What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Keto II (1 Viewer)

Here are my recipes that I've either invented, tested from other recipes out there, or tested and adjusted to make them better.  More or less these are original, tested multiple times and (to me) perfected.

@Nugget a few guys mentioned they would like to try to compile recipes on page 1.  I'll put them in spoilers.  Maybe instead of copy and pasting them, just link to this post so I can update it.

Warning - I use a lot of "eyeballing" with measurements since I know my way around the kitchen and can usually measure by eye, or adjust based on what I'm cooking looks like.

TSP = teaspoon, TBS = tablespoon

Gonna have to reformat this post.  All my spoilers are nested and I can't unnest them. Neat board.

BENDER'S KETO SAUSAGE AND BEEF CHILI (and every other ####### recipe I've posted)

- 1 lb Ground Beef (85/15)
- 1 lb hot italian sausage (out of casing)
- 2 tbs olive oil
- half a medium onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- half a small can of diced green chilis
- 1.5 cups of low carb Marinara Sauce (just use Raos)
- 1/2 cup of Beef Broth (I use bone brother) to deglaze
- 2.5 tbs chili powder
- 1.5 tbs cumin
- 1.5 tsp oregano (dried)

Garnishes:
Avocado
Sour Cream
Shredded Sharp Cheddar

1. Throw the meat, onions, garlic and peppers into a pan and cook until all meat is browned (if you want to take your time and brown the meat in small batches to give it more flavor, that's fine, but this is a weeknight, 30 minute recipe)
2. drain the meat/veg mix and return to pan
3. add green chilis, spices and mix well, then add the Worcestershire
4. add the tomato sauce and bring to a light boil
5. drop the heat to low and cover - simmer for anywhere from 5 to 60 mins

I topped with all 3 suggested garnishes.

It makes roughly 6 servings - and each serving is roughly 7.5-8 net carbs (I don't measure, as I mentioned above, but eyeball most items)

Thai Asian Lettuce Wraps

Reveal hidden contents
- 1 lb. of ground chicken
- 2 tsp of sesame oil
- 2-3 TBS of Soy Sauce or Coconut Aminos
- 1 TBS of Sambalt or Chili Garlic Paste (asian section of grocery store)
- 1 tsp of Fish Sauce
- 1 tsp of Rice Vinegar
- 1/2 tsp of garlic powder
- about half a package of white mushrooms - cut into small pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1-2 tsp of grated ginger
- optional - Slivered almonds to top
- optional - Siracha to top
- 1 head of bibb lettuce (romaine works too but Bibb lettuce wraps easiest)

1. put sesame oil in frying pan and heat, add bell pepper and ground chicken - break apart chicken until browned through
2. drain the extra liquid and return to pan
3. add onion, mushrooms, ginger - saute for a few mins
4. add all the liquids, garlic powder, and chili garlic paste and saute for a few mins
5. scoop into bibb lettuce wraps and top with slivered almonds and siracha
Keto Italian Meatballs

- 1.5 lbs of ground beef or preferable meatloaf mix (ground pork, veal and beef)
- 2 TBS fresh flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup of grated parm
- 1/2 cup of almond flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- 1 tsp dried onion flakes
- 1/4 tsp of dried oregano
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup of warm water - you have to eyeball it, start with 1/4 cup, if it looks good, leave it, if it's too dry, add the other 1/4 cup

1. combine all and mix well in large bowl
2. fry in olive oil for 5-10 mins until crispy for better texture (you can skip this step)
3. transfer to a baking sheet and bake at 350 for 15 mins if you fried them, 20 mins if you didn't
OPTIONAL step - after putting in baking sheet, top each meatball w a 1bs of low sugar marinara sauce and sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top - this is the preferred method and really not optional in my opinion but it's fine without it as well
Asian Beef Chow Mein

