What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

College RB Jaylen Wright, Tennessee (1 Viewer)

Austin Abbott
Jaylen Wright could truly be a STEAL in 2024

📍1st in Yards Per Attempt (7.4)
📍40 Time: 4.31 (99th%)
📍Early Declare

Here are ALL the boxes that Wright checks:

➖Pass Blocking: Gave up 0 sacks in 2023
➖Durability: Played 12+ Games in '22 + '23
➖Efficiency: 7.4 YPA in '23 (1st in CFB)
➖Size: 5'11, 210 lbs
➖Production: 1,013 Rushing Yards in '23
➖Speed: 4.31 40 time (99th%)

Listen to this:

Jaylen Wright was ABSURD in the open field as a RECEIVER, having the SAME amount of Missed Tackles Forced (5) as Marvin Harrison Jr. on 45 LESS Receptions.

In addition, Wright had another 43 Missed Tackles Forced as a runner and his BIG PLAY ability was blatantly obvious.

Ranking 16th in Break Away Yards (526) on JUST 136 Rushing Attempts (96th in CFB) is PROOF that Jaylen Wright has true HOME-RUN ability and GREAT vision.

Snoog’s Dynasty Society
Patience, burst, and explosion is Jaylen Wright’s game.

He’s going to be a 4.3 runner and he has the mechanics between the tackles to be consistent 📈

It’s been hard to transition from the WRs in this class over to the RBs, but I’m doing it for the combine.

I already had a big feeling after watching him in 2022/2023, but Jaylen Wright is likely going to be one of my favorite 2024 RBs.

Blazing speed…

To pair with the speed, he led the class in yards after contact per attempt 👍🏼

Jaylen Wright has a natural feel as a runner, the way he makes defenders miss in open field is effortless.

I only know of a few other RBs in the NFL with this speed/elusiveness in open field and two of them were rookies in 2023 👀

#NFLDraft2024

I watched about 8 games, from 2022/2023 and man oh man he’s really explosive and has excellent contact balance 💪🏼

Jeff Bell
Dynasty twitter a week ago “These idiots have Jaylen Wright RB1, lol”

Dynasty twitter now “so yeah, I just happened to be digging randomly on Jaylen Wright for no reason whatsoever and I love him. I happen to be first. Can’t believe no one is talking about him.”

The @Footballguys Rookie Guide is FREE!

152 player profiles.

Scouting reports
Round projections
1 QB and SF Big Boards
Player Comps

And more to come!

rookieguide.footballguys.com

Kudos again to @Joe Bryant and the team here at Footballguys on the free Rookie Guide.

Are most people sleeping on Wright? I'm thinking yes, because I'm reading several folks who are high on him, such as Ray Garvin from Destination Devy and Mel Kiper.

PFF College
Jaylen Wright's Career Overview at Tennessee:

🔶 90.8 PFF Grade
🔶 2,297 Rush Yards
🔶 6.3 Yards Per Carry
🔶 96 Missed Tackles Forced
🔶 71 Carries of 10+ Yards

Dane Brugler
#Tennessee RB Jaylen Wright reminds me a lot of Jerome Ford when he was coming out of Cincinnati.

Runs strong and balanced. Above average speed (HS 55-meter state champ). Wright will be a really nice addition to an NFL backfield.

Rotoviz
A little further down the list of the top in-game speedsters, one finds true junior running back Jaylen Wright. Only one qualifying RB posted a higher yards-per-carry average than Wright, who also boasted a yards-after-contact average of 4.1Wright comes in as one of the youngest RBs in the class.

He’s also been clocked at a top speed of 23.6 mph in practice. He reportedly ran a hand-timed 4.28 forty in high school and reached a vertical leap of 44 inches last offseason. The vertical leap was a test in which another former Tennessee RB, Alvin Kamara, also excelled. Wright’s shown he has the on-field explosiveness, and if he can confirm it at the combine, he’ll move up draft boards.

Tex

Last edited:
People are going to have a hard time passing on him outside the top 4 if he goes to a good spot in rd 2
True but I think you could also say that about a handful of other RB's.

I got the same thought after the combine I've had for the last two months. The draft gets intriguing at pick 5 in one start QB leagues, and Brian Thomas and the RB(s) that land well will be the main candidates.

Signed, guy with pick 6 in our league.

People are going to have a hard time passing on him outside the top 4 if he goes to a good spot in rd 2

I got the same thought after the combine I've had for the last two months. The draft gets intriguing at pick 5 in one start QB leagues, and Brian Thomas and the RB(s) that land well will be the main candidates.

I’m thinking the RB pendulum has officially swung too far based on what I’m seeing in these rookie rankings. Which of course is an opportunity.

The measurables are nice, but really it's all on where and when they are drafted isn't it. The idea of Jaylen Wright is great, until he goes in the 6th round to the Panthers.

Yeah for sure. Makes some interesting picks mid late rd 1.

If he goes to the Vikings in round #2, I think that makes him 1.05 in many leagues. But, if he goes to Denver in round #3 (Payton drafted Kamara and the comp is reasonable), that might be an even better fit. He’d be a great tandem with Javonte and I could see Denver having an Ingram/Kamara style running game next year.

OK. Not really relevant to the point that Wright, as a 6th round pick, would clearly not be the RB1 in this draft.
It is completely relevant as a response to you writing this: “ The idea of Jaylen Wright is great, until he goes in the 6th round to the Panthers.”

I’d rather see Wright go in the 2nd or 3rd round, but would be thrilled to see him go to a team like the Panthers with terrible RBs.

I’m thinking the RB pendulum has officially swung too far based on what I’m seeing in these rookie rankings. Which of course is an opportunity.
I would agree.
The caveat here is that the WR class is incredibly deep, we are looking at 15 guys that could earn legitimate roles this season, and that is not an exaggeration.

He's a prototypical "slasher" RB. Think in the same mold as Lesean Mccoy or Brian Westbrook. He's my RB1 on my draft board. Jamaal Charles ran a 4.36 forty and this guy ran a 4.38 forty. Other RB have better production, but I think his style adapts to the NFL better than the others.

If Brooks wasn't coming off an ACL, I'd have him rated over this guy, but he is coming off an ACL and if I am choosing between two comparable athletes, I'll take the guy without the torn ACL due to the high % chance of reinjury. He's a lot better than I think people think and is just as good of an athlete as most starting RB in the league right now. Whoever gets him is getting a perennial 1,000 yard rusher, imo.

Surprised he isn't getting more love. Jahmyr Gibbs ran a 4.36 and everyone fell in love. This guy is 2 inches taller and 10 lbs heavier than Gibbs and the difference between their straight line speed is 0.02. I think we're seriously sleeping on this guy.

Kyle Lindemann
RBs have been buried in the 2024 draft, but Tennessee’s Jaylen Wright deserves more buzz. He’s a patient runner with elite speed and contact balance that’s ideally suited for a zone scheme. #GBO

RAS profile. Not a big back, but 210+ lbs should alleviate most size concerns. Wright made Bruce Feldman’s Freaks List at No. 24. Doesn’t have a ton of miles on him either: just 397 touches in 3 years. Showed enough as a receiver in 2023. Expected Capital: Round 3.

LOL at the listed RAS Comps for Jaylen Wright as a RB...

Miles Sanders
Penn State

Reggie Bush
Southern California

Curtis Keaton
James Madison

Brian Mckenzie
Brigham Young

Bryant Koback
Toledo

Users who are viewing this thread