Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Breaking - Kareem Hunt RELEASED and unclaimed


Recommended Posts

32 minutes ago, Streetduck said:

Anyone who thinks he did nothing wrong is just worried about their team be it the Chiefs or fantasy and that my friend is wrong.

false. I couldnt care less about the NFL and I dont own Hunt or any Chief before I picked up Ware in my redraft keeper yesterday

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 660
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

NFL Announces New Zero-Tolerance Policy on Videotaped Domestic Violence

But they drafted tyreek hill and continue playing him every week knowing he beat and choked a pregnant woman....

Boo hoo.  Get a life dude.  

6 minutes ago, Jayrok said:

So did the Chiefs release him because of the video or because he lied to them about the incident?  If the latter, I could see multiple teams desperately wanting to claim him but won't out of fear of a PR nightmare.  But won't be surprised if a he gets claimed before Christmas.  

The description of the video is worse than the actual footage, imo.   Plenty of blame to share, but never good hit hit anyone, including women.  

Disclaimer:  not a Chiefs fan nor do I play league FF (only daily FF) so no horse in the race.  

He can only be claimed on the next waiver cycle (Monday) and if he is he's subject to his original contract.  After that he's free to sign with anyone for any terms.

Edited by Hankmoody
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Wooters said:

What if you and you wife were continually called the N-word (pretend you’re black for a second) by a drunk girl and then said drunk girl started hitting and punching your wife. Would that girl have to “deal with you” then...tough guy?

Yes I would walk away and say that idiot is drunk ignore her she’s a WOMAN. I certainly (especially in Hunt’s position) wouldn’t start striking at her. Just like I’m going to ignore you’re trying to goad me into this being personal. Have a nice day Sir.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Teams know they don't dare pick this guy up. He is a PR s***storm waiting to happen.  The Redskins got a lot of flack for picking up Foster, and no one actually got to see him beat the woman up.  The chiefs decided they were going to take a stand for what is right and cut a pro bowl-caliber running back to show a zero tolerance policy for domestic abuse. Can you imagine the team that says, eh, it's not that big a deal. It's a chance to get a good running back? I know teams like the Cowboys and Bengals traditionally have no problem with bad character players. But once it's on video and people actually see it, I think even teams like that will decide to pass on this guy.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Jayrok said:

So did the Chiefs release him because of the video or because he lied to them about the incident?  If the latter, I could see multiple teams desperately wanting to claim him but won't out of fear of a PR nightmare.  But won't be surprised if a he gets claimed before Christmas.  

The description of the video is worse than the actual footage, imo.   Plenty of blame to share, but never good hit hit anyone, including women.  

Disclaimer:  not a Chiefs fan nor do I play league FF (only daily FF) so no horse in the race.  

for lying. per their statement.

Hunt will play in 2019

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Streetduck said:

Yes I would walk away and say that idiot is drunk ignore her she’s a WOMAN. I certainly (especially in Hunt’s position) wouldn’t start striking at her. Just like I’m going to ignore you’re trying to goad me into this being personal. Have a nice day Sir.

He's either a troll or someone who has no problem with beating up women. I'm hoping he's just a troll

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wooters said:

 

????  Ummm, Kareeem Hunt actually is one of those RB’s. 

I don't think he is.  Andy Reid always gets production out of whoever his RB is, and I've never considered Hunt as important to that offense this year as Mahomes, Kelce or Tyreek Hill. There will be a short adjustment period where they get used to not having Hunt, but the offense will be just fine without Hunt. 

Edited by Ghost Rider
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, FreeBaGeL said:

I can somewhat see this viewpoint. But on the other hand Mixon was drafted in the 2nd round not long after a much worse video was released of him cold clocking a girl so badly she had to have her mouth wired shut. How do you reconcile that with your point? There was plenty of PR heat to go around then and no real football to distract people at that time. 

And the fact he is still playing in the league speaks volumes of how incredibly bad this league is right now.

No tolerance policy on beating woman. Period. I am sorry....but you simply do not beat up on women...unless they are beating you with a bat and you truly defending yourself and feel your life and well being is danger.

Dixon, Rice, Hunt.......beat up on girls. No place for this in the NFL or in society period. 

Hunt’s career is over. And make no mistake...Ruben will never play again either. And Doug Williams comments the other day were down right ridiculous and incredibly stupid and narrow minded. He will not have a job soon as well. Unreal.

