What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Devontae Booker (2 Viewers)

With 'breaking news' that CJA is done for year. How many Rbs are better than this guy ROS??

Johnson

Bell

Elliot

Murray

Mccoy?

Gordon? 

Gurley?

Miller?

He's almost a lock top 10 am I wrong?? 

I want to thank whomever was promoting Booker for the last three weeks leading up to this event. They shared that Bookers share of carries had been increasing every week leading up to the rumor that it could be a 50/50 split going into MNF. I actually waited too long and should've added Booker based upon the 50/50 info. However, I'll take luck this time. I spent 40% ($330 out of $1000) of my blind free agent bidding budget on Ty Montgomery on Tuesday night and bid $1 on Booker and another $1 on Eifert. Next closest bid was $151 for Montgomery and no bids on Booker or Eifert. I'm having a good week. Sorry, nobody else to share with but my anonymous FBG bros.

With 'breaking news' that CJA is done for year. How many Rbs are better than this guy ROS??

Johnson

Bell

Elliot

Murray

Mccoy?

Gordon? 

Gurley?

Miller?

CJ was RB12 in my league when he went down. Not too many tough matchups ROS, but until we see the guy carry the load for 20+ carries, I wouldn't put him above RB10-12. That said, he has obvious upside with the lack of competition and good defense. As an owner, I am excited about his prospects and am starting him this week over a few higher-projected names, as a natural skeptic I'm only cautiously optimistic those CJ points translate well.

CJ was RB12 in my league when he went down. Not too many tough matchups ROS, but until we see the guy carry the load for 20+ carries, I wouldn't put him above RB10-12. That said, he has obvious upside with the lack of competition and good defense. As an owner, I am excited about his prospects and am starting him this week over a few higher-projected names, as a natural skeptic I'm only cautiously optimistic those CJ points translate well.
CJ was also in a RBBC though. Booker will be a bell cow on an offense that afforded CJ enough opportunities in a committee to put up numbers that kept him in the top-15.

Without CJ to compete with, Booker is a lock for top-10 and very likely top-5 numbers going forward. 

I have Booker in every league I'm in. That being said, I doubt he gets bell-cow numbers with CJA being out.  I expect Kubiak to rotate in Bibbs and promote Juwan Thompson to the active roster, as well as possibly picking up a FA (CJ Spiller?) and giving Janivich more looks.

I have Booker in every league I'm in. That being said, I doubt he gets bell-cow numbers with CJA being out.  I expect Kubiak to rotate in Bibbs and promote Juwan Thompson to the active roster, as well as possibly picking up a FA (CJ Spiller?) and giving Janivich more looks.
AFAIK, Booker is the only competent pass blocker of those names. 

I keep refreshing 200 forward but CJ is still listed at #25 (101 points) and Booker  #36 (78 points). Curious how this will change the projections. 

He won't need Bell cow numbers to be top 10. He will be the redzone guy and he will get a lot of RZ looks.

I keep refreshing 200 forward but CJ is still listed at #25 (101 points) and Booker  #36 (78 points). Curious how this will change the projections. 
I don't think it updates mid week.  It shows Booker with 17 points this week (when it came out he was with 8) he should have jumped up based on this week alone.

I don't think it updates mid week.  It shows Booker with 17 points this week (when it came out he was with 8) he should have jumped up based on this week alone.
The weekly projections are updated at least (Booker #8 overall in my league's PPR format).

With Ware, Ingram, Lat. Murray, and Booker, I think will be starting Booker over Ingram in the flex and running with Ware and Murray.

I thought Bookers biggest knock was that he doesn't pass protect well? That was CJs major plus, anyways.
Kubiak was just quoted this week, I believe, saying he's confident in Booker as a pass-blocker so he's a 3 down back. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Johnson

Bell

Elliot

Murray

Mccoy?

Gordon? 

Gurley?

Miller?

I'm trying not to get TOO excited about his potential but I'm in agreement. It's hard for me not to see him as a stone-cold Top 10 lock barring injury the rest of the way. He's a three-down back with high TD upside. The Broncos are coming off a game where their RBs just scored twice and Booker got one of those TDs. It's not fiction to say he would've gotten that one had he been the starter for that game so you're looking at a 20-plus point game for him in that role. That's the kind of upside he now possesses moving forward.

