What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 Team Defense & Defense by Committee Thread (7 Viewers)

Rams or browns? 

The mess in Cincy could make for a very nice game for Garrett and co.
I think I still go Rams on the belief they are the superior unit and LA (as a team) is looking to get the taste of some losses out of their mouth. That game should be a beat-down Gurley or not. Browns home should be solid, too, though.

Good problem to have, IMO.

They were solid last night.
Had 'em and dropped em before the game last night. I figured they would make life difficult for LA a little bit but wasn't convinced it would translate into a lot of fantasy points. Whoops.

Curious as a homer if you think better then miami? 
I had Miami in, then changed my mind to the Colts.  Just call it a hunch.  The fantasy Gods came to me in my sleep and I saw Darius Leonard standing in the end zone holding the ball.

• Smile
Reactions: Neo
Wrestling with these choices, too, among others. NE home vs Buf initially caught my eye. Bills are at/near the top of the list of most friendly to opposing DST. I looked a little closer and that might be a little misleading, though. They gave up some big games early in the year but have been better of late. In fact, (in my league's scoring) since their BYE, they have given up games of 1, 7, 5, and 0 to opposing DST. I still think NE DST home vs an offense lead by a rookie QB, 4th string RB, and WRs most folks have never heard of is a solid play. Just might not be as appealing as initially thought.

With TB, always have the possibility Winston is the turnover machine he's been often in his career. And Dallas should be able to sack him. That said, Balt DST only managed 2 pts off TB in Balt last week. I am a little gunshy on that one (which probably means its the play :P  ).

Cleveland has some momentum and some playmakers on D and home vs a rookie QB and injured WR corps. Mixon is about it for Cinci at this point. I am intrigued by this matchup.
:doh:

Last edited by a moderator:
I did 17 leagues this year.  Reached for the Jags defense in 1-2 leagues.  Drafted Baltimore Defense in several leagues where I felt they were a good value pick.  

I streamed for big chunks of the season in just about every league.  

Lesson:  Don't over-invest into Team Def

Experiments like this one are great.

Except for the builtin assumption that I can pick from all 32 team defenses each week for my starter, and don’t have to deal with 12-20 already rostered and with 11 other owners competing with me for picking up the weekly best ones.  Which makes this exercise kind of worthless.  

If I could pick the best QB matchup every week I’d do pretty well at QB too.  

Cowboys look nice if you want to try to grab someone for the first few weeks:  NYG, WSH, MIA

Pats actually quite nice through weeks 2-7: MIA, NYJ, BUF, WSH, NYG, NYJ (again)

Chicago also pretty good through week 5, but you will likely have to pay through the nose to draft them.

Cowboys look nice if you want to try to grab someone for the first few weeks:  NYG, WSH, MIA

Pats actually quite nice through weeks 2-7: MIA, NYJ, BUF, WSH, NYG, NYJ (again)

Chicago also pretty good through week 5, but you will likely have to pay through the nose to draft them.
Thanks for this, reminds me I need to spend more time looking at early season schedules.

Pats seem like a great value pick. They’re sort of my default in the 14th-15th rnd if Hou, Cle & the Saints are off the board. I also like the Bills. Denver seems to be in the middle of those as well - think those 5 are the ECR 8-12. I don’t want invest anymore but I also don’t want anything worse.

@Long Ball Larry how will the Eagles D be this year from a fantasy perspective?

BobbyLayne said:
Thanks for this, reminds me I need to spend more time looking at early season schedules.

Pats seem like a great value pick. They’re sort of my default in the 14th-15th rnd if Hou, Cle & the Saints are off the board. I also like the Bills. Denver seems to be in the middle of those as well - think those 5 are the ECR 8-12. I don’t want invest anymore but I also don’t want anything worse.

@Long Ball Larry how will the Eagles D be this year from a fantasy perspective?
eh, my personal feeling is that they will be a work in progress.  They have talent but they are dealing with a number of injuries right now, so I expect it will take them a bit of time to round into form.  I think that if they get rolling, they could be real, but would not count on it.

Reports are that Sidney Jones is looking good and Malik Jackson should help get good push inside.  DE is a little thin/unproven and LB is their biggest weakness as usual.  The secondary overall should be deeper once Darby is fully back, but you've got he and McLeod both coming back from major injuries.  2 of their projected starting LBs probably won't even play until the regular season starts. 

With a DAL and NE stack you don't have to play any teams other than NYG, NYJ, MIA, WAS, and Buf for the first 7 weeks of the season.

If the NYJ defense ends up being competent they have JAC, MIA, NYG, WAS, OAK, CIN, MIA for weeks 8-14.  

Also NE has CIn and Buf weeks 15,16

This is the perfect year to stream your defense.  There's four teams (Mia, nyg, was, cin) who should all be terrible on offense this season and should provide their opponents with a plethora of points.

Using the Giants/Jets combo:

1 - BUF/DAL, 2 - BUF/CLE, 3 - NE/TB, 4 - WAS/BYE, 5 - MIN/PHI, 6 - DAL/NE, 7 - ARI/NE, 8 - DET/JAX, 9 - DAL/MIA, 10 - NYG/NYJ, 11 - WAS/BYE, 12 - CHI/OAK, 13 - CIN/GB, 14 - MIA/PHI, 15 - BAL/MIA, 16 - PIT/WAS

Their byes couldn't mesh any better, as you get 2 games vs the Redskins.

Users who are viewing this thread