What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Otis fad diet thread — yoga, fasting, and kevzilla walking on🚶‍♂️ (4 Viewers)

Injuring yourself in pursuit of some arbitrary goal is certainly in the spirit of this thread, but don't do it anyway.
:lmao:   

i should be ok.  i started working, for the first time in months, this week.  that's an additional 6-9 hours on my feet and at least 10k+  bonus steps every day.  i'll see how i feel tomorrow.  downhill is where almost all the pain happens.  i've lived with knee pain for years.   :shrug:   there are days, after skiing my ### off, that i can barely walk.  i've learned to deal with it

:lmao:   

i should be ok.  i started working, for the first time in months, this week.  that's an additional 6-9 hours on my feet and at least 10k+  bonus steps every day.  i'll see how i feel tomorrow.  downhill is where almost all the pain happens.  i've lived with knee pain for years.   :shrug:   there are days, after skiing my ### off, that i can barely walk.  i've learned to deal with it
Take it easy and rest those knees. A month from now you won’t remember if you hit 100, but if your knees are still hurting it will keep you from doing better in June. 

I had to stop 1/2 way through April (when I had already logged almost 70 miles) because I hurt my back, but resting for 2 weeks was the only way to recover and get running again. 

Exercise minutes for May:

5/1   0  -  0 Total

5/2   60  -  60 Total

5/3   60  - 120 Total

5/4   51  -  171 Total

5/5   66  -  237 Total

5/6   60  -  297 Total

5/7   30  -  327 Total

5/8   45  -  372 Total

5/9   60  -  432 Total

5/10  45 -  477 Total

5/11  45  -  522 Total

5/12  45  -  567 Total

5/13  45  -  612 Total

5/14  45  -  657 Total

5/15  30  -  687 Total

5/16  45  -  732 Total

5/17  45  -  777 Total

5/18  73  -  850 Total

5/19  59  -  909 Total

5/20  45  -  954 Total

5/21  45  -  999 Total

5/22  45  -  1044 Total

5/23  45  -  1089 Total

5/24  45  -  1134 Total

5/25  30  -  1164 Total

5/26  0   -   1164 Total

5/27  45  -  1209 Total

5/28  45  -  1254 Total

5/29  45  -  1299 Total minutes.

Today I succumbed to the lure of round numbers. I walked a lot today -- before looking, I was guessing around 19 miles.

After dinner I looked at my Fitbit and, sure enough, I was just shy of 40,000 steps (which I didn't really care about), and also just shy of 20 miles, sitting at 19.1.

I gave in and took a short walk to get to 20.2 miles (and 42,000 steps). New personal record.

I have two friends who, completely independent of one another, each walked 50 miles in a day recently. (One was inspired by this. The other just did it, unplanned, on a whim.) I am kind of half thinking about maybe doing the same sometime soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Today I succumbed to the lure of round numbers. I walked a lot today -- before looking, I was guessing around 19 miles.

After dinner I looked at my Fitbit and, sure enough, I was just shy of 40,000 steps (which I didn't really care about), and also just shy of 20 miles, sitting at 19.1.

I gave in and took a short walk to get to 20.2 miles (and 42,000 steps). New personal record.

I have two friends who, completely independent of one another, each walked 50 miles in a day recently. (One was inspired by this. The other just did it, unplanned, on a whim.) I am kind of half thinking about maybe doing the same sometime soon.
If you decide to do this, let's pick a date and do it together (virtually).

50 miles in a day?  I feel so inadequate targeting 10K steps per day  :lol:

day 25
-585 calories on the day ( -1423 for the overall challenge).    3 days in a row without drinks.
10,566 steps

day 26
-222 calories on the day ( -1645 for the challenge).  3 day streak without drinks is over - but it is Friday :)  
12,342 steps

The Flying Turtle said:
Take it easy and rest those knees. A month from now you won’t remember if you hit 100, but if your knees are still hurting it will keep you from doing better in June. 

I had to stop 1/2 way through April (when I had already logged almost 70 miles) because I hurt my back, but resting for 2 weeks was the only way to recover and get running again. 
13K steps at work. With 68 flights of stairs, thrown in for good measure.  Good times

I cranked out 36k steps Thursday. 19k Friday.  :everythinghurts:

I slept about one hour in a chair and three hours in my bed, then went for my walk this morning. In hindsight, this decision was sub-optimal. On the positive side, the scale says I lost 1.3 lbs this week. There was some disordered eating over the holiday, so this is welcome. Time for migas!

