Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I still can't believe the guy from Swingers has made my favorite Christmas movie....develop/built my 2d favorite movie franchise.... and saved my favorite franchise... Favreau is so money and he

Also the Lady Expendables were awesome. Because they were just awesome. They didn't tell us they were awesome. They didn't have other people go "wow look how awesome they are". They were all individua

Mark Hamill @HamillHimself The fact that we were able to keep my involvement a secret for over a year with no leaks is nothing less than a miracle. A real triumph for spoiler-haters everywhe

2 hours ago, NewlyRetired said:

My daughter and I are re-watching all ten movies in prep for ROS.  We watched Empire last night and paused the scene with IG-88 in it and they did a nice job in The Mandalorian keeping his look identical to the movie.

That was IG-11 in The Mandalorian, not IG-88. :nerd: 

• Like 2
On 11/13/2019 at 2:47 PM, Moe. said:

Clone Wars has a couple of Mandalorian arcs too, very solid.

In terms of the timeline, Rebels starts about 5 years before A New Hope, The Mandalorian is about 5 years after Return of the Jedi. 

I missed Rebels when it aired, very excited to run through that over the next few weeks. 

Is there something that lists all the video content (shows and movies) in chronological order?  I wouldn't mind watching all of that in order leading up to Ep. IX.

37 minutes ago, AAABatteries said:

Is there something that lists all the video content (shows and movies) in chronological order?  I wouldn't mind watching all of that in order leading up to Ep. IX.

The best order to watch all the Star Wars movies and shows.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.polygon.com/platform/amp/2019/11/13/20959862/star-wars-watch-order-disney-plus-movies-shows-chronological-skywalker-saga

• Like 2

Just watched.  First 2 episodes were pretty good.

I worry about the long term viability of the show though.  30 minute episodes are way short for a series like this.  On a premium channel this kind of show is always an hour.  I think it's because you have basically no supporting characters alongside a main character that has a permanent helmet on and basically no way to convey emotion/personality.  So we're limited to action scene after action scene which can't go on for an hour an episode.

I'm just not sure how sustainable that really is.

15 hours ago, AAABatteries said:

I think 8 is right - I thought the first one was closer to an hour but maybe it just seemed that way.

The first one had such a high dose of “main character walks slowly from place to place” between sparse action scenes that it felt like it was an hour long.  Got considerably livelier in the second ep.

Jawas are awesome and that second episode was great.  

At this point I'd be totally ok with Abrams scrapping what he has for Episode 9, and just have Baby Yoda come in out of nowhere and save the day. 

Favreau seems to be totally in tune with what a Star Wars movie/series should look and feel like.  Give him a trilogy please.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, TheIronSheik said:

So will this series lead us to find out what race Yoda was?

I read, and don’t know how true it is, that Lucas won’t allow them to divulge that. It was in the contract when sold (allegedly). 

15 minutes ago, Capella said:

I read, and don’t know how true it is, that Lucas won’t allow them to divulge that. It was in the contract when sold (allegedly). 

Wow.  What a strange thing to do.  So we'll never get that answer?  I don't normally say this about Star Wars stuff, but that's dumb.  

2 minutes ago, TheIronSheik said:

Wow.  What a strange thing to do.  So we'll never get that answer?  I don't normally say this about Star Wars stuff, but that's dumb.  

I don’t know, it is weird. The article I read (think it was Friday, can’t find it now) said he was more protective of Yoda’s background and storyline than anything else. For what Disney paid I am surprised they would agree to any limitations at all but maybe it’s not even true and they disclose it this season. 

• Like 1

Question for SW nerds: Was it known from other sources that other Yodas existed and that maybe this baby Yoda existed? Or is this something they just recently made up for this series? I ask because the first thing that came to my mind when seeing baby Yoda was when Yoda said: "No, there is another." That was in Empire, right? Or was it ROTJ? Anyway, I always assumed that was referring to Leia, but could it have been referring to this baby Yoda the whole time and that's just now being revealed to those of us who haven't read every thing related to Star Wars?

