Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

****OFFICIAL 2021 OFF- SEASON DYNASTY TRADES****

4 hours ago, BigAl21 said:

FFPC

Gave: Thielen  

got: 2022 1st, 3rd

Having a little sellers remorse but Thielen was likely to be my WR 4/5 and I think the pick will be top 6. Time will tell.

Only thing you should be having remorse about is the robbery you committed against your fellow leaguemate.  

• Like 3
  • Replies 34k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• menobrown

• One More Rep

• barackdhouse

• FreeBaGeL

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No, they won't accept

It's a bit much to say the trade should be overturned. It's just a bunch of junk for a bunch of junk.

You mean it went down in a league you used to be in??  I’d go ful Vontae Davis on that league asap 

15 hours ago, BigAl21 said:

FFPC

Gave: Thielen  

got: 2022 1st, 3rd

Having a little sellers remorse but Thielen was likely to be my WR 4/5 and I think the pick will be top 6. Time will tell.

I'm guessin' his team consisted of Cousins, Cook, Jefferson, Smith, Joseph, Min Def and you "generously gave" him Thielen? Second guess would be collusion....

13 hours ago, Blick said:

Diggs. By a lot. 

Funny how fast things change in the NFL.  Last year at this time JuJu was going well before Diggs in startups even with JuJu coming off a down injury year in 2019.  I just looked now back on the 3 DFWC startups done last year and this is where these 2 guys went.

JuJu went 25, 23,17 

Diggs went 55, 51, 55 

So at this time last year you would have needed to have given up Diggs + a 1st and 2nd to just get in the ball park of maybe getting JuJu.  

I remember when Hopkins/Patterson came out as rookies were considered a toss up on who to take in rookie drafts then after their 1st year Patterson was going much higher then Hopkins in startups then a couple years later Patterson was a bust and Hopkins was one of the top WR's in the game for a long time.

7 minutes ago, Dez said:

I remember when Hopkins/Patterson came out as rookies were considered a toss up on who to take in rookie drafts then after their 1st year Patterson was going much higher then Hopkins in startups then a couple years later Patterson was a bust and Hopkins was one of the top WR's in the game for a long time.

I believe the writing was on the wall during prospect analysis on Patterson.  He was an athlete with lots of speed who wasn't much of a WR and he proved it early on in the NFL.  I was fortunate enough to not get sucked into the Patterson black hole.

32 minutes ago, JohnnyU said:

I believe the writing was on the wall during prospect analysis on Patterson.  He was an athlete with lots of speed who wasn't much of a WR and he proved it early on in the NFL.  I was fortunate enough to not get sucked into the Patterson black hole.

To be fair you could easily say the same about Tyreek Hill.

I remember watching him fumble around with routine catches his rookie season while he racked up yards on gadget plays and kick returns and wondering why anyone considered him a real receiver prospect.

• Like 2

12 Team 1 QB PPR 

I gave up Cam Newton for 3.03

They are a Watson owner and looking for insurance... I took over a team in full rebuild

2 minutes ago, Birdie048 said:

12 Team 1 QB PPR 

I gave up Cam Newton for 3.03

They are a Watson owner and looking for insurance... I took over a team in full rebuild

I like these kinds of trades if it's a deep draft, which it is.  Good job.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, lardonastick said:

12 team .5 ppr

gave M. Mack

got M. Davis

Isn’t that like 30 minutes before closing time at a local pub and you’re trying to decide which of the two ugly women left in the bar to buy a drink for?

• Laughing 1

Another trade today ... 12 Team 1 QB PPR

I gave up 2.03, 3.01 & 3.04

I received 1.11

I had 7 picks in 2nd & 3rd round

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Chad Parsons said:

12-team 1QB PPR, deeper lineup/rosters

Jeudy

FOR

Lockett, Trautman, 2.04

Might depend on my roster but I'll take the youth of Jeudy.  2020 was a unusual year for rookies and Denver wasn't the model of success.  In short, I think the book is still out on Jeudy and I'll take that potential.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, JohnnyU said:

Isn’t that like 30 minutes before closing time at a local pub and you’re trying to decide which of the two ugly women left in the bar to buy a drink for?

I guess you could buy both a drink...

8 minutes ago, JohnnyU said:

Maybe, but I prefer the one not coming off an achilles injury. Also think Davis will have more opportunities for touches.

• Like 2
18 minutes ago, lardonastick said:

12 team .5 ppr

gave M. Mack

got M. Davis

11 minutes ago, JohnnyU said:

I think Davis will get a lot of work on an underrated offense. He brings some stable production to a team that’s had a lot of volatility at rb.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Snorkelson said:

I think Davis will get a lot of work on an underrated offense. He brings some stable production to a team that’s had a lot of volatility at rb.

