What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2018 - How did I do thread (1 Viewer)

I'm not sure why you say that???? After 3 weeks Ekeler is RB 14 and Allen is RB 11 and thats with back up duties for both...  What is not to like about that from guys you got in round 12 or later and round 16..  Those guys win you weeks starting this week with byes....  David Johnson is RB 20 for what its worth...

Now if either Gordon or Collins goes down not only are they league winners but possibly event winners mixed in with your stud players..

It’s 3 games.  He’s never going to get enough volume to be a consistent producer.   With a healthy Gordon, he’s getting 10 touches/game and never sniffing the GL.  Starting a 10-touch rb is pretty dicey imo.    Gordon goes down, all bets are off.  

Well that was a horrendous week.  

Season likely ended for a bunch of teams.

Main team plummeted fast.  3-0 to 3-4.   Yikes.  Thomas and Theilen going to waste surrounded by trash/injured guys.  

Special thanks to Bell/Fournette/Freeman/ and Howard for destroying 1/2 my teams. 

Down to a couple gems now only.   Which also happen to be in 2 of my toughest leagues.  When it rains..

Well that was a horrendous week.  

Season likely ended for a bunch of teams.

Main team plummeted fast.  3-0 to 3-4.   Yikes.  Thomas and Theilen going to waste surrounded by trash/injured guys.  

Special thanks to Bell/Fournette/Freeman/ and Howard for destroying 1/2 my teams. 

Down to a couple gems now only.   Which also happen to be in 2 of my toughest leagues.  When it rains..
Lots of teams at 4-3 and 3-4.  My favorite team is in the top 1,000 and is 3-4.  Jeeze.

A few at 6-1 and 5-2.  Ironically, one 5-2 team has Cook and Fournette.  Murray, Yeldon, Conner, Mitch, Jeffery, Diggs, Boy Ridley...

Nothing sweeter then watching your teams out of contention putting up 220+.   

Big Len welcome back!  About 7 weeks too late.  A main team with Watson/Fournette/A Jones/Thielen/Thomas and will be watching from the sidelines.  

?

Yeah.  

Da Gildz said:
Nothing sweeter then watching your teams out of contention putting up 220+.   

Big Len welcome back!  About 7 weeks too late.  A main team with Watson/Fournette/A Jones/Thielen/Thomas and will be watching from the sidelines.  

?
Definitely learned that this competition is not about patience.  I have ridiculous team with Johnson on it.  He's sunk me all year... then all of a sudden 200 points.  My D Cook L Fournette team is in the playoffs as of now at 7-3 w/ a solid 150 pt total, FWIW.  

Anyhow, yeah, cannot draft guys that are going to "emerge" in this competition or have to worry about offenses that need to resolve stuff.  Need to win early and often and put up points early and often.  Learned a lot this year, but that is a key lesson.

So, in the spirit of the title of the thread, how did everyone actually do?
16 of 21 teams made the playoffs. 10 finished 1st or 2nd and made champ round.   Three teams finished #25, 72 and 93 out of 7800.  Ten teams in Top 950.  My one Main Event team rallied huge tonight to win best record and points for the prize sweep.  Only 3 bad teams. The other 18 went 139-69.

I had four teams this year (2 main event and 2 fbg). Both of my main event teams advanced to the playoffs with one coming in second in the regular season (may be tough this week though as that team has hill and Gurley). 1 of my other 2 teams made the playoffs. It looked like all 4 would make it but one of my teams had a stinker this week and just missed making it on points. Onward to week 12. Good luck to everyone 

Pretty rough year for da Gildz.  At least results wise.   Had a bunch of ~ 145 pt teams that all missed.  Usually you get a couple of those slip in.  Just was in really tough leagues this year.  Couple Bell teams mixed in just to salt the wound.  2 teams in. 1 looks like a legit contender to me.   The other is solid but not sure it has the juice to contend.  Plugged in a bye last night to drop out of 3 slot.  (Had 4 locked up).  The 2 seed has Conner/Zeke/Mixon.   Yikes.  Wanted to avoid that.  Will probably  backfire like my fantasy season this year.

GL to all and happy holidays.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty good year for my first year trying to seriously compete at FF.  12 of 21 teams made playoffs with 5 first place finishes and 1 second place finish.  Had two miss the playoffs by 3 and 7 points.  Had 3 or 4 really bad teams too, and had a few that could have sneaked in but just ran out of gas at the end of the season.

