What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** OFFICIAL SUPER BOWL LIII Thread - PATRIOTS vs. RAMS *** (1 Viewer)

Pats skip final walkthrough and allow the team to bring family out onto the field for some R&R and family time before the big day. 

Lots of chatter out of NE that sounds calm, cool, and prepared. If it was any coach other than Belichick, I’d be concerned about not utilizing every moment to prepare.... but With Bill, somehow I trust him to allocate the time as what he sees best for the team. :unsure:  
hes been there before....like 11 times, its routine.....Pats 38  Rams 20....80s/90s style blowout coming

Last edited by a moderator:
@darrenrovell

“Judging from ticket sales & Atlanta crowd now, Patriots fans might have 80% of the stadium tomorrow. Said one insider: “There is a ‘Jordan final Bulls season‘ feel to this that has brought Patriots fans back out.””

https://twitter.com/darrenrovell/status/1091908372759224320?s=21

I definitely have that feeling... this one is hitting me harder than it maybe should. I really really want the guys to win this one for Tom, Bill, Gronk, and Jules...

19 hours to go.... 

@darrenrovell

“Judging from ticket sales & Atlanta crowd now, Patriots fans might have 80% of the stadium tomorrow. Said one insider: “There is a ‘Jordan final Bulls season‘ feel to this that has brought Patriots fans back out.””

I definitely have that feeling... this one is hitting me harder than it maybe should. I really really want the guys to win this one for Tom, Bill, Gronk, and Jules...

19 hours to go.... 
Relax icon you guys got this

@darrenrovell

19 hours to go.... 
The exact reason so many don’t want the Pats to win.  My reasons are a little more selfish. 

Pats skip final walkthrough and allow the team to bring family out onto the field for some R&R and family time before the big day. 

Lots of chatter out of NE that sounds calm, cool, and prepared. If it was any coach other than Belichick, I’d be concerned about not utilizing every moment to prepare.... but With Bill, somehow I trust him to allocate the time as what he sees best for the team. :unsure:  
They've done this the past few SB appearances, it's become routine for them. Plus they had a walkthrough on Thursday 

Quite possibly one of the best commercial’s ever....Nice job Jeep.🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸
Indeed, 

Fun sidenote as the resident forum jeep nerd:

It’s easily missed in the video, but the “wave” featuring an old CJ was no accident.

The unwritten rule in jeep culture is the driver of the newer jeep is obligated to initiate the “jeep wave” to an older jeep (the CJ) as a show of respect. 

Parting thoughts....

This game could go either way....I'm surprised that the community is bimodal in its predictions....generally polarized into Pats big or Rams big.  That's sort of pre-salary cap mindset.

Throw out the Chiefs game because Chiefs' pass defense is not good.  Chargers game is more illuminating....Pats MUST establish the run for play action to work otherwise receivers will get eaten up.  Rams have more receiving talent, but Goff is a question mark...and asking Goff to be Nick Foles is a tough ask.

I think Pats win the turnover battle, but its a crapshoot.  

Hopefully the refs stay out of the way (that's not a dig at the Rams; it's a sincere wish).

Enjoy the game everyone...before we enter PGA purgatory until the draft.

Tons of quick short passes by NE. A lot going to the outside away from the middle of that D. They will try and wear out the D with long drives. 3rd & long, it's going to Edelman or Gronk. Repeat of KC. Rams have to get Brady off the field fast and do the exact same thing to the NE D in order to give their own D a rest.

Bill knows he has the refs on his side.  Which it's to bad because otherwise the Rama would blow them out!

My late brother was a lifelong Los Angeles Rams fan. His heart was broken when they left town. He was happy when they won in St Louis but it wasn’t the same. 

What I remember most growing up in the 70s was my brother’s agony every time the Rams under Chuck Knox would get into the playoffs and inevitably run into Minnesota- they could never get past the Vikings. 

So Steve I love you and miss you, and I’m rooting for your old team today. And here’s to all the players you cheered for over the years: Roman Gabriel, Deacon Jones, Merlin Olsen, Pat Haden, Jack Youngblood, Nolan Cromwell, Vince Ferragamo, Jackie Slater, Eric Dickerson. 

Go Rams! 

bucksoh said:
Bill knows he has the refs on his side.  Which it's to bad because otherwise the Rama would blow them out!
Yes because we know the Patriots get all the calls in their favor... of course a Squealers fan would say that too :lol:

lod001 said:
Tons of quick short passes by NE. A lot going to the outside away from the middle of that D. 
Think total opposite. Avoid Talib and Peters (although he'll be targeted). Rams are softer in the middle of the field. Were lousy against TEs. Edelman will get his and I have a feeling Gronk is going to go out with  a bang.

Been thinking a lot about this game today. A week ago, I figured the Patriots would win a close game, where Brady drives them down for a last second win. After looking at the matchups more and more, I'm starting to think the Rams win, and possibly by 2 scores.

If the Patriots do win, I think Gronk is going to have to have a big game, receiving and blocking. I also think Sony Michel is going to have to get outside. If they try to dink and dunk, to White/Edelman, I think they will fail. Donald will likely cause havoc, but Suh can be blocked 1-1 by Mason when he's lined up there. This would have been a great game to have Josh Gordon for, with the Rams tendency to give up deep balls. Don't know if Dorsett/Patterson/Hogan can take advantage of that. 

If the Rams are going to win, it needs to be on Jared Goff's arm. The Rams pass catchers should mostly have winnable matchups, so all Goff has to do is protect the ball. Gerald Everett is a name to keep in mind. The Patriots really struggle against seam stretching TE's, unless its a guy they've specifically game planned to stop(like Kelce last week) they won't commit that much to Everett. I also thinks Woods  and Cooks have winnable matchup whenever they can avoid Gilmore. I'm very curious to see how the Patriots cover Cooks. If he is 1-1 with J.C. Jackson, I'm expecting bombs away. I think the Patriots shut down the Rams run game, with the hope that playing 1-dimensional makes Goff more likely to make a mistake. This a game where Adrian Clayborn needs to step up, or really anyone on the D-line that isn't Trey Flowers. 

I'll pick Rams 27-17, with Goff as the MVP, and a sneaky nice game from Gerald Everett.

My late brother was a lifelong Los Angeles Rams fan. His heart was broken when they left town. He was happy when they won in St Louis but it wasn’t the same. 

What I remember most growing up in the 70s was my brother’s agony every time the Rams under Chuck Knox would get into the playoffs and inevitably run into Minnesota- they could never get past the Vikings. 

So Steve I love you and miss you, and I’m rooting for your old team today. And here’s to all the players you cheered for over the years: Roman Gabriel, Deacon Jones, Merlin Olsen, Pat Haden, Jack Youngblood, Nolan Cromwell, Vince Ferragamo, Jackie Slater, Eric Dickerson. 

Go Rams! 
Sorry for your loss. 

As a life long Rams fan I remember and suffered in those days too.  It’s a new dawn.  

Jesus Christ what is up with Phil’s hair?  I guess I haven’t really been watching or paying attention to the pregame show this year?

Boy that is a TERRIBLE start for the Rams. <May have already lost the game by deferring.

Users who are viewing this thread