You can take it to the bank that Atlanta will draft a RB that will probably be better than Davis.  How soon he replaces him is anyone’s guess.

• Like 3
7 minutes ago, lardonastick said:

Maybe, but I prefer the one not coming off an achilles injury. Also think Davis will have more opportunities for touches.

This. If you think every player matters, then I think the Davis side made a good deal. Will ATL likely draft a RB? Yes, but you know Taylor and Hines are there in Indy, and Mack is coming off of an Achilles' tear. That usually is not a recipe for success.

10 minutes ago, DropKick said:

I guess you could buy both a drink...

Isn’t it bad enough that it’s gotten to that point and you would rather not spend that much money?

1 minute ago, rockaction said:

This. If you think every player matters, then I think the Davis side made a good deal. Will ATL likely draft a RB? Yes, but you know Taylor and Hines are there in Indy, and Mack is coming off of an Achilles' tear. That usually is not a recipe for success.

Like I said, it’s ugly no matter how you slice it.  Especially in dynasty.

At this point it sounds pretty certain that each of Edmunds, Mike Davis, Myles Gaskin, Tevin Coleman, Snell/McFarland, and Moss/Singletary are getting replaced by a top 3 back in this draft 😁.

One or 2 of these guys is still going to be the starter after the draft. I'm wondering if I should double down in a league where I have a couple of them already!

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, jtd13 said:

At this point it sounds pretty certain that each of Edmunds, Mike Davis, Myles Gaskin, Tevin Coleman, Snell/McFarland, and Moss/Singletary are getting replaced by a top 3 back in this draft 😁.

One or 2 of these guys is still going to be the starter after the draft. I'm wondering if I should double down in a league where I have a couple of them already!

I would be trying to get out from under all of them and have for some of them.

Just now, JohnnyU said:

I would be trying to get out from under all of them and have for some of them

No one's really buying any of them, at least not where I have Edmunds, Gaskin, or Davis. But there aren't that many good RBs in this class. If I've already got those 3, should I go get a few late picks for them, or go buy Tevin Coleman for cheap to increase my chances one gets through the draft as the starter? I'm thinking latter.

7 minutes ago, jtd13 said:

One or 2 of these guys is still going to be the starter after the draft.

I can't get anything of value for Edmonds, really. Arizona has the 16th and 49th pick of the draft. I'll be watching with bated breath.

Just now, jtd13 said:

No one's really buying any of them

I'm thinking latter.

This is where I am. I wouldn't voluntarily buy Tevin Coleman, though. He looked like utter toast last year, and he didn't get any younger. Just maybe healthier for a spell.

Just now, rockaction said:

This is where I am. I wouldn't voluntarily buy Tevin Coleman, though. He looked like utter toast last year, and he didn't get any younger. Just maybe healthier for a spell.

Good point. Maybe McFarland is a better buy (or Snell).

2 hours ago, Chad Parsons said:

Jeudy

FOR

Lockett, Trautman, 2.04

I'd take Jeudy. His air yard share was very impressive and drops have been bandied about as not an inherent trait in guys. I've never been a big Jeudy guy, either, but what you're getting back isn't really that impressive.

Fair deal, I guess, though. 

• Like 1
Just now, jtd13 said:

Good point. Maybe McFarland is a better buy (or Snell).

Snell is probably your best bet, at least in my opinion. I don't think McFarland quite has the size to be a lead back. Snell looked spry last year compared to his iteration of himself the year before. I think the Steelers have screamed that they want a RB, though, so I'm not sure that's the team to pick a back and hope. Maybe it is. :shrug:

Snell is probably your best bet, at least in my opinion. I don't think McFarland quite has the size to be a lead back. Snell looked spry last year compared to his iteration of himself the year before. I think the Steelers have screamed that they want a RB, though, so I'm not sure that's the team to pick a back and hope. Maybe it is. :shrug:

I don't disagree with anything here at all. But given this is a true zig-when-others-zag approach, there will be plenty of reasons not to buy right now. I'm just wondering which of the "obvious sells" mathematically survives, because that guy will have a stupid rise in value over the summer, I think.

Are there even enough day 1/day 2 rb prospects to fill in all the teams that we see as needing a rb this year? Especially given that 1 or 2 of them usually end up surprisingly being scooped up by a team that didn't really have an immediate need at rb (a la aj dillon). 