Ingredients:
Half head of cabbage - sliced VERY thin (as close to matchstick consistency as possible)
One red bell pepper - sliced very thin into matchsticks
4-5 tbs Coconut oil - you could do butter instead, but I've tested butter, coconut oil and olive oil and coconut oil is the winner - it adds a sweetness (yet has zero carbs) that I really enjoy
2 tbs - White Wine Vinegar (I tried rice wine vinegar but preferred this)
1 tbs - Sesame Oil (you can add more but I personally dont like very pronounced sesame oil flavor)
3 tbs - soy sauce
1 tbs - grated ginger
1 tbs - Sambal paste or Chili garlic sauce (you can find this in every grocer now)
2 cloves garlic - minced
3 scallions - chopped fine
1.5 lbs - lean ground beef
OPTIONAL - I've never tried this, but I think some thin sliced mushrooms could be added to this as well, or water chestnuts, or celery to make it more chow mein style

Direction

Slice the cabbage and pepper really thin, melt half of the coconut oil (it usually comes coagulate in a jar).  Saute the cabbage and red bell pepper for about 15 minutes (be sure to salt the cabbage in the beginning).  Use tongs to really soften it up, you want it to be "noodles" basically.  Do NOT brown it, but you want it to get extremely soggy/soft - it's just better this way.  When its about at its maximum softness add the White Wine Vinegar, salt and pepper, the sesame oil, and 1 tbs of the soy sauce.  Saute another minute.

Remove from pan.

Add the rest of the coconut oil to the pain, the garlic, green onion, and the ginger and cook for no more than about 90 seconds, then add your beef, break it up until completely browned.  DRAIN it - it's way too fatty if you dont drain it.  I dont use a strainer either, a plate with 4 layers of paper towels is better so you dont lose your onion and garlic. Put the beef back in the pan and add the rest of the Soy Sauce, Sambal Paste and ground pepper.  Stir quickly and add back the cabbage.  

Toss it all together and serve - I top with Siracha if you like it spicy.  I also think, topping with slivered almonds might be pretty damn good but the cabbage stays crunchy enough so you dont need it. 

My wife who is not Keto but loves chinese food loves this.  It's basically a 100x better version of a chow mein dish.  I think adding mushrooms and celery would definitely be cool but I love cabbage and dont want to overdue it on the veg.

This is what it looks like (sorry it's in Tupperware) https://i.imgur.com/6B9MoVR.jpg
Keto Pizza Bites (these are super addictive)

Low moisture part skim mozzarella cheese (sliced or shredded, doesn't really matter)

Tomato sauce

Pepperoni or other pizza toppings of choice

Preheat oven to 350°F and take out a nonstick muffin tray or two.

Place about 0.4 ounces of cheese (about 1/2 T) on the bottom of each muffin hole. Top with 1/2 T of tomato sauce and place 2 pepperonis in each "muffin." Top with another 0.4 ounces of cheese or 1/2 T of cheese.

Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the bottoms are slightly crisped. Let rest for 5 minutes and enjoy!

adding more tonight as I go through my recipe book

Keto Indian Butter Chicken over Cauliflower Rice

This one was a big winner.  It's almost exactly the same as a recipe I found online with very minor adjustments, so no credit to me for this one.
It's also super quick and simple to make

-3 boneless skinless chicken breasts (could use thighs instead)
-1 package "steam in a bag" Cauliflower Rice
-1 cup heavy cream
-2 TBS butter
-1.5 TBS tomato paste
-2 cloves garlic, diced
-1/4 of a medium onion, diced
-1.5 tsp turmeric
-1 tsp ground ginger
-1 tsp salt
-3/4 tsp chili powder
-1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon

1. mix the spices together
2. cube up the chicken and toss it in with the spices, rubbing each piece and let sit for 1-20 minutes
3. skillet to medium and melt the butter, add onions and garlic and cook until translucent
4. increase pan heat to med. high and add the chicken
5. cook until almost totally cooked through
6. add cream and tomato paste and stir around until the paste is complete absorbed into the cream
7. heat to med. low, and cover, cook 7 mins
8. remove lid and cook another 2 mins to thicken sauce
9. serve over cauliflower rice.

