What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official MSNBC Thread*** (2 Viewers)

Joy Reid has taken over Chris Matthews' Hardball time slot (at least for today) with a new show entitled NBC News: Decision 2020.

:pickle:

Joy Reid has taken over Chris Matthews' Hardball time slot (at least for today) with a new show entitled NBC News: Decision 2020.

:pickle:
She has been doing weekend work for a while.  Would be surprised if she got the slot.  She was lucky to survive her controversy last year.

She has been doing weekend work for a while.  Would be surprised if she got the slot.  She was lucky to survive her controversy last year.
She is filling in right now. If the ratings are good they can replace her on the weekend (where ratings wise she has done better than anyone before her).

She is filling in right now. If the ratings are good they can replace her on the weekend (where ratings wise she has done better than anyone before her).
I just mean it would be an unusual jump.  Thought they were trying to lay low with her.  Get some distance from last year.  Guess not.

Maybe I shouldn't but I assume she is a Bernie supporter.  This is why people don't want Bernie in the race.  She even doubled down on her opinion that Bloomberg should give the million dollars.   

Just to make sure people understand, if Bloomberg actually did give people a million dollars, he would be in debt for at the worst estimate about 200 billion.    Pretty sure that isn't going to work.     Here is my new general rule on politicians.  If you don't know the freaking difference between a billion and a trillion then get out of the race.  I understand that a dumber voting base is a better voting base but seriously even the dumbest ####s have a calculator

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe I shouldn't but I assume she is a Bernie supporter.  This is why people don't want Bernie in the race.  She even doubled down on her opinion that Bloomberg should give the million dollars.   

Just to make sure people understand, if Bloomberg actually did give people a million dollars, he would be in debt for at the worst estimate about 200 billion.    Pretty sure that isn't going to work.     Here is my new general rule on politicians.  If you don't know the freaking difference between a billion and a trillion then get out of the race.  I understand that a dumber voting base is a better voting base but seriously even the dumbest ####s have a calculator
I mentioned in the other thread that she’s a member of the NYT Editorial Board (which endorsed Warren and Klobuchar and faulted Bernie’s economic plan as being in sufficiently detailed).  

:confused:  Nobody in that clip is running for office or even representing someone who's running for office. 

I mentioned in the other thread that she’s a member of the NYT Editorial Board (which endorsed Warren and Klobuchar and faulted Bernie’s economic plan as being in sufficiently detailed).  
I saw a good tweet last night, these are the people that want to shove climate change legislation down your throat and this is their level of mental acuity.  

Its a hell of a thing when your network opens and closes its evening with liars, and throw in Joy being a homophobe to boot
Brian Williams wasn't lying, his math skills just leaves something to be desired.

And Joy apologized for the anti-gay tweets she did many years back. Jonathan Capehart of the WaPo is gay and has been a regular guest on her weekend show along with subbing for her on occasion - vouches for her and says he has seen no indication from his interactions with her that she is a homophobe (and wouldn't appear on her show if he thought that was the case).

:confused:  Nobody in that clip is running for office or even representing someone who's running for office. 
Well the first part is true.  Although it is clear that she is representing the "Bloomberg shouldn't win because he was rich and using his money" group.  

Brian Williams wasn't lying, his math skills just leaves something to be desired.

And Joy apologized for the anti-gay tweets she did many years back. Jonathan Capehart of the WaPo is gay and has been a regular guest on her weekend show along with subbing for her on occasion - vouches for her and says he has seen no indication from his interactions with her that she is a homophobe (and wouldn't appear on her show if he thought that was the case).
Umm, we are forgetting him losing his job for the helicopter thing?  

Did Joy ever face any issues for filing a false report with the FBI?

Umm, we are forgetting him losing his job for the helicopter thing?  

Did Joy ever face any issues for filing a false report with the FBI?
I think that was misremembering, which psychologists say is quite common for people in stressful situations, Hillary had a similar situation and I have known people in my life that have done that.

It was not proven that Joy filed a false report (in fact I am not sure she even filed one). In any event, nothing more has been heard about it and she suffered no consequences from MSNBC that I am aware of.

