What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Devontae Booker (1 Viewer)

Booker is not Jacobs.   Jets run D is solid.  Raiders are not a great team. 
He salvaged a few points late.  Wasn’t bad...wasn’t good.  Would have been nice to get that score over Carr...

Thinking I possibly drop him as not sure i could trust him in the playoffs if Jacobs misses any other games (their schedule is rough for a backup)

He salvaged a few points late.  Wasn’t bad...wasn’t good.  Would have been nice to get that score over Carr...

Thinking I possibly drop him as not sure i could trust him in the playoffs if Jacobs misses any other games (their schedule is rough for a backup)
Next week is not going to be pretty for the Raiders run game. 

Another next to useless spot start RB statline. See Mattison, Edmonds and about two dozen others this year.
Were you expecting a breakout game against this run D?

His upside this week was if the Raiders got up fast and then could grind the clock. That didn't happen, but Booker got 16 carries (the vast majority) which is what I hoped for in starting him.

He ended with a floor game netting 50 and a catch. I don't regret starting him because of that opportunity, knowing sledding would be tough against the only thing the Jets are doing well this year -- stopping the run.

His upside this week was if the Raiders got up fast and then could grind the clock. That didn't happen, but Booker got 16 carries (the vast majority) which is what I hoped for in starting him.

He ended with a floor game netting 50 and a catch. I don't regret starting him because of that opportunity, knowing sledding would be tough against the only thing the Jets are doing well this year -- stopping the run.
Per this week's League Dominator, they have the Jets ranked as the 11th easiest against the run.  That hardly seems like a tough run D.

Per this week's League Dominator, they have the Jets ranked as the 11th easiest against the run.  That hardly seems like a tough run D.
Either the site is wrong or you are reading it wrong -- they are 11th in both least rush yards allowed and yrds allowed per game, and 4th in yds per attempt -- though they can be scored on on the ground (21st in rush TDs allowed). 

No, not a breakout game but better than 50 yards, the majority of which were ground out late, he had almost nothing through 3 quarters. No, the comment was more specifically about the amount of times replacement RBs come along and get everyone excited to the extend they're talking of benching true studs to accommodate them, only for it to fail miserably. It happens many times, every year and I fall for it myself occasionally, Edmonds springs to mind. Booker got about his floor in this game while many were expecting top 10ish numbers. I'm glad I missed him on waivers and started Gallman instead. I must admit, i'd have fallen into that trap myself otherwise.

Well that was about as exciting as Brian Hill the week before. Jets have been decent VS the run of late but he just never seemed to get in a flow.

BoerumHill said:
Well that was about as exciting as Brian Hill the week before. Jets have been decent VS the run of late but he just never seemed to get in a flow.
I wasn’t expecting much but thought he would produce a little more. 

He was not even used in the passing game like he is when Jacobs is healthy
Richard and Riddick both had one target and Booker had 2. So its within the average of 5 targets to the RB per game.

Booker only played 33 snaps (43%) but he had 18 opportunities in the game.

Richard played 32 snaps (41%) and had 5 opportunities.

Riddick played 13 snaps (17%) and had 4 opportunities.

This game was almost an even split in snaps between Booker and Richard but Booker gets the ball a lot more when he is on the field.

Giants signed RB Devontae Booker, formerly of the Raiders, to a two-year, $6 million contract.

Fresh off a season in which he handled 110 touches behind Josh Jacobs, Booker lands in a similar role that allowed Wayne Gallman to emerge for six touchdowns off the bench. It's not as ideal a situation as backing up oft-injured Jacobs, but it's possible Booker sees more time than expected if the Giants bring Saquon Barkley along slowly to start the year. 28-year-old Booker has also flashed proven pass-catching chops in the event Barkley does go down again.

SOURCE: Jeremy Fowler on Twitter

Mar 15, 2021, 8:23 PM ET

... so the Giants signed him because Gallman Jr.was going to make more? Booker is ok but I dunno about this.
Yeah I'm surprised they couldn't get Gallman for around that. Although they kept taking him out for Alf Morris down the stretch, so maybe that staff wasn't enamored with Gallman. I thought he looked pretty good.

Giants general manager Dave Gettleman said Devontae Booker is a three-down running back. 

“You can never have too many good player," Gettleman said in justifying the mystifying signing of Booker, 28, to a two year, $6 million deal. The Booker signing is the latest in Gettleman overpaying for replaceable backs, standard fare for a GM who has mocked the use of analytics in pro sports. Gettleman's praise of Booker makes the veteran a decent late-round selection for Zero RB drafters seeking potential volume in the case of a starter's injury. Booker has been a reliable pass catcher in his five NFL seasons, totaling more than 30 receptions in each of his first three years in the league. Saquon Barkely coming back after an ACL tear means Booker won't have much, if any, weekly fantasy usefulness. 

RELATED: 

Saquon Barkley

SOURCE: Zack Blatt on Twitter 

Apr 20, 2021, 12:38 PM ET

Devontae Booker had 16 rushes for 42 yards and a touchdown in the Giants' Week 5 loss to the Cowboys, adding three receptions for 16 yards and a touchdown. 

That Booker converted two touchdowns in a blowout loss is beside the point for fantasy managers who might pursue him on the waiver wire this week. Barkley (ankle), seen after the game using crutches, could miss significant time with his latest injury, leaving Booker -- who the Giants paid handsomely for a backup running back -- a bellcow role in Big Blue's offense. That seemingly includes the kind of pass catching work that raises a back's weekly floor and ceiling and makes them less sensitive to game script. Booker will have 15-18 touches in his range of outcomes for as long as he's the Giants' starting back. He faces a stout Rams front seven in Week 6. 

RELATED: 

Saquon Barkley

Oct 10, 2021, 8:06 PM ET

killface said:
It's an excellent question.  He didn't look that good to me and it's only a sprain for saquan and everyone is injured so...
And he's got the Rams and Carolina next. Brutal matchups but he's a warm body for injury depleted teams

Devontae Booker rushed 12 times for 41 yards in the Giants' Week 6 loss to the Rams, adding four catches for 28 yards.

Booker saw 12 of the Giants' 15 running back carries and 4-of-6 targets that went to running backs. However, Elijah Penny punched in a goal line carry near the end of the game for New York's only score. Missing out on the scoring opportunity is frustrating for fantasy managers who looked to Booker this week but his large share of the touches points to better days going forward. He should be treated as a low-end RB2 until Saquon Barkley returns from his ankle injury. 

- NBC SportsEDGE

Devontae Booker rushed 15 times for 60 yards and caught 5-of-6 targets for 65 yards in the Giants' Week 8 loss to the Chiefs Monday night.

The 20 touches were Booker's most in a game since filling in for an injured Saquon Barkley, and he was basically the offense in this one with Sterling Shepard (quad) injured in the second quarter, Kenny Golladay already out, and Kadarius Toney seemingly on a snap count. It sounds like Barkley is nearing a return from his ankle sprain and could play Week 9 against the Raiders. Booker has been a reliable volume-based RB2 in his absence.

- NBC SportsEDGE

Giants released RB Devontae Booker.

Booker, 30 in May, joins fellow veteran TE Kyle Rudolph as Wednesday cuts for new Giants GM Joe Schoen, who is making it a point to trim the fat ex-GM Dave Gettleman left behind. Booker has had a productive past two seasons for the Raiders and Giants, but he's one-and-done in New York after posting 145-593-2 on the ground for the G-Men last season as Saquon Barkley's backup and injury replacement. Booker's release saves the Giants $2.125 million against the salary cap.

- Dan Duggan, Twitter

Users who are viewing this thread