What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Otis fad diet thread — yoga, fasting, and kevzilla walking on🚶‍♂️ (13 Viewers)

My experience in suburban Texas is that all baseball parents are quite insane, even if the kids are hitting off a tee  :lmao:
Fortunately that hasn't been my experience at all in suburban Philly.  But give it another year or two and I'm sure it will change.  That's when I'm out.    

Posting helped me stick with it the first time. So here we go again. 

This week:  246 lbs       Last week:  249 lbs

Change:  -3 lbs               Loss to date:  35 lbs

------------------------------

Target weight:  207 lbs

March 12:   281 lbs  
March 19:   274 lbs
March 26:   270 lbs
April 2:       265 lbs
April 9:       262 lbs
April 16:     259 lbs
April 23:     256 lbs
April 30:     254 lbs
May 7:       251 lbs
May 14:     249 lbs
May 21:     246 lbs
3 pounds lost, good results. Sticking with 2 bike rides each day, for about 1700-2100 calories total, with one rest day a week. Blister gone, but only doing short walks to 'pay' the calories for extra treats. Weather's been kind of nasty for walking anyway.

Have a medical thing this week that is going to disrupt my routine a little bit, but hopefully not too bad.

Yo.

Uh, where to begin.  Last weekend was awful as I reported, and over the week I've slowly been getting back down to the 225 zone which is good.  No working out this week, just Nooming.  Last night Mrs. O was drinking with friends, and I cracked and I had a glass of white wine and a hard boiled egg.  Then instead of pouring the second and third glass and raiding the snack cabinet, I decided, hell, I'm just gonna go to bed.  So that's what I did.  A glass of white wine and a hard boiled egg is pretty OK by usual Otis standards.

But the key for me will be this weekend.  I am staying committed.  I need to start powering through weekends and break this constant yo yo.

:sadbanana:

#### ain't easy.  don't drink anything else this weekend.
Good idea. 

####. What about the two bottles we’ve already opened tonight. DO OVER?

Ok good. Fresh start in the morning.  Except my wife is making me go to some country club fancy people fund raiser thing tomorrow night and gosh darn (language filter for 3 year olds EYEROLL) if alcohol wasn’t invented for this specific purpose of allowing people to survive these exact events. 

So yeah. That’s that. 

PPS Knicks first playoff game Sunday night and I’ll drink a light beer or two for that. Sorry not sorry. If six pack abs require being sober at some country club and not drinking during your favorite sports team’s playoff run, I’d just rather be fat. 

Suffering from Otis levels of motivation lately, plus it's raining. But I dragged myself to the treadmill for a mile. I'm helping Bipolar Girl run errands this afternoon, I'll get enough steps today.

The scale says I lost 4.2 pounds this week. I'm lighter than I've been in a quarter-century. Steady as she goes.

Good idea. 

####. What about the two bottles we’ve already opened tonight. DO OVER?

Ok good. Fresh start in the morning.  Except my wife is making me go to some country club fancy people fund raiser thing tomorrow night and gosh darn (language filter for 3 year olds EYEROLL) if alcohol wasn’t invented for this specific purpose of allowing people to survive these exact events. 

So yeah. That’s that. 

PPS Knicks first playoff game Sunday night and I’ll drink a light beer or two for that. Sorry not sorry. If six pack abs require being sober at some country club and not drinking during your favorite sports team’s playoff run, I’d just rather be fat. 
I don’t know if I feel worse for you that you have to go to the fundraiser thingie or that the Knicks are your favorite sports team.

Suffering from Otis levels of motivation lately, plus it's raining. But I dragged myself to the treadmill for a mile. I'm helping Bipolar Girl run errands this afternoon, I'll get enough steps today.

