What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*Official 2017 Super Bowl Champion Philadelphia Eagles* - Parade of Champions Down Broad Street! (1 Viewer)

When I worked at Sesame Place in 97, John Leclair and his family were eating lunch at a table I was sweeping next to.
Around the same time I was working retail and Ron Hextall came in and bought Dumbo on VHS.  I think Jerry Stackhouse (I never followed basketball closely) came in one day too and bought a crap ton of CDs.

Around the same time I was working retail and Ron Hextall came in and bought Dumbo on VHS.  I think Jerry Stackhouse (I never followed basketball closely) came in one day too and bought a crap ton of CDs.
I sold Bill Clement a TV a couple years later when I worked at Best buy

Can anyone give me any more info then whats on the Facebook page for the team about the spotlight forums. My buddy was interested in possible going. $15 and it's 8am-10am event before the practices that are open start those days one is Sat July 29 the other is Aug 6th. Are these forums similar to the one last year when they practiced at night (I was at this practice). Wondering if it's worth the 15 and getting up even earlier. Special stuff fans get for paying and going to this, etc? I tried to check the website that is offered by the team in the link to the Facebook and it says page isn't found. Any info would be appreciated

When I worked at Sesame Place in 97, John Leclair and his family were eating lunch at a table I was sweeping next to.
Hey I may have seen you there!  Our kids were 2 and 3 in '97 and we had passes there and we ate lunch at a table too. I was the guy with an Eagles hat and 2 screaming kids, remember?

Hey I may have seen you there!  Our kids were 2 and 3 in '97 and we had passes there and we ate lunch at a table too. I was the guy with an Eagles hat and 2 screaming kids, remember?
Yea I remember you just like all the other Jagovs who ate there too and left their sprinkles and food crumbs all over the carpet. Nevermind the Idiocracy of having a carpet in a restaurant that caters primarily to young kids and making a teenager sweep it with a broom amongst the horde.

Can anyone give me any more info then whats on the Facebook page for the team about the spotlight forums. My buddy was interested in possible going. $15 and it's 8am-10am event before the practices that are open start those days one is Sat July 29 the other is Aug 6th. Are these forums similar to the one last year when they practiced at night (I was at this practice). Wondering if it's worth the 15 and getting up even earlier. Special stuff fans get for paying and going to this, etc? I tried to check the website that is offered by the team in the link to the Facebook and it says page isn't found. Any info would be appreciated
Worth the $15, yes. But both have been sold out for a few days now. I had first chance as a season ticket holder and got tickets for August 6th, this year. That's the Kids Day open practice that we usually go to. The 29th is Military Appreciation Day, with less kids-focused activities.

Went last year and for $15 you got drinks and snacks in the Touchdown club, got to hear a panel with Vince Papale and Harold Carmichael, followed by meet-and-greet and autographs with both. Then you could go right out into the stadium for open practice with the option to sit in a reserved section of seats (50-yard line.) Also beat standing outside in line to get in with the masses. 

DeAngelo Williams is a smart dude:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2721239-deangelo-williams-says-cowboys-always-disappear-in-the-playoffs?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=programming-national

Free-agent running back DeAngelo Williams ripped the Dallas Cowboysand their fans Wednesday on the Know Them From Adam podcast with ESPN's Adam Schefter.  

According to Brandon Lee Gowton of Bleeding Green Nation, Williams named the Cowboys as one of the teams he doesn't want to play for and proceeded to point out their playoff shortcomings:

"The Cowboys, they win. They just don't ever show up during the playoffs, though. Like they always disappear in the playoffs. I got a great depiction of the Cowboys fanbase during the regular season last year. They were on cloud nine. You couldn't tell them anything. Anything. Because they were gonna win the [championship], that's all they said. Fans just got extremely super annoying.

And then the minute they lost, they either got cheated, somebody was hurt, the excuses start flowing. It's just amazing to me, that fanbase in general, they can't handle defeat. Still to this day, they say the Dez Bryantcatch against the Green Bay Packers was a catch."