Can add chopped cilantro to garnish.  

This is VERY good, VERY easy and VERY satisfying.  
Makes 4 servings, 6 grams of net carbs per serving.

I really encourage anyone who likes indian food to give this a try.  It's the best thing I've had on this diet (I love indian cuisine)

Reveal hidden contents
:blackdot: let's try this again

Summer beach body strategy - Keto and a modified alternate day fasting schedule.  

Broke my 36 hour fast with some coffee/cream, now lunch is 4 cups of brocolli and chicken thighs in wing sauce.  Next 36 hour fast starts at 8PM.

Need to get back on this.  Set a personal all time high weight, and just can't lose doing anything else.  Stocking up shopping trip coming this weekend.  

Eggs, broccoli, salsa skillet for dinner with a side of cottage cheese. 

Black coffee, water, and a little apple cider vinegar until Saturday at noon. 

Walking 45-90 minutes a day. 

After dedicating a lot of resources, decided it isn't for me. Just saw The Game Changers on Netflix too, after doing a search for "Arnold Schwarzenegger," and this thread entered my mind among my first couple reaction thoughts. Honestly, if I'd only seen the movie - and nothing else - I'd not have been affected by it. But, just to be blunt about it, I been seeing a direct correlation between morning wood and eating plant-based the day before. The timing of everything hit me almost perfectly and kind of produced an "epiphany" day for me right now. Looking forward to experimenting further and figuring more out.
Can you expand here?  Are you saying eating plant based diets leads to more tent poles in the pants?

Can you expand here?  Are you saying eating plant based diets leads to more tent poles in the pants?
Oh, you'll expand alright. Queue it up on Netflix and find that segment. It's been a minute.. That chunk of the movie will explain better than I can right now 🤜🤛

However, remember, it's just one tool in the tool belt, so to speak. Find the best techniques that work for your body & everyone's are different individually.

Just started keto bc the wife got into it. I usually try to do the same diet so its easier for groceries and to help motivate her.

I am skinny and workout everyday. My goal on Keto is to lose stomach fat & gain muscle but my problem is im losing weight on this diet. 

I use the Carb Manager app and set my macros to (keto) 5:25:70

35 carbs/173 protein/215 fat

I want to put on muscle but shed the stomach fat, i can go days with under 5g carbs no problem but my protein sky rockets and ive read too much protein can take you out of ketosis,

on the app is a high protein keto option 5/35/60, has anyone tried this macro setting?

What kind of workouts?

@culdeus is your guy to help figure out how to do Keto and put on muscle at same time. 

The one anecdotal thing I will say is that I know that when I do Keto I'm over my protein number (in total and ratio) and it never seems to slow down my progress.  Although, I've never done this with adding muscle as a primary goal.

Last edited by a moderator:
home basement workouts

ill do cycling for 30 mins 2-3x a week

then a good hour everyday with weights and 100 pushups +   situps + 200 knee raises daily

i do a 4 day rotate: shoulders - arms triceps - chest back - legs

i dont usually take a rest day unless hungover

home basement workouts

ill do cycling for 30 mins 2-3x a week

then a good hour everyday with weights and 100 pushups +   situps + 200 knee raises daily

i do a 4 day rotate: shoulders - arms triceps - chest back - legs

i dont usually take a rest day unless hungover
if you are doing that and still looking to get more defined abs/muscle then Keto may work well - just stick with it.  I always lose a decent amount of fat.  If you are worried about too much protein then throw a couple of huge salads in without meat to replace a couple of meals.

if you are doing that and still looking to get more defined abs/muscle then Keto may work well - just stick with it.  I always lose a decent amount of fat.  If you are worried about too much protein then throw a couple of huge salads in without meat to replace a couple of meals.
sounds good. we are a few weeks in and already seeing good results. I bought some urine test strips so we know when we are in the 'zone'

not sure if you drink coffee - but i bought some mct powder and 0 carb sweeteners, throw that in there and use a FROTHER. Its a  complete game changer

What kind of workouts?

