Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Ⅿ- Mandalorian Series!

3 hours ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

God that was amazing. What I hoped the sequels would be. Mando taking off the helmet to look at his son “with his own eyes” and Luke being true to character and in his prime. This saved star wars. 

1000x this. That scene was how I’ve been imagining a sequel to ROTJ would look like since I first saw it as a kid 30+ years ago. Amazing. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Moe Green said:

Fett and Luke had no history. Luke wasn't around when Boba carted Han's frozen ### away in Slave 1.

They fought in jabbas barge which directly led to Fett getting eaten but other than that yea not really much.

• Like 1

Just now, TripItUp said:

Right...and I guess Fett not really being a Mandalorian meant no animosity between look and the room.   Makes sense.

There was probably plenty of animosity from Bo Kataan and her underling. Mandalorians still hold a grudge against jedi. They just happen to hate the empire more at the moment. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Insein said:

There was probably plenty of animosity from Bo Kataan and her underling. Mandalorians still hold a grudge against jedi. They just happen to hate the empire more at the moment. 

Plus he just wrecked a whole army of dark troopers. Probably not the bear you want to poke. 

• Like 4
  • Thinking 1

7 hours ago, Insein said:

Theres so many things I want to see now. I want them to bring in Mara Jade for real. I want Ashoka to meet Luke. I need Leia and Han being an actual loving couple and doing things for the New Republic. Now that Luke is back to being Luke this changes everything!

I need grand admiral thrawn and the Zahn books on screen!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, drunken slob said:

That's how you end a season  :bow:

I want more, but that honestly would have been a good way to end the series.

9 hours ago, tommyboy said:

Oh,  forgot.... the sound effects on this show have been fantastic,  combined with the music. The sound of an ion charge exploding,  whoa. The effects of the force connection when grogu was on the rock, and it's sound.  Just pure geekery for me. 

It got lost in all of the other awesomeness of the episode, but the audio and visuals when the first tie fighter launched was :chefskiss:

P.S. I also loved seeing R2 retract his 3rd leg... that was a pure geekery moment for me.

• Like 3

Mando could have done some damage against the dark troopers with the darksaber. Watching Luke carve them up was awesome though. No idea where this is headed, but no reason to expect it to be anything other than amazing. Now we wait

Edited by sports_fan
  • Like 1

Like everyone else, thought it was great. 

How does this show keep their secrets for so long. No one had an inkling about Grogu last season and no one had a clue about Luke. Is it just that the people working the show care so much about it, they want everyone to enjoy without spoilers. That is the most impressive thing to me. 

You would have thought some grip hand would have told his brother who would have told his wifes cousin who would have put it on Twitter where it goes viral. 

• Like 2

Amazing finale and a terrific season. Just so much fun to be in that world. I went back and re-watched the first episode from season 1 and it was great, rewatchability is off the charges for me. 

A bit concerned they're going to dilute this with so many spin-offs/series. They can't all hold up to this standard, can they?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, foxco said:

Amazing finale and a terrific season. Just so much fun to be in that world. I went back and re-watched the first episode from season 1 and it was great, rewatchability is off the charges for me. 

A bit concerned they're going to dilute this with so many spin-offs/series. They can't all hold up to this standard, can they?

There is that fear but we haven't had Star Wars this good in forever. So I'm basking in the glow of this finale for now. 

41 minutes ago, foxco said:

They can’t all be this good, but a few of them can and probably will be, and if the other ones tell interesting stories I’ll be excited. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Capella said:

They can’t all be this good, but a few of them can and probably will be, and if the other ones tell interesting stories I’ll be excited. 

Yep. No expectations on any of them but if they're well written and entertaining, I'll be in again  

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, tommyboy said:

I will probably watch this 4 times tonight.  They just do such a great job of capturing the original star wars feel, themes and emotions. Maybe even better.  

I'm wondering what happens with mando and the darksaber.  That's a big problem to be resolved.  Also, fett will be off being a warlord, but it will be a plot line,  I don't think he gets a show (not announced). How did Gideon know everything about everyone? There is a spy near mando. Who?

I sure hope they put out a video game.  

Just great. 

There were graphics out last week that showed all the Disney Star Wars projects, and Boba was listed (amongst others that I won't name in case people care about spoilers). Let's just say this season will have several spinoffs and you could tell a little bit because they spent time setting those up with the trade off being a slowing of plot progression.

Don't get me wrong, I didn't mind the slow burn plot progression at all, especially with the incredible payoff.  Tremendous series and just a great cap to the season.  Looking forward to all the spinoffs.  I'll now spend time catching up on Clone Wars and Rebels.

3 hours ago, AcerFC said:

Like everyone else, thought it was great. 

How does this show keep their secrets for so long. No one had an inkling about Grogu last season and no one had a clue about Luke. Is it just that the people working the show care so much about it, they want everyone to enjoy without spoilers. That is the most impressive thing to me. 

You would have thought some grip hand would have told his brother who would have told his wifes cousin who would have put it on Twitter where it goes viral. 

Cough

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kiddnets said:

I still can't believe the guy from Swingers has made my favorite Christmas movie....develop/built my 2d favorite movie franchise.... and saved my favorite franchise...

Favreau is so money and he doesn't even know it!  

Vegas baby, Vegas 

• Laughing 1

14 hours ago, tommyboy said:

I will probably watch this 4 times tonight.  They just do such a great job of capturing the original star wars feel, themes and emotions. Maybe even better.  

I'm wondering what happens with mando and the darksaber.  That's a big problem to be resolved.  Also, fett will be off being a warlord, but it will be a plot line,  I don't think he gets a show (not announced). How did Gideon know everything about everyone? There is a spy near mando. Who?

