What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2018 RE-DRAFT TRADES THREAD (1 Viewer)

I don't have much useful information here either except that the Cook owner in my league is 2-5 and will not move him. I haven't offered anything crazy but things that I thought would be worth it to a struggling owner and he's shot all of them down without even a counter.
 The owner I'm dealing with is 3-4, and his RBs are Cook, Hyde, Collins, Breida, Michel and Ekeler.  PLUS he is very weak at WR, and its a "start 3WR" league. (Julio Jones, DT, Chester Rogers and Godwin) And he just got Rogers off the wire to boot, he didn't use him during the only stretch that he is likely "good", when TY was out.

His season is slowly withering away, and why on Earth he didn't try and acquire Murray from me weeks ago is beyond me.  Makes no sense.

Oh well, his season is slipping away, and mine is just starting to fire up. (and Murray has helped immensely the last 2 weeks)

This is about the right time when owners are starting to panic and make some trades in re-draft.  It will be more active with trades early next week I'm betting.

TZM

Was just offered Desean Jackson and dude wanted Ingram in return.

Not horrible I guess but I couldn't hit "reject" fast enough.

Not sure who and what any of you might be getting for Murray or Cook either one, but I'd like to know if there has been any deals...............just for a value idea anyway.
I am the Cook owner in one redraft league where I'm 2-5 (these things must be related to each other, lol).  I have had zero offers for Cook, and I've tried to include him in an offer to a RB needy team where I'm going for one of his receivers, and was told "I want no part of Cook this year".  

I am the Cook owner in one redraft league where I'm 2-5 (these things must be related to each other, lol).  I have had zero offers for Cook, and I've tried to include him in an offer to a RB needy team where I'm going for one of his receivers, and was told "I want no part of Cook this year".  
Join my league! I'd like to just try to negotiate if nothing else!

Twenty-Four Eighty-Four said:
I don't have much useful information here either except that the Cook owner in my league is 2-5 and will not move him. I haven't offered anything crazy but things that I thought would be worth it to a struggling owner and he's shot all of them down without even a counter.
Same.  Cook owner is 1-6 but not budging.

I offered Brown and Collins to the Cook owner twice - but it was like 3 weeks ago.  Shut me down both times
I really don't know if I would even trade for Cook at this point.

I suppose if I had Latavius Murray and I could get Cook cheap, I might try for Cook, but its looking more and more like a wasted season for Cook. 

I'm currently enjoying in a couple leagues what Latavius Murray is doing, but I will be happy to wash my hands completely of it once Cook comes back. It might be a committee anyway.

TZM

Not sure about the rest of you, but my leagues this year have been pretty much a vast wasteland of zero trades .

I know things tend to pick up a little bit from this week going forward when owners start to get a bit antsy, but this has really been dry this year so far.

Judging from this thread, not a lot of trade action going on in most of you guys'  leagues yet so far either.

I did ask a 1-6 (last place) owner about acquiring DAVID JOHNSON last night, and he essentially said "I'm not doing well and I'm open to it, let me look tomorrow or Monday"...... thats about the only thing I have in the works.

TZM

Last edited by a moderator:
My league has a lot of the "in the middle" teams trying to secure their position.... had 2 large deals this week:

Phillip Lindsay Den - RB and Austin Ekeler LAC - RB (4-3, 6th place)

for

David Johnson Ari - RB and Dion Lewis Ten - RB (6-1, 1st place)

Stefon Diggs Min - WR, Alex Collins Bal - RB and Chris Godwin TB - WR (4-3, 4th place)

for

Brandin Cooks LAR - WR and Nick Chubb Cle - RB (4-3, 6th place and same owner who got Lindsay/Ekler)

Last edited by a moderator:
Team A's James Conner

For

Team B's Antonio Brown

Team A currently in 1st place, looking to shore up team for playoffs. Team B in last place, got the likely best 2019 keeper (any player drafted later than round 7).

Just before the season started I dealt Rex Burkhead for Jameis Winston.

with only Matty Ice & Tyrod Taylor at qb I felt like I needed to take a chance to improve my lot. 

Literally from the day the deal got accepted through week 2, it felt like I’d made a horrific mistake. Burkhead tabbed the starter, Sony Michel having knee problems & not practicing, then TB coming out saying Winston might not get his job back, etc. 

worst....trade...ever. 

Today Winston is starting for me in a plus matchup with Ryan on the BYE & Burkhead is on the IR.

As long as I live I’ll never understand this game, and I won’t pretend that I’d rather be good than lucky. Gimme lucky any time. ;)  

My league has a lot of the "in the middle" teams trying to secure their position.... had 2 large deals this week:

Phillip Lindsay Den - RB and Austin Ekeler LAC - RB (4-3, 6th place)

for

David Johnson Ari - RB and Dion Lewis Ten - RB (6-1, 1st place)

Stefon Diggs Min - WR, Alex Collins Bal - RB and Chris Godwin TB - WR (4-3, 4th place)

for

Brandin Cooks LAR - WR and Nick Chubb Cle - RB (4-3, 6th place and same owner who got Lindsay/Ekler)

Gimme the DJ/DL side in trade 1

Gimme Chubby Cooks in league 2. 

Users who are viewing this thread