Again, the only thing I see slowing him down is the threat of injury which could happen to any starting running back. The gap between him and his backup is much greater than the gap was between Anderson and Booker so there's no need in my opinion to worry about any committee forming here. The job is his as long as he stays healthy. He has looked fantastic lately and Kubiak clearly trusts and believes in him. If you drafted him or added him off the WW or via trade this is the type of player who can win fantasy championships for you. A mid-season 20-point plus per game player is a significant game-changer in fantasy. This is a Beckham-type addition to starting lineups in Week 8. I think it has that type of magnitude.   

I put him #7-10 ROS. There arent' a lot better than him. He is on one of the top rushing teams in the league with one of the top OL in the league. The talent behind him is unknown and questionable. He has room to be a top 5, but I'd put him at the lower end of top 10 ROS

I put him #7-10 ROS. There arent' a lot better than him. He is on one of the top rushing teams in the league with one of the top OL in the league. The talent behind him is unknown and questionable. He has room to be a top 5, but I'd put him at the lower end of top 10 ROS
Exactly what I am thinking Brew! I see him at #30 RB in the top 200 moving forward just now. I see this changing next week depending upon his performance this week. It might take a couple weeks to crack the top 10 moving forward, or not? I'm buying. Who would you rather have for the ROS - Booker or Ajayi? Tough call - both top 8 RB's for the ROS?

Exactly what I am thinking Brew! I see him at #30 RB in the top 200 moving forward just now. I see this changing next week depending upon his performance this week. It might take a couple weeks to crack the top 10 moving forward, or not? I'm buying. Who would you rather have for the ROS - Booker or Ajayi? Tough call - both top 8 RB's for the ROS?
Think I'd rather Booker. Ajayi has a pretty tough schedule come playoff time.

Using the T200 metrics, if you were to add 100% of CJ Anderson's ROS towards Booker....that lands him as ROS #4 behind Elliot and ahead of D Murray. If you factor in 50% of CJ Anderson's ROS towards Booker...that puts him in the ROS #10-12 range with Ware, Ingram, Miller and Ajayi.

My ROS RB rankings until I get to Booker, assuming PPR:

1. Bell- has not scored a TD and close to 23 points a game also missing first 3 weeks of the season should actually benefit him later.

2. David Johnson- workload a small concern later in season.

3. Elliot- workload/rookie wall  concern here as well but seems to get better every week. Only thing keeping him from Bell/Johnson tier is passing game usage not to their level.

4. Booker- schedule over next 3 weeks is great and overall no horrible matchups. I think he's more talented than CJ and unlike CJ does not have to contend with a back of his quality cutting into his usage and he's considerably fresher than most of his competition.

Honorable mention:

McCoy- hamstring issues could  put him out, hopefully anyway, till post bye so factoring in two missed games or one missed/one limited

Gordon- TD dependent is tough to bank on when you are not exactly tearing it up as runner

Ware-- I'd put him over Booker at 4 if I felt this is the best we see of Charles but if he can get a little healthier he can cut into Ware's usage at least just a little.

Murray- I had to edit this as I forgot about him but I still put him here due to workload concerns catching up on him later.

My ROS RB rankings until I get to Booker, assuming PPR:

1. Bell- has not scored a TD and close to 23 points a game also missing first 3 weeks of the season should actually benefit him later.

2. David Johnson- workload a small concern later in season.

3. Elliot- workload/rookie wall  concern here as well but seems to get better every week. Only thing keeping him from Bell/Johnson tier is passing game usage not to their level.

4. Booker- schedule over next 3 weeks is great and overall no horrible matchups. I think he's more talented than CJ and unlike CJ does not have to contend with a back of his quality cutting into his usage and he's considerably fresher than most of his competition.

Honorable mention:

McCoy- hamstring issues could  put him out, hopefully anyway, till post bye so factoring in two missed games or one missed/one limited

Gordon- TD dependent is tough to bank on when you are not exactly tearing it up as runner

Ware-- I'd put him over Booker at 4 if I felt this is the best we see of Charles but if he can get a little healthier he can cut into Ware's usage at least just a little.

Murray- I had to edit this as I forgot about him but I still put him here due to workload concerns catching up on him later.
Very interesting... No Ajayi here, okay. Ware looks really good and you are correct, if Charles returns things change some. KC "could" trade Charles to the NYG's? Makes dollars and sense for an aging, hurt RB? Then Ware would be totally intrenched. I hear KC loves him? Lots of loyalty to Charles. Booker in the top 4 RB ROS? Strong prediction. He passes the eye test and he has broken some nice long runs. He will be the guy. I believe in Booker and the DEN rush offense with a strong D. Those top 3 RB's you list are given. If you own them you're ecstatic. Now, the rest of us are looking to find that other diamond player. As of today our RB crop is Ware, Blount (flex), and Ingram. Looking at trading away Ingram and acquiring either Booker or Ajayi? That's why I love FootballGuys and you guys here on the Shark Pool! Not a given science, just an educated guess.