I sure hope they put out a video game.  

Just great. 

I just hope it's not Ming. 

13 hours ago, TripItUp said:

Fett and Luke have a long history, including Jabba barge battle and no animosity in the room there?

:shrug: I'm just going with "Luke knew what he came for, and felt no threat in the room" and "boba never really had animosity against Luke, but the bounty hunter / Jedi story isn't over"

11 hours ago, TripItUp said:

Right...and I guess Fett not really being a Mandalorian meant no animosity between Luke and the room.   Makes sense.

I'm not buying into the"no animosity" concept fully, but they all basically wanted the same thing at that point. And nobody was ####ing with Luke.

27 minutes ago, AcerFC said:

Sorry, I missed it. Well done my friend. 

Just thought your post was funny. My friend literally is a grip. He kept baby yoda from me totally, but I knew some other stuff early or he heavily hinted. He has been on the boba fett shoot for about a month now — they all thought it was season 3 of Mando until it started production. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, -OZ- said:

:shrug: I'm just going with "Luke knew what he came for, and felt no threat in the room" and "boba never really had animosity against Luke, but the bounty hunter / Jedi story isn't over"

Boba was not there in that scene for Luke to even know about.  He flies the decoy mission and then goes away in his ship as the other ship goes into the landing bay, well before the Xwing shows up.

38 minutes ago, NewlyRetired said:

Boba was not there in that scene for Luke to even know about.  He flies the decoy mission and then goes away in his ship as the other ship goes into the landing bay, well before the Xwing shows up.

Fine, I'll rewatch it! 

;)

I don't know why I'm putting there in my mind, maybe just that agent May was there. I mean, I know you're right. But still there were 3 in similar armor, I wonder how many Luke had met.

Edited by -OZ-

11 minutes ago, -OZ- said:

Fine, I'll rewatch it! 

;)

I don't know why I'm putting there in my mind, maybe just that agent May was there. I mean, I know you're right. But still there were 3 in similar armor, I wonder how many Luke had met.

Probably didn't know Mando. Maybe did know who Bo-Katan was/is. I thought I have read Sasha Banks character is new.

• Thanks 1

Still going back through my mind about this last episode. So much good

I pulled a kid move while watching with the wife yesterday. When the X-Wing showed up I jumped to the front of my seat and said, "It's Luke, it's Luke." Then, when he fired up the Sabre I screamed, "Time to scrap some clankers!" 

Just freakin' awesome :banned:

Edited by drunken slob
  • Like 4
  • Laughing 3

Literal Mark out moment of the last episode. Probably best Season Final in god knows how long in god knows how many shows either. Remarkable how they kept this a secrete too. 

• Like 2

I say it again because nobody disagreed with me it seemed.

luke showed up and found a Darth Vader armor looming dude with a dark saber and turned around and walked right out of the room.

anyone else think that’s a bit of a hole?

37 minutes ago, The Ref said:

luke showed up and found a Darth Vader armor looming dude with a dark saber and turned around and walked right out of the room.

Dark Saber was not seen by Luke.  He might not even know what it is even if he did see it. 

Luke is well aware there are still remnants of the Empire but he is clearly more concerned with training Jedi than trying to clean up the stragglers.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, The Ref said:

No.  He communicates with grogu so he knows all about mando. No surprise.  He's only there for the child. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, The Ref said:

He has encountered Mandalorians before. He is a powerful Force user and can divine people’s intentions. There was also a Republic marshal in the room. No hole here.

8 hours ago, The Ref said:

No.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DaVinci said:

He has encountered Mandalorians before. He is a powerful Force user and can divine people’s intentions. There was also a Republic marshal in the room. No hole here.

9 hours ago, The Ref said:

Isn’t the chest piece more medical device than armor? Luke can’t very well go round slicing up everybody with space asthma.

Also, as has been more or less said, Luke probably wouldn’t care unless he sensed Gideon was a Force user, and there were 5 people who had wiped out all the non Dark Troopers in the room. He figured the situation was handled.

20 hours ago, drunken slob said:

Still going back through my mind about this last episode. So much good

I pulled a kid move while watching with the wife yesterday. When the X-Wing showed up I jumped to the front of my seat and said, "It's Luke, it's Luke." Then, when he fired up the Sabre I screamed, "Time to scrap some clankers!" 

Just freakin' awesome :banned:

I swear I did the same thing, as did my kids. It was pandemonium. Soon as the tracker beacon beeped, the Xwing flew in, I was like oh boy.

I have watched it about 3x now. :nerd:

• Like 2

13 hours ago, The Ref said:

It's my understanding (maybe I'm reading a bit much into it) that in both the OT and the NT, Luke has been characterized a bit as not being completely invested in the Rebellion/New Republic...and is instead, completely interested in the concept of "what makes a Jedi a Jedi?"  He left the Rebellion in ESB on an open ended quest to become a Jedi.  He left the New Republic when his failures as a teacher were exposed and he went away to contemplate the idea of The Force.

To that, him being more interested in Grogu instead of the political situation on the ship(or in the galaxy for that matter) would jibe with his character.

• Like 1

I'd say the only legit booger on the glass in regards to the show is the Bo Katan/Dark Saber "Has to win it combat" situation when Sabine freely gave it to her in Rebels.  That, and maybe shoehorning Grogu/Luke up against the New Trilogy a little bit more.*

ETA: * Nevermind...it looks like the timeline goes ROTJ - 4 years ABY/ Mandolorian - 9 years ABY/ Force Awakens 34 years ABY......but I'd have to imagine that Luke leaves and goes off to be a hermit somewhere around 20 years ABY.  

Edited by Thunderlips