What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*Official 2017 Super Bowl Champion Philadelphia Eagles* - Parade of Champions Down Broad Street! (5 Viewers)

The Patriots tried a pass play to quarterback Tom Brady earlier in the game, and he failed to reel it in. The botched play also brought to mind Brady’s wife, Gisele Bündchen, who complained after the Patriots lost Super Bowl XLVI that her husband couldn’t throw and catch the ball at the same time
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/05/sports/foles-super-bowl.html?ribbon-ad-idx=3&rref=sports&module=Ribbon&version=context&region=Header&action=click&contentCollection=Sports&pgtype=article

I can’t find it in me to be mad, or annoyed at anyone. I also can’t bring myself to think about Foles’ future or Carson’s knee. I’m literally going to replay all the DVR from yesterday and last night for the next month. It’s going to be 2.4.18 for a LONG time in my house!

JAA said:
Thunderlips said:
The thing is...you think about the people who are fans of this team....people who lost loved ones who loved this team. It's perfect.   It's awesome.  The Old Guard......I love that they got this Super Bowl before they left this world.  I love this win more for the people who have suffered longer than I have.  The media show the younger crowd out there......but hell....those 60-70-80 year olds who have been crushed year in and year out...... who are just sitting home watching......this is theirs. It's all of ours. 
Not trying to hipple here, but this is a huge deal.  I lost my mom 7 some year ago and she was the biggest Eagles fan I ever knew.  Ill never forget the nights when I was a kid listening to the blacked-out games.  I know she is smiling now.
My dad's 71 and sitting here watching and celebrating with him and my brother meant more to me than the actual win. They live in another state and when they left, the 3 of hugged and a few tears were wiped away.

It's going to be a weird feeling going back to hating you guys again in September.

I married an Eagles fan and from '05-'11 we lived near Philly and attended about 10 games with various family and friends during that time. I appreciated them accepting me despite my being a Giants fan. Seems kind of trivial when we were genuinely in love and planning a wedding, but it was actually a big deal. Many of them have said they wouldn't have been able to accept me if I was a cowboys fan and I don't think they were kidding. :lol:  

Anyway, seeing how passionate they were, how many times they were kicked in the teeth, and so disrespected by the national media as classless dirtbag fans, I always said I wanted them to experience this. My wife came with me to the Canyon of Heroes in '08 and watched us all lose our minds when Eli and Coughlin rolled by hoisting the trophy, and she hated every second of it. She wanted to experience it with me though. So maybe I'm like a Jew praising Allah here but screw it, I'm overwhelmed with happiness for all of Philly today and wish I was up there to see everyone delirious and happy and exhausted and in disbelief. Enjoy this moment, there's absolutely nothing like it. 

You've really gotta love that it was against the Pats too. :lol: And the deciding play was that strip of Brady. You could not have written a better script. If you had to wait this long to finally win one, it was as scary and dramatic and perfect as it could be. It's unbelievable. 

Congrats Philly!!!!! ? :thumbup:  

Trying to decide how to do this. Would need to miss a day's pay. Want to take the kids but 2 7 yos in center City with 10mil people and 25°. 

It was a lot easier for the Phillies parade. No kids, had PTO and the weather was nice.
My two cents is you absolutely have to do it. I'm trying to convince my wife to fly up there despite some work stuff she really "can't miss". This is once in a lifetime stuff.

I agree no way Brady the GOAT. 

Brady didn't even go up to Foles after the game. 

No Respect. What a Pu-ssy.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/othersport/914490/Tom-Brady-Nick-Foles-handshake-Super-Bowl-52-sportgalleries 
It's all about him, always. If he loses it's like there's some strange disturbance in the force. Of course he would never acknowledge the unworthy slug who is his inferior in every way. That's so beneath him. These are the moments that reveal character and this is a small gesture that tells you everything you need to know about him. 

It's going to be a weird feeling going back to hating you guys again in September.

I married an Eagles fan and from '05-'11 we lived near Philly and attended about 10 games with various family and friends during that time. I appreciated them accepting me despite my being a Giants fan. Seems kind of trivial when we were genuinely in love and planning a wedding, but it was actually a big deal. Many of them have said they wouldn't have been able to accept me if I was a cowboys fan and I don't think they were kidding. :lol:  
My daughter's boyfriend (my future son-in-law) is a Giants fan.  He wore NYG socks to my Eagles SB party. He initially took a lot of heat and jokes about it but I stepped in and said the socks were allowed.  I appreciate the Giants and their 2 SB victories over the Pats.  I felt it brought some good karma.

Three times as large, at least. Going to be insane!!! Can’t wait! 
Yeah, and that was huge. We were at the Linc when the Phillies rolled in with the trophy. I'm guessing there will be thousands camped out down there from Wednesday morning. Broad Street packed like sardines for miles. Wish I could be up there to witness it.