The NFL has a brand issue......and it is simply getting worse. 

Hunt is a complete idiot for doing this to his career.

Its over.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Streetduck said:

So you just think he did nothing wrong because your personal beliefs are it’s OK to hit women?

no. by the letter of the law both parties are at fault. I think the kick was hardly a kick, but nonetheless not a good idea. hes an idiot for engaging in this, even if she did instigate it and was acting inappropriate. He, and other athletes, need to be smarter in these situations, but intelligence isnt what these guys are known for. I'm not ready to put him on the same level as Ray Rice, because what he did is not even close to what Hunt did. I think Hunt should have walked away. this whole story is the epitome of what's wrong with the inner cities today. someone mouths off or "disrespects you" and that's supposed to be fair game for a beating or worse. fighting hate with violence. I would have reacted exactly how you described how you would have above. I would have walked away. Hunt should have too. He didnt. but he didnt wail on her, beat her, etc. He pushed her away (and maybe not even that) and gave her a half kick to the rear end at most. Is that right? no. should we throw him in jail for it? no. should he lose his job? I think had he been honest with KC he would still be employed. and I would be okay with that. 

Edited by Dr. Dan
Link to post
Share on other sites

Agreed, I also think he should have been honest and things would have gone much better for him.

I never said he deserved jail time or that his crime was the same as Ray Rice’s ridiculous act. But when you have money or are famous you definitely have to have better judgment. People are being fired for words these days let alone actions like this, right or wrong it happens in more than the NFL.

Edited by Streetduck
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Casting Couch said:

I will hold onto Hunt in my dynasty leagues for a while, but I believe it will be a wasted space.

The video will probably cost him his career,  and I cant say that I disagree with the verdict if it goes that way.

Should be zero tolerance for this type of behavior in any profession. 

Time will pass, passions will cool, he will do a contrition tour after taking the appropriate classes for window dressing.  We will all suspect that he has not fundamentally changed because we will suspect he took the classes as window dressing, not through a sincere desire to change, but his contrition tour will get him another chance, unless he screws up again during the effort to rehab his image.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Dr. Dan said:

no. by the letter of the law both parties are at fault. I think the kick was hardly a kick, but nonetheless not a good idea. hes an idiot for engaging in this, even if she did instigate it and was acting inappropriate. He, and other athletes, need to be smarter in these situations, but intelligence isnt what these guys are known for. I'm not ready to put him on the same level as Ray Rice, because what he did is not even close to what Hunt did. I think Hunt should have walked away. this whole story is the epitome of what's wrong with the inner cities today. someone mouths off or "disrespects you" and that's supposed to be fair game for a beating or worse. fighting hate with violence. I would have reacted exactly how you described how you would have above. I would have walked away. Hunt should have too. He didnt. but he didnt wail on her, beat her, etc. He pushed her away (and maybe not even that) and gave her a half kick to the rear end at most. Is that right? no. should we throw him in jail for it? no. should he lose his job? I think had he been honest with KC he would still be employed. and I would be okay with that. 

Dan it does not matter if you are ok with it. His team and the league are not. No matter what you see on the video or how insignificant it might appear to be......video is a death sentence to an athletes career when it comes to these things.

He is a total idiot for this....and lying to his team just sealed his fate. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, JuniorNB said:

Teams know they don't dare pick this guy up. He is a PR s***storm waiting to happen.  The Redskins got a lot of flack for picking up Foster, and no one actually got to see him beat the woman up.  The chiefs decided they were going to take a stand for what is right and cut a pro bowl-caliber running back to show a zero tolerance policy for domestic abuse. Can you imagine the team that says, eh, it's not that big a deal. It's a chance to get a good running back? I know teams like the Cowboys and Bengals traditionally have no problem with bad character players. But once it's on video and people actually see it, I think even teams like that will decide to pass on this guy.

The Redskins are in a unique P.R. position.  When you have already shown you do not give a flying #### about public perception by fighting hard to keep a racist moniker what is a little D.V. sprinkled in on top of blatant racism? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Streetduck said:

Agreed, I also think he should have been honest and things would have gone much better for him.

I never said he deserved jail time or that his crime was the same as Ray Rice’s ridiculous act. But when you have money or are famous you definitely have to have better judgment. People are being fired for words these days let alone actions like this, right or wrong it happens in more than the NFL.