While the Cowboys are five-time Super Bowl champions, they haven't won a title since 1995 season. Dallas hasn't even gotten past the divisional round since then.

The Cowboys went 13-3 in 2016, however, and have a ton of young talent on offense. They likely wouldn't be a logical fit for Williams, though, since their backfield is loaded with Ezekiel Elliott, Darren McFadden and Alfred Morris.

Williams played sparingly last season after starting early in the campaign for the suspended Le'Veon Bell with the Pittsburgh Steelers.

The 34-year-old veteran finished with 343 rushing yards, 118 receiving yards and six total touchdowns.

Williams will be among the NFL's oldest running backs if a team signs him, but he is just two seasons removed from leading the NFL with 11 rushing touchdowns in 2015.

My grandma's claim to fame is Bill Bergey once kissed her on the cheek. My pop-pop's is he got to meet his two idols Tom Brookshire and Tommy McDonald as well as going to both SBs the Eagles have been in before passing. 
One of my favorite Eagle watching moments:

Watching an Eagles home game on TV that Madden and Summerall are announcing at the Vet. Cameraman finds Brookshire sitting on the front row of the upper deck. Madden comments "hey, there's our good friend Tom Brookshire". As he says this, Brookshire, who is leaning forward with his arms on the upper level railing, has his watch somehow come unhooked, and it falls to the lower level below. Madden is incredulous, and excited exclaims "Hey, his watch fell off! Did you see that?!"

Madden Gold.

Worth the $15, yes. But both have been sold out for a few days now. I had first chance as a season ticket holder and got tickets for August 6th, this year. That's the Kids Day open practice that we usually go to. The 29th is Military Appreciation Day, with less kids-focused activities.

Went last year and for $15 you got drinks and snacks in the Touchdown club, got to hear a panel with Vince Papale and Harold Carmichael, followed by meet-and-greet and autographs with both. Then you could go right out into the stadium for open practice with the option to sit in a reserved section of seats (50-yard line.) Also beat standing outside in line to get in with the masses. 
Thanks I figured it was sold out but Military Appreciation day is definitely the day I want plus it's on a Sat. The Aug 6th is a Sun and I get time and a half Sundays so I really can never afford to take Sunday;s off unless I'm on vacation out of town or have something really important to go to. However my buddy I usually go with is the complete opposite. He works retail for Verizon Go and Cell Phone Industry their busiest day is usually Saturday's and he only has one other guy in his store with him. I don't know why him being the manager he can't take a Saturday off. It's almost like he's being a complete ### kisser for people who have screwed him over multiple occasions already including demoting him for poor sales (Not really his fault the store he was at was in a terrible location and barely garnered business plus his sales were higher then anyone who ever was running that store before him in the last 8-10 yrs). Either way thanks for the info. 

DeAngelo Williams is a smart dude:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2721239-deangelo-williams-says-cowboys-always-disappear-in-the-playoffs?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=programming-national

Free-agent running back DeAngelo Williams ripped the Dallas Cowboysand their fans Wednesday on the Know Them From Adam podcast with ESPN's Adam Schefter.  

According to Brandon Lee Gowton of Bleeding Green Nation, Williams named the Cowboys as one of the teams he doesn't want to play for and proceeded to point out their playoff shortcomings:

"The Cowboys, they win. They just don't ever show up during the playoffs, though. Like they always disappear in the playoffs. I got a great depiction of the Cowboys fanbase during the regular season last year. They were on cloud nine. You couldn't tell them anything. Anything. Because they were gonna win the [championship], that's all they said. Fans just got extremely super annoying.

And then the minute they lost, they either got cheated, somebody was hurt, the excuses start flowing. It's just amazing to me, that fanbase in general, they can't handle defeat. Still to this day, they say the Dez Bryantcatch against the Green Bay Packers was a catch."