6 teams in the top 1,000 (all of which were my teams with top finishes in their respective leagues), but did not break the top 100 anywhere, which was disappointing.  I am heavily invested in Hill, Cooks, Gurley, Hunt and Mahomes (yes last night pushed a couple teams into regular season 'ships) - which explains the good performances - but has me worried about playoffs for a couple of my best teams due to the Week 12 bye. 

Many lessons learned this year, and one of them is don't stack studs with a week 12 bye in these higher stakes competitions.

Good luck in the playoffs and beyond all... hope someone participating on this board breaks it... check back in a few weeks.

On to the playoffs!

Good first week of the playoffs with all three of my teams that were in the playoffs advancing to the championship (2 main and 1 fbg). Only scored 117 in one where I was missing Gurley and hill but managed to sneak by with a .1 point win. Hoping for the best in week 13 and beyond. Good luck to everyone! 

Good first week of the playoffs with all three of my teams that were in the playoffs advancing to the championship (2 main and 1 fbg). Only scored 117 in one where I was missing Gurley and hill but managed to sneak by with a .1 point win. Hoping for the best in week 13 and beyond. Good luck to everyone! 
Congrats!

2 of my teams made it to the FPC league playoffs. Week 1 result: 1 win, 1 loss (my losing team actually tied, 167.60 each, but lost on the regular season tot points tiebreaker).

Also have 1 playoff team in the rtsports TFC contest (very similar to FPC, but no 1.5 pt premium for TEs). This is playoff week 1. Unfortunately, I'm off to a bad start w/Brees. 

2 Ships out of 21 teams and 12 teams in the playoffs.  6 teams in the Championship round.  A little better than my fair share, but disappointed... a lot of bad luck in playoffs.  Kareem Hunt, Trubisky, Melvin, Kamara and Hill, all of whom I have ubiquitously, crushed during the regular season but did not help at all yesterday.  Of course the guy who started Justin Jackson nosed by my Gordon team.  Actually, none of my teams really showed up in the Championship game.. even teams averaging 170 + pts for the regular season performed poorly.  Sucked, but pretty close to free rolling with 6 teams in the C'Ship round, so cannot complain too much.

Lots of lessons for next year, both in drafting and in season management.  Oh well... good luck to everyone in the Championship round!  Glad to have 6 teams still competing!

Got one in the dance.

QB - D. Watson, J. Driskell

RB - C. McCaffrey, P. Lindsay, S. Michel, J. Samuels, L. Murray, D. Williams

TE - J. Graham, G. Everett, M. LaCosse

WR - D. Hopkins, A. Cooper, T. Lockett, C. Samuel, A. Miller, J. Reynolds

K - S. Gostkowski

D - Bears, Broncos

My most complete team in the dance -

QB - Trubisky, Bortles (ran out of FAAB to replace him, still won the league championship without a QB)

RB - T Gurley, K Johnson, AP, K Drake, L Blount, D Henry, W Smallwood

WR - T Hill, B Cooks, J Edelman, DJ Moore, M Williams

TE - G Kittle, J Smith

K - K Fairbairn, A Rosas

DEF - WAS, NYJ

Here’s my best chance:

QB: Cousins, Jackson, Prescott 

RB: Kamara, Lindsay, Ware, Lewis, Penny, Mcguire

WR: Hill, Gordon, Golloday, Shepard 

TE: Burton/Higbee

Def: New Eng/Buff 

K: Elliot/Gould

Lost AJ Green as well.  Would have made this one really potent.  Hoping Gordon saved his monsters for the champ rds.  

Probably should have remembered there’s a toilet bowl in this thing.  Have a team that would be 4th OA with Barkley/McCaffrey/Chubb/Lindsay.  Only I left 2 dead spots in the lineup last 2 weeks.  Including the QB with Chubb on bench.   Sick Toilet bowl brag.   Probably threw away 1500.   Why couldn’t this team find its way into a crappy league?

Derrick Henry?!!  Completely worthless all year only to blowup week 14 of course.  Against JAX of all teams.  

Can’t.make.it.up.  

16 of 21 teams made the playoffs. 10 finished 1st or 2nd and made champ round.   Three teams finished #25, 72 and 93 out of 7800.  Ten teams in Top 950.  My one Main Event team rallied huge tonight to win best record and points for the prize sweep.  Only 3 bad teams. The other 18 went 139-69.
10 teams made championship game and six won. 

