What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 Team Defense & Defense by Committee Thread (5 Viewers)

I wanted Miami but then Thursday morning when I went to do it something in me just couldn’t do it.  Like the physical trauma of seeing Miami for the last several years paralyzed me.  Then someone else grabbed them.   :wall:

EHH

NYG @ PHI
NO vs CAR
DAL @ WSH
JAX @ LAC
CAR @ NO
DET @ ATL

NO

DEN vs KC
AZ vs SEA
TEN vs PIT
GB @ HOU
CIN vs CLE
NYJ vs BUF
HOU vs GB
LV vs TB

I'm in the same boat, though I currently have the Eagles because pickings are slim.
They are the top rated defense all over the board. It’s definitely not a wrong choice. Just one of those things where my gut says “this is too obvious”.

I tried to get Tampa who was dropped For that scary packers game, because they have just been playing up to good and bad competition since week 1.

Ended up with Chargers who have a nice game against Jax and a decent schedule moving forward.

Sarlakticacid said:
Giants have been productive for me and “good” matchups over the next few weeks 

I have the Giants going in several spots, while clutching onto INDY in a spot or two.

I correctly???? figured the NYG would do decently enough vs Washington last week, but I don't have the same confidence this week.

Debating on dropping the NYG and snagging another flavor of the week D , but damn are our wires thin.    The usual suspects are there, like HOU, TEN, GB, ATL, WAS, NYJ, CIN, JAX..............

None of which I particularly like their matchups.

Funny, I saw the SF owner got tired of their bull#### and dropped them to the wire in one spot.   I remember he was high on them and drafted them in like rd 11 or something in one league.  

If anyone can talk me out of starting the NYG tonight, and has a wire option or two, I'd like to hear it.

TZM

I have the Giants going in several spots, while clutching onto INDY in a spot or two.

I correctly???? figured the NYG would do decently enough vs Washington last week, but I don't have the same confidence this week.

Debating on dropping the NYG and snagging another flavor of the week D , but damn are our wires thin.    The usual suspects are there, like HOU, TEN, GB, ATL, WAS, NYJ, CIN, JAX..............

Funny, I saw the SF owner got tired of their bull#### and dropped them to the wire in one spot.   I remember he was high on them and drafted them in like rd 11 or something in one league.  

If anyone can talk me out of starting the NYG tonight, and has a wire option or two, I'd like to hear it.

TZM
How banged up is Philly Oline? Giants lost Mr irrelevant after his TD last week

How banged up is Philly Oline? Giants lost Mr irrelevant after his TD last week
I read it in the Miles Sanders thread where Philly has essentially lost 3-4 starters by week TWO lol on the line.

I tend to shy away from Thursday games if I can help it, but the pickings are slim for streamer defenses this year it seems.  I remember reading where "no off season" would benefit the offenses more than the defenses early on this year, and many defenses would struggle.

It looks like many are indeed struggling, but thats just a knee jerk opinion, and I haven't really delved into year over year performance.

TZM

TZM
Don't you think Washington will wreck havoc on that decimated Dallas O line and pressure Dalton to no end?

Don't you think Washington will wreck havoc on that decimated Dallas O line and pressure Dalton to no end?
Oddly enough, a buddy has been "super high" on the WAS defense all year.    That only worked out in week 1 from memory, but I can see the appeal here this week.

They are @ home, vs the Dalton led Cowboys.  (the podcasts are stating many Cowboy players are voicing displeasure at their coaching)

The one thing that the NYG have done, is they have been getting INTs, fumbles, sacks etc the last few weeks. In fact the only week they really hurt you was the SF game.

Even in week 1 vs PIT they "still" got 4 points in our scoring.

The more I look at this, I think I'll ride the NYG tonight..... then cut them next week before they face TB.

OPEN NOTE TO EVERYONE - The fact I am firing up NYG in 3/4 leagues, means Philly will break all scoring records tonight, so adjust your lineups accordingly.   :excited:

TZM

Oddly enough, a buddy has been "super high" on the WAS defense all year.    That only worked out in week 1 from memory, but I can see the appeal here this week.

