What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Worst Movie You’ve Seen (2 Viewers)

Saw "Mother" last night.  MOre recency bias, but man, I gotta stop watching garbage movies.  So bad.
Yeah watched this with my wife and kids and I was convinced I had just seen the worst movie ever. Then we read what it really personified and I said, Okay I can see what they were going for there, but wow, what a hard watch. Did not enjoy this movie at all--not sure it is the worst, but really up there on the list of bad movies.

Yeah watched this with my wife and kids and I was convinced I had just seen the worst movie ever. Then we read what it really personified and I said, Okay I can see what they were going for there, but wow, what a hard watch. Did not enjoy this movie at all--not sure it is the worst, but really up there on the list of bad movies.
So, um, where can i read what it personified? Seemed to just be crap.

Santa and the Ice Cream Bunny

In Santa's workshop in the North Pole, Santa's elves sing about Christmas nearing and Santa's absence. Meanwhile, on a beach in Florida, Santa's sleigh has become mired in the sand, and his reindeer have flown away to escape the heat, leaving him stuck. Santa sings a song bemoaning his troubles, then falls asleep.

Several local children hear Santa calling them telepathically, and run to him. Santa awakes and explains his predicament. One boy asks why Santa does not fly back to the North Pole on a plane, he explains that he cannot abandon his sleigh and needs their help pulling it out of the sand. The kids bring him several animals, including a pig, a sheep, a donkey, a horse, and a gorilla.

Meanwhile, Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry Finn watch and comment on the action from a distance.

When all the children's attempts fail, Santa encourages them not to give up hope, and tells them a story about a girl who visits the theme park Pirates World and hears the story of "Thumbelina" as an example. A previously produced film of Thumbelina plays, complete with its original credit sequence, and runs longer than its frame story (alternative prints of the film use another Mahon adaptation, Jack and the Beanstalk, as Santa's story).

After the story, Santa encourages the kids to "always believe". One girl tells Santa that her dog, Rebel, can do anything. The kids leave. Santa takes off his coat and falls asleep once more. He wakes up and puts his coat back on when the kids return in an antique fire engine, singing about how they will help Santa. The engine is being driven by the titular Ice Cream Bunny, whom Rebel has summoned. The Ice Cream Bunny offers to drive Santa to the North Pole and they depart. The children realize Santa's sleigh is still stuck in the sand and wonder what to do, before it teleports to the North Pole, waiting for Santa's arrival.
/thread

One site gave it 5 out 5 stars!

Yeah right, it's up there with Casablanca.  :loco:

KarmaPolice said:
So basically a movie doesn't spoon feed to you what it's about = worst ever movie? 
You know I agree with what you are saying because I like movies with hidden meanings and such. However, when you go from a movie about Jennifer Lawrence remodeling a house and then Ed Harris and Michelle Pfeiffer show up and they are supposed to represent Adam and Eve and she yells at people for sitting on her sink and I won't give much more away for those that are interested, but this movie was not good at all IMO. 

You know I agree with what you are saying because I like movies with hidden meanings and such. However, when you go from a movie about Jennifer Lawrence remodeling a house and then Ed Harris and Michelle Pfeiffer show up and they are supposed to represent Adam and Eve and she yells at people for sitting on her sink and I won't give much more away for those that are interested, but this movie was not good at all IMO. 
Haha.  So what exactly do you think the sink scene was a metaphor for?  

So you liked this movie?
I haven't seen it yet, but I plan to soon.  I was making a sideways comment on the mix of movies in here that are just bad and ones that I feel are very well made but odd, ambiguous, a little slow, etc..     It's been said a few times already - movies by PTA, Aronofsky, Kubrick, Wes Anderson, the Coens, and others like that.   Overrated thread? Sure.  

I haven't seen it yet, but I plan to soon.  I was making a sideways comment on the mix of movies in here that are just bad and ones that I feel are very well made but odd, ambiguous, a little slow, etc..     It's been said a few times already - movies by PTA, Aronofsky, Kubrick, Wes Anderson, the Coens, and others like that.   Overrated thread? Sure.  
True genius is represented by Ed Wood, Roger Corman, Sandy Frank, K. Gordon Murray and Ray Dennis Steckler, Ebert. :P

I am guessing when the couple breaks it and the resulting wall of water comes out of the wall, it represents the great flood and Noah, but I might be reaching on that one.
Maybe it's glaciers breaking apart from climate change and Mother Earth flooding?

Users who are viewing this thread