What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I LOVE Elizabeth Warren: All aboard - WOO WOO!!! (2 Viewers)

Sorry Kemosabe but Warrens lies are going to harm her campaign 
No proof that she lied about her ethnic heritage as told to her by her family, verified by her siblings. And Scott Brown attacking her with it (Does she look like an Indian?) cost him the election.

Using the lie to attract a voting block is very Hillary of her
Fwiw as I understand it the “lie” was on Harvard who was attempting to fill out its diversity profile in one instance. I think it goes to show how silly some of those racial classifications are but I don’t think Warren has ever pushed it herself. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Fwiw as I understand it the “lie” was on Harvard who was attempting to fill out its diversity profile in one instance. I think it goes to show how silly some of those racial classifications are but I don’t think Warren has ever pushed it herself. 
You are right, it was for the Harvard position.

:shrug:

Maybe they have a sense of humor?
If you would use bad hombre as a "joke" among any Latinos I know, you better be prepared to run fast or defend yourself, as they find it pejorative and insulting. They don't share your or HTs "sense of humor" regarding what they perceive as an ethnic slur towards Hispanics.

GROOT said:

You are right, it was for the Harvard position.
There's no known evidence that she claimed minority status to get a job. (But that could be explained by the fact that none of her employers have released that info.)

She did list herself as a Native American in a directory published by the Association of American Law Schools, as well as a cookbook, plus a couple other professional organizations.

Of course the big irony with all this is that the people who complain the most about Warren are the people who support Trump. They complain about how she 1) lied, and 2) exploited the system. But aren't those two of Donald Trump's best qualities? The guy is a first-class liar who takes advantage of whatever loopholes he can exploit. Usually Trumpguys celebrate him for screwing the system, right? So here comes Elizabeth Warren, doing exactly what Trump would have done if he could have pulled it off......and suddenly she's unqualified to hold office?

Huh. Maybe Elizabeth Warren's only fault is that she didn't respond to the accusations with "That makes me smart."

There's no known evidence that she claimed minority status to get a job. (But that could be explained by the fact that none of her employers have released that info.)

She did list herself as a Native American in a directory published by the Association of American Law Schools, as well as a cookbook, plus a couple other professional organizations.

Of course the big irony with all this is that the people who complain the most about Warren are the people who support Trump. They complain about how she 1) lied, and 2) exploited the system. But aren't those two of Donald Trump's best qualities? The guy is a first-class liar who takes advantage of whatever loopholes he can exploit. Usually Trumpguys celebrate him for screwing the system, right? So here comes Elizabeth Warren, doing exactly what Trump would have done if he could have pulled it off......and suddenly she's unqualified to hold office?

Huh. Maybe Elizabeth Warren's only fault is that she didn't respond to the accusations with "That makes me smart."
Not only that, there is not a shred of evidence that she gained any advantage in employment because of this, as far as being hired or being promoted.

If you would use bad hombre as a "joke" among any Latinos I know, you better be prepared to run fast or defend yourself, as they find it pejorative and insulting. They don't share your or HTs "sense of humor" regarding what they perceive as an ethnic slur towards Hispanics.
I believe bad hombre was used to describe any bad dude that creates mayhem?

Kimosabe is always used as a term of friendship and kinship.  Didn’t you ever see the Lone Ranger growing up?   It’s sad you all can distort something so wholesome as now racist.   

I believe bad hombre was used to describe any bad dude that creates mayhem?

Kimosabe is always used as a term of friendship and kinship.  Didn’t you ever see the Lone Ranger growing up?   It’s sad you all can distort something so wholesome as now racist.   
bad hombre is a bad man

You wont get an answer from Trump supporters on this.

@urbanhack I have the whole bloc on ignore, but have any provided the 3 lies you requested besides the standard “Google is your friend” response?

I wish she would just do the DNA test to put this whole thing to rest. If she does have Native American DNA then it proves her correct and if she doesn’t I don’t think it really matters. Seems totally understandable you would believe what your parents have told you while in college. I base my ancestry not on DNA or any research I’ve done, but purely on what my parents have told me

@urbanhack I have the whole bloc on ignore, but have any provided the 3 lies you requested besides the standard “Google is your friend” response?