While the Cowboys are five-time Super Bowl champions, they haven't won a title since 1995 season. Dallas hasn't even gotten past the divisional round since then.

The Cowboys went 13-3 in 2016, however, and have a ton of young talent on offense. They likely wouldn't be a logical fit for Williams, though, since their backfield is loaded with Ezekiel Elliott, Darren McFadden and Alfred Morris.

Williams played sparingly last season after starting early in the campaign for the suspended Le'Veon Bell with the Pittsburgh Steelers.

The 34-year-old veteran finished with 343 rushing yards, 118 receiving yards and six total touchdowns.

Williams will be among the NFL's oldest running backs if a team signs him, but he is just two seasons removed from leading the NFL with 11 rushing touchdowns in 2015.
I think it's safe to say we all agree with him on that. He should've also mentioned the fake Cowboy fans who have never been to Dallas and are from other cities. I had a co worker who was drunk off his ### half the time he came in (Worked night crew so he got away with it longer then he should've) who was a fake and then worked with another guy in the day. One of the reasons I wish I was still in college was a buddy of mine and I loved showing up these fake fans of teams and bandwagon fans of teams especially if the kid was parading around some other team the Year or semester before and we saw them decked out and the current sexy pick to cheer for that year. One of my favorite stories is the one of the Cowboys fan we went up too. We asked him how long he been a fan and as usually we get the whole sob story of my whole life , tells us how many rings they have quote they all do, and says how he loved Deion and Emmitt, Dez etc. Either way our test was to ask them to name us players on the current team or teams during their title yrs who weren't the Big names so no Irving, Aikmen, Walker, Dez, Romo, etc guys. I consider myself an Eagles fan but I'm also a huge history buff in football and know some of the lesser names on the big teams from these title winners. I mean many of these fake fans claim to be the biggest Fan of X team in the world so since myself I'm a huge Eagles fan and could tell you about Todd Stinkston, James Trash, Bobby Hoying (Ok I'll stop there I'm getting depressed just thinking about them) I figured well these guys can then name those types of guys on the Cowboys or whatever team they have right? Well the guy completely goes off on naming guys who we said are off limits and then we ask him about the guy on his Jersey. Dude couldn't remember Jason Witten the jersey he was wearing. Mind you we did this in the court in front of a lot of people so you can only imagine the embarrassment and hackling these guys and girls got from everyone. Some of the responses were pretty savage though.

Either way I loved how Williams ripped into this clown fanbase but the worst of the bunch are the "fans" who have never been too or not even from Dal and just want to be different or a complete tool. Hey if you're from Dal and are here that's a different story same if you are a steelers fan originally from Pitt etc etc and only a fan to just PO people. I might be a Bulls fan and I've yet to be able to go to Chicago do to family expenses and such but my Cousin and I get together a few times a year to watch the Big match ups and I'm constantly updating myself on team news and all and even stuck by them through Vinny Del Negro and Elton Brand and Ben Gordon yrs. Ugh those yrs after MJ retired were brutal and then with the fact the only team who seemed to have a legit chance here in Philly were the Eagles and occasionally the Flyers up till 07 or so really made it worse considering both Flyers and Eagles would come up sort. 

One of my favorite Eagle watching moments:

Watching an Eagles home game on TV that Madden and Summerall are announcing at the Vet. Cameraman finds Brookshire sitting on the front row of the upper deck. Madden comments "hey, there's our good friend Tom Brookshire". As he says this, Brookshire, who is leaning forward with his arms on the upper level railing, has his watch somehow come unhooked, and it falls to the lower level below. Madden is incredulous, and excited exclaims "Hey, his watch fell off! Did you see that?!"