Do they walk really fast?  I assume most people walk 3-4mph, that’s 12-16+ hours of walking in the day. Now that I’m saying that, it’s making me want to try

Okay, I'm in. Sometime within the next couple months? Weekends are probably a better bet for me than weekdays...

Anyone else interested?
Has to be a weekend for me, so that'll be great.

I need to figure out where I can do this.  I can go 0 feet around here without encountering a hill, which I'd rather avoid if I'm doing 50 miles.

5/1   0  -  0 Total

5/2   60  -  60 Total

5/3   60  - 120 Total

5/4   51  -  171 Total

5/5   66  -  237 Total

5/6   60  -  297 Total

5/7   30  -  327 Total

5/8   45  -  372 Total

5/9   60  -  432 Total

5/10  45 -  477 Total

5/11  45  -  522 Total

5/12  45  -  567 Total

5/13  45  -  612 Total

5/14  45  -  657 Total

5/15  30  -  687 Total

5/16  45  -  732 Total

5/17  45  -  777 Total

5/18  73  -  850 Total

5/19  59  -  909 Total

5/20  45  -  954 Total

5/21  45  -  999 Total

5/22  45  -  1044 Total

5/23  45  -  1089 Total

5/24  45  -  1134 Total

5/25  30  -  1164 Total

5/26  0   -   1164 Total

5/27  45  -  1209 Total

5/28  45  -  1254 Total

5/29  45  -  1299 Total

5/30  30  -  Total Minutes.

day 27
+506 calories on the day (-1139 for the challenge).  Weekend/late night snacks and drinking got me again.  I'm starting to GAF about the drinking.  In the beginning of COVID it was a free-for-all and I was drinking every day, because why not?  Last week I was dry Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.  This week (and moving forward) I am planning to dial it back to being dry M -> T and having a few drinks on the weekend F -> S.

Also got in my relatively lame 11,757 steps which works out to 4.09 miles on my Fit Bit.  

GB you guys/gals targeting a 50 mile day.

My apologies for not checking in a lot the last few days but I've got lots of good news so I hope you'll celebrate all of this with me. 

-1st and foremost I cannot thank all of you enough for helping get my health back on track in a way that optimizes my talent and allows me to focus on myself and maximize my ability to make things that seemed like just a dream or some pie in the sky stuff in terms of lifestyle and I can now see things starting to really take off. Mental positivity and mental health are a major component to all of this. 

Day 60: This will soon be Day 61 after tonight but I wanted to update the exercise and see where we ended up. 

3,340 Minutes for the month of May but tonight will push that past the 3,400 mark and that equals what we accomplished in April. B2B 3,400 totals essentially and that's a major part of this weight loss. We had a late surge here at the end of the month, also slightly under the weather last couple days and the MFP App wouldn't allow me to basically log the Daily until I had eaten enough calories...I literally was eating peanuts by the ounce to get over the total it wanted. 

188.0 was the final number for month of May. 🤷‍♂️  Wanted to hit 193-194 so this was a welcome plus, however I want to emphasize I still think I am going too fast. When I take a day off though, I feel guilty the next day and I don't feel as good as when I am on point. I need to find a better balance but that's something I can work on. 32 lbs in about 70 Days is how the math works out here. 

-The home office is coming along, Mrs and I have been painting, setting up a new office we can both use as she will now be home 2 of the 5 days M-F which is perfect for us. The opportunity that came across my desk is in full motion as well, I'm very optimistic about where this is heading. 

Thank You x100 every last one of you. Still lot of work to do and more challenges ahead.

Cheers!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
The Flying Turtle said:
5/30 - 30/35 points  had a bowl of ice cream to push my total higher than I like  

Ran 4.5 miles to push my total to 100.25 Miles for the month. I will probable take today off. 
WTG TFC!!!

Great benchmark to hit for the month. I try to make sure to hit a similar number for cycling but to run all those miles, hats off. 