• Thinking 1
1 minute ago, dgreen said:

Question for SW nerds: Was it known from other sources that other Yodas existed and that maybe this baby Yoda existed? Or is this something they just recently made up for this series? I ask because the first thing that came to my mind when seeing baby Yoda was when Yoda said: "No, there is another." That was in Empire, right? Or was it ROTJ? Anyway, I always assumed that was referring to Leia, but could it have been referring to this baby Yoda the whole time and that's just now being revealed to those of us who haven't read every thing related to Star Wars?

I can't answer this fully (and I'm sure you'll get a better answer here from others) but I looked up to see what race Yoda was and it said he was a one off and there was no back story.  

BUT...

And this is where I think it's confusing, but when Disney bought the franchise, a lot of the material was basically erased and called not canon.  So maybe there was, but it might not have stayed canon after the sale. :shrug:

• Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, Capella said:

I think the only other yoda known was a female called yaddle in ep 1 or 2. In a few Jedi council scenes and then never seen again.  As far as I know this is only the third one of the species we’ve seen. 

So it's entirely possible that Yoda left his gal and baby. No wonder he was living in essentially backwoods bama, hiding from them - not from the empire.

• Like 5
  • Laughing 1
1 minute ago, Nick Vermeil said:

I predict he takes off the helmet at the end of episode 3.  He'll have to make out with someone at some point.  Seems like a waste of an actor if we aren't going to see his face at least occasionally.  

His skull was crushed by The Mountain, hence the helmet.

Just now, TheIronSheik said:

Not sure I understand why people care so much about him taking off the helmet.  

I don’t either. Vader leaving his mask on was cool AF. Kylo Ren took his off and we all laughed. Just leave it on. 

• Like 7
2 minutes ago, Capella said:

I don’t either. Vader leaving his mask on was cool AF. Kylo Ren took his off and we all laughed. Just leave it on. 

Vader wasn't onscreen the entire time. I think if you are in every screen we gotta see your face from time to time.  

2 hours ago, dgreen said:

NVM. I forgot that in ROTJ Luke is talking to Obi Wan about how Yoda said there was "another" and that's when Luke finds out Leia is his sister. I don't think there's any way that Yoda's line in Empire was in reference to anything other than Leia. Not sure if they'll try to paint baby Yoda as "another" in Mandalorian. Actually,my guess is something bad is going to have to happen to baby Yoda,. Would be weird to have this character in this timeline who is then not around at all for episodes 7-9.

17 minutes ago, dgreen said:

NVM. I forgot that in ROTJ Luke is talking to Obi Wan about how Yoda said there was "another" and that's when Luke finds out Leia is his sister. I don't think there's any way that Yoda's line in Empire was in reference to anything other than Leia. Not sure if they'll try to paint baby Yoda as "another" in Mandalorian. Actually,my guess is something bad is going to have to happen to baby Yoda,. Would be weird to have this character in this timeline who is then not around at all for episodes 7-9.

Yea would be weird to ret-con that for baby yoda. We all know what it meant. 

Edited by Capella

While watching Chapter 2 with my 8-year-old son (who is pretty knowledgeable about all things SW):

"Dad, Jawas are basically Minions."

The jabbering, laughing, clumsiness, herd-like lifestyle... yep, pretty much.

I'm 46 and never made the connection.:doh:

• Laughing 1
On 11/17/2019 at 9:43 AM, -OZ- said:

Grr

Fell asleep maybe 15 minutes into ep2. Woke up with it over.

Did anything happen? 

Baby Yoda could be big for marketing

If only there were a way to watch the part of the episode that you missed...

On 11/14/2019 at 11:17 PM, KarmaPolice said:

Almost as bad as people complaining about other people voicing an opinion about a movie or TV show.  

There's a button on the remote somewhere that changes the channel. It's not that hard. Or I guess you could just keep watching to have something to complain about. It's your call. 

