What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2015 "Odds and Ends" Fantasy Quiz (1 Viewer)

Mr. Irrelevant

IBL Representative
Before next August, we'll read countless stories about who's gone where in FA and the draft, who's tearing it up in TC, etc., but the best predictor of future fantasy performance is past performance ... so I typically like to examine the season that was before too much of the playoffs infect my thinking with recency bias. Let's see how well FBG's collective wisdom does against some under-the-radar stats from the 2015 fantasy season.

All statistics and rankings below are based on the full (17-week) regular season and use PFR as the source. (But you're not allowed to! :P ) I'll update the OP with correct answers as they come in and respond to other guesses in groups as needed.
------------

1. It should surprise no one to learn that three of this season's top 5 qualifying QBs in PFR's adjusted yards per attempt (which incorporates TDs and INTs) were MVP candidates Carson Palmer, Russell Wilson, and Tom Brady. Who were the other two?

2. Of RBs to finish in the top 15 in fantasy scoring (PPR or standard), which one did so on the fewest total touches?
A: David Johnson. He finished RB7 on only 161 touches, averaging 4.65 YPC and 12.69 YPR. The average top-15 RB not named David Johnson got there on 271 touches!

3. It's tough to finish as an RB1 without putting up several TDs at least ... but this year two guys managed top-12 seasons in PPR while scoring on fewer than 2% of their total touches. Who were they?

4. Only two RBs this season topped the 5 YPC mark on as few as 100 rushing attempts. Name them.
Bonus: Who recorded the two highest YPC marks among the top 24 PPR fantasy RBs, and what do they have in common?

5. Which three RBs posted the lowest YPC averages among those with at least 150 carries on the season?

6. Of the top 12 WRs in fantasy points (standard scoring), how many were 24 or younger as of Dec. 31? Name them.

7. Of the top 36 WRs in fantasy points (standard scoring), how many were in their 30s at season's end?

8. Only three guys recorded at least 70 receptions while averaging at least 16 YPR in 2015. Who were they?

9. Normally, the league leaders in catch rate are low-YPR possession or slot receivers. But this year's leader (based on PFR target data, other sources may vary) among the top 36 WRs actually recorded a higher YPR (13.7) than Antonio Brown or DeAndre Hopkins. Who was he?

10. The Gary Barnidge story is well-documented, but of limited dynasty interest as Barnidge will be 31 next season. But who was the youngest TE to finish in the top 10 in standard scoring leagues in 2015?

Fun Bonus Question: You'd think that a QB season like 372/544 (68.4%), 4,544 yds (8.4 Y/A), 45 TD, 9 INT, and a 114.6 rating would make somebody a no-brainer MVP. Yet this exact stat line was put up in 2015, and it hasn't even entered into the MVP conversation. Who delivered this eye-popping performance?
The 16 QBs (well, 13 QBs, counting Newton, Ryan, and Winston twice each) who faced the Saints' defense this season.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fun Bonus Question: You'd think that a QB season like 372/544 (68.4%), 4,544 yds (8.4 Y/A), 45 TD, 9 INT, and a 114.6 rating would make somebody a no-brainer MVP. Yet this exact stat line was put up in 2015, and it hasn't even entered into the MVP conversation. Who delivered this eye-popping performance?
There was no QB who threw for 40+ TDs this year...

I noticed that too. Brady had the most TDs this year with 36. I'm not sure where he pulled that stat line from.

JNox3 said:
It doesn't say threw for 40+ TDs...Cam
Cam didn't complete 68% of his passes or throw for 4544yds

JNox3 said:
It doesn't say threw for 40+ TDs...Cam
OK, that makes more sense but Cam has been talked about being the MVP for at least a month if not more.

My best guess is Russell Wilson but when I look up his stats they do not match what is posted in the question. I can't find any player that match those stats.

My best guess is Russell Wilson but when I look up his stats they do not match what is posted in the question. I can't find any player that match those stats.
What fun would a "fun bonus question" be if you could just look someone's stats up? You need to think outside the box a little on that one.

2. Of RBs to finish in the top 15 in fantasy scoring (PPR or standard), which one did so on the fewest total touches?

As a Lamar Miller owner, it almost has to be him for someone who played (started) all 16 weeks. But in my league (non-standard), David Johnson actually finished in the top 10 despite only starting about 1/3 of the year.

Where is the source of this quiz, I would like to see who the person is who did this quiz, because the bonus question doesnt match up with anyone.

What fun would a "fun bonus question" be if you could just look someone's stats up? You need to think outside the box a little on that one.
No one got those stats this year, that is not thinking outside the box, it is just a bad question.

Think outside the box? All the thinking wont change the factual stats.

Before looking up any stats I was going to guess Kirk Cousins. He had a surprisingly great year without anyone knowing.

Where is the source of this quiz, I would like to see who the person is who did this quiz, because the bonus question doesnt match up with anyone.
:D Hint: The stat line was not put up by any single person.
OK, so this is a combined stat line for a team. This will take some time to figure out.
No combination of the same QBs from a team have the combined stats of this.

Passing TDs with the amount of INTs add up for nobody, even if you include rushing TDs, no match.

Of the QBs who played all 16 games, their backups do not have the stats to line up.

To have an MVP season, your team needs to have success, so that eliminates the Browns and teams like that.

Of the QBs whose back up played a bit, like Ben and Dalton, their backups do not combine to help reach these stats, Texans with 4 QBs, not them either.

Adding the first round of the playoffs for giggles helps no one either.

