What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*Official 2017 Super Bowl Champion Philadelphia Eagles* - Parade of Champions Down Broad Street! (5 Viewers)

Extremely excited for the schedule release.  Planning on hopefully coming to Philly this year for my first ever home game.  Have a buddy who is a Broncos fan who wants to come with me so we are planning on going to the Raiders game (So we can both be cheering for the same team and so we don't fight during the game).  Chances are a lot higher if its in November or December so if anyone hears a leak of when that Raiders game is, please post!  Fingers crossed!
You're in luck dude week 16 Oak

To recap, here’s what we’ve heard about the Eagles schedule so far:

Week 1 - at Washington Redskins

Week 3 - versus New York Giants

Week 12 - versus Chicago Bears 

Week 13 - at Seattle Seahawks

Week 14 - at Los Angeles Rams

Week 15 - at New York Giants

Week 16 - Oakland Raiders Christmas Day MNF according to Crossing Broad

Last edited by a moderator:

Start telling family/relatives now that you need to eat Christmas dinner around lunchtime because that game is going to be awesome if both teams are in the playoff hunt.

Start telling family/relatives now that you need to eat Christmas dinner around lunchtime because that game is going to be awesome if both teams are in the playoff hunt.
My dads side I'm not very close to but his aunt does the Christmas eve 7 fishes and open house for the whole night we go too. My mom with my grandma in a retirement community we are doing Christmas week before at her place where they have an area for small parties and such with a kitchen and family room area to watch TV and Eat plus a room with some tables for games for the younger grand kids. So Christmas for me won't be a problem. Plus when my mom cooks during football season and has us all over she knows not to have dinner during the game unless it's ready by Halftime if not its after the game. 

Reuben Foster technically didn't fail a test since it's considered diluted. 

Many yesterday said his stock was plummeting. I wonder if that's due to this or was that the thought prior to this. Should be interesting to see how far he falls. 

Reuben Foster technically didn't fail a test since it's considered diluted. 

Many yesterday said his stock was plummeting. I wonder if that's due to this or was that the thought prior to this. Should be interesting to see how far he falls. 
The report I got on the NFL mobile news alert said it was Failed test but sample was diluted. It's still considered a failed test if the sample is diluted if we are gonna get technical with it. Just going based on what the report said. 

See and this is where we need some context.  You hear Mayock say his name is rising....how does he know the guy wasn't high on people's boards a while ago?  You normally hear people say the "media plays catch up to where NFL teams already are"...I think this is why.

BTW, The DE's IMO seem a lot better than Mayock is saying too.  You have 6 edge guys with first round grades   I'd even be good with a TJ Watt later on if they could get him.
Good chance Watts ends up in Dallas I think. He's been in 3 times for a visit, it's been rumored. I wouldn't doubt it either, with the drug heads they keep missing on at DE, a player with Watts pedigree would be welcomed.

Week 10 bye for the Eagles 

The 2017 NFL schedule is officially here and we have all the details. Here's how the schedule shapes up for the Philadelphia Eagles.

Week 1 - at Washington Redskins (Sept. 10) 

Week 2 - at Kansas City Chiefs (Sept. 17)

Week 3 - vs. New York Giants (Sept. 24) 

Week 4 - at Los Angeles Chargers (Oct. 1) 

Week 5 - vs. Arizona Cardinals (Oct. 12) 

Week 6 - at Carolina Panthers (Oct. 15) Thursday Night Football

Week 7 - vs. Washington Redskins (Oct. 23) Monday Night Football

Week 8 - vs. San Francisco 49ers(Oct. 29)

Week 9 - vs. Denver Broncos (Nov. 5)

Week 10 - BYE

Week 11 - at Dallas Cowboys (Nov. 19) 

Week 12 - vs. Chicago Bears (Nov. 26) 

Week 13 - at Seattle Seahawks (Dec. 3)

Week 14 - at Los Angeles Rams (Dec. 10)

Week 15 - at New York Giants (Dec. 17)

Week 16 - vs. Oakland Raiders (Dec. 25, 8:30 PM ET, ESPN) Monday Night Football on Christmas

Week 17 - vs. Dallas Cowboys (Dec. 31) 

Primetime games: TBA

Strength of schedule: .531 (tied for 10th most difficult) 

How to buy tickets: [Click here].

Flexible scheduling: NFL flex scheduling can occur as soon as Week 5. It's worth noting that the NFL is only allowed to flex no more than two games between Week 5 and Week 10.