Madden Gold.
My Pop-Pop was probably even at that game. He sat at Franklin Field in the end zone where the Eagles beat Vince Lombardi's Packers and was there for the Bednarick hit on Gifford. After the 1960 title game my Pop-Pop became a season ticket holder ever since. With him gone those tickets are now with my Uncle. Our last training Camp before his health deteriorated to where he couldn't go anymore I got a Picture of then Special Teams coach John Harbaugh and had him signed it. I wonder how much that Pic is worth these days? I was going to the Vet at 3 but was never allowed to the Dal games and haven't been to a Dal game ever. My Cousin was there on the "They Stopped them again!!!" as it was around his birthday that game and he was a bit older. I always tell people we were the 500 level and my cousin and I learned how to curse from the 700 level. My mom would throw soap in our mouths for repeating them back then. Funny thing is now I can routinely drop F Bombs and other things in front of her without fear now. 

... said he loved Jason Babin and apparently Andy told him he hates that guy. Having met a few people who know or worked with Andy and just what I've read in the media about him I find it hard to believe Andy ever said to another coach how much he hates a certain player. You really need to do something terrible for Big Red to hate you.
I dunno, Babin seemed like a massive tool and I could totally picture Red hating someone like that.  I'm sure he talks differently to other coaches about players than he does to the media.

I think Andy realised during that 2012 season that he'd screwed up and allowed a huge culture (Hi Chip!) problem to develop within the D and he had to do some cleanup.  Babin, Washburn & Castillo were all let go during the season because they'd contributed to it in different ways.

This is a bit Eagles related. My Coworker who's Son is one of the Assistant coaches lost a Son over this past week. I don't have any further details other then it was very sudden. Both Her sons including the one who worked for the team had a very very close friend who was killed 2 Wednesday's before near chester. it was in the news and about a block away from where my Co Worker lives and her kids grew up. His GF in the shooting is in ICU with a gun shot to the face. I don't know if the two deaths are related (I really hope not) but please do whatever you believe in and keep the Eagles family in your thoughts on a personal level. Those coaches are like a family to one another and they have a really close relationship with the players now too compared to when Chip was here. This is no where in the news yet (highly doubt it will be considering he's a low level assistant) and all I can tell you is they are dealing with it with the best they can. My Co worker has been a really close friend of mine and this is the second child someone in her department has lost a child young in the last 5 yrs. Her boss lost a daughter around 5 do to an intestinal problem drs told them about and said the girl wouldn't live a long life and the issue could pop up anytime. I don't know if my Co workers son will be attending the first few days of camp this coming Sunday or not. 

Love my Eagles NFL Extra Points card with Barclaycard. Redeemed and confirmed! 

Dinner with Weapon X: Brian Dawkins

15,000 points

Cardmembers will view an intimate Q&A session with former Philadelphia Eagle All-Pro, Brian Dawkins, moderated by Neil Hartman, before enjoying a seated dinner at the upscale restaurant The Study at University City, in Philadelphia, PA on August 9th, 2017. This exciting redemption experience will be held from 6-9PM ET and includes access for a party of four. Cardmembers and their guests will also receive an autographed gift. Redeem today to secure your spot!

Insein said:
Well that sounds terrible DJax. Very sorry for their families.
Thanks I haven't heard anything other then that his Brother was suppose to go to Vegas with his GF last week. I told another co worker who works in my department about it because she lost a child years ago at birth so to an extent she knows what both women have gone through. The obituary is up and the funeral is Saturday. He was a Chief at Nora Lee's Cafe. He was 34. I actually got the kids mixed up though. Her youngest is in College her son who works for the team is my age 28-29 (Can't remember if he's a few months older or younger then me and all the kids graduated from Ridley HS. Given the Funeral is Saturday I think her son will make it to Training camp. Plus its not like his family isn't close by either where if he had to he could get home fast. 

need2know said:
Only 50 more days  :towelwave:
Saw that yesterday at Work. We just opened our own beer garden and have a seating area with two TVs (I'm sure on football season I'm gonna be asked what channel the game is on. I also get to work in there a few days a week so I don't have to check my phone as much plus I can sit in there on lunch and just watch the days news. 

