What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Otis fad diet thread — yoga, fasting, and kevzilla walking on🚶‍♂️ (9 Viewers)

My diet has absolutely gone to #### over the past couple weeks. My son made the 9U all star baseball team, but that has meant 3 hour practices every day they don’t have games.... and they play tournaments every week. Not only has it lead us to scrambling to get food on the table, it’s resulted in eating more junk.

To compound it, I haven’t really had the time to get out on the bike. Last week was my first week recording 0 miles. We did go to Disneyland, which didn’t help. Got 72,000 steps in over 2 days, but also ate a bunch of fried junk food.

Yesterday I finally ate pretty good and got a 21 mile bike ride in. The family is going to Tahoe in a few weeks and I told myself last year that I would ride around the entire lake this July. It’s something like 75 miles with 4000ft of elevation gain. This is over twice as long as my current longest ride, so I’m actually starting to feel a bit nervous about it. 

While holding her melons. 
OK i gotta ask a few questions. 

-Do you think she understands how sexie some guys think she is? I ask because I don't get the feeling when I watch her that she is trying to sell sexie or is aware of some of the things she is doing. 

-The popsicle? My wife would tell you that she knew guys would clickbait on that and so she put it in there but I don't feel that way at all, I don't think she views eating a popsicle the same way some of us might view or look at it...she does really bite down on that thing a couple times, maybe someone should launch a channel of people eating popsicles all day, bet it would be a big hit. 

OK i gotta ask a few questions. 

-Do you think she understands how sexie some guys think she is? I ask because I don't get the feeling when I watch her that she is trying to sell sexie or is aware of some of the things she is doing. 

-The popsicle? My wife would tell you that she knew guys would clickbait on that and so she put it in there but I don't feel that way at all, I don't think she views eating a popsicle the same way some of us might view or look at it...she does really bite down on that thing a couple times, maybe someone should launch a channel of people eating popsicles all day, bet it would be a big hit. 
She knows exactly what she's doing.

My diet has absolutely gone to #### over the past couple weeks. My son made the 9U all star baseball team, but that has meant 3 hour practices every day they don’t have games.... and they play tournaments every week. Not only has it lead us to scrambling to get food on the table, it’s resulted in eating more junk.

To compound it, I haven’t really had the time to get out on the bike. Last week was my first week recording 0 miles. We did go to Disneyland, which didn’t help. Got 72,000 steps in over 2 days, but also ate a bunch of fried junk food.

Yesterday I finally ate pretty good and got a 21 mile bike ride in. The family is going to Tahoe in a few weeks and I told myself last year that I would ride around the entire lake this July. It’s something like 75 miles with 4000ft of elevation gain. This is over twice as long as my current longest ride, so I’m actually starting to feel a bit nervous about it. 
Here's an idea, take some pressure off of yourself and let's not do 75 Miles, let's find something that will still feel great and won't have us worrying which leads to eating. 

Why can't the parents of these young sports stars pack some lunches or at least one meal or heavy snacks like big jars of nuts and bags of apples and oranges, pretty solid food until you can clear your head and not run thru the Wendy's Drive Thru(I love Wendy's, have not had it in well over a year). 

You don't have to spend a fortune on Yeti coolers, I think Igloo makes some very practical and solid coolers for under $50, every kid or every 2 kids should be packing up a cooler with stuff they want to eat or will eat when they get hungry after 2-3 hours. 

It's a ##### making this stuff up ahead of time and easier to blow thru a Drive-Thru, yes/no? We could stack the deck and make you never ant to go thru a drive thru but I find its better to not beat folks up, we've all eaten plenty of junk in our lives, my junk are pizzas and beer, it's just another form of fast food really. 

Good Luck, and truth be told I'm pulling for you to make it the 75 Miles but I also want to offer some alternatives, I bet you're going to have a lot of fun in Tahoe. 

Here's an idea, take some pressure off of yourself and let's not do 75 Miles, let's find something that will still feel great and won't have us worrying which leads to eating. 

Why can't the parents of these young sports stars pack some lunches or at least one meal or heavy snacks like big jars of nuts and bags of apples and oranges, pretty solid food until you can clear your head and not run thru the Wendy's Drive Thru(I love Wendy's, have not had it in well over a year). 

You don't have to spend a fortune on Yeti coolers, I think Igloo makes some very practical and solid coolers for under $50, every kid or every 2 kids should be packing up a cooler with stuff they want to eat or will eat when they get hungry after 2-3 hours. 

It's a ##### making this stuff up ahead of time and easier to blow thru a Drive-Thru, yes/no? We could stack the deck and make you never ant to go thru a drive thru but I find its better to not beat folks up, we've all eaten plenty of junk in our lives, my junk are pizzas and beer, it's just another form of fast food really. 