The NFL schedule follows a set pattern each year so we already have an idea of who the Eagles will play in future seasons. Six of the Eagles' sixteen opponents will always be their NFC East rivals: the CowboysGiants, and Redskins. The Eagles will also play the entirety of one of the NFC Divisions. The NFC West is in rotation for 2017, which means the Eagles will play against the 49ersCardinals, Seahawks, and Rams.

Another four games come against an AFC Division. This year, the Eagles will face the AFC West: ChiefsRaidersBroncosChargers. That was one of the better divisions in football last season. Kansas City and Oakland made the playoffs while Denver, coming off their Super Bowl50 win, just missed out on the post-season despite winning nine games. 

The remaining two games come against NFC teams that finish in the same spot in the divisional standings as the Eagles. Since the Eagles finished fourth in their division in 2016, they will play the last place Panthers from the NFC South and the last place Bears from the NFC North. 

If the formulaic schedule doesn't change, this is what the Eagles' future opponents will look like:

2018: NFC South, AFC South, NFC North and West divisional finish, NFC East

2019: NFC North, AFC East, NFC South and West divisional finish, NFC East

2020: NFC West, AFC North, NFC North and South divisional finish, NFC East 

Eagles 2017 Preseason Schedule

[Click here for more info]

Week 1 - Away at Green Bay Packers

Week 2 - Home versus Buffalo Bills

Week 3 - Home versus Miami Dolphins

Week 4 - Away at New York Jets

its a rough schedule overall but at least it looks fair from a rest perspective.

Unless I missed something, the Eagles finally play nobody coming off a bye, and the only game against a team coming off a Thursday is KC in week 2.  Plus we get Dallas off our bye.

Uggggh can't make Xmas day work obviously.  That sucks!

its a rough schedule overall but at least it looks fair from a rest perspective.

Unless I missed something, the Eagles finally play nobody coming off a bye, and the only game against a team coming off a Thursday is KC in week 2.  Plus we get Dallas off our bye.
Plus the Eagle got what they asked for with back to back games on the West Coast if they had to do it. Something tells me they'll just stay in LA for a week. 

Uggggh can't make Xmas day work obviously.  That sucks!
That does suck I wasn't sure if maybe you had family here or not where you could make XMass actually work. My Uncle currently has the season Tickets my grandfather had but given my AUnt's mother and fathers health they maybe in Long Island for Christmas and may not be able to go to the game. So I might ask my cousin if he can't use the tickets I'd take them hell even though we're family I'd be happy to pay at the very least face value for them plus my buddy I go with is Jewish anyway and he literally no lie every year orders Chineese and Goes to the movies. with his family. 

Only thing I really don't like is that late season game at Seattle kicking off a three game road trip.  That specific game has derailed 2 of the last three seasons.  They really need to get over that hump.

The only thing I can take from that schedule is that we have a decent by week.  Who knows how some of the teams will look  

Plus the Eagle got what they asked for with back to back games on the West Coast if they had to do it. Something tells me they'll just stay in LA for a week. 
They wanted both LA games back to back to stay out there. They didn't get what they wanted. 

these weeks/months before the draft are always just a whole lot of nothing. but i do believe this rumour from the recent press conference:

Eliot Shorr-Parks 

@EliotShorrParks

Breaking: Howie says #Eagles will not take a QB in the first round

10:37 AM - 20 Apr 2017
Good thing too because the QBs this year are god awful. Wonder where all the wait till next year when Watson is in the draft crowd went? Is the dude even projected as a round 2 pick anymore? 

The only thing I can take from that schedule is that we have a decent by week.  Who knows how some of the teams will look  

They wanted both LA games back to back to stay out there. They didn't get what they wanted. 
Well they kind of got what they want staying out west With Sea and LA but yeah they did want both LA games back to back. 

Might do the niners or bears game instead. Which would be better? (Or less worse haha).  Coming with a broncos fan buddy and we wanted to not fight at the game so decided to come for Oakland game so we could cheer together. Might be having Xmas dinner at one of your houses if we can pull off leaving our families for it! :P

Might do the niners or bears game instead. Which would be better? (Or less worse haha).  Coming with a broncos fan buddy and we wanted to not fight at the game so decided to come for Oakland game so we could cheer together. Might be having Xmas dinner at one of your houses if we can pull off leaving our families for it! :P
More then welcomed at my Aunts house on Christmas eve. it's basically open house open season buffet style people come and go most of the night. ;-)

Those first 3 games are rough.  We could start 0 and 3.  Probably be 1-2
This first "easy" game I see is week 8 against San Fran.  Chargers might not be so bad but that is a cross country flight and when their healthy Chargers have a pretty talented offense.