As a Lamar Miller owner, it almost has to be him for someone who played (started) all 16 weeks. But in my league (non-standard), David Johnson actually finished in the top 10 despite only starting about 1/3 of the year.
David Johnson is correct. He finished RB7 on only 161 touches, averaging 4.65 YPC and 12.69 YPR. The average top-15 RB not named David Johnson got there on 271 touches!

No combination of the same QBs from a team have the combined stats of this.

Passing TDs with the amount of INTs add up for nobody, even if you include rushing TDs, no match.

Of the QBs who played all 16 games, their backups do not have the stats to line up.

To have an MVP season, your team needs to have success, so that eliminates the Browns and teams like that.

Of the QBs whose back up played a bit, like Ben and Dalton, their backups do not combine to help reach these stats, Texans with 4 QBs, not them either.

Adding the first round of the playoffs for giggles helps no one either.
I don't want to spend too much time going back and forth on this question when 9/10 of the "regular" questions are still unanswered, but you guys are way overthinking this. It was simply meant to highlight something that I personally found astonishing, not to test anyone's patience. I made it a bonus question because it has fantasy implications, but only in an indirect sense.

And the stats are for the 2015 regular season only, 16 games, not including last year's postseason, or this year's postseason, or anything funny like that.

Is the stat line based on time of play? Something like "combined winning QBs in Thursday night games" or average Monday Night performance or some such?

Total stats of QBs facing the Saints this year?

I never thought about it like that but I just checked it out and that is exactly right.

:lmao: Give that man a prize!

Amazing to think that the Saints' pass defense was soooo bad that a random collection of QBs facing them put up better-than-this-year's MVP stats.

And, yes, it was supposed to be a trick question. That's the only one, I promise.

Before next August, we'll read countless stories about who's gone where in FA and the draft, who's tearing it up in TC, etc., but the best predictor of future fantasy performance is past performance ... so I typically like to examine the season that was before too much of the playoffs infect my thinking with recency bias. Let's see how well FBG's collective wisdom does against some under-the-radar stats from the 2015 fantasy season.

All statistics and rankings below are based on the full (17-week) regular season and use PFR as the source. (But you're not allowed to! :P ) I'll update the OP with correct answers as they come in and respond to other guesses in groups as needed.

------------

1. It should surprise no one to learn that three of this season's top 5 qualifying QBs in PFR's adjusted yards per attempt (which incorporates TDs and INTs) were MVP candidates Carson Palmer, Russell Wilson, and Tom Brady. Who were the other two?

A: David Johnson. He finished RB7 on only 161 touches, averaging 4.65 YPC and 12.69 YPR. The average top-15 RB not named David Johnson got there on 271 touches!
3. It's tough to finish as an RB1 without putting up several TDs at least ... but this year two guys managed top-12 seasons in PPR while scoring on fewer than 2% of their total touches. Who were they?

4. Only two RBs this season topped the 5 YPC mark on as few as 100 rushing attempts. Name them.

Bonus: Who recorded the two highest YPC marks among the top 24 PPR fantasy RBs, and what do they have in common?

5. Which three RBs posted the lowest YPC averages among those with at least 150 carries on the season?

6. Of the top 12 WRs in fantasy points (standard scoring), how many were 24 or younger as of Dec. 31? Name them.

7. Of the top 36 WRs in fantasy points (standard scoring), how many were in their 30s at season's end?

8. Only three guys recorded at least 70 receptions while averaging at least 16 YPR in 2015. Who were they?

9. Normally, the league leaders in catch rate are low-YPR possession or slot receivers. But this year's leader (based on PFR target data, other sources may vary) among the top 36 WRs actually recorded a higher YPR (13.7) than Antonio Brown or DeAndre Hopkins. Who was he?

10. The Gary Barnidge story is well-documented, but of limited dynasty interest as Barnidge will be 31 next season. But who was the youngest TE to finish in the top 10 in standard scoring leagues in 2015?

The 16 QBs (well, 13 QBs, counting Newton, Ryan, and Winston twice each) who faced the Saints' defense this season.

1) Big Ben & Andy Dalton

3) Latavius Murray comes to mind. I think he hit 1k rushing with only 6 tds with a few more reception tds didn't look anything up - promise. I'm a huge Raiders fan and followed him closely all season).

4) Lamar Miller, Charles Sims

5) Melvin Gordon has to be one. Perhaps Alfred Blue & Chria Johnson, too.

3) Latavius Murray comes to mind. I think he hit 1k rushing with only 6 tds with a few more reception tds didn't look anything up - promise. I'm a huge Raiders fan and followed him closely all season).
Good call, Darren McFadden is the other..

9) John Brown and Allen Robinson are my best guesses.

10) it's gotta be between Jordan Reed and Travis Kelce. I want to say Reed is the younger.

:D Hint: The stat line was not put up by any single person.
So, these multiple guys are going split an MVP award? Maybe that's why nobody was talking about it... You know, because MVP doesn't stand for Most Valuable Players. If it did, we'd only be talking about Tob Bradkowski as it would be a runaway.

1. Dalton & Taylor

3. DMC finished 13th in PPR. Doug Martin scored on 2.2%. Bernard finished 15th.

4. Mathews & Rawls

5. Melvin Gordon, Demarco Murray, and Jeremy Hill. Overhyped Langford (3.6) and Matt Jones (3.4) were very close to qualifying.

6. Robinson, Beckham, Hopkins, Cooks (surprised he made it in the top 12)

7. Five

8. Robinson, Evans, Gronk

9. Doug Baldwin

10. Richard Rodgers

Pretty evil to imply the answer to the bonus question was eligible for MVP nomination :devil:

Users who are viewing this thread