What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Otis fad diet thread — yoga, fasting, and kevzilla walking on🚶‍♂️ (7 Viewers)

I’m in for a rowing challenge.  Got a water rower about 2 months ago and doing that almost exclusively.  Love going out to the garage and putting something on Netflix and rowing 30-60m.  I haven’t picked up a weight or done a push up in 3+ months but just doing steady state on the rower has me feeling so much stronger.

count me in!
I'm in for rowing challenge too!

Anyone ever hear of/use Levels? It's a glucose monitor app that helps you understand what you eat does to your body in real time. My sis got me a giftcard for Christmas. Excited to use it.

My sister and her friends have been using it a while at it gamifies your food choices. She's hooked and feels it is an accountability tool that influences what she chooses to eat.

Waiting for my health screen to get started. 

Anyone ever hear of/use Levels? It's a glucose monitor app that helps you understand what you eat does to your body in real time. My sis got me a giftcard for Christmas. Excited to use it.

My sister and her friends have been using it a while at it gamifies your food choices. She's hooked and feels it is an accountability tool that influences what she chooses to eat.

Waiting for my health screen to get started. 
Would enjoy hearing more after you try it out

Took a slightly longer route at a leisurely 19:19 pace and wound up 17:30 short of my weekly exercise volume goal of 300 minutes. Had numerous upheavals to my schedule this week, so not at all upset.

Also, the scale says I lost 1.3 pounds on Christmas week to go with the 2.3 pounds I lost Thanksgiving week. Ima have some cake later.

Last edited by a moderator:
Love that we’re getting a crew (rowing!) together. Let’s do it. 
Any good suggestions for entry level rowers? I loved it when I had a gym membership as party of my total body work. Also, for the second year in a row I have a nice chunk of Amazon cash chilling around waiting to be wasted. Last year I got a spin bike with it and a rower would help build the at home gym instead burning the gift cards on stuff we forget about.

Ambled around the hood at a 19:41 pace.

Blood work came back practically pristine. A1c was 5.3, in the normal range. Even my stubbornly high triglycerides were just under the wire at 146.

Currently in my waiting period after getting the first Moderna vaccination. Pretty, pretty good day.

I'm in for a reset starting Jan. 4.  Might start Jan. 1 or 2, actually.  I'm keeping up with my daily yoga, and I'm killing the 700 miles in six months challenge (about 15 miles from Beaverton, Oregon!), but my diet and alcohol intake are horrendous, if I'm being generous.  One of the benefits of moving is you can pretend for a while you don't know where your scale is (plot twist, I know exactly where my scale is), so I don't know the exact damage, but it has been done.

I'm in for a reset starting Jan. 4.  Might start Jan. 1 or 2, actually.  I'm keeping up with my daily yoga, and I'm killing the 700 miles in six months challenge (about 15 miles from Beaverton, Oregon!), but my diet and alcohol intake are horrendous, if I'm being generous.  One of the benefits of moving is you can pretend for a while you don't know where your scale is (plot twist, I know exactly where my scale is), so I don't know the exact damage, but it has been done.
700 miles in 6 months is ridiculous.  You’re a machine.

In for a reset.  Not waiting until next week.  Had salad and soup tonight.  Throwing out all gifted baked goods.  Carbs and sweets outta here - going in the trash.  People bringing over banana bread, different kinds of cookies, desserts.  Dabbled for a few days but I'm done.  Peleton and yoga tomorrow.  Want to get lean.

In for a reset.  Not waiting until next week.  Had salad and soup tonight.  Throwing out all gifted baked goods.  Carbs and sweets outta here - going in the trash.  People bringing over banana bread, different kinds of cookies, desserts.  Dabbled for a few days but I'm done.  Peleton and yoga tomorrow.  Want to get lean.
I’m in but waiting for Jan 4th

• Smile
Reactions: SWC
Did a 45 minute body combat today (with my wife)  but need to hit 200 push-ups tomorrow to catch up.

On another note, we took kids into Philly today and had an awesome day.  We went to a playground and they got to ride on a carousel.  Then we got takeout from the last restaurant that we visited when my wife was pregnant with our daughter.

ok brohans i have been lousy at eating since christmas too many sweets is the long and the short of it and not enough working out so i am coming back to this thread and dedicating myself to losing 10 lbs starting today it helps me to be active in here and record what im doing so today i have walked for 104 minutes and eaten only 1 cup of honey nut cheerios and half a cup of skim milk so im way under on calories so far i will try to get in some exercise bike tonight and eat right and report tomorrow take that to the bank bromigos 

I'm in!

