What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Devontae Booker (1 Viewer)

I ALWAYS check this Message board first. ALWAYS.

Except for this one..I am so TICKED off at my self for this rookie-#### mistake...ARGHHHHH.

Dope, huh? That's my name?  GRRRRRRRR.

C.J. Anderson - RB - Broncos
NFL Network's Mike Garafolo reports C.J. Anderson (knee) is expected to miss "at least a few weeks."
Garafolo's colleague, Ian Rapoport, adds that it's possible Anderson could miss the rest of the season. Anderson is getting a second opinion on Wednesday to see how severe the injury is. Anderson was able to play through it Monday night, and this comes as quite a big shock. Moving forward, Devontae Booker figures to handle every-down duties and will be backed up by special teamer Kapri Bibbs. Booker is an immediate RB1 for Week 8 vs. San Diego.

Are we expecting Booker to be the bell cow or will Bibbs get enough carries to keep Booker from being a true #1 stud on Sunday? 

Kindof a D move on the counterparty if he took advantage of new news in a way.
I don't think he did. Because it wasn't an offer made electronically, we did it face to face so I knew he wasn't checking. When was this news announced? We made the deal at 11:30 eastern this morning.

Plus even if he did...that's good on him. He knows I'm a savvy player. i'm responsible for me and my team.

We all need one of these every 10 years or so.

As a FYI for value...I just traded Booker to the CJA owner for Derrick Henry (im the DeMarco owner) in my redraft.

I just want to wish everyone in here good luck with Devontae. I don't feel good letting Booker go, I just feel better with the handcuff.
My God...... This is the move that loses you a title

You're joking right?
The funniest part of all this to me is that I didn't even GLANCE at all of the posts thrown up today and I always do that too, I don't want to be that guy just saying something someone else said. Not today though...nope...just jump right into the thread (like I jumped into that trade...which was MY IDEA by the way) and post away.

Look before you leap. Measure twice...cut once. Rock and Roll Hoochie Koo.

Are we expecting Booker to be the bell cow or will Bibbs get enough carries to keep Booker from being a true #1 stud on Sunday? 
Based on what I've seen from Booker (and not seen from Bibbs) I think Booker is catapulted into top 10 territory this week. Maybe higher.

My God...... This is the move that loses you a title
To Be fair...my team is really strong (thanks to this place of course)

I can start 3 RBs and I have Zeke, DeMarco and Spencer. My title hopes aren't exactly dashed, but I could have gotten more than Henry from him.

Im texting with the other guy right now...he didn't even know.

Don't forget who you all are...you are (we are) FREAKS. That's why we win when playing non-freaks.

NFL Network's Mike Garafolo reports C.J. Anderson (knee) is expected to miss "at least a few weeks."
Garafolo's colleague, Ian Rapoport, adds that it's possible Anderson could miss the rest of the season. Anderson is getting a second opinion on Wednesday to see how severe the injury is. Anderson was able to play through it Monday night, and this comes as quite a big shock. Moving forward, Devontae Booker figures to handle every-down duties and will be backed up by special teamer Kapri Bibbs. Booker is an immediate RB1 for Week 8 vs. San Diego.
:popcorn:

Last edited by a moderator:
That sounds about right...  It looked like he got nailed right in the shin last game. 
If it wasn't the ACL it's a bone bruise. Odd that it would cause him to potentially miss the rest of the season, per Ian Rapoport. Must be quite the injury, maybe more than a bone bruise or even some cartilage damage. 

Don't like to wish injuries on anyone, but ####### do I need Book to supplant CJA as the starter going forward. Gonna start poking voodoo dolls here soon...
(add note to innerweb notebook to not anger ATB)

If it wasn't the ACL it's a bone bruise. Odd that it would cause him to potentially miss the rest of the season, per Ian Rapoport. Must be quite the injury, maybe more than a bone bruise or even some cartilage damage. 
Yeah I will defer to you on any medical or Injury mechanism questions :) .

I thought when he got up he looked like he was in the type of immediate extreme pain you get when you get kicked in the shins.  It seems like ACL tears are usually less immediately painful as players sometimes don't even realize it's a serious injury. It could always be both...  Lol. 

Yeah I will defer to you on any medical or Injury mechanism questions :) .

I thought when he got up he looked like he was in the type of immediate extreme pain you get when you get kicked in the shins.  It seems like ACL tears are usually less immediately painful as players sometimes don't even realize it's a serious injury. It could always be both...  Lol. 
If it were both we'd know today. He wouldn't need a second opinion unless it was only partially torn and they were deciding between surgery or rest. 

Bone bruises can last like 8-10 months... they are nasty. Bones have a bad blood supply. They take a long time to heal. See my post in the Dez Bryant thread on page 55 for details on bone healing

Now Ian Rapoport is saying CJ is out for at least a few weeks with a "bone bruise", possibly longer
wow now I read it could be for the season ... man sorry to see that for C.J., but as a booker (stashed since draft) owner, feeling optimistic on these next few games, especially after Monday night.

If it were both we'd know today. He wouldn't need a second opinion unless it was only partially torn and they were deciding between surgery or rest. 

Bone bruises can last like 8-10 months... they are nasty. Bones have a bad blood supply. They take a long time to heal. See my post in the Dez Bryant thread on page 55 for details on bone healing
I'm sure I'll need corrections on this too,  but if it is the shin doesn't that take a long time to heal due to lack of blood flow? 