I don't know if it's my natural pessimism towards Philly sports or not but I look at that schedule and think the only optimism I see for a win is 3 games.  A bunch of them I can see the Eagles losing.  :no:

I don't know if it's my natural pessimism towards Philly sports or not but I look at that schedule and think the only optimism I see for a win is 3 games.  A bunch of them I can see the Eagles losing.  :no:
I agree.  I just see a bad start and then it could snowball into a lost season fast.  

I agree.  I just see a bad start and then it could snowball into a lost season fast.  
At the same time you don't want your schedule to be full off cupcakes either but for a team that finished 4th in their division last year that is a brutal schedule.

At the same time you don't want your schedule to be full off cupcakes either but for a team that finished 4th in their division last year that is a brutal schedule.
Well the only variables are Chicago and Carolina and when the games are played. NFC and AFC West are tough. As is the NFC East. 

But if they hope to be a good team, they'll have to beat somebody. They buried the Falcons and Steelers last year. So they have it in them.

Well the only variables are Chicago and Carolina and when the games are played. NFC and AFC West are tough. As is the NFC East. 

But if they hope to be a good team, they'll have to beat somebody. They buried the Falcons and Steelers last year. So they have it in them.
Very good point.

My most optimistic prediction is 9-7 with this schedule.  Still need to see how Jeffery/Smith mesh with Wentz (should be very well) and health is always a factor.  If they draft Christian McCaffery though 16-0 baby.

Last edited by a moderator:
My most optimistic prediction is 9-7 with this schedule. 
Most optimistic I'd say 11 wins. 

Split the division 3-3 and I could see wins against

KC

Chargers

Arizona

Carolina

SF

Denver

Chicago

Rams

Its just far to early but if the offense comes together like I believe it will we can surly win those games. 

The more I look at the schedule the more I don't mind it.  Yes we start out tough, but if we can get 1 or 2 wins in those first 3 then that's a good start.  The main thing is that last year we had that unheard of stretch of playing like 4 straight (big) games vs teams on lots of rest (byes, 10 day breaks, etc).  This year we don't have any... and we actually get the big game vs the skins, and the big game vs Dallas, both after our byes and 10 day rests.

So I don't look at this thread for a week and come back and it's still "All Mixon, all the time." JFC guys can we move on? 
It will Thursday unless the Eagles draft him then you might want to stay away from any Eagles board for a good while because not only will it be Eagles fans talking on him there will be rival fans coming to boards to rip us for taking him

The more I read on players and mocks and unless two qb's are selected before the Eagles or someone reaches I don't see 14 players that are worth staying put for and not just trading back if they can and getting an extra pick

I don't see 14 players that are worth staying put for
*Myles Garrett,DE

*Solomon Thomas,DE

*Jamal Adams,SS

Jonathan Allen,DT

*Marshon Lattimore,CB

O.J. Howard,TE

*Malik Hooker,FS

*Derek Barnett,DE

*Leonard Fournette,RB

Reuben Foster,ILB

Corey Davis,WR

*Christian McCaffrey,RB

*John Ross,WR

*Mike Williams,WR

*Gareon Conley,CB

That's 15 right there. Some of theses guys who don't fit our scheme (Allen or Fournette etc) won't be near our pick anyway. Same with the safeties if you think we're good there as well. Due to this I think we can get a really good player at a position of need with our pick. 

*Myles Garrett,DE

*Solomon Thomas,DE

*Jamal Adams,SS

Jonathan Allen,DT

*Marshon Lattimore,CB

O.J. Howard,TE

*Malik Hooker,FS

*Derek Barnett,DE

*Leonard Fournette,RB

Reuben Foster,ILB

Corey Davis,WR

*Christian McCaffrey,RB

*John Ross,WR

*Mike Williams,WR

*Gareon Conley,CB

That's 15 right there. Some of theses guys who don't fit our scheme (Allen or Fournette etc) won't be near our pick anyway. Same with the safeties if you think we're good there as well. Due to this I think we can get a really good player at a position of need with our pick. 
I guess everyone has their opinion I don't like Ross at all anywhere in the first and I don't see whats so special about Howard Conley or Hooker that the Eagles wouldn't be better ff adding a 2nd and getting Humphreys or someone like that.

I guess everyone has their opinion I don't like Ross at all anywhere in the first and I don't see whats so special about Howard Conley or Hooker that the Eagles wouldn't be better ff adding a 2nd and getting Humphreys or someone like that.
You're assuming someone will give us a 2nd to move up 10 or so spots. 

Users who are viewing this thread