I was going to wait but I think back to when I originally started losing weight 10 years and 1 month ago. I started the day before Thanksgiving. If I can do it when it's tough, the rest is easy and you get a huge motivation boost. I started again two days ago and am again trying to get fbg Unialias back on the wagon by guilting him.

Edit: Hold up, Judge, are you the guy/girl? that play Fort with Uni as well? 

Also a milestone for the year that really surprised me. 

7000 Minutes in Spin Classes in the Peloton this year. I have done 4000, the wife did the other 3K. We will probably close the year close to 7200. That is literally 2.91 days of time. :headbang:

I was discussing the end of this with my wife today - I told her I'm ready for a proper cheat.  3 months with basically no complete cheat meals hasn't been easy but it's what I needed to do.  We have a local Italian place that serves some awesome fettuccine alfredo - that's my reward meal.

I'm basically done with soda and sugar - those two in particular I never plan to bring back in to my diet.  I may have a dessert on occasion but it won't be a regular occurrence.
:lmao:   what a moron

Started working out again this week.   Getting back into it slowly and wisely.  Diet isn’t where it needs to be but it’s not the usual horrible at this time of the year.    I don’t have much weight to lose but want to get stronger and get that heart in better condition.    Let’s hit 2021 running.  

so after my update yesterday i rode my exercise bike indoors for about an hour which put me at about 165 minutes of working out for the day and i ate well with vegetables and ground turkey for dinner so well under my calorie goal this morning we had a decent snowfall last night so i removed snow with a blower and shovel for about an hour and ate only 1 cup of cheerios and a half of cup of skim milk so i am on track today i need to ride my bike for  about 56 miles in the next two days to hit the december strava cycling challenge and that will be a challenge but if i can get 18 to 20 done tonight i will have a shot take that to the bank brochachos 

so after my update yesterday i rode my exercise bike indoors for about an hour which put me at about 165 minutes of working out for the day and i ate well with vegetables and ground turkey for dinner so well under my calorie goal this morning we had a decent snowfall last night so i removed snow with a blower and shovel for about an hour and ate only 1 cup of cheerios and a half of cup of skim milk so i am on track today i need to ride my bike for  about 56 miles in the next two days to hit the december strava cycling challenge and that will be a challenge but if i can get 18 to 20 done tonight i will have a shot take that to the bank brochachos 
Your dedication is impressive.  I’m going to work out this evening.   That will be workout number 3 this week.   The goal is to workout four times every week.    I’m starting off slow but will increase the intensity each week.   Let’s get healthy.  

I thought I had a window to get my walk done at lunch. The first blast of cold air was at about 18 minutes. Bearable, but now I'm in a hurry. About 1/2 mile from home, there was a light shower, which was cold, but it ended quickly. I reached 4.0 mph. Started thinking I had dodged the bullet. Two mf'ing blocks from my complex it started dumping. Hit 4.8 mph from there.  :lmao:

Average pace 18:26

I need to do 200 pushups tomorrow to complete the 100/day pushup challenge this month.  I plan to continue that in the new year.  Did a fun 45 minute workout today and then jumped on the trampoline with the kids for a while.  Happy New Years everyone.   

Guys I’m sorry if you’ve been looking for a Reese’s peanut butter cups in recent weeks but I’ve basically eaten all of them. And everything else in sight. Oh and the alcohol too. And I haven’t moved a muscle. It’s been the ultimate in gluttony. I’ve just gone all out. I’m so sick and fed up and uncomfortable. Perfectly primed to be like 215 by 2/15. 

Can’t wait to start. Almost there. 

Guys I’m sorry if you’ve been looking for a Reese’s peanut butter cups in recent weeks but I’ve basically eaten all of them. And everything else in sight. Oh and the alcohol too. And I haven’t moved a muscle. It’s been the ultimate in gluttony. I’ve just gone all out. I’m so sick and fed up and uncomfortable. Perfectly primed to be like 215 by 2/15. 

:lmao:  

We're all in this together.  Change is hard but it's a little easier when a bunch of us work at it together.  

ok brohans i have been lousy at eating since christmas too many sweets is the long and the short of it and not enough working out so i am coming back to this thread and dedicating myself to losing 10 lbs starting today it helps me to be active in here and record what im doing so today i have walked for 104 minutes and eaten only 1 cup of honey nut cheerios and half a cup of skim milk so im way under on calories so far i will try to get in some exercise bike tonight and eat right and report tomorrow take that to the bank bromigos 
you should seriously be a paid Honey Nut Cheerios brohan spokesperson

I'm in!