I'm sure I'll need corrections on this too,  but if it is the shin doesn't that take a long time to heal due to lack of blood flow? 
any bone. Pretty much anything white in the body doesn't receive much blood. Anything red does. over simplifies it but it is pretty much true across the board. Cartilage is white, bad blood supply. Bone. Labrum/meniscus. nerves

It did. :ph34r:

No really dude, it did work. :shock:

(add note to innerweb notebook to not anger ATB)

Hooooooooooooooooly ####  :ph34r:

**takes needle out of voodoo doll**

**sticks needle into DeMarco Murray doll**

**waits a week, turns on ESPN expectantly...**

how crazy would it be... 

I did this once with Tom Brady. Wished he'd tear his ACL and the next game poof. I felt bad and then I realized it's Tom Brady. You're welcome Shark Pool. 

League with tight roster limits and both Booker and Moncrief were on the WW. Pained me not to go after Moncrief first but I'm stacked at WR with my first-place team so I went with Booker. Couldn't resist the chance to add a RB1 to my lineup. 

Wooooooo!

Just a few of weeks ago I was worried who I'd get to start at RB in week 9 with David Johnson and Blount going on bye. Since then Charles and CJ have gotten injured, so now I have Ware and Booker as bye week filler.

Now I have an interesting choice did week 8...

DJ

Ware

Blount

Booker

Need to pick 3 out of the 4 to start.

Just under 50% of my remaining FAAB and it was $2 more than the runner-up bid. 
Thanks for the info.  Surprising the CJA injury didn't warrant a Breaking News email from FBG, which typically has updated advice on what to do as far as picking up backups like Booker.  The waiver wire article based on Upgrades/Downgrades still has no mention of CJA injury, and talks about the RBBC situation.

Very sad to see the lack of updates from FBG.  Considering this is a dream pickup scenario for a plug and play RB1 (at least for this week).

At least we have the Shark Pool.  Thanks for all of your guys' contributions.

Very tight roster limits. Best ball (2 of 3 RBs count). 3 and only 3 RB's allowed. I've used 8 of 14 transactions. Have Ware, C-Mike & CJ. 4-3 (after starting 4-0). Really need to win against 2nd place team this week. Do I drop CJ for Booker or wait it out? Need to know very soon as free agency starts at 9 and someone will jump on him if I don't. I have a feeling Booker might take this job and run with it, obviously he does if injury is more serious.

Very tight roster limits. 3 and only 3 RB's allowed. I've used 8 of 14 transactions. Have Ware, C-Mike & CJ. 4-3 (after starting 4-0). Really need to win against 2nd place team this week. Do I drop CJ for Booker or wait it out? Need to know very soon as free agency starts at 9 and someone will jump on him if I don't. I have a feeling Booker might take this job and run with it, obviously he does if injury is more serious.
CJ is getting you no points for at least a few weeks. If you need to win, pick up Booker 

Very tight roster limits. Best ball (2 of 3 RBs count). 3 and only 3 RB's allowed. I've used 8 of 14 transactions. Have Ware, C-Mike & CJ. 4-3 (after starting 4-0). Really need to win against 2nd place team this week. Do I drop CJ for Booker or wait it out? Need to know very soon as free agency starts at 9 and someone will jump on him if I don't. I have a feeling Booker might take this job and run with it, obviously he does if injury is more serious.
They were approaching 50/50 prior to this news. 

Go get Booker. 

They were approaching 50/50 prior to this news. 

Go get Booker. 
Yeah this is probably a full-blown committee if both are healthy. Booker was looking great (Anderson was too). Broncos, like the Falcons, have a real luxury with two strong RBs they can use in the backfield. Might suck a little for fantasy but I think both guys are at least solid RB2 options when healthy so it really doesn't suck all that bad if you have them both and both are healthy just like it hasn't hurt Coleman and Freeman owners to this point for the most part. Of course now we have an injury hitting that backfield too. 

After missing out on the likes of Jordan Howard I'm throwing 2/3rd of my budget at him (which is everything I have left).  Hope this pans out.

Fine...got back Henry so if this happens I'm not so much a Dope

A lesson for everyone in this thread....don't make a deal before Saturday afternoon. There's ZERO reason to make a Wednesday, Thursday or Friday deal...wait until ####### Saturday. Well....unless the dude you are after is playing Thurdays night.

ahhh Ford it...a gallon of Guinness and a pint of Jamesons only takes away the pain a smidge. Good luck Booker owners. I hate you all.

Yeah this is probably a full-blown committee if both are healthy. Booker was looking great (Anderson was too). Broncos, like the Falcons, have a real luxury with two strong RBs they can use in the backfield. Might suck a little for fantasy but I think both guys are at least solid RB2 options when healthy so it really doesn't suck all that bad if you have them both and both are healthy just like it hasn't hurt Coleman and Freeman owners to this point for the most part. Of course now we have an injury hitting that backfield too. 
I wish I could have the luxury of them both on my roster. Unfortunately, we are limited to 3 and only 3 RB's, total. Best ball. I'm not dropping Ware or C-Mike, so I would've had to drop CJ. I ended up losing out on Booker anyway. I'll wait it out and see what happens with CJ. Good thing is with rosters this limited there are always decent FA's out there. Bernard, Asiata...and before you say you can't believe they're available - realize there are only 36 RB's rostered in the entire league. Bernard should probably be owned. Asiata, eh, maybe.

Users who are viewing this thread