What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

My main league changed our scoring system (1 Viewer)

Well I put those new scoring rules into last year's league, and these are the results for weeks 1-16.

RBS.                                             WRS

1.  Freeman, D.  342.5.            Brown. A. 363.4

2. Peterson, A.  336.1.             Jones, JUL 360.2

3.  Martin, D.  293.4.                 Marshall, B 323.6

4.  Williams, D.  272.9.             Hopkins, D. 321.2

5.  Gurley, T.  272.6.                 Beckham, O 317.2

6.  Miller, L 258.1.                     Robinson,  A  293.2

7.  Ivory,  C 256.9.                     Landry,  J  270.250

8.  Murray,L  256.3.                  Fitzgerald, L  268.0

9.  Gore, F  244.2.                      Green, A.J. 266.3

10.  Forte, M.  236.5.                 Baldwin, D.  262.3

11.  McFadden, D 235.9.          Cooks, B.  253.5

12.  Stewart,  J  231.7.              Thomas,  D  249.7

13.  Ingram, M  230.2.               Decker,  E  238.7

14.  Mccoy,  L  228.6.                Johnson,  C  233.7

15. Johnson,  D  226.6.             Maclin,  J  232.0

16. Woodhead,  D  221.0.         Hurns, A  226.4

17.  Hill, J  209.6.                       Crabtree,  M  221.8

18. Murray, D  207.8.                 Sanders, E  217.4

19. Bernard,  G  197.8.              Cooper, A  216.3

20. Yeldon, T.J. 194.5.              Matthews, J  211.3

Seems as if it narrowed the gap in ppr(1 pt ppr wr/te, and 0.5 pt per rb) with the 0.3 pts per rushing attempt. 

Once again I appreciate your ideas, but like I said in an earlier post," guys in my league prefer more points."  So it seems to me that 0.3 per carry helps to rectify the situation.

Once again I appreciate your ideas, but like I said in an earlier post," guys in my league prefer more points."  So it seems to me that 0.3 per carry helps to rectify the situation.
Get rid of ppr and ppc, and just double the points for everything else.

Heck, you could even triple the points for everything else for EVEN MORE FUN!!!  YAY!  derka der

If the best solution is getting rid of PPR but you can't because your league mates are in love with PPR and prefer more points, then just change the scoring so every category other than receptions is worth 10 times its current value.  So 1 point per yard, 60 points per TD, etc.  That yields "more points", keeps PPR in play, and minimizes the problem you are trying to counterbalance (PPR itself).  In a nutshell, that is basically standard scoring with a minuscule bonus for receptions.

Yes my two cents are that it's better to reduce/remove PPR instead of adding a counterbalance like points per rush.  I'm intrigued by adding points per first down though.

Jesus, get off the "standard scoring is the true and only valid scoring system" train in here people. A lot of us hate standard scoring and aren't 60 years old.

I joined a league last year with some funky scoring that I kind of like. 0.15 per rushing yard, 0.08 per rush attempt. Now, that's for all positions, so things are kind of weird, but it has created an odd dynamic to player value that I'm enjoying for the moment. Sometimes you just need something different to keep you interested.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jesus, get off the "standard scoring is the true and only valid scoring system" train in here people. A lot of us hate standard scoring and aren't 60 years old.

I joined a league last year with some funky scoring that I kind of like. 0.15 per rushing yard, 0.08 per rush attempt. Now, that's for all positions, so things are kind of weird, but it has created an odd dynamic to player value that I'm enjoying for the moment. Sometimes you just need something different to keep you interested.
Why even keep score?

Losing might make one of you special little snowflake millennials feel bad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why even keep score?

What do you in your spare time when you're not telling other people how to run their leagues or just insulting them?  Honest question.

Why even keep score?

Okay, so not only are you closed minded, but you're a complete jerk too. Got it.

Let me guess - when you have buddies over for poker night everyone is only allowed to play 5 card draw. You regularly go into stores and tell the manager they are only allowed to carry 2% milk. We understand. You feel the need to control how others play and your way is the only right way. 

Now go away and let the adults have their discussion. 

We switched from PPR to points per 1st down a few years ago with no looking back.  Rewards a good football play and doesn't over-reward a receiver just for catching a ball.

0.3 = passing 1st down

0.8571 = rushing 1st down

1.2 = receiving 1st down

The numbers are weighted for appropriate balance.  For perspective, 7 rushing 1st downs = 70 yards rushing = 1 TD

Bronco Billy said:
Okay, so not only are you closed minded, but you're a complete jerk too. Got it.

Let me guess - when you have buddies over for poker night everyone is only allowed to play 5 card draw. You regularly go into stores and tell the manager they are only allowed to carry 2% milk. We understand. You feel the need to control how others play and your way is the only right way. 

Now go away and let the adults have their discussion. 
Settle down, Sally.

My post mocking millennials was in response to mcintyre's generalization that only old people prefer standard scoring.

Now go back to your safe space.  :P

Users who are viewing this thread