What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Forever the Prince - Charles Officially Skipped Over in Succession (Probably Fake News) (1 Viewer)

In my Geeves the butler voice : "cough, cough, I think a Nelson "Ha Ha" gif would indeed be most appropriate here your highness. "

I'm still bitter from the Revolutionary War and that ####### George III.  The Queen/King of England can go #### themselves.

William and Kate seem like cool, down to earth, genuinely nice people....however, I don't understand how people get so attached to the monarchy. It's just odd how they are instant celebrities.  

fake news!

I'm not sure if that will ever leak. We'll probably only find out when the Queen passes.

I find it interesting, but have become more interested due to the movie The King's Speech and the Netflix show The Crown.
I always laughed at the royal stuff myself, and still do to some degree.  I lived in New Zealand for a year when I was young and thought it was odd and funny how much they are still into the British royals, just due to still being in the commonwealth.  However, after watching the Crown and a few other recent movies, even understanding its historical fiction, I've come to believe Queen Elizabeth is probably the most interesting historical figure alive today - she's at least in the top 5.  Her life story is simply extraordinary, incredibly fascinating, and certainly historically relevant in a meaningful way.

If QE2 really wants to do this, she needs to be cognizant of the example set by Catherine the Great.

Catherine also wanted the crown to go to her grandson, but died before she managed to effect the testament needed to ensure Alexander 1 took the throne. Then you end up with some fella with mommy issues that swerves a nation's entire military policy, just because he wanted to spite a woman already dead.

Is there any way to block thread titles from showing up?  I'd like to block anything to do with the so called royals.

The monarchy is foremost a business, and it's important to them that the British public continue to finance the excessive luxurious lifestyles of the now quite enormous, wasteful and useless 'royal' family. I find it very sad.

- Morrissey

The list of non-British countries that still recognize the queen is odd to me.  Australia, Jamaica, New Zealand, etc.

They're not countries. Canada isn't a country. It's not independent so it doesn't count. She's on their money, she signs their bills into laws... not countries.
Not quite.  She has more power in Canada than most of the other countries in the Commonwealth, but they are still governed independent from Great Britain.

Users who are viewing this thread