• Like 1
21 hours ago, dgreen said:

So there is more to this. At the end of Phantom Menace when they are having the parade on Naboo and we see Anakin for the first time in his Jedi gear, they are all standing on some steps at the end of the parade route. There is a very short creature with very Yoda like ears. In fact, he standing just to the side of Yoda and is a little taller. The only thing is, he has regular human skin tone. He's not green. But one could argue, prior to the Mandalorian being released, that the Yoda species turns green over time. Sort of like living long enough to have liver spots completely envelop the outer skin. And of course, Yoda species would get shorter over time, so the height discrepancy is not an issue. Maybe the pink guy is only 200. 700 years later he would be green and shorter.

This is the best pic I could find. 

47 minutes ago, TheFanatic said:

So there is more to this. At the end of Phantom Menace when they are having the parade on Naboo and we see Anakin for the first time in his Jedi gear, they are all standing on some steps at the end of the parade route. There is a very short creature with very Yoda like ears. In fact, he standing just to the side of Yoda and is a little taller. The only thing is, he has regular human skin tone. He's not green. But one could argue, prior to the Mandalorian being released, that the Yoda species turns green over time. Sort of like living long enough to have liver spots completely envelop the outer skin. And of course, Yoda species would get shorter over time, so the height discrepancy is not an issue. Maybe the pink guy is only 200. 700 years later he would be green and shorter.

I don’t think that is the same species. 

The lack of dialogue was a little odd in episode 2. I like this so far, but I am not blown away. 

1 hour ago, TheFanatic said:

That is not the same.  The only "Yoda species" shown on either film or live action tv besides Yoda and baby Yoda was Yaddle.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Yaddle

2 hours ago, TheFanatic said:

There's a button on the remote somewhere that changes the channel. It's not that hard. Or I guess you could just keep watching to have something to complain about. It's your call. 

Some of you guys sure get prickly when there is something in a TV thread that isn't just talking about how great the show is.  I said I thought it was OK, was just hoping for something different.  If I truly don't like something (The Boys), I stop watching.   Not sure what the point of posts like "you don't love The Madalorian, how can you get through a day and enjoy anything" are.  

1 minute ago, KarmaPolice said:

Some of you guys sure get prickly when there is something in a TV thread that isn't just talking about how great the show is.  I said I thought it was OK, was just hoping for something different.  If I truly don't like something (The Boys), I stop watching.   Not sure what the point of posts like "you don't love The Madalorian, how can you get through a day and enjoy anything" are.  

Listen here, buddy!  How dare you have an opinion that doesn't conform to everyone else's?!?  Either you love everything the majority does or you're as evil as Hitler! :angry:

1 minute ago, KarmaPolice said:

I am sure some of this is spillover from GOT.... 

I don't watch that so I don't know.  I just think it's funny that in this day and age if you don't agree with everyone, you're wrong.  

I got your back, GB. :thumbup:

5 minutes ago, TheIronSheik said:

I don't watch that so I don't know.  I just think it's funny that in this day and age if you don't agree with everyone, you're wrong.  

I got your back, GB. :thumbup:

Not even that people are wrong, just that if they criticize TV shows they evidently can't enjoy anything (nevermind the praise I heap on movies in the other thread or shows like Atypical and After Life).  I guess Star War and GoT is where the line in the sand is drawn.  ;)

15 minutes ago, KarmaPolice said:

Not even that people are wrong, just that if they criticize TV shows they evidently can't enjoy anything (nevermind the praise I heap on movies in the other thread or shows like Atypical and After Life).  I guess Star War and GoT is where the line in the sand is drawn.  ;)

I am guilty of feeling this probably more than anyone else but some times when the criticizing gets too much (as happens in nearly every tv or movie thread) it can sometimes be read as calling the people who like a show idiots because they can't see all the obvious flaws in it.  I don't think most people who criticize feel that way but it can easily be interpreted that way.

I usually just bail on a thread when it gets to that point.

As a side note, I personally have no understanding why people who don't like a show/movie/sport/recipe/anything feel the need to come into threads about said topics and repeatedly tell people why they hate these things.  I more lean towards finding threads on topics I enjoy.

Edited by NewlyRetired
  • Like 2