Top Posters In This Topic

• menobrown

• One More Rep

• barackdhouse

• Dr. Octopus

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No, they won't accept

I don't know why so many people are saying that this is a fair return (despite preferring CMC as they should). It isn't. This is a fraction of what it should cost for a guy like CMC, either that or th

You mean it went down in a league you used to be in??  I’d go ful Vontae Davis on that league asap 

3 hours ago, mzkp54 said:

12 team PPR SF IDP

Josh Allen, Tee Higgins, 4.09

for

Russell Wilson, Ceedee Lamb, ‘22 2nd

I like the Allen side. I think Allen is a upgrade over Wilson, Lamb MAYBE an upgrade over Higgins but that and 2nd doesn't near make up the difference in Allen over Wilson. 

11 minutes ago, PantherThunder said:

14 Team PPR IDP not invoved

Team A got Jacobs, 1.13

Team B got 1.01

I hate this deal for Team A. I think he could have gotten a better RB at 1.01

I don't hate it because of Jacobs.  I don't like the 1.13 part of it.  I'd like a bit higher pick, not that Team B necessarily had a 1.08 or 1.09 lying around.

1 hour ago, PantherThunder said:

14 Team SF PPR i am not involved

Team A got Swift

Team B Sutton, 22 1st, 23 1st

Team B is rebuilding, and has been trying to move Swift. 

What a haul for Swift in SF. Very impressive. 

1 hour ago, PantherThunder said:

Team A got Jacobs, 1.13

Team B got 1.01

1.01 by half of the 1.01. This is a slaughter.

3 hours ago, PantherThunder said:

Team A got Swift

Sutton and the two picks...Swift looks like he'll be a good one but this is a very nice haul for him...if Sutton picks up where he was pre-injury this could really turn out to be a great deal.

Team A got Jacobs, 1.13

Team B got 1.01

1.1 pretty easily...you need to get more than that for that pick...honest question but does team A know the Raiders signed Drake?    

I like the Allen side. I think Allen is a upgrade over Wilson, Lamb MAYBE an upgrade over Higgins but that and 2nd doesn't near make up the difference in Allen over Wilson. 

I think this is pretty fair deal and I love Allen but Lamb is a huge upgrade to Higgins.  He is much more talented.

Team A got Jacobs, 1.13

Team B got 1.01

Tell me this deal was at least made before Drake signed, Riddick resigned, and they traded/cut all their O-line?  It was bad then and now it is just an absolutely robbery.  Very bad deal for Team A.

4 hours ago, PantherThunder said:

Team A got Swift

im rebuilding and i cant even get 2 firsts for saquon in my league. so to get that plus sutton is a very nice haul for swift

• Like 2
56 minutes ago, iamkoza said:

im rebuilding and i cant even get 2 firsts for saquon in my league. so to get that plus sutton is a very nice haul for swift

I semi-seriously shopped CMC about a month ago just to see if anyone would offer a ransom and I couldn't get more than one first + Ekeler for him. 

Edited by wlwiles

Guys like CMC and Barkley are hard to deal.  You need to be able to trade to the ideal trade partner that either had loaded roster or a ton of picks from a 2-3 year rebuild.

Otherwise you just arent able to get top 2 value.  People dont want to deplete their rosters and have waiver guys in their starting lineups.

5 hours ago, Jonesin For Some Football said:

Tell me this deal was at least made before Drake signed, Riddick resigned, and they traded/cut all their O-line?  It was bad then and now it is just an absolutely robbery.  Very bad deal for Team A.

Nope don't understand it even without that. He is not one of the most astute owners. 

He could have had which ever RB landed in the best spot vs Jacobs & a project WR

25 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

14 team PPR

Gave:

McLaurin, Claypool, Jakobi Meyers

Got:

Davante Adams, Curtis Samuel

If you're win now, the Adams side. If you're like my team, the McLaurin side, but I'm pretty sure calcs would have Adams side by ADP, anyway. The Samuel for Meyers part makes it pretty even, actually. I'm high on Samuel, but also on Claypool and McLaurin, though I see why there are reasons to sell both.

One is that McLaurin will share targets with Samuel now and compete to be the apple of a new QBs eye. Then Claypool has off-the-field stuff like being already called a "diva" and the (admittedly posh and weird looking) bar fight he was involved in that they showed on TMZ.

So Adams still has Rodgers and Samuel is now WR2 in Washington while McLaurin, even though most say he's freed up now, competes for targets and Claypool also is still the third in line for targets, though his are deeper. And Claypool won't have Big Ben after this year, most likely.