If Rice was 5 years younger he would have been back in the league the next season..just as Hunt will be.  Plus this will hurt Bell as teams can sign Hunt at a cut rate deal instead of blowing big money on Bell

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Ditkaless Wonders said:

The Redskins are in a unique P.R. position.  When you have already shown you do not give a flying #### about public perception by fighting hard to keep a racist moniker what is a little D.V. sprinkled in on top of blatant racism? 

Don't forget the child abuse.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Ditkaless Wonders said:

The Redskins are in a unique P.R. position.  When you have already shown you do not give a flying #### about public perception by fighting hard to keep a racist moniker what is a little D.V. sprinkled in on top of blatant racism? 

 

2 minutes ago, Shutout said:

Don't forget the child abuse.  

They also just claimed Ruben Foster off waivers.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Da Guru said:

If Rice was 5 years younger he would have been back in the league the next season..just as Hunt will be.  Plus this will hurt Bell as teams can sign Hunt at a cut rate deal instead of blowing big money on Bell

Just to play serious devil's advocate here but last night I said, jokingly, that Hunt got what Bell wanted.  He saved a year of wear and tear and now he will be free to negotiate a contract, not on his rookie salary scale but for whatever someone is willing to pay (which would be a lot more based on the production if not for the dark cloud hanging over the situation).

 

So, just for grins and giggles, what would be the fallout/reaction IF (IF) Hunt were to go unclaimed and show up next year free to play and some team signed him to a HUGE contract.  Would the look on Bell's face be priceless? Would fans be outraged if they think he got off easy and actually got off better than if he were "forced" to play out his contract at the lower rate? I mean, is it possible that we look back 3 years from now to find out he saved wear and tear AND made more money out of it and now nobody is really even thinking about him except for in terms of FF?

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Shutout said:

Just to play serious devil's advocate here but last night I said, jokingly, that Hunt got what Bell wanted.  He saved a year of wear and tear and now he will be free to negotiate a contract, not on his rookie salary scale but for whatever someone is willing to pay (which would be a lot more based on the production if not for the dark cloud hanging over the situation).

 

So, just for grins and giggles, what would be the fallout/reaction IF (IF) Hunt were to go unclaimed and show up next year free to play and some team signed him to a HUGE contract.  Would the look on Bell's face be priceless? Would fans be outraged if they think he got off easy and actually got off better than if he were "forced" to play out his contract at the lower rate? I mean, is it possible that we look back 3 years from now to find out he saved wear and tear AND made more money out of it and now nobody is really even thinking about him except for in terms of FF?

Would never happen since he's one more incident from being banned for a long time. He'd need to prove he can stay clean for a while before a team would feel confident giving a big long term deal.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Streetduck said:

 

They also just claimed Ruben Foster off waivers.

Several years ago, the Bengals had a particularly bad run of (for lack of using a better word) employing a lot of thugs and hoodlums, to the point it seemed that coincided with the league implementing a rule that teams could be personally fined and have draft picks forfeited if their players were jerks.  It seemed to be aimed squarely on the Bengals.  That was, what, 8-10 years ago?  Has anything really changed for the franchise?  Do they still make money putting out a mediocre product? Is the owner still crazy wealthy?  Does it still cost $300 for two people to go to a game (and people are still doing it)?  Add that to the great nugget tossed out here a bit ago about how Mixon's jersey is highly popular with women and I guess it just really goes to show you something...I won't say what that is...don't want to offend...but it IS telling. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tool said:

Would never happen since he's one more incident from being banned for a long time. He'd need to prove he can stay clean for a while before a team would feel confident giving a big long term deal.

Don't think it might be done with clauses in the contract protecting the team?  With an NFL contract, them not being truly guaranteed, all you really have to do is put some language in there and not back up the truck with guaranteed up-front money.  I think there could be a team out there that might offer big money if that's what they think gets them over the top.  Could a team like the Texans or Packers do it?  Rodgers isn't getting younger.  The Texans defense is closing a window.  My gut says they aren't the types of teams to do it but this league has shown over and over that SOMEBODY is always in a desperate position to make a poor decision and sell their morality.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Bonehead move by Hunt.  With that said--his career isn't over.  Players with talent tend to get second chances.  Look at Adrian Peterson, Joe Mixon and even Hunts former teammate Tyreke Hill.  He's not a Ray Rice that was towards the latter part of his career.   Hunt's career took a hit-but its certainly not over.  It might take a year--but he'll be back playing for a team.  