I wish she would just do the DNA test to put this whole thing to rest. If she does have Native American DNA then it proves her correct and if she doesn’t I don’t think it really matters. Seems totally understandable you would believe what your parents have told you while in college. I base my ancestry not on DNA or any research I’ve done, but purely on what my parents have told me
No.   Nothing.   About what I expected.

Same crew that thinks Obama was a Muslim because he had a non-traditional name and thought he was born in Kenya because he is black

Warren appears white so she must be 100% European heritage 

No.   Nothing.   About what I expected.
Hell, I’ll spot them the Native American claim as one lie and am curious if they could produce a second lie. Clearly three is too much to produce even though Trump averages about three lies per tweet

He biggest tragedy is that she thought she was part native-American, having been born in Oklahoma no-less.  :confused:  

And people are crying about it?  You'd have to be a total ##### bag to complain about such a thing. Hi Trump!

How we could user more politicians that have that as their biggest faux pas.

And btw: The New England Historic Genealogical Society provided research showing several members of Warren's maternal family claiming Cherokee heritage.

Does anyone but me find the above posts by boots and Knowledge Dropper to be offensive? Am I alone in this?
When you consider the source it just turns into blah blah blah blah blah. It's just the worst sort of trolling ever. I feel more sorry than offended. Its clear we need to beef up our education system

And btw: The New England Historic Genealogical Society provided research showing several members of Warren's maternal family claiming Cherokee heritage.
This is FAKE NEWS. Pretty funny it’s a cnn link

Genealogical society: No proof of Warren’s Cherokee heritage found

Elizabeth Warren (File)

The New England Historical Genealogical Society, which originally announced they found evidence of Elizabeth Warren’s Native American heritage, said today they have discovered no documentation to back up claims that she is 1/32 Cherokee.

“NEHGS has not expressed a position on whether Mrs. Warren has Native American ancestry, nor do we possess any primary sources to prove that she is,” said Tom Champoux, spokesman for the NEHGS. “We have no proof that Elizabeth Warren’s great great great grandmother O.C. Sarah Smith either is or is not of Cherokee descent.”

The Herald reported today that an Oklahoma county clerk said a document purporting to prove Warren’s Cherokee roots does not exist. ReJeania Zmek, the Logan County Clerk, said there are no marriage applications from 1894 — despite claims from a Warren family newsletter and NEHGS genealogist Chris Child that indicated otherwise.

All of which leaves Warren, who said she relied on family lore when reporting her Native American ties, once again without any proof of her heritage.

The campaign didn’t immediately respond to comment.

The Herald broke the story last month that Harvard Law School had touted Warren’s Native American roots and counted her as a minority hire. Chris Child, a genealogist with the NEHGS, originally could find no American Indian ties.

Child later said he found evidence of a marriage application where Warren’s great great great grandmother is listed as a Cherokee on a 2006 family newsletter. He has been unable to find primary documentation, however.

“Our initial research indicated that various members of Ms. Warren’s extended family made references to being Cherokee, citing secondary sources, but we advised that additional research on the subject was needed,” said Champoux, adding that the society will no longer conduct any more research. “The nature of genealogical research is such that it can take many months or years, and conclusions can change based on evidence that emerges over time.”

It’s accepted in MA that she was caught in a lie about this, she shot herself in the foot. If she owned it as a “mistake” to begin with this would never have been a story. But she can’t ever be wrong , very similar to squistion. 
Hypocrite x 1000

It’s accepted in MA that she was caught in a lie about this, she shot herself in the foot. If she owned it as a “mistake” to begin with this would never have been a story. But she can’t ever be wrong , very similar to squistion. 
Sorry,  but your boy Trump is in his own lying league.  Are you going to deny that?

I will say, and this is no defense of Warren as I know little about the situation, it is easy to misrepresent your heritage.   I apparently have been doing it my whole life, I’m 43 now. 

I was told my entire life that I was 1/8 Cherokee Indian, with my grandfather being half.  I believed it as I had no reason not too.  I never used it in any capacity but it occasionally came up in conversation throughout my life.  This past birthday my mom got me one of those dna kits that looks at your background.  When it came back to my surprise it showed a lot of things (I’m a bit of a mutt apparently) but no Indian.  

Again this is no defense, just merely a first person example of how these things can get mixed up.  

Users who are viewing this thread