Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Bramel combined board and Bloom 100 are up

JoeSteeler

15 hours ago, Tick said:

Wow, my safeties are very different - I only have 3 guys on my list: Holland, Grant, Deablo.

I think Deablo is slated for LB - not safety. I am more open minded to Holland and Grant than I am Moehrig. The problem I have with Holland is I don't think he'll be a full timer barring injury until 2022 and I generally don't stash futures at safety until in-season. My issue with Grant is his versatility. I think his ability to play deep and in the box is a good thing for Atlanta, but not for our game. 

Thinking about this more I'd throw a dart at Holland and Grant if they fell far enough in my deep dyno (53 man roster + 10 man taxi), but I'm still looking elsewhere in my 40-45 man leagues.

2 hours ago, MAC_32 said:

I think Deablo is slated for LB - not safety. I am more open minded to Holland and Grant than I am Moehrig. The problem I have with Holland is I don't think he'll be a full timer barring injury until 2022 and I generally don't stash futures at safety until in-season. My issue with Grant is his versatility. I think his ability to play deep and in the box is a good thing for Atlanta, but not for our game. 

Thinking about this more I'd throw a dart at Holland and Grant if they fell far enough in my deep dyno (53 man roster + 10 man taxi), but I'm still looking elsewhere in my 40-45 man leagues.

Good point - probably best to just skip the position anyway given the bargains on the waiver wire. For Deablo, I’m hoping for a S designation and an LB role.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
13 minutes ago, bronco fan said:

Any word from Jene about a 2022 version of his combined draft board? Many of us rely on this to guide us through our rookie drafts. Thanks in advance Jene!

Previously announced that it isn't happening this year.

1 hour ago, Dacomish said:

That's Bloom's top 100, not Bramel's combined board.  Very nice to have, but Bramel's presentation always clicked with me.

Both @lsutigers and @tripp posted Bramel-style boards in the Rookies thread in this forum. Also DynastySanta on Twitter.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, Tick said:

That's Bloom's top 100, not Bramel's combined board.  Very nice to have, but Bramel's presentation always clicked with me.

Both @lsutigers and @tripp posted Bramel-style boards in the Rookies thread in this forum. Also DynastySanta on Twitter.

Ahh...I really gotta quit drinking at work....lol! Sorry I thought it said Bloom....

Edited by Dacomish

• 2 weeks later...

Would have really liked to have seen Jene's personal combined board this year I have always used that especially on the defensive side to figure out my own rankings.  This year's board really was a contradiction against the rest of the world.

1 hour ago, Dez said:

John Norton hates Kyle Hamilton with a passion.  Most have him as a top 5 IDP player and Norton has him outside his top 5 DB's let alone players.

Good.  It's his opinion, and I'm glad he doesn't water it down by averaging with consensus like I would do.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dez said:

Would have really liked to have seen Jene's personal combined board this year I have always used that especially on the defensive side to figure out my own rankings.  This year's board really was a contradiction against the rest of the world.

I averaged all the boards I could find:

Macri, Bloom, Santa, gridironratings, tripp, lsutigers, Davenport, JoeyTheTooth, Haseley, Tietgen, Norton, brotofantasy.  Here's what I got, though it was before MFL reclassified, so I didn't have Travon Walker listed, and I didn't bother with a couple of guys who were LBs (Bonitto comes to mind):

