What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

DraftKings Week 8 (1 Viewer)

pbandy1

Footballguy
Week 7 we saw a lot of high priced RB's (Elliot, Gurley, McCoy) in winning line-ups, along with mid and low salary WRs (Baldwin, Hurns, Lee, Stills, Landry). 

This week I think the argument could be made that the value is at running back. Mixon vs IND, Martin vs CAR, Lewis vs LAC, CMac @ TB all at 6200 or below.

I'm also loving WRs in the 6000-8000 range.

cash

Trubisky @ NO

McCoy vs OAK

McCaffrey @ TB

Baldwin vs HOU

Garcon @ PHI

Ginn vs CHI

Witten @ WAS

Kamara vs CHI

Pats vs LAC

Last edited by a moderator:
My no research in case I forget cash lineup is:

Rivers
McCoy, White, Kamara
Agholor, Crabtree, D Jackson
Cook
NO

For that price, is Mixon a cash play or is he too risky?  He seems to be getting the proper % of the rushing action on the week, but last week was terrible game script for Cinci to be able to do anything on the ground.  Same with D.Lewis at the same price.  NE probably has the best matchup from a pure OL vs. DL stats perspective and he has been getting more and more touches.  If was doing cash, I would probably look at a core of McCoy/Zeke/Gordon + Ingram + Mixon.   IMO a lot in gpps and cash might come down to who we decide on with those WRs in the 6K range.  Cooper/Crab, Hogan, Car Wrs, Alshon, Garcon all in there.  T.Y. with a bad matchup, but only 5.6K too. 

Anyway, I was probably just doing my 3 $1 gpps like last week, and was looking at players like:

Rivers, Dalton, Cousins, Cam, Brady,

McCoy, Gordon, Mixon, Blount, McCaffrey, Howard, Freeman, Ingram/Kamara, D.Lewis

Car WRs, Allen, Garcon, AJG, Alshon/Agholor, Julio, Hogan, Evans, T.Y., Cooper/Crab,

Witten, Henry, Kroft, Graham, Cook, Gronk, Ertz, Brate/Howard

Cinci D.

You can't under any circumstances play Trubisky in cash pbandy. 
yeah he is now out of my lineups and subbing him out for Tyrod Taylor. 

Taylor, McCoy / Mixon, Brown / M Thomas / T Ginn, Kroft,  Abdullah, Pats D

Interesting to see what the weather shapes up to be. A lot of games as of now are raining and there seems to be 15+ mph winds in TB. Will have to see Sunday morning.

Any input for my league and a couple of 50/50

Cam

Gordon, Thompson

A Brown, R Anderson, Richardson

Witten

Abdullah

Vikings

Any input for my league and a couple of 50/50

Cam

Gordon, Thompson

A Brown, R Anderson, Richardson

Witten

Abdullah

Vikings
I hate Cam, so I probably can't give an unbiased opinion on that. 

Of the rest, Abdullah makes me nervous, but I get the call with the 4.2 price tag.  What I would think about is dropping in D.  I think Pitt is an option this week and is 1.1K cheaper than Minn.  Not sure what to use the savings on - just an observation.

KarmaPolice said:
I hate Cam, so I probably can't give an unbiased opinion on that. 

Of the rest, Abdullah makes me nervous, but I get the call with the 4.2 price tag.  What I would think about is dropping in D.  I think Pitt is an option this week and is 1.1K cheaper than Minn.  Not sure what to use the savings on - just an observation.
Cousins 

Gordon, Thompson

A Brown, R Anderson, P Richardson

Witten

Martin/Miller/Blount among others 

Steelers 

Here are the guys I've noticed a lot of that seem to fit the bill for GPP lineups, I have some sort of combination of all these guys pretty much so let's hear your thoughts so I can question my own 100x before kickoff

Tyrod Taylor - great floor, been playing pretty well and always rushes for a few yards

Phillip Rivers - The QB against the Pats is always an option this year plus the Chargers have been playing well as of late.

Tom Brady - It's Tom Brady in what looks to be the highest score of the week

Russell Wilson - Seems like a guy I might put a lineup with purely based on matchup and what I'd imagine is a statement game for them

Shady - The only offense they have other than Tyrod so he's a no brainer for me

Mixon - Lots of opportunity, good matchup and what I'd expect is a good gamescript for the Bengals

Ingram/Kamara - Same reasons so I lumped them together, very likely a good game script playing with a lead and they're being used a ton

Tarik Cohen - Garbage time please and thank you.  I doubt they keep it close so might be some more Cohen than Howard this weekend.

DeAndre Washington/Jalen Richard - No Lynch, good luck guessing which one, but I'd venture they have equal touches so find the TD among the two and you could be ok

JuJu Smith-Schuster - No Martavis, he's proved his worth, give me some more touches

Keenan Allen/Tyrell WIlliams - My guess is with a really weak LB core they run more slants underneath and maybe Tyrell can hit a homerun on one or two of them.  That and Keenan is always pretty good underneath

Brandin Cooks/Chris Hogan - High floor for both I'd say.  Casey Heyward on Cooks might be a problem though (is that who will cover him?) either way they both will get theirs I'd imagine

Jermaine Kearse - Get a long TD and he'll be ok, Falcons have been struggling so here's to hoping

Julio Jones - They want him more involved so just like last week they get him involved more in the offense?  Complete guess but seems logical.  

