What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who's Wittiest? Friday Quiplash - 5/18 Quipslip - Results being posted (1 Viewer)

Bob Sacamano

Footballguy
I'm going to give Hags a break from game show hosting duties and TRY to knock one of these out in a day. It may be a challenge, but I think we're up to it.

I'll be sending you 2-4 prompts, depending on the number of people who sign up and depending on how long the first round lasts, to write a funny quip in response. You'll be in direct competition with other players until we move to the final round, a free-for-all quip where you're competing against all players. Once I have all the quips, I'll post them for voting.  You can vote for any answer that is not yours.  Points will be awarded in proportion to the number of votes you receive. 

In the spirit of the game, once you receive your prompts, try not to spend more than a minute or two on each response. Honor system and all.

Be brief, be funny, and be punctual!

1. worm

2. ProstheticRGK

3. Matts

4. El Floppo

5. Ignoramus

6. heckman

7. Foos

8. scoobus

9. kupcho

10. belljar's face

11. Sinn

12. IB

13. Getzlaf

14. Hags

15. EG

16. YF23

17. Nick Vermeil

18. bry

19. fatguy

20. Ramsay Huntgang

21. Cap'n Grunge

22. AAABatteries

23. lardons

24. Gator

25. bfred

26. GOB

27. Bull Dozier

28. mquinn

Last edited by a moderator:
In, but punctuality will be spotty depending on time of day. I’ll try my best to get all answers in as fast as possible, but I’ll defintely vote.

IF you sign up, and you become the speedbump, in order to keep things even for each of the prompts, your answer for that round will be replaced by a Mod Answer and we will move along without you from that point forward. 

I'm going to spectate this week. Never played before and would like to see the true witty members of the board work their magic. Thanks for the mention, though. 

For those who have never played, here's the description I provided after last week's Black Sheep:

I will PM a prompt to several people.  You each send back to me the response you think the sheep will like best. 

Usually played head to head, I'll probably do 4 people per prompt instead.  Then everyone votes on the answer they like best, and you get points based on your proportional share of votes.

A. Name of the soon to be released sex tape starring Donald Trump
1. Mush Honey - worm
2. You can't spell POTUS without the Pee! - matts
3. Stormy Watersports - bry
4. Splitting TwoPence - Ned

25 votes. worm, ned, and bry each get 5, matts gets 10.  matts gets 400 points, while they each get 200.  And so on.

Orange is the new Black on Blonde

Yezzzzzzzir.

We tried a huge round of The Last Lash last year. Be more interesting with the smaller rounds.

For those who have never played, here's the description I provided after last week's Black Sheep:

I will PM a prompt to several people.  You each send back to me the response you think the sheep will like best. 

Usually played head to head, I'll probably do 4 people per prompt instead.  Then everyone votes on the answer they like best, and you get points based on your proportional share of votes.

1. Mush Honey - worm
2. You can't spell POTUS without the Pee! - matts
3. Stormy Watersports - bry
4. Splitting TwoPence - Ned

25 votes. worm, ned, and bry each get 5, matts gets 10.  matts gets 400 points, while they each get 200.  And so on.
In Like Mike Flynn

Users who are viewing this thread