What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

For the Canucks - DAZN now taking subs, Sunday Ticket for <$20/month (1 Viewer)

Zasada

Footballguy
https://www.dazn.com/en-CA

With the free intro month, works-out to $60 for the season.  Pretty great deal.  Looks like the service also includes soccer, basketball, auto racing, fishing (?!), darts (!!!???) alongside the NFL.

They have exclusive rights to NFL in Canada so none of the cable providers can offer ST anymore.  

For those of you new to this cord-cutting thing, here's the list of supported devices.  I use an nVidia Shield TV and it's awesome.  Not cheap, but it is full-featured (4K HDR capable) and you can do a ton of things with it.  I run Kodi, watch YouTube videos, watch broadcast TV (using a HDHomeRun tuner), watch Amazon Prime video, Netflix, etc.  Oh and it plays Android games, too.  Also works with some smart TVs and Chromecast.  The game controller has a headphone jack which I use all the time when the wife is sleeping.

If you're in the US you might be able to finagle this if you have a VPN with Canadian servers that aren't blocked.  

Who knows if they'll have stutter-free streaming at peak times, but they have been operating in Europe and Japan for a while so that gives me some hope.  Time will tell.  Always have nfl2go.com as backup if necessary.

I'm personally not happy with this change.   The NFL Screwed over the Canadian's with this move imo.  I won't be able to PVR the games using my Android TV Box, or use the rewind live TV functionality that I have through my normal provider.   The cost is a a bit lower, only if you take into the account the advantage of watching as much Darts as you can handle.... That's hardly a selling factor to give up the other functionality.

Poor move on the part of the NFL.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm interested but sceptical. The link that they sent was trash. It redirected about 7 times (couldn't connect to the site the first few times) and that site is littered with Chinese characters. It feels like some half finished pirating website.

I was a GamePass subscriber not a Sunday Ticket guy so I'm not upset about that aspect but I feel for those that were Sunday Ticket people. Especially because it was that long ago that they ripped Redzone off from the ST package. 

I'm worried about what is going to happened with being able to sort by player names and the two camera angles. This feature wasn't perfect through GamePass so there's definitely room to improve but they could completely cut it out or something stupid. Especially, since they dropped the price. 

Has anyone signed up and tried it out yet?

I got it and cancelled within 10 minutes. For me the main reason was that it didn't have all the archived games (playoffs only) nor did it have the player search. After a confusing conversation with customer service, they don't plan on adding these features. 

As a side note, I was kicked out of a video for using "too many devices" even though I was only using 1 device. And it was less than 10 minutes. 

The first game of the season doesn't bode well for the future of this service. I'm in my free trial month and based on this game, I won't be paying them at the end of the month. For about the first 10 minutes of the 1st quarter there was only the sound you would get if you were at the stadium. Eventually the NBC announcer's feed came in. 

The picture on the screen has become blurry and stayed like that for 5-10 minutes. 

I will continue to watch games for my free month. But,if things don't improve dramatically, I'll be scrambling to find another option and cancelling this. 

The first game of the season doesn't bode well for the future of this service. I'm in my free trial month and based on this game, I won't be paying them at the end of the month. For about the first 10 minutes of the 1st quarter there was only the sound you would get if you were at the stadium. Eventually the NBC announcer's feed came in. 

The picture on the screen has become blurry and stayed like that for 5-10 minutes. 

I will continue to watch games for my free month. But,if things don't improve dramatically, I'll be scrambling to find another option and cancelling this. 
The only problem isn't that I don't think we have an option for Sunday Ticket. 

The only problem isn't that I don't think we have an option for Sunday Ticket. 
Did this service get any better as the year went on? Debating what to do for this season since we dumped our cable provider.

Did this service get any better as the year went on? Debating what to do for this season since we dumped our cable provider.
I bailed after the free month and just went with whatever games were on normal TV. I heard it got slightly better but not much. If you decide to get it @ me and let me know what you think. 

Different angle but DAZN looks like it's going to have a pretty intriguing boxing package, if that's your thing. They're in business with Matchroom, who are the biggest promoter in the UK and have the #1 HW in the world, Anthony Joshua. Eddie Hearn's looking to break into the North American market and is starting imminently to put shows on in the US that'll be shown on DAZN.

They've also got all three of the World Boxing Super Series tournies, which are 8-man, single-elimination affairs. 

The problems seemed to change from week to week. So, problems from Week 1 were solved by Week 3, but new, equally or more annoying issues popped up to replace them. I got an additional month for free because I complained. But, the overall delivery never improved, so I cancelled when my second free month was up. 

Based on what I have been able to find it appears in Canada the only two options are your cable provider offering Sunday Ticket or DAZN offering the weekly NFL games, RedZone and Hard Knocks and other NFL content. My understanding is local cable providers can not offer RedZone. 

once I sorted out MY issues, DAZN has been basically flawless.

instead of using Smart TV DAZN app, I bought a new version chromecast $30, an HDMI extender for $2 (to bring the chromecast in FRONT of the TV)... And my internet is plenty fast and unlimited. 

once I got the chromecast, DAZN has been amazing. Watch soccer on it mostly, but of course on sundays, it's about Red Zone / Browns games.

HIGHLY suggest the chromecast route. Prior to that, slow browsing and a ton of lag

once I sorted out MY issues, DAZN has been basically flawless.

instead of using Smart TV DAZN app, I bought a new version chromecast $30, an HDMI extender for $2 (to bring the chromecast in FRONT of the TV)... And my internet is plenty fast and unlimited. 

once I got the chromecast, DAZN has been amazing. Watch soccer on it mostly, but of course on sundays, it's about Red Zone / Browns games.

HIGHLY suggest the chromecast route. Prior to that, slow browsing and a ton of lag
I had some issues with MLB.tv through my Smart TV but it's perfect with either Chromecast or Amazon Fire stick. Hopefully DAZN will be as well. Worst case, I'm out $20, I guess. 

You could just return it if it fails. 

HIGHLY suggest an HDMI extender to bring the chromecast in front of the TV. Plenty of reading suggests the TV acts as a wifi barrier leading to lagging

I bailed after the free month and just went with whatever games were on normal TV. I heard it got slightly better but not much. If you decide to get it @ me and let me know what you think. 
Stream was flawless tonight for me FWIW. Amazon Fire Stick. 

Strayed out complete ####. They comped first 3 months.  Then was good.  Will go with it again this year. 

Users who are viewing this thread