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Tool said:

Would never happen since he's one more incident from being banned for a long time. He'd need to prove he can stay clean for a while before a team would feel confident giving a big long term deal.

Hunt was busted for banned substances? 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally viewed the video. While bad, I wouldn’t classify it as “brutal” and certainly not along the lines of the Joe Mixon video.  I was expecting much worse. 

The entitled girl who goes off because she wasn’t allowed to join the party gets no blame for this?  Looks like she was asked to leave and couldn’t deal with not getting her way.  Good chance her parents never told her no to anything.  

Hunt definitely deserves a rest of year suspension but this shouldn’t end his career.  

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I might be on an island here, and I haven't read this whole thread so forgive me if this has been said.  

As a society we agree that violence of any kind shouldn't be tolerated (this aggression will not stand, man).  We agree that violence against women is worse than violence against men. However, we don't take notice of the difference between assault with and without the intent to injure? In my opinion, both the push and the kick and the push were of the GTFO variety.  Hunt was clearly very wrong in his actions. But I don't think it is correct to categorize his actions as "violence towards women." 

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Thinking 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, efactor said:

Finally viewed the video. While bad, I wouldn’t classify it as “brutal” and certainly not along the lines of the Joe Mixon video.  I was expecting much worse. 

The entitled girl who goes off because she wasn’t allowed to join the party gets no blame for this?  Looks like she was asked to leave and couldn’t deal with not getting her way.  Good chance her parents never told her no to anything.  

Hunt definitely deserves a rest of year suspension but this shouldn’t end his career.  

The girl's behavior has nothing to do with Hunt's behavior. It's a sad way of justifying things. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Wooters said:

Who beat up a woman?  Did Kareem Hunt beat up a woman?  If he did, Point me to the video that shows that because it certainly isn’t on this tape. Who’s trolling now?

and the Chiefs released him for lying...not for beating anyone up nor due to some BS domestic abuse accusation. When you call what is on this video, domestic abuse, you belittle people that suffer from actual domestic abuse. Don’t be that guy. 

A two handed shove followed by a kick? That's not abuse to you?  I take it you do that to women and think it's a far cry from abuse.  Or does your philosophy on abuse differ depending on whether the abuser can catch a football and break some tackles? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, efactor said:

Finally viewed the video. While bad, I wouldn’t classify it as “brutal” and certainly not along the lines of the Joe Mixon video.  I was expecting much worse. 

The entitled girl who goes off because she wasn’t allowed to join the party gets no blame for this?  Looks like she was asked to leave and couldn’t deal with not getting her way.  Good chance her parents never told her no to anything.  

Hunt definitely deserves a rest of year suspension but this shouldn’t end his career.  

The story I read said she was kicked out of the party for refusing to hook up with one of Hunt's friends. Whatever the reason, NO, she gets no blame for this.

After reading through this thread I seriously wonder if people actually watched the video or if they are just imbeciles. Hunt initiated the violence. He shoved the woman 1st. He went at her a 2nd time and she defended herself and got her hand up in his face and made contact with Hunt. This infuriated him to the point that it took 2 guys ro pull him away. They led him down a hallway out of view but he broke away and in an effort to get back at the woman he slammed into his friend who was between Hunt and the woman. This sent both the friend and the woman to the ground with the woman hitting her head on the wall and leaving her dazed and in obvious pain. After struggling to get to her feet the woman squats down still in pain at which point Hunt kicked her (no, it wasn't a little tap) and sent her to the floor again for good measure. 

Hunt acted like an idiot and now he's paying the price. However, I don't think that this is a death knell for his career. I do believe in 2nd chances and hopefully Hunt will learn from this, do community service, attend classes and work to make himself a better human being. Having done that I don't see why another team wouldn't give him a shot.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Wooters said:

Who beat up a woman?  Did Kareem Hunt beat up a woman?  If he did, Point me to the video that shows that because it certainly isn’t on this tape. Who’s trolling now?

and the Chiefs released him for lying...not for beating anyone up nor due to some BS domestic abuse accusation. When you call what is on this video, domestic abuse, you belittle people that suffer from actual domestic abuse. Don’t be that guy. 