Who would bother hacking Joy f’n Reid?

I don’t understand msnbc’s fascination with her. 
Of all the MSNBC hosts she is probably the best interviewer and commentator, which is why she has survived. Not to mention she has been a star of their weekend lineup and turned what had been a consistent morning time slot loser into a ratings winner (better numbers than CNN or Fox).

She’s the one that looked at Sanders like he was ###### when he gave a nuanced answer on racism/demagoguery.  Also made this weird tweet where she observed that Sanders protesters who called Bloomberg a racist and an oligarch were white.  Do a search on her timeline for ‘white,’ she traffics in white guilt-tripping a lot.  Seems like the typical arrogant NYT oped writer.  

Of all the MSNBC hosts she is probably the best interviewer and commentator, which is why she has survived. Not to mention she has been a star of their weekend lineup and turned what had been a consistent morning time slot loser into a ratings winner (better numbers than CNN or Fox).
Re: williams, let’s be very charitable and take your slightly outlandish parroted premise of a defense and allow him that, does last night’s utter ineptitude coupled with apparent flaws memory give you any pause about his cognitive capabilities?

Regarding Reid, her attorney stated otherwise 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/variety.com/2018/tv/news/joy-reid-attorney-fbi-investigation-hacking-1202788220/amp/

At msnbc it’s not lying if you blame your memory I guess.  Tell me how far that gets you in court.  These are multi million dollar jobs which should in theory be a privilege  

im uninterested in joy’s public position, character is what you do when you think no one is watching, no one read her pissant blog so she could spew what is probably closer to her true feelings and then she blamed Russian for it

Media 2020.... keep falling upward 

Re: williams, let’s be very charitable and take your slightly outlandish parroted premise of a defense and allow him that, does last night’s utter ineptitude coupled with apparent flaws memory give you any pause about his cognitive capabilities?
Could someone translate that to English for me? TIA.

Interesting that you think Trump just misremembers things. Notebook updated. 
Lies or misremembers and in some cases it is hard to distinguish the two. For instance where he confused his father and grandfather, claiming Fred was born in Germany, but that was his grandfather (I posted this with a link in some other thread). I don't see any reason that he would lie about that, unlike his catalog of daily documented falsehoods. 

Interesting that you think Brian Williams just misremembered whether his helicopter got fired on in Iraq (as opposed to him lying about it).   Notebook updated.
Yep, just like Hillary once. Psychologists say something or other about it. All upthread, squistion taught us about it.

https://pagesix.com/2020/03/03/msnbc-brass-considering-shepard-smith-steve-kornacki-or-joy-reid-for-hardball/

MSNBC brass considering Shepard Smith, Steve Kornacki or Joy Reid for ‘Hardball’

News veterans Shepard Smith, Steve Kornacki and Joy Reid are all on the shortlist to take over Chris Matthews’ abruptly vacated seat on MSNBC’s “Hardball,” sources told The Post.

The legendary political journalist surprised viewers Monday when he abruptly announced his retirement in the wake of accusations that he acted inappropriately toward a female guest, leaving Kornacki, a national political correspondent, to fill in.

In addition to Kornacki, who is known for giving analysis of polls and election results, network brass are thinking of giving “Hardball” to Reid, who hosts MSNBC’s popular weekend show “AM Joy.”

Reid frequently substitutes for other MSNBC hosts, including Chris Hayes and Rachel Maddow.

Meanwhile, Smith, who quit his Fox News show “Shepard Smith Reporting” in October, is preparing for a return to TV in the summer and is also being considered, sources said.

The “Hardball” 7 p.m. slot is a tricky one to fill, according to a senior news TV source.

[...]

I think that was misremembering, which psychologists say is quite common for people in stressful situations, Hillary had a similar situation and I have known people in my life that have done that.

It was not proven that Joy filed a false report (in fact I am not sure she even filed one). In any event, nothing more has been heard about it and she suffered no consequences from MSNBC that I am aware of.
That's telling.

Users who are viewing this thread