@culdeus is your guy to help figure out how to do Keto and put on muscle at same time. 

The one anecdotal thing I will say is that I know that when I do Keto I'm over my protein number (in total and ratio) and it never seems to slow down my progress.  Although, I've never done this with adding muscle as a primary goal.

Yeah, gaining muscle is really difficult without carbs to fuel workouts, and it's hard to stay in keto if you eat 100s of grams of protein.  

It's about picking your battles/goals.  I think you can stand with one foot in the pool and try to incorporate an IF protocol or carb cycling and meet all the goals.  The other option, and the one that seems a nightmare is to try and spread protein out far apart time wise so that doesn't kick you out.  

Then again I'm not a lifestyler, my main time using these techniques are in 3-4 week bursts, not long hauling.  

Keto was awesome... I could stay on it relatively well and lost a lot of weight.... up until I started getting kidney stones and gout. My stones were oxalate/calcium and if you look at the no-no list of foods for the stones it basically read as my diet. Gout too. 

Now back to the drawing board. 

Keto was awesome... I could stay on it relatively well and lost a lot of weight.... up until I started getting kidney stones and gout. My stones were oxalate/calcium and if you look at the no-no list of foods for the stones it basically read as my diet. Gout too. 

Now back to the drawing board. 
Yep, those are two problems expected to uptick with high animal protein/fat diets. Long term I bet we’ll see more breast and GI cancers, too. Everybody gets caught up in cardiovascular risk and weight loss, but there are many other considerations in a truly healthy diet.

The data supports plant-based diets, which typically include high percentages of carbohydrates, as the best strategy for achieving a healthy weight, disease prevention and longevity.

Yep, those are two problems expected to uptick with high animal protein/fat diets. Long term I bet we’ll see more breast and GI cancers, too. Everybody gets caught up in cardiovascular risk and weight loss, but there are many other considerations in a truly healthy diet.

The data supports plant-based diets, which typically include high percentages of carbohydrates, as the best strategy for achieving a healthy weight, disease prevention and longevity.
Yea.... but then all you are eating are plants. Which is not very much fun. 

That being said though there is no way a 'vegetarian' diet is on the menu, we have added more plant based meat to substitute more versus normal meat. But there is never going to be a replacement for a good rib dinner or steak or even some roasted chicken etc.... but you can throw in an Impossible Burger here and there to take the place of a real burger. 

That being said though there is no way a 'vegetarian' diet is on the menu, we have added more plant based meat to substitute more versus normal meat. But there is never going to be a replacement for a good rib dinner or steak or even some roasted chicken etc.... but you can throw in an Impossible Burger here and there to take the place of a real burger. 
Pure sodium bombs. Thought an Impossible/Beyond burger would be a healthy choice. Had one for lunch (lettuce wrap) 2 days in a row. Blood pressure spiked bad. Nurse then told me about the sodium.  No thanks 

Au contraire, monsieur Stroma. You just need to open your mind to the idea. 

I grew up eating a meat-and-potatoes, typical American diet. Probably ate beef 2-3x/week. Loved steak, meatball sandwiches, hamburgers,  lasagna, etc. While a young adult I transitioned to mostly lean chicken, turkey and tuna, as I became a gym rat. 

About 15 years ago, for a number of reasons, I decided to forego the meat, except for occasional fish. The transition was remarkably easy, not nearly as big a deal as the average carnivore makes it out to be. Not surprisingly, the human palate is quite flexible, and gaining an appreciation for plants is much easier than “acquired” tastes like coffee, beer/adult beverages, and spicy foods, for example. You just have to be flexible and give it a chance, as there are far more fruits and veggies than varieties of meat.

Although I occasionally indulge in faux meats, most aren’t particularly nutritious, and shouldn’t be a big part of anyone’s diet. While plant-based diets might not sound exciting, I assure you they’re a lot more fun than obesity and diseases like gout and kidney stones.

Pure sodium bombs. Thought an Impossible/Beyond burger would be a healthy choice. Had one for lunch (lettuce wrap) 2 days in a row. Blood pressure spiked bad. Nurse then told me about the sodium.  No thanks 
Yeah, they need to fix this somehow.  It's unsustainable.  

Terminalxylem said:
Au contraire, monsieur Stroma. You just need to open your mind to the idea. 

I grew up eating a meat-and-potatoes, typical American diet. Probably ate beef 2-3x/week. Loved steak, meatball sandwiches, hamburgers,  lasagna, etc. While a young adult I transitioned to mostly lean chicken, turkey and tuna, as I became a gym rat. 

About 15 years ago, for a number of reasons, I decided to forego the meat, except for occasional fish. The transition was remarkably easy, not nearly as big a deal as the average carnivore makes it out to be. Not surprisingly, the human palate is quite flexible, and gaining an appreciation for plants is much easier than “acquired” tastes like coffee, beer/adult beverages, and spicy foods, for example. You just have to be flexible and give it a chance, as there are far more fruits and veggies than varieties of meat.

Although I occasionally indulge in faux meats, most aren’t particularly nutritious, and shouldn’t be a big part of anyone’s diet. While plant-based diets might not sound exciting, I assure you they’re a lot more fun than obesity and diseases like gout and kidney stones.
I hate coffee, beer and tea. Also hate fish. I wished I did. Tried. I like veggies but can't imagine being without meat. I am heading towards limiting meat but can't imagine ever doing away with it all. 

Judge Smails said:
Yea... I know. Which is why I don't go crazy on it either. 

Pretty much everything causes something bad to happen unless you just drink water.... and even then what water are you drinking?

I hate coffee, beer and tea. Also hate fish. I wished I did. Tried. I like veggies but can't imagine being without meat. I am heading towards limiting meat but can't imagine ever doing away with it all. 
Not trying to give you a hard time, but has your taste for anything changed over time? You aren't subsisting on baby food and mother's milk, right? Regardless, don't let perfect be the enemy of the good - start with meatless Monday, try bland "chicken fish" like barramundi, monchong and opakapaka, make meat a side dish instead of the main course, etc. Quitting doesn't have to be cold turkey.

Yea... I know. Which is why I don't go crazy on it either. 

Pretty much everything causes something bad to happen unless you just drink water.... and even then what water are you drinking?
This isn't true either. Although a few veggies can increase oxalate, as a general rule, plant-based diets are considered uniformly healthy. Heck, you don't avoid water because of Flint, MI, or sanitation standards in the developing world?

I know this will invite a "moderation in all things" menu, but that isn't the answer either. Slowly reprogram your mind and tastebuds to crave foods we know are healthy. It might not happen overnight, but your current eating habits didn't develop quickly either. You can do it!

Not trying to give you a hard time, but has your taste for anything changed over time? You aren't subsisting on baby food and mother's milk, right? Regardless, don't let perfect be the enemy of the good - start with meatless Monday, try bland "chicken fish" like barramundi, monchong and opakapaka, make meat a side dish instead of the main course, etc. Quitting doesn't have to be cold turkey.

This isn't true either. Although a few veggies can increase oxalate, as a general rule, plant-based diets are considered uniformly healthy. Heck, you don't avoid water because of Flint, MI, or sanitation standards in the developing world?

I know this will invite a "moderation in all things" menu, but that isn't the answer either. Slowly reprogram your mind and tastebuds to crave foods we know are healthy. It might not happen overnight, but your current eating habits didn't develop quickly either. You can do it!
Yes, some taste has changed... I use to be able to eat Tuna and shrimp/lobster.... now that is too fishy for me. 

And that is another point, the veggies I do enjoy tend to mostly be those that are high in oxalate and that I need to limit or moderate. 

More veggies... sure. On it. All veggies... nope, not going to happen. 

Bumping for the end of summer.  Watersports will soon be ending, and I need to find friendly foods for football season.  I'd like to stay away from my winter weight this year.

Swapping out my half and half in the coffee for Coconut Silk.  4g fat, 1g carb per 8 ounces.  I'd guess i drink 4 ounces per day so 20 calories in my coffee.  Tastes like mild coconut, has the benefit of making my lips feel softer.

Experimenting with Buffalo Chicken Dip served over cauliflower.  I have 4 lbs. of chicken in the crockpot, so I hope to try some different recipes tonight and tomorrow.

Bumping for the end of summer.  Watersports will soon be ending, and I need to find friendly foods for football season.  I'd like to stay away from my winter weight this year.

Swapping out my half and half in the coffee for Coconut Silk.  4g fat, 1g carb per 8 ounces.  I'd guess i drink 4 ounces per day so 20 calories in my coffee.  Tastes like mild coconut, has the benefit of making my lips feel softer.

Experimenting with Buffalo Chicken Dip served over cauliflower.  I have 4 lbs. of chicken in the crockpot, so I hope to try some different recipes tonight and tomorrow.

Jalapeño poppers are great for football Sunday and should be keto friendly.

Chicken.  Lots of chicken. 

I never knew this thread existed.  I have been doing this diet since June, but I never knew what it was called.  I just decided to cut carbs and it worked.  I eat mostly....Salad, Chicken, Sausage, Hot Dogs, Cheesburgers, White fish, Scallops, Shrimp, and black coffee.  I have watermelon and yogurt for my carbs.  I eat asparagus, brussel sprouts, and Cashews often.  That's pretty much it.  No alcohol or smoke.  So far, so good.  Went from my size 44 waist pants being to tight, to my old size forty being loose today.  I'm down around forty pounds since I started in June.  

I just read that link in the first post.  I noticed my breath changed, but had no clue why. Pretty funny that I started this diet by accident.  It's working!

I never knew this thread existed.  I have been doing this diet since June, but I never knew what it was called.  I just decided to cut carbs and it worked.  I eat mostly....Salad, Chicken, Sausage, Hot Dogs, Cheesburgers, White fish, Scallops, Shrimp, and black coffee.  I have watermelon and yogurt for my carbs.  I eat asparagus, brussel sprouts, and Cashews often.  That's pretty much it.  No alcohol or smoke.  So far, so good.  Went from my size 44 waist pants being to tight, to my old size forty being loose today.  I'm down around forty pounds since I started in June.  

I just read that link in the first post.  I noticed my breath changed, but had no clue why. Pretty funny that I started this diet by accident.  It's working!
Nice work and yes this is how i typically can tell im in ketosis. And it works well.  Even when you dont drop weight often you are losing fat.  I bbq alot so its perfect for me. 

Are you like 5'5"?

I think this highlights something we've talked about numerous times - we (people in general, but Americans specifically) have a warped sense of where our weight should be.  I'm 5'9" and always thought I should be in the 170-180 range.  2-3 years ago I got all the way down to 158 and while I looked super skinny, I didn't look sick or anything and it was probably the weight I should be.  I've since put a lot back on :bag:   but hoping to get back in that 160-ish range.

I think this highlights something we've talked about numerous times - we (people in general, but Americans specifically) have a warped sense of where our weight should be.  I'm 5'9" and always thought I should be in the 170-180 range.  2-3 years ago I got all the way down to 158 and while I looked super skinny, I didn't look sick or anything and it was probably the weight I should be.  I've since put a lot back on :bag:   but hoping to get back in that 160-ish range.
Absolutely.  Many people have no idea what constitutes a healthy weight. We’ve normalized beer guts and “thick” women, kinda like the rubenesque figures in older art.

I used to perform DEXA scans as part of a research protocol. It’s a type of X-ray used to measure bone density, but also can measure fat and muscle.  It was really eye-opening to see these tiny skeletons inside of obese people, encased by varied amounts of fat and muscle. It made me realize we’re more or less built on the same frame - for any given height, heavier “big boned” people really just carried a lot more fat, and rarely had appreciably bigger skeletons or muscle bulk.