They are @ home, vs the Dalton led Cowboys.  (the podcasts are stating many Cowboy players are voicing displeasure at their coaching)

The one thing that the NYG have done, is they have been getting INTs, fumbles, sacks etc the last few weeks. In fact the only week they really hurt you was the SF game.

Even in week 1 vs PIT they "still" got 4 points in our scoring.

The more I look at this, I think I'll ride the NYG tonight..... then cut them next week before they face TB.

OPEN NOTE TO EVERYONE - The fact I am firing up NYG in 3/4 leagues, means Philly will break all scoring records tonight, so adjust your lineups accordingly.   :excited:

TZM
I think Dallas rolls this week.   

I read it in the Miles Sanders thread where Philly has essentially lost 3-4 starters by week TWO lol on the line.

I tend to shy away from Thursday games if I can help it, but the pickings are slim for streamer defenses this year it seems.  I remember reading where "no off season" would benefit the offenses more than the defenses early on this year, and many defenses would struggle.

It looks like many are indeed struggling, but thats just a knee jerk opinion, and I haven't really delved into year over year performance.

TZM
Doing good enough for me so far!!

Sarlakticacid said:
Doing good enough for me so far!!
They looked good at the half, but the late scoring didn't help matters.

We still got 5 in our scoring, so while not what I was hoping for (I want 8+), its certainly isn't a "week killer" at 5 points.

But, I won't be playing them vs TB next week.   :)

Time to find the next streamer..............

TZM

Anyone considering dropping INDY?  Schedule is brutal DET BAL TEN GB TEN HOU LV HOU PIT

Detroit hasn't been turning it over and the rest of the schedule is basically unstartable except HOU whiich is average.

I have the Rams for this week but do not like the schedule following their bye next week. 

Ravens were dropped last week due to bye and play the Steelers this week but the schedule looks solid ROS. 

Any one else in this situation contemplating putting a waiver claim in for the Ravens? 

I have the Rams for this week but do not like the schedule following their bye next week. 

Ravens were dropped last week due to bye and play the Steelers this week but the schedule looks solid ROS. 

Any one else in this situation contemplating putting a waiver claim in for the Ravens? 
Ravens aren't available in my league, but if they were I would be all over them.  They just added Ngakoue to soup up their pass rush.

Does the Seahawks defense still have a chance to be good/decent when they get Adams back?    I have a playoff bound team in Dynasty and that week 14 matchup against the Jets is just screaming high FAAB bid.   The Colts have been very good to me, but their back half of the schedule is pretty brutal for fantasy.   There usually aren't great streaming options to choose from.   Have to drop Mo Allie-Cox and a decent chunk of FAAB to make it happen.

Added the Chargers last week to fill in for BAL's bye week...but they now get DEN and i'm actually debating holding onto 2 defenses this week to start LAC again... damn you 2020

I started off with San Fran and actually cut them a week ago, oops. Luckily I got them back but I can see they play Seattle, Green Bay and New orleans the next 3 weeks and a bye after that...none of those are juicy and they lose Bosa which hurts the pass rush and sacks. 

I also have Miami rostered and am looking forward to watching them the next two weeks, Rams and Cards which on paper you think Miami will be lit up but their defense especially Howard creates turnovers and lately they have been getting sacks. 1 of them over the last 4 games, 3 weeks in my league with double digits in the last 4 weeks. If Tua can make the offense click it only helps the defense take more chances which we are learning has some playmakers in it, Miami spent a fortune on the 2 Corners so in some ways this shouldn't be a total surprise. 

Arizona seems to appear and disappear on the waiver wire, not sure I like them all that much, Murray puts a lot of pressure on them but Baker is a threat to run one back, they have some playmakers as well. 

Then you have NFC East teams like Dallas and The Giants which aren't that good but they play other bad teams int he division and the games are ripe for turnovers and goofy plays. 

What are folks putting together as a game plan for the next several weeks?

Anyone looked at Weeks 14-17 for having at least one defense some owners might be overlooking? 