Nick O'Leary - Tyrod loves his TE's so maybe he does more

Hunter Henry - Patriots defense like before and the middle should be open more than the outside

Zach Miller - Someone has to catch passes right?  Likely playing from behind as well so lets get some garbage time

I'm using most of those guys too between the 2 sites other than Brady(too $$) Cohen (Fox is stupid) and Wilson(always screws me)

Definitely going to be dialing up a lot of Jets as cap relief to hit the RBs hard. Still liking McCoy, Crabtree, Agholor, and Cook from my first lineup. Looking like a lot of McCown for me at this moment.

GPP lineup.  Heavy on Cinci I know, but super stacks have been lucrative in the past.

Dalton, Mixon/Chris Thompson, AJ/Deonte Thompson/Julio, Brate, Lamar Miller, Saints

Thoughts?

GPP lineup.  Heavy on Cinci I know, but super stacks have been lucrative in the past.

Dalton, Mixon/Chris Thompson, AJ/Deonte Thompson/Julio, Brate, Lamar Miller, Saints

Thoughts?
I like it but Dalton/AJG is going to be the highest owned stack in play , probably at least 25%.  Adding Julio and the Thompson twins may make it unique enough if they all hit.

I'm fading the big name RBs this week for cash. I feel like the cheaper RBs can get me just as many points. Rolling with 2 TEs, but I'm not 100% sold on it yet. 

Dalton

Kamara/Chris Thompson

Ginn/Alshon/Crabtree

Brate

Ertz

Saints

Anyone changing anything with the bad weather on the east coast? I switched out Robby Anderson for Paul Richardson

Cousins

Gordon, Thompson

A Brown, Richardson, Stills(11.5)

Witten

Miller/Blount(rain in philly)

Saints

Anyone changing anything with the bad weather on the east coast? I switched out Robby Anderson for Paul Richardson

Cousins

Gordon, Thompson

Witten

Saints
I added Freeman to my lineup. If it's going to be raining in Atl, then I would expect the ball to be run more

Cousins

Gordon, Thompson

Witten

Saints
Wind can effect the passing games for sure.  I decided to stay away a bit just because I only have a couple bucks going, and I don't want to hover over the weather reports this morning.  The one exception is the NE/Chargers game.  That is what I focused on with my 3 gpps on Dk, because even if it is windy, both teams do a lot of short stuff with the Rbs, TEs, etc.. Any time I might get Brady at 5-6% owned, I will try that.  The other 2 gpp games I landed on were Houst/Seat and Oak/Buff. 

Sample LU:  Brady - Gordon/Freeman/C.Thompson - Hogan/D.Thompson/Doctson - Cook - Seattle

My DK QBs will be Brady and Rivers.  My FD Qbs will be Carr/Tyrod/Wilson.

Good luck, all!

The weather scared me into changing my entire lineup. I'm in the DC area and it's just wet out. No rains yet.

Tyrod

Ingram/freeman

Doctson/aghelor/Ginn

Tyler kroft

Zeke

Bills.

Hoping all my stud RBs deliver today

$3 SE gpp

Cam Zeke Ingram Benjamin Jackson Lafell OLeary Mixon Saints

$1 3max gpp

Rivers Ingram Blount Funchess Ginn Crabtree Gronk Henry Dallas
weather made me change up my lineups

thu-mon gpp

dalton ingram mixon ginn green dez cook ty williams chargers

$3 double up

cam zeke ingram benjamin kearse lafell reed mixon dal

$1 3max gpp

rivers howard freeman cooks allen ginn kroft blount car

good luck all !!

Ugh. Had 100% Gordon, then they were talking about his turf toe so I moved off him in some LUs.  I need to stop watching pregame crap- those switches always bite me in the ###. 

Played .25 gpp. The only ones I’ll play and scored 177.86 winning $1.50 

Brees

Zeke, Thompson

R Anderson, Ginn, Richardson

Kroft

Gordon

Eagles

Cashing in both my double ups and 2nd right now in my league. 132.22

Cousins

Gordon, Thompson

Stills, Richardson, A Brown(still to play)

Witten

Miller

Saints

my gpp lineup would be winning my league by 30 points 

Need some advice.  Currently sitting at 92.82 (BARELY above the cash line).  I have the following players left tonight.

Fowler, Kelce, Jamaal Charles, KC DEF.

Should I try and find replacements for either pair of players on their respective teams and go all in on the other?  For example, go with Albert Wilson and Charcandrick West over Fowler and Charles or Denver's D and A.J. Derby over KC and Kelce.  If I go one of these routes, I think the KC side has more upside.

Or, just stand pat and try to stay above the cash line?

THANKS!

Need some advice.  Currently sitting at 92.82 (BARELY above the cash line).  I have the following players left tonight.

Fowler, Kelce, Jamaal Charles, KC DEF.

Should I try and find replacements for either pair of players on their respective teams and go all in on the other?  For example, go with Albert Wilson and Charcandrick West over Fowler and Charles or Denver's D and A.J. Derby over KC and Kelce.  If I go one of these routes, I think the KC side has more upside.

Or, just stand pat and try to stay above the cash line?

THANKS!
I’d definitely keep KC D and Kelce in 

Didn't have a lot of time to review/edit lineups this week, first cash game loss in several weeks. That Cowboys Int TD bumped my GPP output just enough to offset the cash games.

Users who are viewing this thread