Good Luck, and truth be told I'm pulling for you to make it the 75 Miles but I also want to offer some alternatives, I bet you're going to have a lot of fun in Tahoe. 
We do pack lunches/snacks/water for the weekend tournaments that take all day.  It's the workweek practices/games that take their toll.  It's not impossible to put healthy food on the table, but we're all exhausted and unorganized from constantly running around.  We aren't really hitting the drive-thru as much as just eating pre-made meals from the grocery store that are quick to prepare.  These aren't necessarily much healthier. 

As for the bike ride, the pressure is not going to stress me out to the point of eating poorly.  I'm genuinely looking forward to it.  It's the last remaining bucket list ride that I had told myself I would do when I started cycling, but it's also by far the biggest.  The others that were on my list I completed much earlier than I anticipated I would.  I think wheat I'm feeling is probably similar to someone who trains for half marathons taking the plunge and attempting a full marathon

Chugging along. Down one to get to 186lbs.

Rode 6 miles yesterday. Push ups, pull ups, chin ups, and dips. Had a wrap for lunch but also two beers. Chicken tacos for dinner but then ate a whole box of Toffifay candy. These are my number one favorite candy in the world and these were from Father’s Day. I could t resist them any longer. Just one becomes two. Two and well I might as well have the third cause that will empty the row. AWwwww F it, Nomnomnomnom

:bag:

Page 2?!?!?!

Was pretty busy yesterday w/ work stuff but snuck in a 30-min restorative yoga session, primarily because I had a stress headache and it did relieve the pain.  

Did a 40-min down dog session today.  Full practice, core strength focus.  Boats are somehow getting easier and I held crow probably the best and longest I've held it today.  

Been under my calories the last few days and no booze all week.  

I'm still debating on going alcohol free this weekend, but I'm doubting it happens. 

Keep up the good work!

Page 2?!?!?!

Was pretty busy yesterday w/ work stuff but snuck in a 30-min restorative yoga session, primarily because I had a stress headache and it did relieve the pain.  

Did a 40-min down dog session today.  Full practice, core strength focus.  Boats are somehow getting easier and I held crow probably the best and longest I've held it today.  

Been under my calories the last few days and no booze all week.  

I'm still debating on going alcohol free this weekend, but I'm doubting it happens. 

Keep up the good work!
I'd be interested in the restorative yoga you did.  Is it one you can link, or is it something you paid for?

I'd be interested in the restorative yoga you did.  Is it one you can link, or is it something you paid for?
It's in the downdog app.  They have tons of different types of sessions.  It's free for 30 days if you want to try it.  The restorative is all on the ground, it really is just a nice stretching session.  

End of week update --

Exercise:
3 walks / 12 miles / 1592 calories burned

Rested on Tuesday & Wednesday because of the knee issue. Picked up some special insoles as recommended by @Ministry of Pain and I think they're helping quite a bit -- just bought another pair for my work shoes today. They don't solve everything but I think they might be enough to keep me walking while I work on strengthening my quads. In fact, today I was feeling so good that I walked a bit more than I probably should have -- both knees are pretty sore now. :bag:  

Diet:

Keeping steady with healthy breakfasts & lunches. Was seriously tempted by Wendy's breakfast a couple times but didn't give in. I could stand to limit my alcohol intake a bit more, but other than that I think I'm at a fairly healthy equilibrium here. Hopefully the heart rate / BP readings at my next doctor visit will confirm that. 

This week:  231 lbs       Last week:  235 lbs

Change:  4 lbs               Loss to date:  50 lbs

------------------------------

Target weight:  207 lbs

March 12:   281 lbs  
March 19:   274 lbs
March 26:   270 lbs
April 2:       265 lbs
April 9:       262 lbs
April 16:     259 lbs
April 23:     256 lbs
April 30:     254 lbs
May 7:       251 lbs
May 14:     249 lbs
May 21:     246 lbs
May 28:     245 lbs
June 4:      239 lbs
June 11:    235 lbs
June 18:   235 lbs
June 25:   231 lbs
Down 50 lbs total! :)

Lost a little more than I was aiming for after just maintaining where I was last week. Kind of alternating 1 or 2 exercise bike rides a day.  With dodging rain and oppressive heat, only got in one walk. Shoulder still hurting from reaggravating the strain and going to do another month of physical therapy as a result, though I've got increased range of motion in it even with the pain returned.

Kind of jazzed to hit that 50 lb lost mark though.

Down 50 lbs total! :)

Lost a little more than I was aiming for after just maintaining where I was last week. Kind of alternating 1 or 2 exercise bike rides a day.  With dodging rain and oppressive heat, only got in one walk. Shoulder still hurting from reaggravating the strain and going to do another month of physical therapy as a result, though I've got increased range of motion in it even with the pain returned.

Kind of jazzed to hit that 50 lb lost mark though.
Holy ####.  That's amazing!  Keep it up!

