What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 Team Defense & Defense by Committee Thread (7 Viewers)

Played the Eagles for the first 3 weeks. Despite being a lousy real defense, they did rack up the points (in 2 games) with sacks. 

Trying texans this week (unless they don't play). Still don't have a feel for who's good or bad yet. 

Last edited by a moderator:
anyone like the Chiefs defense? on my waiver and thinking about picking up considering the next 4-5 games. This week against NE is a little dicey but I think they can do well

Own Arizona who’s been meh, but has Jets next week.

I rarely carry two defenses, but have the change to drop Gage who was a one week flyer and pickup Denver for this week in a must win situation.

That Thursday night game almost feels like a trap to me with Denver starting their QB3 who could put the jets in some decent field position. 

But Denver is favored away and a low 40 point spread.
I'm in the same situation holding AZ and considering DEN.  

I'm in the same situation holding AZ and considering DEN.  
I have both of those as well. And I never carry two defenses. I just saw the opportunity to play the jets twice in a row. I’m in last place at 1-2 with the least points scored so I need a win now. I think I’m rolling Denver this week and Arizona next week otherwise I need to drop Denver now and move on to another waiver flyer.

Broncos Defense Enters Streaming Conversation In Week 4

The Denver Broncos Defense has been decimated by injuries through three weeks. It started with Von Miller (ankle) suffering a season-ending injury just before Week 1, and it continued with cornerback A.J. Bouye in Week 1 and defensive tackle Jurrell Casey last week. Despite all the injuries, Denver's D will be a fantasy streaming option on Thursday night against a Jets offense that is similarly beat up. New York ranks 32nd in overall offense (263.7 yards per game), 28th in rushing (88.3 yards per game), 31st in passing (175.3) and 32nd in scoring offense (12.3 points per game). The Jets have allowed opposing fantasy defenses to score 10 points per game through three weeks, which is tops in the NFL. Hopefully the Broncos defense will be able to score some takeaways and get to quarterback Sam Darnold frequently.--Keith Hernandez - RotoBaller

Jets seem like a solid pickup to me. 

Denver starting their 3rd QB on the road on short rest while traveling across the country. 

I'd have to drop NE (not playable vs. KC this week) to grab them which I don't love for looking at their matchup vs. DEN next week but my plan was to go by committee and I just happened to get NE off the wire (plus NE defense has been assisted by two TD's already but they may just keep doing that because Belichick).

Jets seem like a solid pickup to me. 

Denver starting their 3rd QB on the road on short rest while traveling across the country. 

I'd have to drop NE (not playable vs. KC this week) to grab them which I don't love for looking at their matchup vs. DEN next week but my plan was to go by committee and I just happened to get NE off the wire (plus NE defense has been assisted by two TD's already but they may just keep doing that because Belichick).
Indy was assisted by two TD’s just last week! Against me. Lol.

With PIT now on a bye I am ending up getting what is left for D/ST this week.

JETS - JETS JETS JETS

Also not dropping PIT either - dropped R Gage instead. 

Other league I bid the most for a D/ST at $7 to pick up LA RAMS. Rams looked good in week 5 as well. This league I stream defenses. Other league I may just play PIT.

Team Smokin' said:
With PIT now on a bye I am ending up getting what is left for D/ST this week.

JETS - JETS JETS JETS

Also not dropping PIT either - dropped R Gage instead. 

Other league I bid the most for a D/ST at $7 to pick up LA RAMS. Rams looked good in week 5 as well. This league I stream defenses. Other league I may just play PIT.
That seemed to work well for you.

VikingFrog said:
I have both of those as well. And I never carry two defenses. I just saw the opportunity to play the jets twice in a row. I’m in last place at 1-2 with the least points scored so I need a win now. I think I’m rolling Denver this week and Arizona next week otherwise I need to drop Denver now and move on to another waiver flyer.
Well I stuck with Denver and that didn’t work out well.

A few sacks but zero turnovers.

I will say they were a punter tackle away from a punt return, and Darnold tried to gift them a pick six in the 4th on a sideline route that went off the DBs hands who jumped the route.

So it could have gone the other way pretty quickly.

Also two garbage sacks taking it from 4 to 6 points in my league makes me feel fractionally better.

Nothing worse to me than starting off Thursday with a clunker. I should have gone with my gut and pulled them.