Very interesting... No Ajayi here, okay. Ware looks really good and you are correct, if Charles returns things change some. KC "could" trade Charles to the NYG's? Makes dollars and sense for an aging, hurt RB? Then Ware would be totally intrenched. I hear KC loves him? Lots of loyalty to Charles. Booker in the top 4 RB ROS? Strong prediction. He passes the eye test and he has broken some nice long runs. He will be the guy. I believe in Booker and the DEN rush offense with a strong D. Those top 3 RB's you list are given. If you own them you're ecstatic. Now, the rest of us are looking to find that other diamond player. As of today our RB crop is Ware, Blount (flex), and Ingram. Looking at trading away Ingram and acquiring either Booker or Ajayi? That's why I love FootballGuys and you guys here on the Shark Pool! Not a given science, just an educated guess.
No on Ajayi and if I"m wrong so be it but I know I would not want him over any of those RB's I mentioned above for ROS but not wanting to turn this into an Ajayi thread and list out why, but he's for sure top 10 for ROS.

I got Booker on two teams that are fairly deep at RB and I made the post because I was actually mulling this over yesterday. One team is a dynasty team with Bell, Booker, Ingram, Gurley, and Tevin Coleman and I felt that looking at ROS my second best RB was Booker.  I got a redraft team with Bell, Booker, McCoy,Tevin Coleman and same thing  I was thinking about that team was that Booker to me is my second most valuable RB for ROS.  I don't own Demarco or Elliot in any league but I do own Ajayi and all the other RB's I mentioned and just being honest with myself when I pondered this yesterday I felt and continue to feel there are only 3 RB's I take over him for ROS.

Nice menobrown! I understand we always want to root for our own players. Taking out of the equation personal bias can be a bit dicey. Putting Booker in at top 4 RB ROS is a very strong prediction. Yes, the landscape changes week to week, but I do agree that Booker has got to rank right there somewhere. Top 4, top 8, top 12 - that makes him a RB #1 for the ROS. Now, is he a top notch RB #1, or a low end RB #1? Booker is still a rookie with upside and lots to learn. That's why they play the game.

Booker is an easy top 10 RB ROS for me.  The Denver D is going to keep Denver in the lead or in every game at a minimum so Denver will continue to run all game.  And, Denver will not be in catch up mode allowing teams to just rush the QB play after play forcing Booker to pass block a ton.  Anyone that has Booker on their roster has struck gold.  I am not one of those and am very disappointed.  

I can't believe this, but I just got Odell Beckham for Booker, so the hype around all the FFB sites is real on Booker. I expect he should rip up the league over the next few weeks, but I don't think I could do much better than ODB even if Booker showed his stuff. I am not even sure I got the better end of the deal, but wanted a bird in the hand. I am ready to admit that it is entirely possible Booker is more valuable ROS, especially with ODB on bye this week, but I need a WR more than a RB and its O'dell freakin Beckham. This is redraft and his other WRs are Dez (coming back and who he was pushing for me to take) and Kelvin Benjamin. I told him I'd take Dez if it was still 2014 and sent my counter and he slept on it and it was accepted this morning! He needs a RB bad and is 2-5 with some bad schedule luck so is kinda desperate.

Just posting this to give an example of Booker's value as the new starter.

I drafted the guy and resisted the urge to drop him weeks 1-3.  I'll hang on. I have him as my lotto ticket with Smallwood and Richard.
Paid off. 

Got him in the 12th when guys like Prosise, DeAndre Washington, Vereen, McKinnon and Starks all went just before him.

I see FootballGuys moved Booker up from #30 to #5 RB moving forward in top 200 in the last couple days. Strongjay.

In standard performance

Booker could have had a dream day. He scored one td. Fumbled once at the one trying to stretch out for another td. Got stuffed at the one a couple of times on another series when Thompson vultured him. Had another couple of carries inside the five on the next drive.

Booker could have had a dream day. He scored one td. Fumbled once at the one trying to stretch out for another td. Got stuffed at the one a couple of times on another series when Thompson vultured him. Had another couple of carries inside the five on the next drive.
Thanks for the extra color. 

Though should there be a concern that Booker isn't the guy for short yard/goal line carries?

SD was stacking the line. Not much room to run imo. The whole defense knew what was coming every time and keyed on Booker. They scored on that Fullback sneak.

Users who are viewing this thread