer the players.

For

Players for me but I see the allure of the other side. With all the talk in the other threads of teams with lots of young assets selling for well over the entry fee, wondering if that picks side team may be thinking sell the team in the off-season if those picks hit early.

Players for me but I see the allure of the other side. With all the talk in the other threads of teams with lots of young assets selling for well over the entry fee, wondering if that picks side team may be thinking sell the team in the off-season if those picks hit early.
I've seen current startup teams up for sale so yeah I think people are doing that. I'm not really a fan but as long as people are active and deals are square then I guess it is ok. I think it perverts the format a little. IDK.

jadensdad said:
Superflex ppr 12 team TE Premium

gave 1.02, Hayden hurst, 3.05

got 1.04, Sutton, 2.11

i didn’t need a qb ( I have 1.01, burrow and Tua)  

I will probably get najee or chase 
This is a good move for you in SF with TE premium and your picks. Situational but i could also see the argument on the other side for him too as I'm not huge on Sutton personally.

For

I don't play FFPC but I don't like this trade at all.  DK is a stud but who knows what is up with Russ, Godwin isn't the player he was 2 years ago & I truly believe we have seen his best season already, Carter may never be more than a depth piece, and who knows where those picks will be.  I know that Cook, Chubb, Adams, and A-Rod should be worth far more than this in my leagues but again....not FFPC.

I would argue between losing most of his OL and the Drake signing he's the single biggest loser in all of fantasy football since FA opened.
They resigned Riddick too.  That with Drake and losing 3/5 of the line, I want no part of that backfield.  Glad I got out from Jacobs 2 weeks ago for Lamb and a top 2 protected 22 pick.

My God what a ripoff. You, sir, need to go and shower immediately. 
Lol.  The guy needed RB help badly and had a lot of young WRs.  It is .5 PPR and it is a league that hoards RBs so they can be hard to come by.  Plus, he is a Raider fan but I guarantee he wouldn't give me Lamb and a 1st round pick now.  I'm happy I did it early.

Non-ppr Zealots IDP

Gave: 1.12 & 2021 1st

Got: 1.07

I may have overthought this one but I wasn't digging what will likely be at 1.12. I think any player in the top seven is worth next year's first, even if that pick ends up high. Plus, getting to use the extra player for one more year counts for something. I offered him this year's 1.12 & 2.1 as well (he didn't have a 2nd rounder) but he took the above deal.

Really, I just wanted to control the middle of this first round. Now I have picks 1, 4, 6, 7, 8, and 13. I know I'll get one of the top RBs, probably two of the top WRs, Lawrence, and then decide if I want a third WR or Pitts. 

I guess I pushed a lot of chips in on this class.

Non-ppr Zealots IDP

Gave: 1.12 & 2021 1st

Got: 1.07

I may have overthought this one but I wasn't digging what will likely be at 1.12. I think any player in the top seven is worth next year's first, even if that pick ends up high. Plus, getting to use the extra player for one more year counts for something. I offered him this year's 1.12 & 2.1 as well (he didn't have a 2nd rounder) but he took the above deal.

Really, I just wanted to control the middle of this first round. Now I have picks 1, 4, 6, 7, 8, and 13. I know I'll get one of the top RBs, probably two of the top WRs, Lawrence, and then decide if I want a third WR or Pitts. 

I guess I pushed a lot of chips in on this class.
My thoughts are with all these early-mid first rounders already in your pocket I personally don’t see the need to move into that tier (top 8 for me) for the 5th time when the 1.12 will still yield a solid player (maybe even Lawrence - depending on your league)

my move with four top 8 picks already would have probably been to move the 1.12 on the clock for a future 1st (maybe +) while also keeping my own future 1st. But there are a thousand ways to run a dynasty organization. 

My thoughts are with all these early-mid first rounders already in your pocket I personally don’t see the need to move into that tier (top 8 for me) for the 5th time when the 1.12 will still yield a solid player (maybe even Lawrence - depending on your league)

my move with four top 8 picks already would have probably been to move the 1.12 on the clock for a future 1st (maybe +) while also keeping my own future 1st. But there are a thousand ways to run a dynasty organization. 
Because I believe at 1.7 I will get an elite player - whereas at 1.12 it's just a "solid" player. There's a big difference between Jaylen Waddle and Terrace Marshall/Kenneth Gainwell for example.

IMO dynasty players, especially in big roster Zealots leagues, worry too much about acquiring depth talent.

There's still only so many starters you submit on a week-to-week basis - and until you have that figured out there's no reason to be concerned about depth. IOW I like to treat my starting lineup like its redraft and then worry about the dynasty component of my depth. 

Well, since you own so many picks ahead of pick 7, chances are pick 7 will be your 7th ranked player.  Nobody is going to "fall" to you at that pick since you are making the picks right before it.

As long as the future 1st looks late the trade is ok, but not the kind of move I would look to do, especially since you plan to take Lawrence at 7 or 8.  

Because I believe at 1.7 I will get an elite player - whereas at 1.12 it's just a "solid" player. There's a big difference between Jaylen Waddle and Terrace Marshall/Kenneth Gainwell for example.

IMO dynasty players, especially in big roster Zealots leagues, worry too much about acquiring depth talent.