It seems to me like at least 1 of these Davis/Snell/Coleman/Edmonds types are going to dodge the draft bullet and maybe that guy will be Davis. I know that guy won't be Mack. 

Even if they draft a back there is still a reasonable chance that Davis is useful this year as the rook is eased in as we've seen a million times before. 

Seems 50/50 to me that Davis scores more fantasy points in week 1 than Mack scores the rest of his career. 

Edited by FreeBaGeL
  • Like 3
1 minute ago, jtd13 said:

I don't disagree with anything here at all. But given this is a true zig-when-others-zag approach, there will be plenty of reasons not to buy right now. I'm just wondering which of the "obvious sells" mathematically survives, because that guy will have a stupid rise in value over the summer, I think.

I would rather use roster spots other ways than roster any of those players.  If I had any of them, I have long since purchased them a Greyhound bus ticket to another owner.

2 minutes ago, jtd13 said:

Look at the picks each team has. I think Edmonds stands a fighting chance, despite everyone to the contrary, as does Davis. I think this because the Cardinals have the 16th and 49th pick and then nothing, really. If you get past 49, you're generally fine with Edmonds. I'd even look more at Ward on his own team (Benjamin is there, too, but he and Edmonds are almost identical size/speed-wise.) Davis surprised last year and if you're out of the top three, you really run into the question of whether you think the guys that aren't testing well -- are they going to come in and replace him with low draft capital in ATL? Maybe not.

Then you look at the other teams. I think when Miami backed up the Brinks truck to haul in Le'Veon Bell last year, that told you all you needed to know about how the felt about their RB situation. The question in Miami really is whether they're using analytics to determine draft capital usage. If they are, then RB might be lower on the list, but I suspect they'll want one. Pittsburgh is probably more than likely to draft one of the big three. Believe it or not, Jacksonville and its plethora of picks in the first three rounds might select one early because Robinson is an undrafted free agent with no ties to the current coaching staff (he has ties to the GM, but who is really running the show). It's really tough to speculate this year because of the unique situation at running back.

3 minutes ago, JohnnyU said:

I would rather use roster spots other ways than roster any of those players.  If I had any of them, I have long since purchased them a Greyhound bus ticket to another owner.

You'd have to find an owner willing to take a risk. I got rejected for a third and future second for Edmonds. I asked too much, I was told. I've had him on the block explicitly saying a second-round pick might do. That has been met with crickets. It's easy to say that you can just flip a non-liquid asset, harder to do. 

I mean, if we all know it, chances are in savvy leagues they know the deal, too. Why would I flip Edmonds for just a third-round pick when he's a lottery ticket and a third-down back with passing work at worst?

You need to get something for him.

8 minutes ago, FreeBaGeL said:

Are there even enough day 1/day 2 rb prospects to fill in all the teams that we see as needing a rb this year? Especially given that 1 or 2 of them usually end up surprisingly being scooped up by a team that didn't really have an immediate need at rb (a la aj dillon). 

It seems to me like at least 1 of these Davis/Snell/Coleman/Edmonds types are going to dodge the draft bullet and maybe that guy will be Davis. I know that guy won't be Mack. 

Even if they draft a back there is still a reasonable chance that Davis is useful this year as the rook is eased in as we've seen a million times before. 

Seems 50/50 to me that Davis scores more fantasy points in week 1 than Mack scores the rest of his career. 

Exactly. On all fronts.

You'd have to find an owner willing to take a risk. I got rejected for a third and future second for Edmonds. I asked too much, I was told. I've had him on the block explicitly saying a second-round pick might do. That has been met with crickets. It's easy to say that you can just flip a non-liquid asset, harder to do. 

Key words I used were “long since”.  You know, back when you could get something.

2 minutes ago, rockaction said:

I mean, if we all know it, chances are in savvy leagues they know the deal, too. Why would I flip Edmonds for just a third-round pick when he's a lottery ticket and a third-down back with passing work at worst?

You need to get something for him.

An early third in this draft isn’t bad.  Besides, how long has people been putting the lottery ticket label on Edmonds?

1 minute ago, JohnnyU said:

Key words I used were “long since”.  You know, back when you could get something.

You never could get anything. He was clearly Drake's backup, thereby depressing his value, and once Drake left, everyone knew that Arizona would be looking back. Trust me, there was no window.

Just now, rockaction said:

You never could get anything. He was clearly Drake's backup, thereby depressing his value, and once Drake left, everyone knew that Arizona would be looking back. Trust me, there was no window.

People have been anointing Edmonds for two years, so yes, he had value.

1 minute ago, JohnnyU said:

People have been anointing Edmonds for two years, so yes, he had value.