Player	Pos	Rd	Tm	Avg
Devin Lloyd	LB	1	JAC	1.545454545
Aidan Hutchinson	DE	0	DET	2.090909091
Kyle Hamilton	S	0	CIN	3.727272727
Nakobe Dean	LB	3	PHI	3.909090909
Kayvon Thibodeaux	DE	0	NYG	5.181818182
Quay Walker	LB	1	GBP	5.454545455
George Karlaftis	DE	1	KCC	7.818181818
Jermaine Johnson	DE	1	NYJ	7.818181818
Troy Anderson	LB	2	DEN	9.727272727
Christian Harris	LB	3	HOU	10.18181818
Lewis Cine	S	1	ATL	12.63636364
Channing Tindall	LB	3	MIA	13.09090909
Jaquan Brisker	S	2	CHI	13.81818182
Chad Muma	LB	3	JAC	14.27272727
Arnold Ebiketie	DE	2	ATL	16.90909091
Leo Chenal	LB	3	KCC	17.09090909
David Ojabo	DE	2	BAL	17.90909091
Daxton Hill (FS)	S	1	IND	18.63636364
Jalen Pitre	S	2	HOU	19.45454545
Sam Williams	DE	2	DAL	20
Brian Asamoah	LB	3	MIN	20.18181818
Bryan Cook	S	2	KCC	21.81818182
Drake Jackson	DE	2	SFO	21.90909091
Nick Cross	S	3	IND	22.09090909
Terrel Bernard	LB	3	BUF	23.81818182
Josh Paschal	DE	2	DET	25
Damone Clark	LB	5	DAL	26.27272727
Myjai Sanders	DE	3	ARI	26.63636364
Kerby Joseph	S	3	DET	26.81818182
J.T. Woods	S	3	ATL	27.18181818
Brandon Smith	LB	4	CAR	27.27272727
D'Marco Jackson	LB	5	NOS	28.09090909
Cameron Thomas	DE	3	ARI	29.27272727
Micah McFadden	LB	5	NYG	29.81818182
DeMarvin Leal	DE	3	PIT	30.09090909
DeAngelo Malone	DE	3	ATL	30.63636364
Alex Wright	DE	3	CLE	31.63636364
Taylor-Britt	S	2	CIN	32.81818182

Edited by Tick

I just went against Norton's rankings and took Kyle Hamilton at pick 20 (2.04) of my 16 team IDP PPR 1.5 TE league, 2 pts per tackle

Highest I have ever taken a DB ever and have been playing full scoring IDP since 2014 and limited IDP since 1997.

Edited by Dez

14 hours ago, Dez said:

John Norton hates Kyle Hamilton with a passion.  Most have him as a top 5 IDP player and Norton has him outside his top 5 DB's let alone players.

Does he hate the player or the potential usage in our game? There's a path to IDP stardom for him, but he's a diverse enough talent that he could be a trap. What if the Ravens decide to primarily use him over the top and in coverage? I'm not betting that'll happen, but it's absolutely in the range of potential outcomes. It's why I traded up for him (mid 3rd) in big play, but bypassed in tackle heavy. His value still carries some volatilty if he's not put in positions to rack up volume, but since turnovers and PD's are more heavily rewarded there is some mitigation.

• Like 2

On 5/22/2022 at 4:13 PM, Dez said:

On 5/23/2022 at 6:50 AM, MAC_32 said:

Does he hate the player or the potential usage in our game? There's a path to IDP stardom for him, but he's a diverse enough talent that he could be a trap. What if the Ravens decide to primarily use him over the top and in coverage? I'm not betting that'll happen, but it's absolutely in the range of potential outcomes. It's why I traded up for him (mid 3rd) in big play, but bypassed in tackle heavy. His value still carries some volatilty if he's not put in positions to rack up volume, but since turnovers and PD's are more heavily rewarded there is some mitigation.

I would take it a step further and say that DB's are like kickers.  Sure there are a few that are likely at the top but by and large there isn't enough difference between 1 and 20 to make them a priority in any way.   I was shocked to see the love for Hamilton and how high people were putting him on their draft boards.  I just don't see a reason to waste draft capital on a DB.  There just isn't enough difference in the top 20.  Also, there are always new guys you can find on waivers that are in that range week to week.  They are just easy to acquire that using a top pick on one really isn't a benefit.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Gally said:

I would take it a step further and say that DB's are like kickers.  Sure there are a few that are likely at the top but by and large there isn't enough difference between 1 and 20 to make them a priority in any way.   I was shocked to see the love for Hamilton and how high people were putting him on their draft boards.  I just don't see a reason to waste draft capital on a DB.  There just isn't enough difference in the top 20.  Also, there are always new guys you can find on waivers that are in that range week to week.  They are just easy to acquire that using a top pick on one really isn't a benefit.  

I hear ya.  We shall see I expect to get what I paid for and I paid "unicorn" prices so I expect to have got myself a unicorn.

• Like 1