I just got home from a 20.1-mile walk. I'm sitting on my butt at the moment (my third break of the day) before heading down to the beach for more walking. I want to hit 26.2 miles so that I'll have walked a marathon (although marathons don't usually include breaks, I don't think).

Some thoughts about the impending 50-mile trek:

1. I want to start by 5 a.m. and go at a fast pace in the beginning. I want to do intensive walking when the midday sun isn't out.

2. I won't bring my Kindle. It slows me down, and anyway I want to focus just on the walking (and breathing, etc).

3. I want to stay near civilization instead of heading out into the woods. I'll want to buy Gatorade or water or whatever, and maybe use some restrooms.

4. I have some shoes that I like for walking, but they are barefoot-style and my feet do suffer in them after 15 miles or so on concrete. I may look for shoes with some cushioning.

5. In any event, while I want to carry as little as possible with me (no water, Kindle, etc.), I think it's probably a good idea to bring some Band-Aids in case of blisters.

6. None of the preceding points are all that important. No need to overthink this. It's just putting one foot in front of the other.

My apologies for not checking in a lot the last few days but I've got lots of good news so I hope you'll celebrate all of this with me. 

-1st and foremost I cannot thank all of you enough for helping get my health back on track in a way that optimizes my talent and allows me to focus on myself and maximize my ability to make things that seemed like just a dream or some pie in the sky stuff in terms of lifestyle and I can now see things starting to really take off. Mental positivity and mental health are a major component to all of this. 

Day 60: This will soon be Day 61 after tonight but I wanted to update the exercise and see where we ended up. 

3,340 Minutes for the month of May but tonight will push that past the 3,400 mark and that equals what we accomplished in April. B2B 3,400 totals essentially and that's a major part of this weight loss. We had a late surge here at the end of the month, also slightly under the weather last couple days and the MFP App wouldn't allow me to basically log the Daily until I had eaten enough calories...I literally was eating peanuts by the ounce to get over the total it wanted. 

188.0 was the final number for month of May. 🤷‍♂️  Wanted to hit 193-194 so this was a welcome plus, however I want to emphasize I still think I am going too fast. When I take a day off though, I feel guilty the next day and I don't feel as good as when I am on point. I need to find a better balance but that's something I can work on. 32 lbs in about 70 Days is how the math works out here. 

-The home office is coming along, Mrs and I have been painting, setting up a new office we can both use as she will now be home 2 of the 5 days M-F which is perfect for us. The opportunity that came across my desk is in full motion as well, I'm very optimistic about where this is heading. 

Thank You x100 every last one of you. Still lot of work to do and more challenges ahead.

Cheers!!!
Great job MOP.   Awesome back to back months and overachieving the goals. 

PS

Thanks for all of your support

I just got home from a 20.1-mile walk. I'm sitting on my butt at the moment (my third break of the day) before heading down to the beach for more walking. I want to hit 26.2 miles so that I'll have walked a marathon (although marathons don't usually include breaks, I don't think).

1. I want to start by 5 a.m. and go at a fast pace in the beginning. I want to do intensive walking when the midday sun isn't out.

2. I won't bring my Kindle. It slows me down, and anyway I want to focus just on the walking (and breathing, etc).

3. I want to stay near civilization instead of heading out into the woods. I'll want to buy Gatorade or water or whatever, and maybe use some restrooms.

4. I have some shoes that I like for walking, but they are barefoot-style and my feet do suffer in them after 15 miles or so on concrete. I may look for shoes with some cushioning.

5. In any event, while I want to carry as little as possible with me (no water, Kindle, etc.), I think it's probably a good idea to bring some Band-Aids in case of blisters.

6. None of the preceding points are all that important. No need to overthink this. It's just putting one foot in front of the other.
I think water is a must-have item. Do you have a camelback?  I find that the distribution of water on your back makes it a lot easier to carry a lot of water without it feeling like you’re weighed down. Throw a ton of ice in it and it makes hiking in hot weather much more bearable

I'll probably start around 4 a.m. PDT whenever we do this.  I can't remember which time zone you're in.  Like you I will do a faster pace at the beginning but expect to settle in to only 3 mph.  Currently considering just walking in circles in my backyard to avoid the hills (though it has a small incline).  :lol:  