I was going to wait but I think back to when I originally started losing weight 10 years and 1 month ago. I started the day before Thanksgiving. If I can do it when it's tough, the rest is easy and you get a huge motivation boost. I started again two days ago and am again trying to get fbg Unialias back on the wagon by guilting him.

Edit: Hold up, Judge, are you the guy/girl? that play Fort with Uni as well? 
Not that Judge....

There will be no walk today. I heard the weatherman say 'thundersleet' and I just shut down. It will be bitterly cold tomorrow and Saturday, but it will be dry, and I'll probably get out there.

The scale says I lost 28 pounds this year. I think it's a good thing that I'm a little disappointed. Of course, most of it is numbers I haven't seen this millennium, so I'm not that upset.

Starting today I am giving up alcohol, and doing the potato hack. Today or tomorrow I will restart rowing. 

Weighed in heavier than usual this morning — 241.2  Much of that is holiday bloat — I’ve been desperately trying to eat and drink everything in the past month. Now I feel awful and am ready to go.

There are no excuses left. I can’t go to restaurants and I can’t travel. I can’t go to work. I have to eat at my home and drink at my home. Whatever I do in the coming months is 100% on me. If I can’t get it done now, I never can. 

I’d like to be under 210 before summer. There’s no reason I can’t be there even by April. 

Let’s go. 

Who wants to row with me??

Starting today I am giving up alcohol, and doing the potato hack. Today or tomorrow I will restart rowing. 

Weighed in heavier than usual this morning — 241.2  Much of that is holiday bloat — I’ve been desperately trying to eat and drink everything in the past month. Now I feel awful and am ready to go.

There are no excuses left. I can’t go to restaurants and I can’t travel. I can’t go to work. I have to eat at my home and drink at my home. Whatever I do in the coming months is 100% on me. If I can’t get it done now, I never can. 

I’d like to be under 210 before summer. There’s no reason I can’t be there even by April. 

Let’s go. 

Got bored by the rower so I’m a peloton bro now (just got in a quick twenty mins). I could be convinced to get back on the rower as well, too, though. Not like I have much else better to do these days...

Hello friends. 

Everything fell apart the day after Xmas. In perfect 2020 fashion, I contracted some sort of skin infection/poison oak/mange/leprosy/flesh eating bacteria, from my epic bushwhacking hike on 12/19.  Gotta finish 2020 strong!

I’ve been on 2 different antibiotics, 2 different roids, special prescribed creams. I looked like I had been whipped at the stake. For hours.  Especially, my legs. It was visually, truly awful. Luckily, I never really felt bad, so there’s that. :shrug:

So, I Had to shut down everything. To allow healing to occur. Started rounding the corner a couple days ago.   Now, I merely look like I was beaten with a baton a week ago.   :pickle:

I Feel really good and am still going skiing Sunday!  Can’t wait to get to the mountains. Skiing will get me 4-6 hours of exercise  gonna limit the booze, due to be flayed alive  should work in my favor   :lmao:   

@fred_1_15301 I’m going to start the push ups again.  my triceps are noticeably bigger  which in turn, makes the biceps bigger  pretty cool  

stay the course everyone!  Happy new year!  And, LETS GOOOOOOOOOOO!

Weighed in at 174 to start the year. Spent most of my adult life around 220. Goal is to not gain any weight, and maybe lose a few pounds. I’m thick, so never really had a number I wanted to get to, but wanted to see how I’d look at 170. 

Hopefully I can keep this up if I ever go back to work. For now, keep running and some push-ups.

Hello friends. 

Everything fell apart the day after Xmas. In perfect 2020 fashion, I contracted some sort of skin infection/poison oak/mange/leprosy/flesh eating bacteria, from my epic bushwhacking hike on 12/19.  Gotta finish 2020 strong!