Either way 49 days 

48 days till Opening Kick off, 2 days till Rookies and selected Vets and IR players from last season head to camp and another 6 until the first full TC Practice. To say I'm excited about this season is an understatement. 

Great puff piece.

Is it just me, or does it seem like Wentz is being a bit under-rated going into this year?
Yes I think he has been. I forget who is was on NFL Network who was like Carson was a guy who needed to show him again he could do it. What I don't get is all these people hesitant on Wentz yet singing the Praises of Dax Prescott. Yeah the dude had a good year but really he had one of the fewest Pass attempts per game and entire year out of any starting QB, a top run game and great pieces already around him. I watch Dax in college and he was constantly hyped up as the next Tebow of the Conference (In terms of success as a QB and team wise) and he constantly fell short and choked in the moment. Meanwhile Carson is playing 2nd level College ball and IQ and commanding the huddle and understanding the game is light years ahead of guys in FCS 1 ball and doing things at the LOS scouts were saying they only saw Payton doing at College and came up with in huge moments for his team. I get it Dax is on Dal so he's always gonna be somewhat overrated. However I think it's silly to saw Carson Wentz had an ok year and the 2nd half was absolutely terrible. BGH did a nice little 3 part series on Wentz performance in bits through the year. First games he was hot the middle of the year when he was struggling and end of the year. Overall it was still a great rookie year for a guy who had almost nothing around him with a beat up make shift oline. Put Carson in Dax position and I think he puts up even better numbers then Dax. Dax is a nice QB don't get me wrong but if I was an NFL GM with an unbiased opinion gun to my head who'd I take as my franchise QB I'm taking Wentz every day and twice on Sundays based on how far ahead he is already compared to other QBs 

Yes I think he has been. I forget who is was on NFL Network who was like Carson was a guy who needed to show him again he could do it. What I don't get is all these people hesitant on Wentz yet singing the Praises of Dax Prescott. Yeah the dude had a good year but really he had one of the fewest Pass attempts per game and entire year out of any starting QB, a top run game and great pieces already around him. I watch Dax in college and he was constantly hyped up as the next Tebow of the Conference (In terms of success as a QB and team wise) and he constantly fell short and choked in the moment. Meanwhile Carson is playing 2nd level College ball and IQ and commanding the huddle and understanding the game is light years ahead of guys in FCS 1 ball and doing things at the LOS scouts were saying they only saw Payton doing at College and came up with in huge moments for his team. I get it Dax is on Dal so he's always gonna be somewhat overrated. However I think it's silly to saw Carson Wentz had an ok year and the 2nd half was absolutely terrible. BGH did a nice little 3 part series on Wentz performance in bits through the year. First games he was hot the middle of the year when he was struggling and end of the year. Overall it was still a great rookie year for a guy who had almost nothing around him with a beat up make shift oline. Put Carson in Dax position and I think he puts up even better numbers then Dax. Dax is a nice QB don't get me wrong but if I was an NFL GM with an unbiased opinion gun to my head who'd I take as my franchise QB I'm taking Wentz every day and twice on Sundays based on how far ahead he is already compared to other QBs 
If Carson wentz was on Dallas with that offensive talent he would have had a better year than dak.  

If Carson wentz was on Dallas with that offensive talent he would have had a better year than dak.  
People are going to accuse me of homerism here but I believe Dallas goes 7-9 or 8-8 at best. They caught lightening in a bottle last year and have a tougher schedule and have lost some pieces. And I'm saying this even if knucklehead Elliot isn't suspended. The Birds will be chasing the Giants. Have fun watching all the blue and white cockroaches scurry back under the floorboards this year when Phallus tanks.

Wentz would have been a runaway ROY on that team last year. The talent isn't even close between him and Dak.