So...there's my thought process.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
21 minutes ago, rockaction said:

If you're win now, the Adams side. If you're like my team, the McLaurin side, but I'm pretty sure calcs would have Adams side by ADP, anyway. The Samuel for Meyers part makes it pretty even, actually. I'm high on Samuel, but also on Claypool and McLaurin, though I see why there are reasons to sell both.

One is that McLaurin will share targets with Samuel now and compete to be the apple of a new QBs eye. Then Claypool has off-the-field stuff like being already called a "diva" and the (admittedly posh and weird looking) bar fight he was involved in that they showed on TMZ.

So Adams still has Rodgers and Samuel is now WR2 in Washington while McLaurin, even though most say he's freed up now, competes for targets and Claypool also is still the third in line for targets, though his are deeper. And Claypool won't have Big Ben after this year, most likely.

So...there's my thought process.

Appreciate the breakdown of your thought process, we honestly share a lot of the same viewpoints on the players, within the context of this deal. I’m big on Claypool and McLaurin, but I’m win now (defending multiple title appearances in a row although I lost this past season) and couldn’t resist Adams. I actually rejected his initial offer two days ago, but he loves McLaurin so he checked back in with me to price match one last time before going for another deal. I added the Samuel for Meyer swap and took the plunge. 

• Like 1
23 hours ago, mzkp54 said:

12 team PPR SF IDP

Josh Allen, Tee Higgins, 4.09

for

Russell Wilson, Ceedee Lamb, ‘22 2nd

I choose the team getting the Wilson side and it's not even close.  I think that team won at all 3 points in the deal.

• Like 3
9 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

14 team PPR

Gave:

Got:

There is a huge x-factor here...QB's...Ben looks like he is probably in his last year, who knows what the future QB situation is with Washington, if there is a God Cam will not be the QB for the Pats past preseason and Rodgers and the Packers always seem to have a little drama going on as well...due to that this deal could look far different in a year (good or bad...for either side)...no doubt this is a fair deal but to really judge it I would need to see who the other WRs are on each team...IMO roster construction would really determine whether I would make this deal (on either side)...I will say that Samuel is a nice addition to Adams as he is still only 24 and appears to still have more fantasy upside.

Edited by Boston
5 minutes ago, Boston said:

There is a huge x-factor here...QB's...Ben looks like he is probably in his last year, who knows what the future QB situation is with Washington, if there is a God Cam will not be the QB for the Pats past preseason and Rodgers and the Packers always seem to have a little drama going on as well...due to that this deal could look far different in a year (good or bad...for either side)...no doubt this is a fair deal but to really judge it I would need to see who the other WRs are on each team...IMO roster construction would really determine whether I would make this deal (on either side)...I will say that Samuel is a nice addition to Adams as he is still only 24 and appears to still have more fantasy upside.

Yeah, I didn't address the WAS QB situation uphtread when I first thought about it. Fitzmagic is on a one-year deal and all WAS has is Heinecke and Allen backing him up. As for NE, I don't even think Cam matters because it doesn't seem to me like Jakobi Meyers is really even fantasy viable anymore. I think NE drafts somebody to be outside and Bourne plays slot when they go three-wide. Not to mention that NE should run a lot of 12 personnel this year, or if they don't, they like to have a fullback, too, so there's only two receivers seeing the field an awful lot. All is not trending upwards for Jakobi, that's for sure. He's actually a cut candidate on my roster, TBH.

Zealots Field PPR

Traded Josh Jacobs and 2021 4.11

Received 1.08 and 2021 6.01

My reasoning - I am still solid at RB (Barkley, Dillon, Dobbins, McCaffrey and pieces) and I just don't have a good feeling about what it happening in Las Vegas with them bringing in Drake.  This leaves me with 1.03/1.04/1.08.  With the 1.03/1.04, I am certain to get at least one of Harris/Etienne/Williams; with the 1.08, I can go BPA of a great group of options between Harris, Etienne, Williams, Chase, Waddle, Smith, Pitts and either Moore/Bateman/Lawrence.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

14 team PPR

Gave:

Got:

I'd want McLaurin and Claypool (Meyers is borderline drop).

Its very possible Adams won't have Rodgers after this year.

1 minute ago, Spike said:

Zealots Field PPR

Traded Josh Jacobs and 2021 4.11

Received 1.08 and 2021 6.01

My reasoning - I am still solid at RB (Barkley, Dillon, Dobbins, McCaffrey and pieces) and I just don't have a good feeling about what it happening in Las Vegas with them bringing in Drake.  This leaves me with 1.03/1.04/1.08.  With the 1.03/1.04, I am certain to get at least one of Harris/Etienne/Williams; with the 1.08, I can go BPA of a great group of options between Harris, Etienne, Williams, Chase, Waddle, Smith, Pitts and either Moore/Bateman/Lawrence.