The scale says I lost 4.2 pounds this week. I'm lighter than I've been in a quarter-century. Steady as she goes.
F yeah

I'm caught up on Adriene's May calendar after missing four days due to COVID and one to a hangover.  Going to get a couple of days ahead tomorrow so that I can try some Tim Monday/Tuesday instead.  Oh, and after ~15 months of near-daily yoga, I finally bought a yoga mat this week.  :bag:  

Remember how I was having significant knee and hip pain on the right side?  After not doing any walking or yoga for several days, I started up the yoga again but not the walking, and guess what?  No pain anymore.  So obviously it was the walking, and I need to figure out how to fix that issue.  Maybe just having these two weeks off now will have been enough.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm caught up on Adriene's May calendar after missing four days due to COVID and one to a hangover.  Going to get a couple of days ahead tomorrow so that I can try some Tim Monday/Tuesday instead.  Oh, and after ~15 months of near-daily yoga, I finally bought a yoga mat this week.  :bag:  

Remember how I was having significant knee and hip pain on the right side?  After not doing any walking or yoga for several days, I started up the yoga again but not the walking, and guess what?  No pain anymore.  So obviously it was the walking, and I need to figure out how to fix that issue.  Maybe just having these two weeks off now will have been enough.
Was it your hip or your IT band?  Your knees or your quads referring pain to your knees because it hurts when you bend your knees? Maybe try

https://youtu.be/0hTllAb4XGg

Its called Yoga for runners but it does a lot of stretching around the parts you're describing and probably because you put such an unusual amount of strain on your body from all those miles of walking.  

Was it your hip or your IT band?  Your knees or your quads referring pain to your knees because it hurts when you bend your knees? Maybe try

https://youtu.be/0hTllAb4XGg

Its called Yoga for runners but it does a lot of stretching around the parts you're describing and probably because you put such an unusual amount of strain on your body from all those miles of walking.  
I think IT band is right.  Good call.

And :lmao:  at Yoga for Runners.  That was today's Adriene day on her calendar, so I just did it earlier today.  I liked it!  Good idea to keep it in the rotation more often.

Dude @Otis saw the recent Facebook picture. You lost some weight! 
Thanks GB!  Still some ways to go, but better than where I was in January.  In the morning without my contacts in I walked past a mirror shirtless and almost got a glimpse of what I could look like if I didn’t raid the liquor cabinet and then snack cabinet every weekend.  But then I put in my contacts and got a clear look, and, yeah, we could still stand to drop another 20 here…..eesh….

Yoga peeps — I’ve been feeling really tight, and creaky, and the back hurting, etc.  I remember how good and flexible I felt even from the silly 30 days of beginning yoga with our girl.  I think I may cycle through that program again.  It was actually nice to find that 30 min break somewhere in the middle of my work day anyway, a good excuse to de-stress a bit.  So, yeah.  I think I’ll do that.  Starting Monday

Related: Drizly is my hero.  Through that service I found more of my Peak Slim Hazy IPA 95 calorie beers and had a bunch delivered.  I’ll ever overdrink beer.  I’m half inclined to throw out all the wine.  I keep leaving it there for if we have company etc., but then Friday night hits and whammo suddenly we gotta open like 4 of those post haste.

Excited to enjoy my slim hazy during a great sports day of Phil and then the Knicks.  

Thanks GB!  Still some ways to go, but better than where I was in January.  In the morning without my contacts in I walked past a mirror shirtless and almost got a glimpse of what I could look like if I didn’t raid the liquor cabinet and then snack cabinet every weekend.  But then I put in my contacts and got a clear look, and, yeah, we could still stand to drop another 20 here…..eesh….

Yoga peeps — I’ve been feeling really tight, and creaky, and the back hurting, etc.  I remember how good and flexible I felt even from the silly 30 days of beginning yoga with our girl.  I think I may cycle through that program again.  It was actually nice to find that 30 min break somewhere in the middle of my work day anyway, a good excuse to de-stress a bit.  So, yeah.  I think I’ll do that.  Starting Monday
Maybe try her HOME series instead, just to do something new.  It was the first one I did, so it was not advanced at all, but might have been slightly more challenging than the beginner series.

I'll second "home". Don't do "breathe".  There's another one that she did that was pretty good too if you're looking for 30 day challenges i can't remember the name.  I have been slacking on the yoga while I've been increasing the running and I really should get back to it. 
Yes, I wouldn't recommend Breathe either unless you've done it a while and want to expand your knowledge.  It was a tough slog for me.