He definitely tried to beat up a woman.  He slammed into a grown man in his attempt to beat her up; so violently that he knocked two people several feet, dazing both of them. Then he kicked her while she was on the ground.  The Chiefs released him for lying about assaulting a woman, not for lying about something trivial.  When you downplay violence against women by saying “he didn’t punch her, he only slapped her,” or “he didn’t beat her up, he only knocked her down and playfully kicked her while she was on the ground,” you belittle women who are assaulted and don’t report it because fear they won’t be believed.  Don’t be that guy.

That being said, I’d expect him to play again.  But I’m curious how that would work.  Let’s assume he is suspended for 6 games under the domestic abuse policy.  If he signs with a team, does he have to sit out 6 games while under contract, or does a team wait till after week 6 to sign him?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

This thread is concerning.

Ok fine, take everything else off the table if some want to make excuses for Hunt, and call it what you will, many are making excuses for Hunt. Avoid the shoving, make your argument he pushed a guy and that guy pushed her, make the argument she wasnt supposed to be there.

Hunt kicked a woman already on the ground, the reason dont matter. Period. End of story, be on the side of history defending that on this site. Thats assault and its against a woman.

Sorry your football season have crumbled because you rostered a man who kicks women on the ground.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mojo56 said:

The story I read said she was kicked out of the party for refusing to hook up with one of Hunt's friends. Whatever the reason, NO, she gets no blame for this.

After reading through this thread I seriously wonder if people actually watched the video or if they are just imbeciles. Hunt initiated the violence. He shoved the woman 1st. He went at her a 2nd time and she defended herself and got her hand up in his face and made contact with Hunt. This infuriated him to the point that it took 2 guys ro pull him away. They led him down a hallway out of view but he broke away and in an effort to get back at the woman he slammed into his friend who was between Hunt and the woman. This sent both the friend and the woman to the ground with the woman hitting her head on the wall and leaving her dazed and in obvious pain. After struggling to get to her feet the woman squats down still in pain at which point Hunt kicked her (no, it wasn't a little tap) and sent her to the floor again for good measure. 

Hunt acted like an idiot and now he's paying the price. However, I don't think that this is a death knell for his career. I do believe in 2nd chances and hopefully Hunt will learn from this, do community service, attend classes and work to make himself a better human being. Having done that I don't see why another team wouldn't give him a shot.

 

If it’s a real change, then I agree.  What Hill did made me sick, but from everything I have read, he and the girl he abused are together, he hasn’t has any further issues & he’s changed.  Make a mistake, learn from it, & change; I believe you deserve a second chance.  You make it a habit (Reuben Foster) & you don’t.  Pissed the ‘Skins signed him.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Sheriff Bart said:

That's what I was wondering. Believe me, not trying to justify what he did in any way. In fact first I heard about Tyreek Jill. I don't follow as much as I used to. Rely on Draft Dominator and 5 Second Primer. 

However Hunt is still ranked 3 in RBs on 5SP.  I'm with you @Casting Couchbut at the same time dropping Hunt who then could be picked up by another team and cost me a championship is a real moral dilemma.

Again, horrible what he did.  :(

Wat? Unless this post is a fishing trip I think you mean strategic dilemma.

Link to post
Share on other sites

if Hunt had done exactly the same thing to a guy - would people be in an uproar about it ?

my point in that is that his actions are what they are - who they are towards is irrelevant ..... so if you see Hunt violently abusing here, you should see that abuse whether its a woman or man right (equal rights, equality towards everyone)

I still can't find anything to support why anyone would call her entitled ?

 

Hunt deserves suspension, KC sent a message ......... all that is warranted

Edited by Stealthycat
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Stealthycat said:

why is this young woman being labeled "entitled" ??

Apparently the young lady was in the room, Hunt found out that she was underage, threw her out, she banged on his hotel door for thirty minutes and called him the n-word.

A smarter move on his part would have been to call hotel security and have her removed. 

Does that make her entitled? I don't know. But he shouldn't have reacted the way he did.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m kind of late to the party here and don’t have time to read all responses.  Just a few questions for any who may know for sure...

1. Can you hear her calling him the “n” word in the video?   Or are we just going on what he told police?   I wasn’t able to hear sound in the video.

2. Have the chiefs come out and said they released him specifically for lying or are we still guessing about this?

3. Does anyone know the full story for certain about how this all unfolded?  Or are we still speculating about who started it and how it escalated to the point it did?  