There's still only so many starters you submit on a week-to-week basis - and until you have that figured out there's no reason to be concerned about depth. IOW I like to treat my starting lineup like its redraft and then worry about the dynasty component of my depth. 
That’s just the point. The 5th player you draft this year would literally be a depth pick on your roster. The ability to have two 2022 1st could potentially yield great draft capital on its own next year or could be combined for a top 1-3 pick and a ‘stud’ if that’s what you value the most. It takes some patience to play the long game which can be hard to do this time of year but sometimes it can yield the best value.

That’s just the point. The 5th player you draft this year would literally be a depth pick on your roster. The ability to have two 2022 1st could potentially yield great draft capital on its own next year or could be combined for a top 1-3 pick and a ‘stud’ if that’s what you value the most. It takes some patience to play the long game which can be hard to do this time of year but sometimes it can yield the best value.
The point is, no he won't. He'll be a starter. I think you're selling the top eight players this year a bit short.

I actually agree 100% and approach my teams the same way.

I think a 1st rounder is required to make the jump you did in any format this year, IDK Zealots format, but if you want to get top talent you have to *get* top talent. There does *seem* to be a pretty big break between those picks. That seems to be close to the going rate. I've been trying to make similar moves but my preference is to move my roster cloggers who still hold value, like Golladay, C Davis, Drake, etc., to make those kinds of tier jumps there. Maybe add a 2nd to whichever player you might put in that category from your roster. Something to put the offer over the top with some upside cheaper piece coming back to you as well, in a perfect world.

FFPC Superflex not involved

Team A gives 1.08, Hurst, Mack
Team B gives Goff, Deebo, Drake, 2.05, 2.12

I can't decide which side is killing who here. I feel like no matter what it isn't close. It is either hot garbage for the 1.08 or it is a terrible overpay. I'm torn.

Last edited by a moderator:
The point is, no he won't. He'll be a starter. I think you're selling the top eight players this year a bit short.
If he’s going to be a starter you literally have only a few good skill position players currently rostered, which makes the long game an even smarter play. If all these rookies are slotted in as instant starters you might project to have an early 1st in 2022, which makes trading it away questionable...

FFPC Superflex not involved

Team A gives 1.08, Hurst, Mack
Team B gives Goff, Deebo, Drake, 2.05, 2.12

I can't decide which side is killing who here. I feel like no matter what it isn't close. It is either hot garbage for the 1.08 or it is a terrible overpay. I'm torn.
Team A then gave Gesicki, Deebo, 2.05, 2.12 and Vaughn
Team C gave Waller

So......1.08, Hurst, Gesicki, Vaughn, Mack

for Waller, Goff, Drake

I like it a lot. 

If he’s going to be a starter you literally have only a few good skill position players currently rostered, which makes the long game an even smarter play. If all these rookies are slotted in as instant starters you might project to have an early 1st in 2022, which makes trading it away questionable...
I disagree. It makes it even more important to get good players when you see the chance.

I think most players are hoping they can get a fantasy starter in the first.

I liken this to politics. Given a choice between the hypothetical candidate A versus the known quantity B in office, people normally vote for A. That's because people view the future in the best light possible.

The way I see it (and things could get wonky, I know, if guys don't follow the pattern) I'll end up with a draft of

Ja'Marr Chase

One of the RBs

One of Waddle/Smith

Lawrence

Pitts or maybe Bateman

Couple them with Chubb and Tee Higgins and I'm feeling pretty good about things.

What are the odds the top 7 continue to look like the top 7 after the draft?

Inevitably guys go to bad spots while other guys go to good spots, or guys either go way earlier or way later than expected

My take is not very high but I would say it held from last year at this time, in fact my top 8 from last March held exactly.

But I still think the smart bet is it does not hold but I also think it has a better chance of being a big 8 then a big 6 when all is said and done so still see a lot of merit for wanting to be in that range of the draft.

Inevitably guys go to bad spots while other guys go to good spots, or guys either go way earlier or way later than expected
Draft talent over situation because talent changes situation and perfect situation doesn't always compensate for okay talent.

Just some examples OTTOMH...Dobbins, Akers, and to a certain extent Taylor went to crowded situations - but talent won out. Jefferson went to a run first offense. Herbert was supposedly going to sit behind Tyrod (weird circumstances there I know, but he'd have won the job).

Conversely Jacobs and CEH are both good, not great, talents that went to great situations and...eh.

Draft talent over situation because talent changes situation and perfect situation doesn't always compensate for okay talent.

Just some examples OTTOMH...Dobbins, Akers, and to a certain extent Taylor went to crowded situations - but talent won out. Jefferson went to a run first offense. Herbert was supposedly going to sit behind Tyrod (weird circumstances there I know, but he'd have won the job).

Conversely Jacobs and CEH are both good, not great, talents that went to great situations and...eh.
Yes true, but prior to the NFL draft do we have a super clear picture of what the talent order is?  

Obviously the draft isnt everything, but if gainwell goes round 1 and waddle goes round 4, is waddle still a sure top 7 and gainwell late 1st?

Yes true, but prior to the NFL draft do we have a super clear picture of what the talent order is?  
I don't know what you mean by "order" but we know what the pool is. And since I think the top eight guys (by talent) all have a chance to be special, that's why I want as many of that pool as possible - five of eight so far.

Users who are viewing this thread