What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Otis fad diet thread — yoga, fasting, and kevzilla walking on🚶‍♂️ (14 Viewers)

Just did compassion yoga, somehow without remembering that I have done this one like ten times.  Good 58 minute yoga which is what I am looking for on the weekends. Some one legged balance poses and squats, lots of lunges and warriors. This is the one where she remembers her friends in Amsterdam talking about going full beach ball. 
I don't remember this one - link?  Sounds great to me.  I need something for tomorrow because, while it's the last day of the January 30-day program, I'm sure it will be one of those freestyles she always does at the end of the month.  I don't like the freestyles.

No, that would be dumb.  His name is The Squib.  Nicknames are Squibby, Squibbles, Squibbity-do, and Squibitty-bah-bah-bah.

Other cats are The Squirrel and Her Royal Highness Nurse Parsnip Potatoface of House Floof.  The latter goes by Floofers.
When I do cow legs my squirrel gets tied up with my floofers and it kind of looks like a parsnip potato face. Cats really are ####s. 

I don't remember this one - link?  Sounds great to me.  I need something for tomorrow because, while it's the last day of the January 30-day program, I'm sure it will be one of those freestyles she always does at the end of the month.  I don't like the freestyles.
https://youtu.be/164zsYk4x9o
I went ahead and did the freestyle this morning as I felt like I needed to "complete" the Breath program.  A peak at her February calendar reveals a lot of very short practices, so I'll work this one in in place of one this month.  There's only one new practice in February, called "Yoga for Uncertainty," on Feb. 7.

Keeping track of calories in Fred's thread, but thought this was a good place to say I got 50 miles running this month. Been a long time since I've done that. Today I did my fastest mile and fastest 5k of the month 9:27 and 30:54. Its like 35 and sunny today, so all around a great afternoon to get out while the kids nap. 

I don’t feel like starting a new thread for this, so since it’s slightly health-related I’ll post it here.  Any recommendations for good, really good, pillows?  My neck pain has been through the roof, and along with the usual tension I think it’s pillow-related.  When I went out of town this week, the pain subsided a lot (which was also undoubtedly related to less tension), and I noticed the pillows at the house were comfier.  I’m not concerned about price, if this would ease the pain.

I’m a back and side sleeper, if it matters.  In fact, I’ve noticed recently that my most common sleep position is like a reclining tree pose.
We got these a few months ago: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01LYU7V4S/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_KDXJYTSRVH3GMNJ3AMAT?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

I think based on good reviews on Wirecutter or from a friend. We're happy with them. My wife took out about half the foam because it was too poofy but now thinks it's perfect for her. 

Similar to memory foam mattresses these smelled for about a week but after it aired out it's been great.

I recommend!

I don’t feel like starting a new thread for this, so since it’s slightly health-related I’ll post it here.  Any recommendations for good, really good, pillows?  My neck pain has been through the roof, and along with the usual tension I think it’s pillow-related.  When I went out of town this week, the pain subsided a lot (which was also undoubtedly related to less tension), and I noticed the pillows at the house were comfier.  I’m not concerned about price, if this would ease the pain.

I’m a back and side sleeper, if it matters.  In fact, I’ve noticed recently that my most common sleep position is like a reclining tree pose.
We got these a few months ago: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01LYU7V4S/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_KDXJYTSRVH3GMNJ3AMAT?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

I think based on good reviews on Wirecutter or from a friend. We're happy with them. My wife took out about half the foam because it was too poofy but now thinks it's perfect for her. 

Similar to memory foam mattresses these smelled for about a week but after it aired out it's been great.

I recommend!

Keeping track of calories in Fred's thread, but thought this was a good place to say I got 50 miles running this month. Been a long time since I've done that. Today I did my fastest mile and fastest 5k of the month 9:27 and 30:54. Its like 35 and sunny today, so all around a great afternoon to get out while the kids nap. 
This is fantastic.

I recommend!
Thanks!  Lots of good advice here but I was hoping for a specific recommendation like this.  Think I'm going to try this out.  I know memory foam was recommended by kev and bfred but bfred said it could run hot, but I've never noticed a pillow being hot so I think I'll be OK.  I'll let you know how this goes - thanks again!