If the answers to these are still uncertain, than I can’t possibly see a way to cast FULL judgement on either person involved or tell the fate of Kareem Hunt’s NFL future.  Obviously Hunt is in the wrong for hitting a women, but I would like to know the full details before condemning him as a monster  

Obviously  putting him on the exempt list while it’s investigated further is the only choice the NFL had.   

As far as the chiefs releasing him, that’s a pretty bold move.  If it is indeed for lying to them, then I get it.  If it’s their way of taking a hard line stance against violence, then it’s honorable and hypocritical at the same time given the aforementioned tyreek hill situation.  Whether or not there is video of hill or not, and even though he’s cleaned up his act, you are still sending a mixed message if Hunt was cut for the violence factor.  

If any of this was already covered above and I missed it, I apologize for wasting your time.  

Edited by jmo87usc
Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah for everyone saying it wasn’t that bad and he barely hurt her or that the kick was a tap I hope you do realize that it was because he had 3 guys trying to hold him back and make sure he didn’t hurt her. All he had to do was go back into the room after they got him around that corner. Instead he fought with them and pushed or bumped into the one guy that in turn sent him and the women flying. Then they pushed hunt back away again and he still was going crazy not leaving which then in turn was when he kicked at her and it doesn’t matter whether it was a full on kick or just a tap. She was sitting on the ground doing nothing and he still went after her with the kick.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Capella said:

Wow the Skins are going to be loaded. 

Skins lose QB for remainder of season and possibly end of his career and they don't sign Kap due to blowback they'd get from fans then are the only team to put in a bid on Reuben Foster feeling the blowback was worth it.  

The league has to be clear on where they stand.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I do still think he gets claimed off of waivers tho. He won’t play another down this year tho because there’s no way Goodall takes him off the exempt list. Then he probably gets a year long suspension.

Edited by Bfrahm3
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bfrahm3 said:

I do still think he gets claimed off of waivers tho. He won’t play another down this year tho because there’s no way Goodall takes him off the exempt list. Then he probably gets a year long suspension.

I agree except with the year long suspension. A suspension for sure, but I’m guessing 6 games

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, JamieMurphy said:

Apparently the young lady was in the room, Hunt found out that she was underage, threw her out, she banged on his hotel door for thirty minutes and called him the n-word.

A smarter move on his part would have been to call hotel security and have her removed. 

Does that make her entitled? I don't know. But he shouldn't have reacted the way he did.

agreed

his actions were unwarranted - but violent assault? no, I don't see it as that because had it been a 19 year old guy wanting an autograph or interview and Hunt did that, people wouldn't care at all would they ?

Bfrahm3    you have a point because to me, it seems like an action Hunt was comfortable with, it didn't shock him at all to do that. But that's an assumption is all. Had Hunt had a free lane to go for her, yes he could have really hurt her

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

the N word being used is accusation, there is no audio from the video as I understand it ?

and too, the music Hunt likely listens to is likely vulgar N filled rap music that degrades women - but that too is a guess

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bfrahm3 said:

Yeah for everyone saying it wasn’t that bad and he barely hurt her or that the kick was a tap I hope you do realize that it was because he had 3 guys trying to hold him back and make sure he didn’t hurt her. All he had to do was go back into the room after they got him around that corner. Instead he fought with them and pushed or bumped into the one guy that in turn sent him and the women flying. Then they pushed hunt back away again and he still was going crazy not leaving which then in turn was when he kicked at her and it doesn’t matter whether it was a full on kick or just a tap. She was sitting on the ground doing nothing and he still went after her with the kick.

I realize that.  Though, I wouldn't be so quick to jump to the conclusion that he would have injured her if the guys weren't there to hold him back.  I didn't see anything in the video that suggested he wanted to cause her serious physical harm.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, JuniorNB said:

The girl's behavior has nothing to do with Hunt's behavior. It's a sad way of justifying things. 

If she had left when she was asked to, it wouldn’t have happened. 

Well, to her anyway.  

 

Edited by efactor
Link to post
Share on other sites

had Hunt not asked 19 years olds back to his room it wouldn't have happened, if neither he or his crew or her or her friends had been bar hopping it wouldn't have happened .... the what if's are endless

as for FF implications and Chiefs team ...

 

will they high draft a RB in 2019 ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Hankmoody changed the title to Breaking - Kareem Hunt RELEASED and unclaimed

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...