5/1   0  -  0 Total

5/2   60  -  60 Total

5/3   60  - 120 Total

5/4   51  -  171 Total

5/5   66  -  237 Total

5/6   60  -  297 Total

5/7   30  -  327 Total

5/8   45  -  372 Total

5/9   60  -  432 Total

5/10  45 -  477 Total

5/11  45  -  522 Total

5/12  45  -  567 Total

5/13  45  -  612 Total

5/14  45  -  657 Total

5/15  30  -  687 Total

5/16  45  -  732 Total

5/17  45  -  777 Total

5/18  73  -  850 Total

5/19  59  -  909 Total

5/20  45  -  954 Total

5/21  45  -  999 Total

5/22  45  -  1044 Total

5/23  45  -  1089 Total

5/24  45  -  1134 Total

5/25  30  -  1164 Total

5/26  0   -   1164 Total

5/27  45  -  1209 Total

5/28  45  -  1254 Total

5/29  45  -  1299 Total

5/30  30  -  1329 Total

5/31  45  -  1374 Total Minutes.

Wasn't sure I was going to get exercise in today.  Was up and out early for a fishing trip.  Didn't get home until 8pm.  Was tired but forced myself to do 45 to end strong.  Wasn't the best day for watching what I ate though.  LOL

y'all bonkers.  50 miles?  in a circle?  in your backyard?  wait a sec...it is a k4 backyard, with no naan oven :( , so there's probably lots of room. ;)  

i'm all stoked to hit 100 miles in 31 days.  
My backyard is really small.  :lol:   I'll have to figure out how not to wear down the grass.

Maybe I could go to a school track; there are three schools within a few blocks of me.  

Oh!  There is a park not toooo far away that has a circular walkway that's about 1.5 miles around and is relatively flat for here.  I wonder if a Karen will call the cops if I'm there for 18 hours.

My backyard is really small.  :lol:   I'll have to figure out how not to wear down the grass.

Maybe I could go to a school track; there are three schools within a few blocks of me.  

Oh!  There is a park not toooo far away that has a circular walkway that's about 1.5 miles around and is relatively flat for here.  I wonder if a Karen will call the cops if I'm there for 18 hours.
for sure.  you might even make the news

I think water is a must-have item. Do you have a camelback?  I find that the distribution of water on your back makes it a lot easier to carry a lot of water without it feeling like you’re weighed down. Throw a ton of ice in it and it makes hiking in hot weather much more bearable
I don't have a Camelback. I like traveling light. I plan to generally remain within walking distance* of places that sell water (or maybe beer), so I don't feel like I need to bring my own.

*When you're walking 50 miles, pretty much everything is within walking distance. :)

I'll probably start around 4 a.m. PDT whenever we do this.  I can't remember which time zone you're in.  Like you I will do a faster pace at the beginning but expect to settle in to only 3 mph.  Currently considering just walking in circles in my backyard to avoid the hills (though it has a small incline).  :lol:  
If I ever consider doing something this crazy, I'm with you.  I'm just doing circles in my backyard.  But my reasoning is slightly different than yours - I want easy access to the toilet, booze and klondikes!

If I ever consider doing something this crazy, I'm with you.  I'm just doing circles in my backyard.  But my reasoning is slightly different than yours - I want easy access to the toilet, booze and klondikes!
Ooooooh, good point about the toilet.  I don't want to pee in some random spot over the course of this.  Also a good point about the booze, haha.

Finding it hard to be on a program. Still apprehensive about getting back on the Peleton and having wine most nights. I am walking a lot though. 2 long walks with my dog each day and I’m walking 6-7 miles a round playing golf. So staying in decent shape, not gaining and I’m OK with that. Also doing more yoga

Finding it hard to be on a program. Still apprehensive about getting back on the Peleton and having wine most nights. I am walking a lot though. 2 long walks with my dog each day and I’m walking 6-7 miles a round playing golf. So staying in decent shape, not gaining and I’m OK with that. Also doing more yoga
Greetings Judge

-A lot of my weight loss was with simple walking and also cycling. Do you own a bicycle? 