Trying to decide how to do this. Would need to miss a day's pay. Want to take the kids but 2 7 yos in center City with 10mil people and 25°. 

It was a lot easier for the Phillies parade. No kids, had PTO and the weather was nice.
Yep trying to figure out if I can make it work from VA, maybe head up after work Wed and check out early Friday. 

It's all about him, always. If he loses it's like there's some strange disturbance in the force. Of course he would never acknowledge the unworthy slug who is his inferior in every way. That's so beneath him. These are the moments that reveal character and this is a small gesture that tells you everything you need to know about him. 
I'm surprised there's  not more coverage about this. If it were any other player, or coach for that matter, the media would be talking about how it wasn't classy, good sportsmanship, and a sign of immaturity. Imagine if Cam Newton did this? All of the immaturity and "that's not what a leader does" comments. 

This absolutely shocked me. I thought Brady was a little more classy than that, but he confirms what most of us outside of the very NE part of this country knew already: Brady is all about Brady and when it's not about him he has no interest. 

Last edited by a moderator:
My daughter's boyfriend (my future son-in-law) is a Giants fan.  He wore NYG socks to my Eagles SB party. He initially took a lot of heat and jokes about it but I stepped in and said the socks were allowed.  I appreciate the Giants and their 2 SB victories over the Pats.  I felt it brought some good karma.
I heard a lot of Giants fans were rooting for the Pats not just out of Eagles hate, but so we'd be the only team to have beaten them in a SB. That never crossed my mind. 

A good example of the Philly fan passion -- look at the two games at Los Angeles this year, they were like Eagles home games. We were at opening night here in Atlanta two or three years ago and it was insane how many Eagles fans were in the dome. Same thing last night. You've gotta respect that love. 

I'm surprised there's  not more coverage about this. If it were any other player, or coach for that matter, the media would be talking about how it wasn't classy, good sportsmanship, and a sign of immaturity. Imagine if Cam Newton did this? All of the immaturity and "that's not what a leader does" comments. 

This absolutely shocked me. I thought Brady was a little more classy than that, but he confirms what most of us outside of the NE part of this country knew already: Brady is all about Brady and when it's not about him he has no interest. 
Why did it shock you?  Did he shake Eli's hands after the previous 2 super bowl losses?  I'm pretty sure the answer to that is  :no:      But he definitely sticks around when they win.

Why did it shock you?  Did he shake Eli's hands after the previous 2 super bowl losses?  I'm pretty sure the answer to that is  :no:      But he definitely sticks around when they win.
Don't remember but it sounds familiar. 

Brady seems like a team first kind of guy (takes a lower contract, etc). For him to be such a tool bag... I mean I knew he was self absorbed but I guess I didn't' realize how bad. Imagine what he'd say if the opposing QB stiffed him with the handshake after a super bowl win? Guy's a joke.

Maybe shocked isn't the right word... I guess just mildly surprised.  

Anyway, seeing how passionate they were, how many times they were kicked in the teeth, and so disrespected by the national media as classless dirtbag fans.
I think that is one of the most overblown viewpoints in sports - the booing of Santa Claus, yadda yadda yadda. Every team has their share of ##### fans and respectful fans.

As a born and bred New Yorker - and a passionate Jets fan - I can relate as so many here like to bash the Philadelphia fans. Yet we have more than our share of complete tools, as do the so-called classier Giants fans. 

Anyway, this is about the Eagles fans - so enjoy the special time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hankmoody said:
Great to see.  Philly was my first "favorite team" when I was a kid and getting introduced to the game.  I was 10 when I first saw Wilbert Montgomery gliding all over the place and Harold Carmichael soaring over everyone else to catch passes, and Jaws was just the coolest name ever. 
This.  I'm from Wisconsin, but my second true love was all Philly sports teams.  Had a Wilbert Montgomery jersey in 2nd grade and wore it ALL THE TIME.  My parents were so sick of it.  Fred Barnett and Mike Quick, man, that's who I thought of watching the game.  Randall Cunningham, Reggie White, Clyde Simmons, Jerome Brown!   So many great Eagles who never won a trophy.  Love it!

Great win to all of you who are true Eagles fans!  I'm just a long time bandwagon guy who loved seeing them win!

I think that is one of the most overblown viewpoints in sports - the booing of Santa Claus, yadda yadda yadda. Every team has their share of ##### fans and respectful fans.

As a born and bred New Yorker - and a passionate Jets fan - I can relate as so many here like to bash the Philadelphia fans. Yet have more than our share of complete tools, as do the so-called classier Giants fans. 

Anyway, this is about the Eagles fans - so enjoy the special time.
Yep, so many idiots in every city. The alternative is a place like Nashville where everyone is so nice but it's because they don't give a rat's ### and tickets can always be had for cheap. Snoozefest.

Users who are viewing this thread