I recommend!
I've had the same pillow for a while (guessing close to 2 years). I don't have complaints so that's a good thing. I also took out some of the foam, maybe 25%. I don't recall a noticable smell but I use a CPAP. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I just bought one of those pillows (figure one for a test drive but could get more if it works), and Amazon gave me the option of buying one used instead.  Am I just really picky, or does buying a used pillow seems especially :X  ?
Considering what they found on a pillow in the most recent Law & Order I just watched I think you are just fine.

Goal accomplished (Jan reset diet). I may look the same, but I feel like a brick ####-house from all these pushups. Gonna try to eat sensibly (even harder than dieting, imo) and maintain this weight through Feb (and continue the pushups). Good luck to those still going strong. You got this!

1/4 - 171.3 lbs

1/11 - 168.2 lbs

1/18 - 167.4 lbs

1/25 - 166,6 lbs

2/1 - 164.6 lbs

February 1 official check-in.  As I mentioned a week into January, intervening events caused me to decide to put off my small weight-loss goal until today.  January was not a good month for my eating or drinking, but I did complete the full 30-day yoga Breath series from Adriene, and I totaled 137.3 miles of purposeful walking. 

My new weight-loss goal is 14 pounds, starting today!  Although frankly, I won't be seeing much progress until tomorrow, since I had jambalaya for breakfast this morning and there is a large bakery cookie in my house.  I might not do yoga every day this month but will keep it up when time and inclination combine, and I'll plan for at least 125 miles on the walking side.

January was decent for me - fluctuated between 199 and 202.  Drank only on F-S-S (except for one T :)  ).  Planning a dry Feb except for Super Bowl and maybe one other day of celebration - so far so good :lol:   Will probably be easier to focus on losing weight if I'm not drinking.

Also started the 30 days with Adriene this morning and plan to do that each day until 3/2.

Still staying under my calories and off the booze.  Weight has stayed fairly constant for the last week tho.  

I'm getting at or just over 10k steps per day.  

Need to add more exercise to kick the weight loss up, but my GAF isn't quit there.  Also been kinda busy at work, and I used to sneak in workouts during the work from home workday.  

Damn it I'm in. I was going to stick with an every other day lifting thing but I don't have anything good for chest so why was I cutting back on pushups?  
That's great.  One thing to note is that I didn't necessarily do 100 pushups every single day (just averaged 100 a day).  I would occasionally skip a day (or maybe even 2) and make them up later in the week.  It only takes a few minutes to complete them but man it can be a mental drag trying to do them every single day.  

krista4 said:
Horrible day.  So bad I've been considering launching about it my first non-Beatles thread in years.  :hot:  

Will not order pizza.  Will not order pizza.  Will not order pizza.
Gl gb hope things settle down 

krista4 said:
Horrible day.  So bad I've been considering launching about it my first non-Beatles thread in years.  :hot:  

Will not order pizza.  Will not order pizza.  Will not order pizza.
Did not order pizza.

I warmed up some leftover Kung Pao shrimp (I don't eat the peanuts, so it's not awful for me), and instead of putting it over rice, I finely finely finely chopped some cauliflower and broccoli and threw that down as the base.  I'm aware of the existence of cauliflower rice, which I've never had, but I liked this idea better as it gave me a nice little crunch to substitute for the peanuts I delete from the dish.  Really delicious and didn't feel bad for me!

Also, don't ask me about my wine intake.

Update from yesterday...  found some GAF today.  

Did the pushup test to start doing the pushup workout again.  Also started the Andrea 30-day yoga again, since I never finished it last time.  Tentative plan right now is yoga every day, pushups 3 times/week, with daily 30+ minute walk (dog will literally chew my leg off if he doesn't get his walks).

Went around at a 19:17 pace. With apologies to those less fortunate, the weather was just too nice to work any harder.
Over a foot and a half of snow and the fuel line on my snowblower leaked out a whole tank of gas on my garage floor. I am going to shovel and cook a pot of beef stew and have my first drink in over a month and log none of it because I don't want to know. 

Moved a queen mattress and box spring from the second floor of one house to the second floor of another house by myself today.  💪  Moved a bunch of other stuff, too, but I was particularly pleased with myself on that since I'm just an averaged-sized lady-person.
How it is possible that you of all people have developed the muscles to move things from one house to the next? Science may never fully understand.

Moved a queen mattress and box spring from the second floor of one house to the second floor of another house by myself today.  💪  Moved a bunch of other stuff, too, but I was particularly pleased with myself on that since I'm just an averaged-sized lady-person.
I surely would injure myself doing that. I haven't moved in 23 years, I'd probably pull my entire body

Over a foot and a half of snow and the fuel line on my snowblower leaked out a whole tank of gas on my garage floor. I am going to shovel and cook a pot of beef stew and have my first drink in over a month and log none of it because I don't want to know. 
Sorry GB. If it's any consolation, the exercise should more or less cancel the calories.