-You burn about 100 calories for every mile you finish be it running, walking or crawling it's all about the same. At a moderate 3 mph clip you burn around 250-300 in an hour, cycling however at about 10-12 mph which isn't fast but that will burn DOUBLE the amount of calories over the same period. Walk 30 Min about 150 calories, Cycle 30 minutes you burn around 300+

I try to burn between 300-500 calories minimum daily to allow a cushion for my eating. If you want to get back on schedule, I would adopt a morning walk for 30-45+ minutes, it seems like it jump starts my metabolism and gets me burning fuel all day. I also like to do something of equal nature in the evening around sunset to avoid the heat in Florida. Earbuds and music help.

Ooooooh, good point about the toilet.  I don't want to pee in some random spot over the course of this.  Also a good point about the booze, haha.
I like to have a little moment in nature on the back side of the golf course on my walks, men like to pee outside in general for some reason. 

We did a stupid thing and went and got a puppy, so now the little freedom we had has vanished instantly.  I feel like I’m constantly following the dog around the yard trying to get him to go, or following him around the house hoping he doesn’t go.  It’s one or the other.  Yesterday we crated him for 90 minutes and went out the whole family, which was good.  But yeah, we’re basically on lockdown.  

Here I had these romantic visions of me taking the pup out for long walks around town and getting great exercise.  Then Mrs. O informed me he can’t be out in public for like another 6 weeks until after he’s had his vaccinations.  Cool.

The worst part is how it has crushed my morning routine.  I’m still setting an alarm in the 5’s, but that’s to come down and walk him, feed him, defend the carpets and furniture, and then get the girls’ breakfast out.  And I have to come through the kitchen where he sleeps to get down to the basement where the erg is, so it’s not like I can even set a 4:30 alarm, because I’m pretty sure I’d just wake him up (either with trying to fat ninja my way down the creaky stairs, or from the machine itself). So basically at least at this very moment I don’t see morning rows happening.  Maybe I can get them going in the evening, or at least a bike ride with my daughter or something.  Hoping this puppy phase is short lived and I can develop some kind of routine that works.  Right now Mrs. O and I are doing a whole lot of looking at each other like “wtf were we thinking?”   This too shall pass, right?? 

We did a stupid thing and went and got a puppy, so now the little freedom we had has vanished instantly.  I feel like I’m constantly following the dog around the yard trying to get him to go, or following him around the house hoping he doesn’t go.  It’s one or the other.  Yesterday we crated him for 90 minutes and went out the whole family, which was good.  But yeah, we’re basically on lockdown.  

Here I had these romantic visions of me taking the pup out for long walks around town and getting great exercise.  Then Mrs. O informed me he can’t be out in public for like another 6 weeks until after he’s had his vaccinations.  Cool.

The worst part is how it has crushed my morning routine.  I’m still setting an alarm in the 5’s, but that’s to come down and walk him, feed him, defend the carpets and furniture, and then get the girls’ breakfast out.  And I have to come through the kitchen where he sleeps to get down to the basement where the erg is, so it’s not like I can even set a 4:30 alarm, because I’m pretty sure I’d just wake him up (either with trying to fat ninja my way down the creaky stairs, or from the machine itself). So basically at least at this very moment I don’t see morning rows happening.  Maybe I can get them going in the evening, or at least a bike ride with my daughter or something.  Hoping this puppy phase is short lived and I can develop some kind of routine that works.  Right now Mrs. O and I are doing a whole lot of looking at each other like “wtf were we thinking?”   This too shall pass, right?? 
"Oops" 

What kind of dog? 

"Oops" 

What kind of dog? 
Yeah, oops.  Oof.  Golden doodle. He’s a sweet dog, and we knew we’d eventually do this for our kids who always have wanted a dog (what kid doesn’t?), and we figured when better than now since we’re basically stuck in the house anyway, but lord I didn’t realize how much work this was going to be.  It’s like having a newborn, except a newborn that runs around the house and destroys everything.   And of course now with the world starting to reopen, beaches reopening, and restaurants set to reopen here soon, Mrs. O is having a major case of FOMO and is pretty depressed about it.  Like, the world is finally reopening, and here we are effectively still on lockdown with a new puppy...

Freakin Otis.

And of course now with the world starting to reopen, beaches reopening, and restaurants set to reopen here soon, Mrs. O is having a major case of FOMO and is pretty depressed about it.  Like, the world is finally reopening, and here we are effectively still on lockdown with a new puppy...
Fear Of Missing Out

Users who are viewing this thread