Last edited by a moderator:
People are going to accuse me of homerism here but I believe Dallas goes 7-9 or 8-8 at best. They caught lightening in a bottle last year and have a tougher schedule and have lost some pieces. And I'm saying this even if knucklehead Elliot isn't suspended. The Birds will be chasing the Giants. Have fun watching all the blue and white cockroaches scurry back under the floorboards this year when Phallus tanks.

Wentz would have been a runaway ROY on that team last year. The talent isn't even close between him and Dak.
They are gonna lose every game :fro:

DJackson10 said:
 3900/29/4

Was he poorly scouted or properly coached within his system?

Kwai Chang Caine said:

I think they drop off, but dropping off 6 wins would be insane.  They're winning more than 7 games.  I see them dropping off from 13 to 10 wins.  I'll put us at 9.

I think they drop off, but dropping off 6 wins would be insane.  They're winning more than 7 games.  I see them dropping off from 13 to 10 wins.  I'll put us at 9.
Did you see the Panthers dropping from 15-1 in 2015 to 6-10 last year?

I'm not saying @Kwai Chang Caine is right or wrong but something like he suggested happens practically every year.  Actual Dallas fans realize how lucky they were last season.  They would be lucky to be able to repeat half of their luck this coming year.  It just doesn't happen in the NFL

I'm not saying @Kwai Chang Caine is right or wrong but something like he suggested happens practically every year.  Actual Dallas fans realize how lucky they were last season.  They would be lucky to be able to repeat half of their luck this coming year.  It just doesn't happen in the NFL
I'm also just getting PUMPED for the season. I'm really optimistic and I'm only hoping for 9-7 and continued upward momentum. Hell, I just did one of my weekly runs by NovoCare an hour ago LOL. With how awful the Phillies have been and the "process" and the Flyers....

I just can't wait. Maybe once again it all ends badly for us but as harsh as our reputation is, I believe Eagles fans are deeply optimistic at their core. I know I am and I'm least just damn glad to have a potential franchise QB to watch grow up.

Eagles did some housekeeping yesterday before todays first TC Practice with QBs, Rookies, selected vets and players who finished last year on IR. 

Released Dwayne Gratz CB. Failed to impress during OTA's and Mandatory camp this spring. Not a surprise

Bet Allen DT and Sidney Jones were both placed on the Active Non Football Injury list. They count against the roster which is 90 right now but NFL eliminated this past season the mandatory 75 Max cut before the last Pre season game. Preseason rosters will stay at 90 till the deadline after Preseason ends then a mandatory 53 man roster is back. 

What is the NPI well I'll let Bleeding Green explain

"The active/NFI designation means players can return to practice at any time once medically cleared. Players who participate in even one training camp practice are not eligible for NFI once the regular season begins, so the Eagles putting Allen and Jones on this list ensures they can be stored away in September if necessary. Allen and Jones still count against the Eagles’ 90-man roster."

The Eagles replaced Gratz on the roster by officially signing WR/QB Dane Evans who was a tryout player this spring. Reports the Eagles signed him after Mandatory camp but it was not made official until now. None of these moves are really surprising. Evans like McGloin are camp arms at best unless god forbid Wentz and or Foles gets injured. 

Kwai Chang Caine said:

You aren't the only one. Any non Dallas fan and anyone who isn't swinging on their nuts in the media knows that they caught lightening in a bottle and had an easy schedule. I'd argue with Dallas fans for months what Dax was doing wasn't that impressive considering the talent around him and put Wentz on that team he puts up even bigger numbers and runs away with ROTY probably. They lost one of their best OL guys to retirement, they have a tougher schedule and this isn't even including all the guys they have suspended or injured already. I also believe it's us and the Giants. Dax in college wasn't great under the spotlight either. Like I said he was labeled the next Tim Tebow success wise for the conference and failed to live up to it in big moments. People might hate Tebow but you can't deny he came up big when Florida needed him while there. 4th and short QB sneak against UT his freshman year twice, the title games , huge game vs FSU etc. Dax when the spotlight was on failed to show up, giving up costly turnovers and such. When Miss St was undefeated maybe 2 yrs ago they had that big run to start the year, played Bama one of the last games of the year and Dax if you forgot the TOs had a hell of a game but he turned the ball over like 4 times and 2 of them were crucial ones. Dax playing reminds me of a Poor Man Donovan McNabb and last year reminded me of what McNabb would've looked like if he had a supporting cast better one at the beginning of his career. 

