What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Megyn Kelly (1 Viewer)

No.  People should be known for their their accomplishments.  A few odd comments out of hundreds of thousands does not define a person.  
While I agree with your second and third sentence, that doesn't mean that she didn't do it.  (hence your "no" isn't correct). 

And this is the most important thing -- I've made a TON of comments that I would hope won't define me.  But when called out on them, if I don't acknowledge them as wrong, are they still "odd comments"?  I've yet to hear her say that this was wrong.

I can TOTALLY be ok with her saying "Santa is a white guy," (even if I don't  agree with the need to say it).  Because traditionally that is how he was portrayed.

But "jesus was a white guy"?  That's weird.  She should absolutely be called out for it.  And if she doesn't address it, it should mean something. 

Plus, after a while, a pattern starts to emerge . . . 

Plus, it kind of goes back to what she and Maher talked about, the whole idea of judging someone based off of their worst moment and wanting to cancel them because of it.  
Right, but has she "apologized" for this "worst moment?  Or even addressed it?  If so, I'd be happy to re-assess. 

My recollection of her career at Fox is as a "culture warrior."  That was her shtick, and she hasn't been able to shake it, even after she came "mainstream."  It's identify politics.  She is what she is. 

While I agree with your second and third sentence, that doesn't mean that she didn't do it.  (hence your "no" isn't correct). 

And this is the most important thing -- I've made a TON of comments that I would hope won't define me.  But when called out on them, if I don't acknowledge them as wrong, are they still "odd comments"?  I've yet to hear her say that this was wrong.

I can TOTALLY be ok with her saying "Santa is a white guy," (even if I don't  agree with the need to say it).  Because traditionally that is how he was portrayed.

But "jesus was a white guy"?  That's weird.  She should absolutely be called out for it.  And if she doesn't address it, it should mean something. 

Plus, after a while, a pattern starts to emerge . . . 
No was in response to the question you asked, not denying what she said. 

However, nothing really offensive about her statement.  Jews are not a race.  Many Jews consider themselves white.  So it may not be a historical fact, but it is a real if not likily possibility. 

Right, but has she "apologized" for this "worst moment?  Or even addressed it?  If so, I'd be happy to re-assess. 

My recollection of her career at Fox is as a "culture warrior."  That was her shtick, and she hasn't been able to shake it, even after she came "mainstream."  It's identify politics.  She is what she is. 
I have no idea if she apologized, but does it really matter? Cable news hosts go unchecked 99.99% of the time when they say something controversial or shocking. 

I have no idea if she apologized, but does it really matter? Cable news hosts go unchecked 99.99% of the time when they say something controversial or shocking. 
Sure, but she's gone mainstream.  Things she said get scrutinized.  Just like someone like, say, Whoopie Goldberg or anyone else on "The View." Arguably, she should get more scrutiny than them, because she's trying to bill herself as a "real" news-person, rather than the host of a morning talk show. 

Look, I get it: Twitter mobs (and other internet "cancel" mobs) drive me insane.  I hate how everyone is super sensitive.  But I also think it is fair to point out when I think a news-person says or does something inappropriate. 

And I'm equal opportunity here:  Take the Chris Cuomo thing that happened a few months ago, with him losing his mind over a guy that called him Fredo.  If someone thought that this was a bad look for him, and thought less of him for doing it, I'd say it "matters" to that person that he did it.  Behavior and words that people say and do matter. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread