What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Parking Violation Question (1 Viewer)

oldmanhawkins

Footballguy
I parked in a one hour spot, stayed for 30 minutes, left to find a new spot, was not successful so I returned to the original for another 30.  Got a ticket anyway.  Do I have a case here?   

What city? Most cities prohibit you from returning to the same block within a 2-3 hour timeframe.

Check the ticket for when the car was first marked and when it was ticketed.

I got marked at 12:18 and 1:26.  Arrived just past noon, moved at 12:25, drove around until 12:52 (my only proof is a text to my wife that said I gave up and went back to the same spot) then we left for good at 1:30.

you were parked at an expired meter when you got ticketed :shrug:  it's not a come & go reservation to be used in minute increments.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sorta familiar with chalk marking, but not really.

Beat a hydrant ticket ($115) last week, 15 feet from hydrant is NYC. My car had been parked in the same spot for 5 days (which means about 200 meter maids walked by it in that time) with no tickets. On a weekend morning nonetheless, I saw a ticket on my car - it was issued during a thunderstorm at 230am by a ####### patrolman (unbelievable), I was furious. 

I went down to the car, brought measuring tape, clearly measured almost 17 feet, video recorded and photo'd it, brought it all to the ticket office. I sit down to talk to the 'judge' who handles - turns out the moron patrolman marked my car as an international truck and the ticket was dismissed before I could even show my evidence. 

Check to make sure the meter maid didn't mess the ticket up, instant dismissal.

Many cities don't use chalk anymore. They take pictures of the wheels and determine if the valve stems moved.

If I am reading this correctly, you parked in a 1 hr spot, stayed for 30 min, drove around for 27 min to look for a new spot but ended up back in the same one. stayed for another 37 min.  Why didn't you just stay put and finish your business during the 27 minutes you were driving around searching for a new spot?  Also, If the area was so crowded that you could not find a new spot, how is it that your original spot was still available after 27 min without being taken by someone else?  Something is not adding up here.

Last edited by a moderator:
If I am reading this correctly, you parked in a 1 hr spot, stayed for 30 min, drove around for 27 min to look for a new spot but ended up back in the same one. stayed for another 37 min.  Why didn't you just stay put and finish your business during the 27 minutes you were driving around searching for a new spot?  Also, If the area was so crowded that you could not find a new spot, how is it that your original spot was still available after 27 min without being taken by someone else?  Something is not adding up here.
Well since you asked...I took the family to the franklin institute in philly.  They wanted to see a show at the planetarium that started at 12 and we were running late so I dropped them off and went searching for spots. By the time I got in there my wife tells me they missed the 12 and we are going to see the 1, so I leave to move it.  I drove for awhile before deciding to go back and check the original one.  Thought I was in luck that it was still there.  

Well since you asked...I took the family to the franklin institute in philly.  They wanted to see a show at the planetarium that started at 12 and we were running late so I dropped them off and went searching for spots. By the time I got in there my wife tells me they missed the 12 and we are going to see the 1, so I leave to move it.  I drove for awhile before deciding to go back and check the original one.  Thought I was in luck that it was still there.  
You're screwed. The Philadelphia Parking Authority is the absolute worst. 

And yeah, it is incredibly aggravating that there is virtually no parking near the Franklin Institute.

You're screwed. The Philadelphia Parking Authority is the absolute worst. 

And yeah, it is incredibly aggravating that there is virtually no parking near the Franklin Institute.
Yeah I should just suck it up and pay $13 for the lot, but we go a lot in the summer (season pass) and usually only stay for 1-2 hours.  Today was worse than usual bc of the construction so you couldn't park at all on 20th (probably 100 less spots).

Users who are viewing this thread