3900/29/4

Was he poorly scouted or properly coached within his system?
Are we talking about Wentz or Dax? I think Wentz was properly scouted and we got lucky that the Rams are idiots anymore when it comes to drafting. Dax I think was drafted where he should've been maybe could've went a tad sooner. Dax didn't have the successful resume other guys had and failed to live up to the big moments. That Bama game always comes back to me. Both teams undefeated and the dude made some huge mistakes. I've followed both since their College careers started. Dax because as a Florida/Tebow Fan I wanted to see what made people think this guy was gonna be just as good success wise as him. Time and again he seemed to beat up on weaker comp but when it came to playing the big boys put up good numbers but made costly mistakes when he was needed the most. Carson I was following as I really started to get into the lower level of Football and NDST has had huge success in the College playoffs. I first saw Wentz about 2014 his first start which was against Big 12 foe Iowa State. Watching Wentz I saw how he commanded the huddle and how he was calling plays at the line. It really reminded me of Peyton Manning. I tried to watch as many of their games as I could and just fell in love with what Wentz could do. Wentz to me is my dream QB when it comes to skillsets. Big and strong but athletic and can run. Big football IQ, gets command of the huddle and he was doing things most scouts hadn't seen from someone with so little experience since Peyton manning was at Tennessee. Being a huge Payton fan helped though. He also ran a pro style hybrid offense something many NFL teams are running today. That's huge for a QB IMHO at the college level as once they get to the NFL some of the terminology might be different but the routes and plays are mostly more the same then not. That helps a young QB new to the league. These QBs who come from these college gimmicky offenses like Chip Kelly's at Oregon and all do nothing to help these young QBs at all. Not only was I impressed with his skills but he seemed to have a great head on his shoulder, no issues with teammates, coaches or off the field. 

Either way I think another factor is how some scouts view players. I think the QB classes get very overrated do to the amount of teams needing that franchise QB. Guys get over drafted. I wasn't a fan of Goff as he didn't run a pro style offense and seemed like a totally different QB when the offense went to a huddle and slowed down and not in a good way different. Was impartial to Paxton Lynch but I viewed him as a terrible 2nd place prize if we didn't get Wentz. Christian Hackenburg? I think Dax should've went where this dude went. Talk about overrated. This guy was viewed in local media and by PSU fans as a savior. Many blamed James Franklin and the offense for his issues but Hackenburg for such a strong arm couldn't hit a broad side of a barn to save his life. Dude also seemed like a complete tool who didn't want to be held accountable for his actions and his NFL interviews weren't impressive. Seemed to care more about throwing Frankln and the staff under the bus. Like dude you have more talent then any QB Franklin ever had at Vandy and the fact you couldn't even come close to the production James got out of any of those guys is sad. Thats on you not him and Vandy face a lot better overall competition on most weeks. Jacoby Brisset was the QB at Florida for a bit transferred to NC State. Lets just say he was never that impressive. Seemed more of another running QB with a nice arm and no accuracy. Good kid though but Dax should've went over him too. Cody Kessler? Houston QB and I'm not fans of the air raid. However I did and still like the kid. I think with the right coaching can be a solid QB. Better then Dax? We'll see. Connor Cook? Boy this is the guy I loved outside of Wentz. This guy oozed leadership at MSU and you know he was coached up well. I think he needed to sit a year like Wentz but on the right team I think he could make a pro bowl eventually. This was the guy if we didn't get Wentz I wanted us to get. I absolutely loved this guys fire playing at MSU and was always smart with the ball. I'm shocked the Raiders took him though. So I guess we could really say IMHO Dax should've been the 3rd QB off the board. Probably taken where Hackenburg went by the Jets. Wouldn't have used a first on him though. I thought maybe Cook could've went 1st but again most of the guys in this drafted needed a year to sit. exceptions here were Dax and Carson as one went to a team filled with great coaches who got him ready just in time for the season and got an offer for a very mediocre QB they'd be fools to pass up on and Dax was in a squad with a QB who is always hurt and had great supporting cast and an a very good RB.  