I’ve been on 2 different antibiotics, 2 different roids, special prescribed creams. I looked like I had been whipped at the stake. For hours.  Especially, my legs. It was visually, truly awful. Luckily, I never really felt bad, so there’s that. :shrug:

So, I Had to shut down everything. To allow healing to occur. Started rounding the corner a couple days ago.   Now, I merely look like I was beaten with a baton a week ago.   :pickle:

I Feel really good and am still going skiing Sunday!  Can’t wait to get to the mountains. Skiing will get me 4-6 hours of exercise  gonna limit the booze, due to be flayed alive  should work in my favor   :lmao:   

@fred_1_15301 I’m going to start the push ups again.  my triceps are noticeably bigger  which in turn, makes the biceps bigger  pretty cool  

stay the course everyone!  Happy new year!  And, LETS GOOOOOOOOOOO!
Wow that sounds miserable.  Glad you’re doing better.  Yes I’m on for continuing the push-up challenge.  Love the results so far.

eaganwildcats said:
Got bored by the rower so I’m a peloton bro now (just got in a quick twenty mins). I could be convinced to get back on the rower as well, too, though. Not like I have much else better to do these days...
Got in a 10K today on the rower.  Trying to shoot for 40-50K per week with some Peloton rides sprinkled in.

Got in the fourth workout of the week and the first workout of 2021.   The last 6 weeks were pretty crappy.   I lost weight but also lost strength and muscle tone.   I’m joining the 2021 healthy club.   Eating better continues to be my challenge.   The cookies are being given away tomorrow because I am too weak to simply not eat them.   Let’s go.    

Day 1 in the books.  Black-eyed peas for luck (worth mentioning I eschewed'em last year and we all see how that worked out), with smoked sausage and Brussel's sprouts. I snacked on roasted pecans.

I will double-down with same menu tomorrow, as if it's a second vaccination to get my lucky efficacy close to 100%. I'm doing it for the herd.

Absolutely no beer and man it feels good after riding hard for the past month or so.

Let’s go. 

I'm in for RowClub!  But I can't start off with @Taxguy 10k's.  Need to work up to that.

700 miles in six months update!  This goes from November 1-April 30, but I got started about a week late in November so was playing catch-up.  Only had 101.3 miles in November, but I just tallied my December miles:  134.9!  I'm in good shape to hit the goal as now I'm down to <4 miles per day, while I'm still planning to do at least 4 miles per day anyway.

Four miles per day doesn't sound like much and isn't, except that it involves doing it every.damn.day.  My deal with myself is that I should do at least four, but if I miss for some reason I have to make those miles up.  Only three days in December did I miss having at least four miles:  Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, and Dec. 28.  For Christmas Eve/Day, I made up for my three-mile total shortfall by doing about eight miles in the 26th.  On Dec. 29 I made up for the prior day by logging 6.6 miles.  I'd love to say that my 2.8 miles on Christmas Day were due to fun times, but instead my mom and I spent seven full hours cleaning my old house in prep for putting it on the market.  So even though I fell short in miles I bet I had a better workout anyway.

I also completed all of the Yoga with Adriene December calendar.  She has a new practice coming out for January, but today was a break day!  W00t!  Back into it tomorrow.

Despite all this I should restate that my diet and drinking have been such garbage that I have gained weight back from my low earlier this year.  Starting today I'm doing better on the eating, and the drinking will be reduced...errrr, tomorrow.

Breezed around at a 19:17 pace today. Still 34 minutes and just over a mile short of my weekly exercise goals. This was due solely to weather, not a problem.

The scale says I gained 0.5 pounds this week, almost certainly due to midweek revelry that normally doesn't happen. Right back at it.

10K on the rower today in 46 minutes watching a show on TV.  Really makes the time fly.  Changed it up and took a ‘break’ every 2,000 meters or so and banged out 20 push-ups for a total of 100 during the session.  That last set was a bear!

My app reminded me that before my rows the last two days, I hadn’t rowed in three months.  And it shows — my lower back is so sore today.  Went for a short walk this morning despite the weather, will try another this afternoon, may take the day off from rowing to rest the back.  Need to get back into a consistent regular daily row, with 30 minute rows and 10k rows mixed in.

My app reminded me that before my rows the last two days, I hadn’t rowed in three months.  And it shows — my lower back is so sore today.  Went for a short walk this morning despite the weather, will try another this afternoon, may take the day off from rowing to rest the back.  Need to get back into a consistent regular daily row, with 30 minute rows and 10k rows mixed in.
For a 30 minute row what rate are you at? How many meters do you cover?

Otis said:
You are doing the right thing by easing back into the workout routine.   You don’t need to get hurt and not be able to row for days or weeks.    Increase the intensity each week and you will have noticeable results in no time.  

Users who are viewing this thread