Huh. Your reasoning sounds like a "hear me out..."

I don't think you got quite enough for Jacobs, but everybody's mileage is going to vary with him and you have RBs (though why Dillon is there as a solid guy I don't know. I have Dillon, too. I don't expect to use him unless Jones gets hurt). I wouldn't trade the 1.05 for Jacobs, so maybe that's what you could get. But I think I would have waited and tried to get a player instead because I'm personally -- and this just me -- not sold on the players one is getting at the middle and back of the first round. Feels like there's better value in the second at WR than there is in the first. Which sounds stupid. But really might not be.

That said, watch Waddle fall to you and be the second coming of Tyreek Hill. That may very well happen, and if you value the dart throw more than Jacobs, then so be it. I just don't see the value at 1.08 there. Especially for a starting running back in the league.

Then again, I really don't think I like Jacobs or the 1.08 given what they both brought to the table before last year's draft. That's probably what's coloring my opinion.

9 minutes ago, rockaction said:

Yeah, I didn't address the WAS QB situation uphtread when I first thought about it. Fitzmagic is on a one-year deal and all WAS has is Heinecke and Allen backing him up. As for NE, I don't even think Cam matters because it doesn't seem to me like Jakobi Meyers is really even fantasy viable anymore. I think NE drafts somebody to be outside and Bourne plays slot when they go three-wide. Not to mention that NE should run a lot of 12 personnel this year, or if they don't, they like to have a fullback, too, so there's only two receivers seeing the field an awful lot. All is not trending upwards for Jakobi, that's for sure. He's actually a cut candidate on my roster, TBH.

I would be real careful cutting Myers, I think you are under-rating him...I am not saying he is going to be an All-Pro but he is a solid WR and I would wait to see if he takes another jump from year 2 to year 3 like he did from year 1 to year 2...if he does and the Pats move on from Cam he could be a solid bench guy...if Cam is the starter then you can move on from him as I don't see him making anyone fantasy viable.

6 minutes ago, ffmail4me said:

Just traded Kirk for Brady in a 1 QB dynasty league. Feels AWFUL trading for a QB of his age, but I only had Bridgewater and Jones on my roster. :bag:

Good trade for you.  You won't miss Kirk, who will no doubt just eat a roster spot for the other team and I doubt he is penciled into his Sunday lineup very often, if ever.

6 minutes ago, ffmail4me said:

Just traded Kirk for Brady in a 1 QB dynasty league. Feels AWFUL trading for a QB of his age, but I only had Bridgewater and Jones on my roster. :bag:

A steal...you got a potential top 10 QB this year for nothing and have given yourself time to figure out your long-term QB situation...what a horrible trade for the other guy.

1 minute ago, Boston said:

I would be real careful cutting Myers, I think you are under-rating him...I am not saying he is going to be an All-Pro but he is a solid WR and I would wait to see if he takes another jump from year 2 to year 3 like he did from year 1 to year 2...if he does and the Pats move on from Cam he could be a solid bench guy...if Cam is the starter then you can move on from him as I don't see him making anyone fantasy viable.

Yeah, that's true. He had a very serviceable year last year. But how much faith do the Pats have in him? Meyers was deep down the wide receiver pecking order last year until everybody got hurt. Anyway, I won't cut him until we have to go to 51 (it's pretty much full IDP so you need nine defensive guys and backups, too). Roster constraints are what they are. I'm also trying to balance last year's rookies (Ruggs, Mims, Tyler Johnson) with usable talent, and that would mean talking about cutting him when I've got Chark, Godwin, McLaurin, Gallup, etc., all of whom have roles, at least, even if they don't make up a truly formidable corps.  

It's really roster-specific.

1 minute ago, rockaction said:

Yeah, that's true. He had a very serviceable year last year. But how much faith do the Pats have in him? Meyers was deep down the wide receiver pecking order last year until everybody got hurt. Anyway, I won't cut him until we have to go to 51 (it's pretty much full IDP so you need nine defensive guys and backups, too). Roster constraints are what they are. I'm also trying to balance last year's rookies (Ruggs, Mims, Tyler Johnson) with usable talent, and that would mean talking about cutting him when I've got Chark, Godwin, McLaurin, Gallup, etc., all of whom have roles, at least, even if they don't make up a truly formidable corps.  

It's really roster-specific.