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone looked at Weeks 14-17 for having at least one defense some owners might be overlooking? 
Washington week 9 vs NYG

Eagles Week 10 vs NYG

Miami week 11 vs DEN and 12 vs NYJ

Seattle week 13 vs NYG and week 14 vs NYJ

Cleveland week 15 vs NYG and week 16 vs NYJ

So Seattle and Cleveland week 13 faces NYG and NYJ twice in the playoffs. Yes I’ve thought about this. The only thing is I don’t know how early to burn a roster spot to begin this plan. I’m probably going to grab Miami now since Washington nor the Eagles are available in my league.

Washington week 9 vs NYG

Eagles Week 10 vs NYG

So Seattle and Cleveland week 13 faces NYG and NYJ twice in the playoffs. Yes I’ve thought about this. The only thing is I don’t know how early to burn a roster spot to begin this plan. I’m probably going to grab Miami now since Washington nor the Eagles are available in my league.
Interesting point about Seattle’s late schedule.  They just added major pass rush from Dunlap and should have Jamaal Adams back in the coming weeks. 

ETA - Seattle closes the year with Eagles, Giants, Jets, WTFs weeks 12-15. May need someone else week 16 vs LAR, but that’s a nice stretch of matchups. 

I'm rolling with the Chargers (short term schedule + pass rush + Herbert + Denver w16) and Colts (talent + Houston w13 and 15) for now, but after Seattle picked up Dunlap this got my attention too. Looking at schedules, I figure I have 2-3 weeks to make my decision but that timeline could escalate if the Browns score this week. As bad as the unit has been they're still hovering around that 10-15 range in our game because of turnovers. 

Yeah I've been happily riding the Rams all year, but will have to drop them next week for the bye. I'm looking at

WASH. v NYG (it's the Giants) 

ATL v Denver (Lock turnover machine) 

HOU v JAX (rookie QB v JJ) 

Thoughts on Saints DST?  They face the Bears, almost certainly without Allen Robinson, and high winds will probably keep passing and scoring down.  Currently have the Rams, but they've been just so-so and Tua actually concerns me a little.

Thoughts on Saints DST?  They face the Bears, almost certainly without Allen Robinson, and high winds will probably keep passing and scoring down.  Currently have the Rams, but they've been just so-so and Tua actually concerns me a little.
I have the Rams in the Top 5 of fantasy defenses this week. Don't overthink it. Rookies rarely do well in their first starts, and especially against a very complicated look that the Rams D gives you. Expect some INTs and a few sacks - and TDs are always possible when that happens.

Washington week 9 vs NYG

Eagles Week 10 vs NYG

I grabbed Cleveland in both of my leagues 2 weeks ago. If you have a team that's looking like a playoff team, they are grabbing them now.

I drafted the Saints D and really thought they would be a top 5 defense this year. Except for week 1, they have been garbage. Warmed over garbage. 

Have the Bears this week and don't like them but better than anyone on the wire -- ARI, WFT, HOU, JAX on byes. MIA (vs Rams), CLE (vs Raiders), SEA (vs 9ers) all not better options.

Next week Bears face TEN, so looking potentially at:

• ARI (vs MIA) -- I think Tua will take some time getting settles and ARI is hitting stride. ARI faces BUF, SEA, LAR, and PHI so not a terrific ROS schedule, but they do have some good matchups against NE (assuming Cam remains shot) and PHI.
  • CIN -- I am eyeing them as after the bye in WK9, they face PIT, but then have a stretch of WAS, NYG, MIA, DAL. I don't know, but that looks fairly juicy to me.
  • CLE -- also a WK 9 bye and face HOU after which could be unpredictable, and have some tough matchups down the stretch in TEN and BAL but play JAX in WK 12 and have a great playoff schedule with NYG and NYG in weeks 15 & 16. Might look to scoop them late season.
  • HOU -- are we all out with this D? After this week they plaj JAX, CLE, NE, DET, IND, CHI, IND and CIN. That looks like a really, really favorable schedule. Are they dependable at all anymore?

Is the Miami defense startable vs the Cardinals week 10?? They’ve put up good numbers.

Ya I was just looking at Mia too. I got NE and may stick with them for next couple of weeks but may stash Mia. Also what's the outlook on Seattle with Adams coming back and Carlos in the fold? Good team to get early?

Users who are viewing this thread