11 teams in Week 14-16 championship round.  Two of the teams have a real shot IMO. Both Have Zeke, who has a great schedule.

Main event huge rally team.... Wound up with prize sweep. Lost first game of playoffs.  No sweep and I would have lost finals by a point.

leftcoastheel said:
LOL.  My A. Cooper, Kittles, D Henry, A Ekeler team is ripping it up!  Hahaha, who would have thunk???
Well #### did you start them all???

What place you sitting in?

Well #### did you start them all???

What place you sitting in?
I unfortunately sat Henry AND CHICAGO 😩.  But I have 170 points with Cousins and SEA left to go.  

Also have Samuels/Connor and M Gordon and D Adams.  Could have had a 250 point + week.  #$%@^#$%^#$!

What's your team name man, have a team in top 100 but made a horrible coaching decision and cost me 17 points!!!  Would of been top 30.

sitting in 4th for the Main Event though and have a real shot at taking that down!!!

What's your team name man, have a team in top 100 but made a horrible coaching decision and cost me 17 points!!!  Would of been top 30.

sitting in 4th for the Main Event though and have a real shot at taking that down!!!
FF Investments LLC I.  My coaching decisions on this team cost me 70 points this week, so I wouldn't feel too bad about you losing 17 points.  It's in 213th place with Cousins and SEA to go.  Pretty sure I'd be in first place this week if I'd played Henry and CHI... with two players left to go.  LOL.  I will be starting them Henry and CHI going forward!

What team is yours that is competing?

Good luck in the Main Event... I am parlaying my Championship winnings into Main Event seats next year.  Already got three seats.  Big gamble, but a shot $500,000 is too much to pass up.  Hopefully I'll have enough winnings to buy 12 - 15 FFPC teams too without putting more $$$ in.

Well I am officially on suicide watch.  Team in 45th place... and I sat Henry for Peyton freaking Barber, 'cause I thought the matchup was better.

I'd be 0.13 points out of first had I started Henry... and I'd be in FIRST had I started CHI and Henry.  Which I seriously contemplated, but just couldn't do against my Rams.

Headed down the street for stiff cocktail.

Well I am officially on suicide watch.  Team in 45th place... and I sat Henry for Peyton freaking Barber, 'cause I thought the matchup was better.

I'd be 0.13 points out of first had I started Henry... and I'd be in FIRST had I started CHI and Henry.  Which I seriously contemplated, but just couldn't do against my Rams.

Headed down the street for stiff cocktail.
You can’t really be that upset over Henry.  Come on.  The guy didn’t rush for 60 yds in any game this season.  Not to mention he’s a complete 0 in the passing game.  2 rec’s is his max all year.  The guy averaged 8 ppg for crying out loud. Anyone who started Henry was basically forced to due to injuries and wanted to puke entering him into their lineups prior to Thurs nite.  It sucks seeing that on your bench but it’s no different then any other scrub on your bench going off.  

Now when u plug him in for next week and he goes 12-33 with no score, then it will really sting  

GL  

You can’t really be that upset over Henry.  Come on.  The guy didn’t rush for 60 yds in any game this season.  Not to mention he’s a complete 0 in the passing game.  2 rec’s is his max all year.  The guy averaged 8 ppg for crying out loud. Anyone who started Henry was basically forced to due to injuries and wanted to puke entering him into their lineups prior to Thurs nite.  It sucks seeing that on your bench but it’s no different then any other scrub on your bench going off.  

Now when u plug him in for next week and he goes 12-33 with no score, then it will really sting  

GL  
LOL true, true, true, but it still stings - I'd be LEADING this thing - AND P Barber vs. D Henry was a toss up and I made the wrong pick.  A good team otherwise that went off and the wrong 2nd flex pick.  That simple.

And everyone putting up big points has some random crap like that happening.  What I thought were my best teams - lead by Kamara and Gurley, crapped the bed this week.

Yup, it’s like a completely different season. I’m assuming whoever wins this is probably coming from the bottom of the regular season list since so many key performers are now injured or underperforming. 

Yup, it’s like a completely different season. I’m assuming whoever wins this is probably coming from the bottom of the regular season list since so many key performers are now injured or underperforming. 
Agreed.  All my teams with Kamara, Connor, Gordon/Ekeler, Gurley... not so hot...