ETA rough ideal weight estimate for males: 106 pounds for the first 5 feet, with 6 pounds for each inch over that height +/- 15%. So your ideal weight is 160 +/- 16 pounds, 144-176.

But do you even lift, bro?

I have cheated a lil since I had covid. Weight is the same, but I ate a sandwich yesterday. Feel like crap today. Today will be day one again. It's on. Weight is around 275 now. It's been that for six month's ish. Goal is 255 by Christmas.

I’m restarting. Current go to is 3 eggs smothered in guacamole.

I’m still a low carb fan, always “works” but I’m done doing dirty Keto. I’m eating lots of salads with veggies nowaday.

Been doing a lot of wraps with those low carb keto friendly tortillas. Had two for lunch today with bratwurst, kraut, red cabbage, and spicy mustard.

Count me in as another person that didn't realize this thread existed. Also count me in as a follower of Keto. I've been doing it for about 2 1/2 months now? I am down about 12 lbs. I really like it and I feel like one of the most annoying things about it is dealing with peoples reaction to it. I feel like I have to constantly defend myself.

I lost a lot of weight over a 10 year period by just... not eating horrible foods and doing moderate exercise. But then I hit a plateau for about 6 years that I could not break. Keto was the first thing I tried that got me past that plateau.

The person that mainly got me into it was Thomas Delauer on youtube. His videos are great and extremely helpful. He preached 'clean Keto' and is not a fan of the dirty version. Grass Fed / Grass finished beef and No Hormones Ever chicken. Anyway awesome resource. I will be checking in.

I feel fat.

I weigh more than I ever have (6'1", 242 lbs as of this morning)

Even my "fat suits" are getting a little tight.

It's time to Keto.

Now I just have to stop binging on the leftover holiday sweets.

Had to take some statins as a result of my last set of blood work so I'm not sure that Keto is going to help my cholesterol but at this point, I'm willing to take that risk in order to lose 15 pounds or so between now and my 53rd birthday in mid-March #goals

Had to take some statins as a result of my last set of blood work so I'm not sure that Keto is going to help my cholesterol but at this point, I'm willing to take that risk in order to lose 15 pounds or so between now and my 53rd birthday in mid-March #goals
Keto isn't the only game in town. More heart healthy options out there.

Eat a wide variety of fibrous veggies, go as natural as possible, avoiding preservatives and steroid meat and poultry. As little sugar as possible. Intermittent fasting. Much easier to enter ketosis when you haven't eaten for 12 hours, and have no sugar in your system. Obviously better the less carbs, but even more important to not have garbage carbs.

Keto isn't the only game in town. More heart healthy options out there.

Eat a wide variety of fibrous veggies, go as natural as possible, avoiding preservatives and steroid meat and poultry. As little sugar as possible. Intermittent fasting. Much easier to enter ketosis when you haven't eaten for 12 hours, and have no sugar in your system. Obviously better the less carbs, but even more important to not have garbage carbs.
I think this is where my diet currently is - lots of eggs, broccoli, cauliflower, chicken. More water, more coffee, cut sugar and processed foods. I've also added an electrolyte mix if I'm going to to fast for more than 16 hours. I'm not sure if it helps, but I've talked myself into it.

I think this is where my diet currently is - lots of eggs, broccoli, cauliflower, chicken. More water, more coffee, cut sugar and processed foods. I've also added an electrolyte mix if I'm going to to fast for more than 16 hours. I'm not sure if it helps, but I've talked myself into it.

I assume it is in this thread here somewhere, I haven't read it, but if the goal is mainly weight loss, then exercising after your fast is, to me, critical. There is a lot of evidence that people can enter ketosis after just 12 hours of fasting (If one is eating well, no sugar no carbs, I assume more likely).

This means working out in the morning, assuming last meal at 6-8 pm. Working out when you know you are burning fat with every breath is very motivating.

If you are eating a lot of chicken, are you getting some free range?

Users who are viewing this thread