March 12:   281 lbs  
March 19:   274 lbs
March 26:   270 lbs
April 2:       265 lbs
April 9:       262 lbs
April 16:     259 lbs
April 23:     256 lbs
April 30:     254 lbs

30 pounds in the first 8 weeks is impressive 

May 14:     249 lbs
May 21:     246 lbs
May 28:     245 lbs
June 4:      239 lbs
June 11:    235 lbs
June 18:   235 lbs
June 25:   231 lbs
20 pounds in the next 7 weeks is probably even more impressive 

Nice work 

Imagined I was kev this morning, as my weekly walk to the farmers market was about 20 degrees hotter than usual.  Felt like walking through soup, but I did see a really cool Barred Owl on the way back, so there was that benefit! 

We're going to be in the 90s for four straight days, with Monday predicted to hit 104.  It has never hit 100 in the 7+ years I've lived here, and in fact has only been recorded in Seattle twice...ever.  I'm looking like a genius for making A/C installation my first order of business in the new place.

After lunch I did a shoulder stand!  Or a few of them!  When I tried to do one cold a month or two ago, I over-rotated into plow.  But yesterday's Adriene video was a "Foundation of Shoulder Stand" practice, and I decided today to give it a go.  She actually has you go into plow first and then ease into the shoulder stand from there.  The step-by-step, working up to it definitely worked for me.  Fun!  A week ago the practice was Foundation of Head Stand, which I subbed something else in for, but maybe I'll try that tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
At the beach this week. 

The good:

The only calories I’ve consumed so far have been beer. 

The bad:

Im drinking A LOT of beer. 6 down this morning. 

Tuckey wrap for lunch. 

more beer for afternoon. 

ETA - mmmm beer in styrofoam cups on the beach is simply the best and I’m a smoker, not a drinker. 

Woke up and hit the beach early to spread out the tent and chairs and while nobody was watching I hit the chin/pull-up bar and some dips. Push ups when I got back to our hotel room. 

I did something to my shoulder a couple of weeks ago and it’s still lingering. Trying to work around it. 

ETA- No weight to post but I felt it on the pull ups. I was able to do 8,10,16 which is pretty good for me at this time. 

Just got off the mat.  40-min down dog session.  Full practice with a core strength boost.  Side crows are stupid and hard, I still can't get them.  Oh, and standing splits for me look closer to a warrior 3.  The rest of it was good.  My boats are getting much better, they are still hard but I can basically complete all the boats in the sessions now.  Progress!  

I'm really starting to enjoy shoulder stands.  Something about being upside down I guess.  I'm even debating on trying to find some head stand routines, or routines that build into more head/shoulder stand poses.  

Weekend was way too much booze, but food wasn't too bad.  

Keep up the good work!

STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:
At the beach this week. 

The good:

The only calories I’ve consumed so far have been beer. 

The bad:

Im drinking A LOT of beer. 6 down this morning. 

I just returned from a very similar vacation. Beers early and all day with plenty of swimming, walks and a good diet. 
Stepped on the scale this morning and was up 7 pounds. Time to get back to work. 

Quiet in here. 

Did a circuit workout this morning.  30 mins.  May do some light yoga later.  

Under calories and no booze yesterday.  
Where's kevzilla's daily report?

As for me, just motoring along doing imposter's yoga.  Yesterday was "Yoga for Gardeners," which I am not, and last week included a "Yoga for Cyclists," which I am not, to add to last month's yogas for swimmers, surfers, etc.  Patiently waiting for the sessions tailored to me:  "Yoga for Beatles Fanatics," "Yoga for People Who Eat a Lot of Pizza," etc.

krista4 said:

As for me, just motoring along doing imposter's yoga.  Yesterday was "Yoga for Gardeners," which I am not, and last week included a "Yoga for Cyclists," which I am not, to add to last month's yogas for swimmers, surfers, etc.  Patiently waiting for the sessions tailored to me:  "Yoga for Beatles Fanatics," "Yoga for People Who Eat a Lot of Pizza," etc.
i neither did, nor watched the whole video.  pizza hands with dionne

krista4 said:

And here I’ve been doing “Yoga for Beatles Fanatics” not realizing there is “Yoga for Cyclists” and “Yoga for Gardeners”. 

krista4 said:

Coincidentally, i received an email today that my Ooni pizza oven has shipped!  :excited:  

Keenly disappointed in my lack of motivation lately. I wanted to run strong through the tape that is my birthday, but it seems like I'd rather coast. But I got out there and my pace was 18:34, so not so bad. Hope I'm not forced to the treadmill by rain.

Did a 40-min down dog yoga session this morning.  Full session with upper body strength focus.  Went fine, but I still can't do side crow pose.  

Under calories and no booze yesterday.  

Keep up the good work!

@Otis Where are you?  Hope your hunger strike hasn't made you too weak to post!

@kevzilla It's not your birthday!

Users who are viewing this thread