Well it was a weekend.  Didn't go off the rails with food, but drank too much the last three nights.  

I actually lost a little over a pound last week for the first time in a while.  That was probably from only drinking one night last weekend.

Just got off the mat for the first time since Thursday.  Did YWA Balancing Flow.  This is the last video in her place with the wood floors and box seat in front of the windows.  The flow was fine.  The best part for me was her humor and even some sex jokes and innuendos.  I've missed her.  I do think the flow was a little too fast tho, she didn't hold poses long enough for me.  She sure talks a lot.  

New week.  Get after it!

Well it was a weekend.  Didn't go off the rails with food, but drank too much the last three nights.  

I actually lost a little over a pound last week for the first time in a while.  That was probably from only drinking one night last weekend.

Just got off the mat for the first time since Thursday.  Did YWA Balancing Flow.  This is the last video in her place with the wood floors and box seat in front of the windows.  The flow was fine.  The best part for me was her humor and even some sex jokes and innuendos.  I've missed her.  I do think the flow was a little too fast tho, she didn't hold poses long enough for me.  She sure talks a lot.  

New week.  Get after it!
It's weird for me when she talks about sex like I definitely think about sex sometimes when I look at her but I forget that she probably knows about sex too because she's so sweet most of the time and then she hits you wit the heyo and I'm like omg adriene no 

It's weird for me when she talks about sex like I definitely think about sex sometimes when I look at her but I forget that she probably knows about sex too because she's so sweet most of the time and then she hits you wit the heyo and I'm like omg adriene no 
All of this.  

Weather forced me to the treadmill this morning. Whacked my right hand into the end of the handrail so hard that I had to spend the last five minutes licking off the blood. From my hand, not the treadmill. The app says my pace was 19:17, which is still a better workout than that extra hour of sleep would have been.

Curious to hear how your session with Tim goes.  Innuendo intentional.  

New week.  Get after it!
I did this one last month(?) and really enjoyed it.  Thought it was interesting with some different poses than I'd done before.

About the talking, though...wow, I've really started to notice and become a little irritated with that.  In the past week or so, I've done two where she said, "OK, I'm going to be quiet for a while and let you do your thing," and then she's quiet for five seconds before she starts yammering again.  I'm learning just to tune her out a lot of the time and only "hear" her when she says we're going to a new pose.

Curious to hear how your session with Tim goes.  Innuendo intentional.  
I'm planning to do that one tomorrow. 

Week 0:  Goal - lose 18 pounds

Week 1:  -5.4 pounds, -5.4 pounds total

Week 2:  -0.4 pounds, -5.8 pounds total

Week 3:  -2.2 pounds, -8 pounds total

Week 4:  -1.2 pounds, -9.2 pounds total

Week 5:  -0.6 pounds, -9.8 pounds total

This is what four good days of eating/drinking, two bad days, and one truly awful day look like.  Plus a near-complete cessation of physical activity due to COVID.  This week will be better.

Also, I did the dumbest Adriene yoga practice ever today.  
Week 0:  Goal - lose 18 pounds

Week 1:  -5.4 pounds, -5.4 pounds total

Week 2:  -0.4 pounds, -5.8 pounds total

Week 3:  -2.2 pounds, -8 pounds total

Week 4:  -1.2 pounds, -9.2 pounds total

Week 5:  -0.6 pounds, -9.8 pounds total

Week 6:  -2.0 pounds, -11.8 pounds total

I have 12 days to continue on a good streak before a six-day vacation that's temporarily going to kill the momentum.  

I did this one last month(?) and really enjoyed it.  Thought it was interesting with some different poses than I'd done before.

