What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Give M. Gordon for either Dez or Fitzgerald? (1 Viewer)

gliz

Footballguy
We start 2 WR, 2 RB, 1 flex, with 0.5 PPR.

I have:

RB: L Miller, CJ Anderson, M Gordon, J Langford, C Sims

WR: AJ Green, J Nelson, D Moncrief (IR), D Jackson, T Sharpe, M Thomas

Am I upgrading enough at flex by turning Gordon into Dez or Fitz?  And if so, would you take Dez or Fitz?

Thanks!

assuming u are already starting Gordon at the flex, i wouldn't view any of this as an upgrade. Especially with Woodhead out of the picture, Gordon's upside just went up. I would not make a move.

If you have to pick one of the two receivers, Fitz has the higher floor, Dez the slightly higher ceiling, but both are definitely top tier WR's, albeit not elite.

You didn't state "dynasty" or "redraft", so I'll weigh in on both.

Dynasty - Yes for Dez, no for Fitz; the age difference more than makes up for the difference in production.

Redraft - Yes for both; if I had to choose, I would take Fitz, but it's very close.

This trade would essentially just turn your RB flex into a WR flex.  You don't really have solid depth behind the first 2/3 guys at either position.  Langford is very meh, Sharpe has promise but is going to be up/down all year I think.  I don't think this trade really helps you any.  If I'm going to have depth at one of the positions, I'd rather it be at RB almost every single time.  PPR makes it very close, and I would actually say Fitz > Gordon > Dez because of it, but even so I think losing the RB depth isn't worth the slight bump for your flex position. 

Thanks wlwiles.  I agree about the RB depth.  That was my hesitation.  I'm going to decline the trade offer.

Thanks, all!

Users who are viewing this thread