Oh, I'm talking last year only. I also think you're overestimating him. I was contacted about him as a handcuff and handcuff only. We're talking third-round range. And I disagree upthread about third-round being enough. The draft isn't that deep. Edmonds was (an admittedly unsustainable because of touchdowns) RB22 through the sixteen fantasy weeks in half-PPR last year. That's a low-end RB2.

I'm not giving up a RB3 for a third-round pick. The return rates on even back-half second rounders are so low that you're better holding.

https://www.fantasypros.com/2021/04/what-is-a-dynasty-draft-pick-actually-worth-2021-fantasy-football/

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, rockaction said:

Oh, I'm talking last year only. I also think you're overestimating him. I was contacted about him as a handcuff and handcuff only. We're talking third-round range. And I disagree upthread about third-round being enough. The draft isn't that deep. Edmonds was (an admittedly unsustainable because of touchdowns) RB22 through the sixteen fantasy weeks in half-PPR last year. That's a low-end RB2.

I'm not giving up a RB3 for a third-round pick. The return rates on even back-half second rounders are so low that you're better holding.

https://www.fantasypros.com/2021/04/what-is-a-dynasty-draft-pick-actually-worth-2021-fantasy-football/

That 3rd might be looking good this time next year.  Especially if they draft a RB with that 49th pick.  Even if they don’t, Benjamin could very easily chip into Edmonds.

Edited by JohnnyU
2 minutes ago, JohnnyU said:

That 3rd might be looking good this time next year.  Especially if they draft a RB with that 49th pick.  Even if they don’t, Benjamin could very easily chip into Edmonds.

I don't disagree with any of this besides a future third looking good next year. Can't say I think Edmonds's value is that low. Benjamin and Ward could chip into his time, sure, but that's unlikely if they draft somebody. Eno Benjamin is a seventh-rounder and Ward is a UDFA. Neither have size/speed score advantages over Edmonds, and played behind him last year, so...

Anyway, enough on my end regarding Edmonds. I'm just explaining the thought process behind holding one particular guy in one particular instance. Mike Davis falls into this same category, IMO. You might, however, have been able to get something last year for Davis come deadline time, which would make this all moot. But acquiring him now for Mack? No brainer.

Some of us were using the found money of a Davis or Gaskin last year to try to win. And even then, I can't say I could even gotten a 2nd. That market was cold.

Edmunds has probably had greater than dart throw value for max a total of 3 weeks in his career. The 2 weeks following his big game pre drake, and for half a week last year when Drake's injury looked more serious than it was. 

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Chad Parsons said:

Jeudy

FOR

Lockett, Trautman, 2.04

Jeudy and it isn’t particularly close. 
Lockett’s the best piece on the 4 Quarters For A Dollar side of the trade, and he’s an aging guy on a run first, run second, run third team. 

24 minutes ago, rockaction said:

I don't disagree with any of this besides a future third looking good next year. Can't say I think Edmonds's value is that low. Benjamin and Ward could chip into his time, sure, but that's unlikely if they draft somebody. Eno Benjamin is a seventh-rounder and Ward is a UDFA. Neither have size/speed score advantages over Edmonds, and played behind him last year, so...

Anyway, enough on my end regarding Edmonds. I'm just explaining the thought process behind holding one particular guy in one particular instance. Mike Davis falls into this same category, IMO. You might, however, have been able to get something last year for Davis come deadline time, which would make this all moot. But acquiring him now for Mack? No brainer.

I do agree about one thing.  Of all those RBs initially listed, if there is hope, it is with Edmonds.  Red, hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and a good thing never dies.   Andy.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, JohnnyU said:

I do agree about one thing.  Of all those RBs initially listed, if there is hope, it is with Edmonds.  Red, hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and a good thing never dies.   Andy.

That's what I always say.

• Like 2
  • Laughing 1

Man, I totally thought I was in the dynasty value discussion thread when I started talking about Edmund/Gaskin/Davis, etc.

My bad guys.

1 minute ago, frae said:

Team 1 Gives Nick Chubb and Keenan Allen

Team 2 Gives Justin Jefferson, Jeff Wilson, and two 2022 2nd round picks.

I'll take Chubb and Allen. I get selling declining assets for a young stud WR, but there's a lot of points to be had from those 2 for the next few seasons.

27 minutes ago, jtd13 said:

Man, I totally thought I was in the dynasty value discussion thread when I started talking about Edmund/Gaskin/Davis, etc.

My bad guys.

Oh wow, so did I when I contributed. It was an offshoot, let's say. No harm, no foul.

Edited by rockaction
  • Like 1