About the talking, though...wow, I've really started to notice and become a little irritated with that.  In the past week or so, I've done two where she said, "OK, I'm going to be quiet for a while and let you do your thing," and then she's quiet for five seconds before she starts yammering again.  I'm learning just to tune her out a lot of the time and only "hear" her when she says we're going to a new pose.
yeah it's definitely true but it's also because you're getting better at it.  When you started, if she went off on a two minute blah blah break about going to Amsterdam and going full beach ball, you were like ok thank goodness I needed a break. But now you're like hey I know you're busy but can I just do some downward dogs please?  And the answer is yes.  Do a little more of the thing you were just doing, or if you've done this one before just skip to the next exercise. She does it to make connections with people and keep the pace slowe but you've gotten to the point where you don't need either of those things... maybe you've graduated 

yeah it's definitely true but it's also because you're getting better at it.  When you started, if she went off on a two minute blah blah break about going to Amsterdam and going full beach ball, you were like ok thank goodness I needed a break. But now you're like hey I know you're busy but can I just do some downward dogs please?  And the answer is yes.  Do a little more of the thing you were just doing, or if you've done this one before just skip to the next exercise. She does it to make connections with people and keep the pace slowe but you've gotten to the point where you don't need either of those things... maybe you've graduated 
This is why I'm planning to do more of the 'Down Dog' app this week.  It tells you what to do but nothing else.  You can also pick what type and length of session you want.  My free trial expires soon, and it's like $60 for the year.  Probably worth it, but free youtube is...  free.  

Drank entirely waaaay too much this weekend and ate like crap too. I did do a massive ride on the mountain bike that burned 1,400 active calories. I regretted my decisions from the previous night every minute of the ride. Also saw the biggest bobcat I’ve ever seen, so that was cool. 
That "like" was for the bobcat.  Cool.

I was bad on the diet after I finished my hard push on Easter at 208.5, currently around 214 or 215.  But I also have gotten to another level with my running during that time.  My long run back then was about 4 miles.  I've run 20 miles in the last three days and feel good enough to want to run another one today.  Now that I'm getting accustomed to these longer runs, I'm going to get more serious about the diet and try to get down below 200.  I should be more excited about that but I think I've put all my health related motivation into running and not saved enough for the diet part.  I have probably lost a pound in the last week and a half, but it should be more like three.  The good news is that being able to eat a lot and still lose a little is a huge motivation to keep running.  But I really need to get my #### together. 

Did my first down dog session today.  The sessions are very customizable, from length to focus, intensity, etc. 

Today was a 30 min full practice, core strength boost, intermediate level 1, with a 3 minute Savasana.  

I liked it.  Good flow.  Boats seemed to be the core boost and I'm OK w/ that.  Warriors, vinyasas, etc.  Not a lot of balance work, only Warrior 3.  Chair poses were also a little short.  A little bit of forearm work, dolphin and side plank.  

I have 7 days left on my free trial.  I'm going to play around with the settings this week and try out some easier and harder sessions.  I can get a year of session for $40 from the website, that seems the way to go.  

Oh, I used my phone for this session.  Need to see if I can stream it to the TV.  I do like the fact that the session was basically just calling out moves w/ a person on the screen doing it also but I may occasionally want the poses on TV.  

I'm taking a month off from the hippie lettuce, and it's perversely harming my motivation. Pace this morning was 18:56.
I had one good habit and now I'm adding a second good habit and having a hard time being perfect on both. 

Well, yeah.  That's harder. 

You're still going out there and walking and you're taking a health break from the weed. That's pretty awesome.  And you've been doing good on the diet for a really long time.  It's all pretty impressive from where I sit 

Page 2!?!?!

Just did another down dog session.  30-min, Full practice, Intermediate II, lower back focus.  

I woke up w/ a bit of tightness in my lower back, so thought I'd do the lower back focus.  This was a mild mistake.  When I did core strength focus yesterday I didn't realize that every pose was basically tailored to core work, I thought they just added the boat work at the end.  I was wrong.  So today's session had tons and tons of forward folds and twists, all focused to the lower back.  I mean it was fine, but was a bit much.  I expected a few extra lower back stretches, not a full session focused on the lower back.  

Oh well.  Learned from this and I will move on. 

Last night was a victory for me.  When to an after hours work function at a beer hall.  Ate a snack before the event, only had two beers and a few nacho chips over the two plus hours.  Most of these people I haven't seen in person for 12+ months and several noticed my weight loss and increased fitness.  Win/win!

Keep up the good work!

Users who are viewing this thread