I think by the end of the year he was the only one they had faith in...remember we are talking about a UDFA who was a QB at the beginning of his college career so he wasn't exactly on the fast-track to being an NFL WR...I like those guys on your roster better than him but I think he is very worthy of a roster spot if you have one...would hate to cut him then he turns into the binky of a new QB (I am praying there is one)...the Pats have had some good success with these out-of-nowhere guys in Troy Brown, David Givens, Welker and Edelman...if they figure out "the system" they can put up numbers...by no means do I think he is gonna be a stud but I do think at age 24 he is worth rostering for at least 3 or 4 games this season to see if he can take his game to another level.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Boston said:

if there is a God Cam will not be the QB for the Pats past preseason

I think it’s that other guy, not God, who works to help that Pats.

• Like 3
  • Laughing 2

Christian Kirk is an interesting case. Tantalizing at times, mostly frustrating. Good athlete, college stats and breakout, some solid NFL games, still 24 until mid season. But AZ clearly doesn’t want him to be their #1 WR. Not quite the WR6 like that one thread talks about. I probably will just hold where I have him. 

39 minutes ago, IHEARTFF said:

Christian Kirk is an interesting case. Tantalizing at times, mostly frustrating. Good athlete, college stats and breakout, some solid NFL games, still 24 until mid season. But AZ clearly doesn’t want him to be their #1 WR. Not quite the WR6 like that one thread talks about. I probably will just hold where I have him. 

He was honestly the first guy I thought of when I read that thread.

FFPC 12 team SF

Gave: 2022 2nd (probably mid)

Got: Fitzpatrick, 2022 3rd (late)

This is a "Studs & Duds" type team that I took over this year. Only had Mahomes at QB. Fitz makes this team competitive this year. Still a couple pieces short of being a contender.

20 minutes ago, IHEARTFF said:

Yeah fair enough. More like a wr5 imo but same concept. 

AJ Green is done and I have no idea what they were thinking bringing him in. Fitz is gone. Kirk is going to have a big chance to bring clarity to this question this season. He is kind of one of the posterchildren for that WR6 concept though unless he can emerge out of it. I feel like he can but I keep coming back to the idea that AZ hates him. He is basically free right now though.

• Like 1

I will take a beating  on this perhaps

12 team, ppt, flex

Sent off

Amari Cooper, Diantae Johnson, Gus Edwards

Got

1.3, 2.3,

2021 1, 2021 2nd

21 picks will be 8 to 12, should be a playoff team

Gives me 1.3 along with 1.5, 1.7

Build around Antonio Gibson, Jefferson.   Still have some guys to deal, Rodgers, OBJ, D Parker  for a youth movement

12 minutes ago, domvin said:

I will take a beating  on this perhaps

12 team, ppt, flex

Sent off

Amari Cooper, Diantae Johnson, Gus Edwards

Got

1.3, 2.3,

2021 1, 2021 2nd

21 picks will be 8 to 12, should be a playoff team

Gives me 1.3 along with 1.5, 1.7

Build around Antonio Gibson, Jefferson.   Still have some guys to deal, Rodgers, OBJ, D Parker  for a youth movement

I feel like I'm one of the leaders sticking up for Amari and one was one the original Diontae Johnson flag planters so coming from me I like the trade for you. The guy you get at 1.3 is likely immediately more valued, not saying better off the bat but more valued and including those other picks I'd take your side easily.

12 minutes ago, Twenty-Four Eighty-Four said:

1 QB, PPR

Team A gave 2.02

Team B gave Denzel Mims

I don't know. I roster Mims and would be hesitant to part with him there because that's right around where I drafted him and I don't think you'll get as accomplished a receiver with his physical profile and breakout age/comparison level at the 2.02. If you think you can get a running back that'll make a difference there, I'd do it, but that seems to be a big if right how. Mims was hurt for most of last year and is still tied to this front office and they've brought in Davis and Keelan Cole, with Jamison Crowder likely to be a cap casualty. I'm no huge Mims fan, either, as those in the Jets thread will tell you. I've now watched him play in the pros and he certainly didn't hit the ground dominant. But that'd be something I thought about long and hard before I did.

Depends on the draft and the running back landing spots, to me.

On 4/16/2021 at 1:50 PM, PantherThunder said:

Team A got Swift

Love team B's haul in this one.

36 minutes ago, ghostguy123 said:

FFPC (standard)

Will Fuller, Raheem Mostert, Hunter Henry, 4.05

For

2022 1st (could be anywhere but probably lean 60-40 it's a playoff team

Love those types of deals to get a future first.  Quantity for a chance for quality.

1 hour ago, Twenty-Four Eighty-Four said:

1 QB, PPR

Team A gave 2.02

Team B gave Denzel Mims

I'm not high on Mims so I would definitely do it...worst case you should equal Mims but this is a good draft and I think you will be able to get a better prospect or have a better trade chip if you are looking to make another move.