I was shocked to see someone waived the PIT defense in my league I guess becasue of the unscheduled bye.   I didn't want to say anything in case one of them reads here but I put in a claim and got them.  Are they still considered a set them and leave them defense?

I was shocked to see someone waived the PIT defense in my league I guess becasue of the unscheduled bye.   I didn't want to say anything in case one of them reads here but I put in a claim and got them.  Are they still considered a set them and leave them defense?
I’m in the same boat. Although they come off waivers tomorrow, I’m thinking of using a waiver. Which I rarely do on a defense as I usually stream.

I have Arizona right now versus jets for next week, but Steelers versus Wentz and Philly feels awful nice. Arizona’s defensive schedule gets tough quick so they don’t have much long term value. Plus, you are bypassing the bye week for your defense Early and not having to worry about it anymore.

Weeks 7/8/9 versus Tennessee, @ BAL, @ DAL seems like the toughest part of their schedule, but TN may not be too scary and a streamer could be found for the Bal and dallas game.

I think you’ve convinced me, and I’ve convinced myself to claim them.

Played the Eagles for the first 3 weeks. Despite being a lousy real defense, they did rack up the points (in 2 games) with sacks. 

Trying texans this week (unless they don't play). Still don't have a feel for who's good or bad yet. 
This just in. Texans suck. 

I wasn't shocked to see them on the waiver wire on a short bench (4) league, but I am sure the former owner was shocked to see I used my last add (5) to pick up PIT and drop C Hyde.

I’m in the same boat. Although they come off waivers tomorrow, I’m thinking of using a waiver. Which I rarely do on a defense as I usually stream.

I have Arizona right now versus jets for next week, but Steelers versus Wentz and Philly feels awful nice. Arizona’s defensive schedule gets tough quick so they don’t have much long term value. Plus, you are bypassing the bye week for your defense Early and not having to worry about it anymore.

Weeks 7/8/9 versus Tennessee, @ BAL, @ DAL seems like the toughest part of their schedule, but TN may not be too scary and a streamer could be found for the Bal and dallas game.

I think you’ve convinced me, and I’ve convinced myself to claim them.
So, now I have PIT in two leagues and yes, it's set it and forget it. The world of streaming defenses every week or two just got a lot easier. Probably will set it and forget it every week. Now, during the BAL or DAL games I might look around lol, but it's silly cuz I want the total point package for PIT the ROS. PIT is the highest rated to finish #1 in points. I know projections are just that, but ya can't do any better at this point then PIT.

Picking up NE this week after watching that game tonight.  Worst QB play I’ve seen since middle school recess got in the way of what would have been the defensive performance of the season. 

Picking up NE this week after watching that game tonight.  Worst QB play I’ve seen since middle school recess got in the way of what would have been the defensive performance of the season. 
That is my plan now that AZ cannot be trusted against anyone.

If Cam sits again, what do we think of Denver Defense?

I was holding them for one week against the Jets (that didn’t go well) but after watching New England qb play last night I’m intrigued.

If Cam sits again, what do we think of Denver Defense?

I was holding them for one week against the Jets (that didn’t go well) but after watching New England qb play last night I’m intrigued.
I didn’t think Stidham looked that bad, the one int was underthrown but it also travelled like 50 yards in the air so I’d think with a week of practice with him as the starting QB they’d be able to work toward his strengths.

The other int was Eddelman’s fault (I think Stidham was in for that).  It wasn’t a great throw it was too high but you just catch it and get tackled by the Honey Badger for a loss you don’t let your eyes wander and cause a pick 6.

After a game like that I’d be afraid if the Patriots get up they don’t put any brakes on and take out their frustrations on the scoreboard.  Probably a high risk high reward play.

Last edited by a moderator:
bicycle_seat_sniffer said:
Im still playing az vs the jets
I grabbed them again. I went to grab cowboys based on the rankings above and they’ve scored 2 points this season under my scoring. 2!

Im not sure that’s a risk I’m willing to take.

I'm rolling with KC this week and hope to just keep them in my lineup for a while as this is their upcoming schedule:  LV, BUF, DEN, NYJ, CAR,  BYE

My league doesn't punish a D for giving up points so the BUF matchup doesn't scare me too much and the run of DEN, NYJ, CAR seems juicy.

Any thoughts on the Rams DST now that Kyle Allen is starting over Haskins for the Yellow W's?  Part of the attraction of the Rams was that Haskins so awful, Allen should at least be competent.

Users who are viewing this thread