Sitting in 12th right now. Gonna fall some today. Hopefully can keep it in reach for a shot next week.
Was sitting in 14th after Mike Williams.  Then fell back to 57th after everybody played yesterday (no players but Mike Williams & Butker thus far).

Hopefully I can get back in contention by end of week.

Injuries and underperformance of key players have been so brutal.  Whoever wins this thing is going to have one seriously random team, probably lead by Zeke and Kittle. 

Speaking of which, good call on Williams in the last weeks of the regular season.  I started him in the semis of my big-$$$ corporate league, after having burned through Hunt and Ware, along with Fairbarn and Mahomes.  Nice start to the week...

Looks like you got into contention. That's you in 6th right? Good job.

Im in 100th with McCaffrey going tonight.
That's me, yes.  Should slide a few slots with a few guys near me with Kamara and DJ Moore tonight, but I hope to stay in the top 10-15 and be able to make a run next week.  Good luck with McCaff.  I have a team in 89th place, but no one left, so you will lap me tonight and that team will fall back.  It's a good team.  Too bad about the likes of Hill/Cooks/Kittle this week... stacked bench too and I started the wrong guys >:(.

GL w/ MNF all.

That's me, yes.  Should slide a few slots with a few guys near me with Kamara and DJ Moore tonight, but I hope to stay in the top 10-15 and be able to make a run next week.  Good luck with McCaff.  I have a team in 89th place, but no one left, so you will lap me tonight and that team will fall back.  It's a good team.  Too bad about the likes of Hill/Cooks/Kittle this week... stacked bench too and I started the wrong guys >:(.

GL w/ MNF all.
Good luck.

How is the prize structure?  Is it really top heavy where it's pretty much 1st or 2nd or bust (meaning 5th thru 100th are about the same) or does it decline steadily where 5th is a nice payout and a relatively small drop off from first and 100th is peanuts?

Good luck.

How is the prize structure?  Is it really top heavy where it's pretty much 1st or 2nd or bust (meaning 5th thru 100th are about the same) or does it decline steadily where 5th is a nice payout and a relatively small drop off from first and 100th is peanuts?
Pretty top heavy.  You need to be in the top 10 and have had a good season in-season to really profit financially.  This is all about the grand prize... Payout schedule here: http://myffpc.com/ffpccontent/play/footballguys-players-championship/prize-structure/.

Main Event is going to be great next year with a $500,000 grand prize.

Heading in at the 7th position.  Going to have some tough decisions this week with Melvin/Ekeler and Conner/Samuels.  Going to take a ton of luck to even finish in the top 10.

Of course Coots the mastermind is hanging out in 15th, so I can only assume he will win... ;).

In reality this appears to be wide open.  Anyone in the top 30 that puts up 200 + could take it down.  

Pretty top heavy.  You need to be in the top 10 and have had a good season in-season to really profit financially.  This is all about the grand prize... Payout schedule here: http://myffpc.com/ffpccontent/play/footballguys-players-championship/prize-structure/.

Heading in at the 7th position.  Going to have some tough decisions this week with Melvin/Ekeler and Conner/Samuels.  Going to take a ton of luck to even finish in the top 10.

Of course Coots the mastermind is hanging out in 15th, so I can only assume he will win... ;).

In reality this appears to be wide open.  Anyone in the top 30 that puts up 200 + could take it down.  
Couple bad coaching mistakes are costing me.. Ughh and Allen going down with a zero hurt my ME team..

Sitting 15th in FBGs and 8th in ME..  Hoping for a gigantic week 16..  Going to be fun no matter what..  Good Luck Leftcoast

Wow...$250,000 to $30,000 is insane.  Good luck, I hope you end up on the right side of the equation.

I’m a little further back than you guys. In 34th. 

Good luck to you both (and whoever else is in the hunt) next week. 

Couple bad coaching mistakes are costing me.. Ughh and Allen going down with a zero hurt my ME team..

Sitting 15th in FBGs and 8th in ME..  Hoping for a gigantic week 16..  Going to be fun no matter what..  Good Luck Leftcoast
Good luck Coots, Pirate and all the other guys competing today/tomorrow.  Will be tough to catch the top guys, but who knows what will happen.

Will be fun for sure!

Welp, my team crapped the bed this week.  Went into the week in the 6th place, will finish top 40'ish with another team in the top 450... see everybody next year...

Users who are viewing this thread