Occasional nice days in the dead of winter is sort of a make-up call for Austin basically being a Turkish sauna from Easter to Halloween.

Sorry GB. If it's any consolation, the exercise should more or less cancel the calories.

Occasional nice days in the dead of winter is sort of a make-up call for Austin basically being a Turkish sauna from Easter to Halloween.
I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you don't know that my thing is sweaty Turkish dudes with unexpected American accents 

Ended up about 250 calories light yesterday as I had already eaten a pear late at night and we didn't have anything "worth it" laying around. I skipped breakfast and had a very light lunch as work was needing the must have maps by the afternoon meeting that eventually was a #### show. Didn't use a thing. 

🤙

So...I'm going to do a re-re-restart on Feb. 8.  Lots of reasons/excuses I could give, but this week has too many highs and lows that lead to celebrations on one hand and pizza-solace on the other.  I do have a big dinner on Feb. 9 that will put a crimp in things, but otherwise I should be good.

Apologies to the group for this week's weakness.  :(   

So...I'm going to do a re-re-restart on Feb. 8.  Lots of reasons/excuses I could give, but this week has too many highs and lows that lead to celebrations on one hand and pizza-solace on the other.  I do have a big dinner on Feb. 9 that will put a crimp in things, but otherwise I should be good.

Apologies to the group for this week's weakness.  :(   
I’ve eaten a brookie every night this week.  You certainly don’t need to apologize to me.   :lol:  

Greetings to everyone,

I apologize for not checking in as often as I probably should. I have been exercising quite often, sometimes I miss a cycle ride here or there but I play Tennis at least an avg of 60 Min a day when you add it all up over 4 visits per week. 

-They built a new clubhouse they stock full of whatever the brew crew and I request for when we are done playing tennis, we sit outside on the "rooftop" area and we almost single handedly keep the place in business, this place they just built is gorgeous and it feels like we are the only ones that take advantage of it because people are super scared and we do understand why, but we sit outside spread out and shoot the #### after tennis for a good hour, all men, some prefer to wear a mask, we don't talk politics or make a big deal out of any of that stuff.  I've built this social group up since we were allowed back on the tennis courts and of course I came back lighter, much skinnier than when I left and it put me in the leadership role of the group, these guys lean on me for a lot of the heavy lifting, organizing, running the weekly matches.

-There is another fellow who is 72 years old, he runs the 7:30am Sat group, there's 12 of us and between my Thurs Night group and his Sat group we work together in case we need a Sub as things come up. We started hanging out a lot and he loves when we pair up in Doubles, I run down all the drop shots and he usually gets to win a set when he's my partner, I will be 47 this coming April and as I have shared, I lost my father when I was 30 to cancer. My friend here, I wanted him to be more of an older brother but he has girls not boys and he's from Brooklyn, Vietnam Vet, owns a shipping company in town, I used to own a trucking company so we get together now once a week for lunch so we "discuss" things. And we talk about everything, he has great stories and luckily I have a few too. He's a father like influence I would say and certainly "The Godfather" of this group I play tennis and hang out in. 

I always think mental health is an important part of any health plan. Tennis helps me mentally and when I play my best, it's because I am focused. If you can focus on the tennis court then you can focus on other things in life, it's also good for releasing emotions you have bottled up between court times. 

Finally and with great delight I share with you that my son is coming to watch the Super Bowl with dad this weekend, rolling into town late Sat Night/Early Sun and will be camping out for several days here. We both will be rooting pretty hard for the Bucs but no matter the outcome we will be together for our first Super Bowl. 3 years ago when he entered my life, I had him for the 1st week of the NFL season and he fell asleep in my wife's chair, just wasn't into football that much. Then he saw me playing Fantasy Football and started asking questions...he's won his league 2 yrs in a row now, admits fantasy was the driving force for him watching it but he has been ALL BUCS this year since Brady arrived, he lives in Tampa/St Pete, that's where he was born. 

My focus right now is on my son and his visit and I promise I will get back in the groove after the Super Bowl. My son and I have activities planned like bikes and hikes so we can enjoy some afternoon adult beverages. 

Cheers from South Florida

Users who are viewing this thread