I actually saw it. Look at Cam Newton's stats in the same number of weeks compared to Colin Kapernick right before he got benched that year. Cam was playing like **** but he had an amazing defense and then Cam had a great second half. Carolina's Def and Run game got them a whole bunch of wins that first half of the year. I have to find the table that compared CK and Newton's stats split those first 8 or so games. The only difference one was getting support and the other wasn't was team record. I would say if you switched their records Kap would be getting praised for having a "Great year" and Cam would be the one people wanted to bench. That's how close they were and how poor Cam played. They also lost a few key guys as well on that team and had a feild day in such a weak division. TB was just rebuilding and getting back, they had NO and the Falcons were just poor and about to fire their coaching staff. 

This totally encapsulates Philly and the fan's passion for the team: Media (~80) outnumbered players (~35) by more than double, for the opening of training camp.

NE, Dallas, GB, etc., don't even see things like that.  

I'm also just getting PUMPED for the season. I'm really optimistic and I'm only hoping for 9-7 and continued upward momentum. Hell, I just did one of my weekly runs by NovoCare an hour ago LOL. With how awful the Phillies have been and the "process" and the Flyers....

I just can't wait. Maybe once again it all ends badly for us but as harsh as our reputation is, I believe Eagles fans are deeply optimistic at their core. I know I am and I'm least just damn glad to have a potential franchise QB to watch grow up.
I agree I won't go into the 76ers as several posters here I've debated this in the NBA threads already, The Flyers are in that area of kind of rebuilding but trying to stay competitive at the same time. However they have several exciting prospects who should be coming up this year at the start of the season or by seasons end. The Phillies are in a patient rebuild. They've had bad luck on several FA signings Brantley not working out and then Injuries to Kendrick, Morton Last year and Bucholtz trade this year with injuries. This next offseason should get good and I really like the Yelich/Stanton reports. 2 of the few guys on opposing NL East teams I love and if you've seen Yelich numbers against the Phillies at the Bank one could only imagine the damage he could do on the team playing half his games there. Stanton when it comes to talent is on a level of his own. The only guy today who comes close to raw power is Yankees Aaron Judge. I'm also ecstatic on possible signing of Bryce Harper. I use to hate the dude. Coming up I thought he was a total tool and really immature but he's really matured since then. He's the type of player Philly fans love when he's on their teams and hates when we play against him. 

I agree I won't go into the 76ers as several posters here I've debated this in the NBA threads already, The Flyers are in that area of kind of rebuilding but trying to stay competitive at the same time. However they have several exciting prospects who should be coming up this year at the start of the season or by seasons end. The Phillies are in a patient rebuild. They've had bad luck on several FA signings Brantley not working out and then Injuries to Kendrick, Morton Last year and Bucholtz trade this year with injuries. This next offseason should get good and I really like the Yelich/Stanton reports. 2 of the few guys on opposing NL East teams I love and if you've seen Yelich numbers against the Phillies at the Bank one could only imagine the damage he could do on the team playing half his games there. Stanton when it comes to talent is on a level of his own. The only guy today who comes close to raw power is Yankees Aaron Judge. I'm also ecstatic on possible signing of Bryce Harper. I use to hate the dude. Coming up I thought he was a total tool and really immature but he's really matured since then. He's the type of player Philly fans love when he's on their teams and hates when we play against him. 
Harper won't be coming to phili to play

Users who are viewing this thread